Man City will Buy Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

robchamp

In Nov 08 on the Demo with Arsenal - thought I would try and sell some dead wood who havent impressed me in the demo.

Rosicky - played 1 game then I offered him to City and they duly bid £30m straight.

Van Persie - not very good for me - offered him to City and the bid £32.5m.

They are going to make us all rich on this game.

So far only got G.Rossi for £9.25m from the above £62.5m.

hope this is rectified tbh...

will spoil the game..

and completely unrealistic in the sense mark hughes is so careful in the transfer market by nature

TBH I wouldn't sell to them for a fee I consider unrealistic because I know it is just that. I got offered £16mil for Gallas for them, but chose to take the £12mil from Milan instead.

I think that is a realistic offer Arsenal, it shows City have to pay above the odds to attract high quality players

I don't. Mark Hughes wouldn't pay £16mil for a 31 year old. Anyway, it's been and gone:)

Purefun, this isn't really to do with playing as Man City, more about selling to them. So IMO it is OK where it is.

Well, if giving the new Liverpool manager a transfer budget of 5 million quid is "realistic" then Man City buying all my cast offs for big money and upping my transer budget is "realistic".

(and most human players and up paying well over the odds for players they sign anyway, I hope SI leave this alone...it's evens things up a bit IMO).

If anybody thinks the city thing is unrealistic, there is a very easy solution to your problem...don't deal with them, sell to other clubs (like "Arsenal_2111" has).

but maybe having a budget of 5mil is reasonable. After all riera was bought for about 8mil, keane for 20.5mil, dossena for 7mil and cavalieri for about 3mil. thats around 38.5mil. we may have sold a couple for a bob or two but the owners are already having a bit of trouble with money and are hardly going to let the manager spend 40mil then sack him and give the new manager the same.

How can you offer to just Man City? Are you just offering to 'all human clubs' and they're bidding?

And I agree, Mark Hughes is too careful with his money, no matter how much he has.

I meant I offered to all and they were the only ones to bid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't. Mark Hughes wouldn't pay £16mil for a 31 year old. Anyway, it's been and gone:)

Purefun, this isn't really to do with playing as Man City, more about selling to them. So IMO it is OK where it is.

Totally agree thats why I put it on here - it shows that for the first season at least there is no club that can compete with them financially - and with Arsenal in Nov on the demo - im top with Man City sitting pretty in 3rd - they are goin to be a big force on FM09!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arsenal

Still this should go into another forum namely GQ this offcourse IMO. If that is OK by you. :)

Yeah, I agree about that. This forum is for getting recommendations mostly, and discussing players. Not their transfer systems.

But I don't know if GQ would be happy with people naming players(however well known) in there.

It's a tricky one, it could go in either TBH...

I have mixed thoughts on this issue.

The transfer module is obviously quite complex and it would be foolish to try and sum it up thusly, but still, this is probably a simplified process of what is happening

1. Is the player being offered greater than the ones we currently have for position x?
  2. Do we have adequate resources to place a bid for the offered player?

Since these two points are both true, they put in a bid. When you offer them players, early in the game... Man City aren't as strong as they'd like to be, both depth wise and with their current squad players.

I do think it is realistic that if players of this quality were to be come available, Man City would be inclined to put an offer in - partly because their threats to buy the worlds greatest could never, and will never come true. After a certain point, money really just does become bits of paper, plastic or metal.

Anyway, as to Mark Hughes being fiscally responsible - well, the game probably has a variable where it attributes each manager with a willingness to delve into the market for absurd players, absurd prices, or whether they gun for the youngin's etc. Mark Hughes' probably just isn't set as conservative as perhaps he should be - but mind you, we don't know for sure that he is conservative because Blackburn in all likelihood never had any money. :)

Mark Hughes might be sitting in his living room drinking beer and playing FIFA09, getting carried away with his super team :)

Guest roberto922
Yeah, I agree about that. This forum is for getting recommendations mostly, and discussing players. Not their transfer systems.

But I don't know if GQ would be happy with people naming players(however well known) in there.

It's a tricky one, it could go in either TBH...

TBH GQ is an absolute cess pool atm so it wouldn't matter, it'd be drowned by 'I HATE SI!!' 'I blame SI for my PC being crap :mad:' threads etc.

i wish tosers wuold like you would stop saying "wrong forum" get a life ya sad basteards

anyone else AGREE!:cool:

so true mate! its seriously annoying.... just leave it out!

but back on topic, man city bid £2.5million for HILARIO! to be honest, Chelsea should have paid City to take him away! :D

not another thread ruined by people aruging! who cares if people want to tell you where you SHOULD post then its there right and tbh should just be in the right threads anyways to stop that happening in the 1st place!

but anyways i sold bridge, alex, kalou and hilario to Man City for decent fees lol. so im not complaining tbh.

Archived