• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Yoeri said:

I am curious. How is everybody playing? I play in the following system:

64e0608edc564ece65f2343ea9d1c560.png
https://gyazo.com/64e0608edc564ece65f2343ea9d1c560

I play the same formation but cannot tell which roles/instructions you have set (only speak English)

GK I currently have Leno as sweeper keeper but he is constantly moaning about a new contract so he is being replaced by Pickford.

LB/RB are set as wingbacks on auto, I trust them to pick and choose when to go forward.

CBS I use ball playing defenders with one on defend and other on cover (I find it reduces getting caught out by through balls).

DM as deep playing on defend.

CM one as advance playmaker or deep playing support, other Mezzala on attack.

LW/RW one is a winger and other an inside forward with both on attack.

Striker is set to advance forward attack.

Squeaky bum time in my first season.

20190127092741_1.thumb.jpg.fe64e062d299d3ff5195ded1e1d5c2c0.jpg

My remaining games are both away, Everton and Man City

Liverpool have Burnley home and Southampton away. 

I feel like I am probably going to come up a bit short -really looking forward to a proper rebuild and tweak in the summer. 

On 25/01/2019 at 17:43, Yoeri said:

I am curious. How is everybody playing? I play in the following system:

64e0608edc564ece65f2343ea9d1c560.png
https://gyazo.com/64e0608edc564ece65f2343ea9d1c560

I have two on the go, both below. Neither are perfect at all:

20190127093244_1.thumb.jpg.65b16e1e1f1fac068abe606a31baaa9b.jpg20190127093227_1.thumb.jpg.8f28c51b8ebe0bc75d922e3fa6582318.jpg

prefer the one with the DM but struggling a little to make it stronger going forward. Hence this thread: 

Early January in my first season on FM18 - getting great results but not convinced about the match engine. Lone strikers just don't make good runs, but 2 up top is deadly. Also FAR FAR too easy for central midfielders to score from range. Elneny wasn't getting a look in, but in 2 starts and 2 sub appearances recently he has 5 goals, 4 of which were crackers. Still 20 wins out of 20 in the EPL is pretty sexy, even if I can't get the team playing the football I did on previous FMs. Seems easier to exploit the ME in this one, and get good results with lesser players with certain skillsets. Which has worked out well for me, as some of those have been cheap signings to bolster the squad.

Apart from a few prime targets I intentionally went after 'interesting' signings. Helps that the old deferred payment options seems more palatable to teams this time than FM18.

Ins - quite a few, some purely to be sold later and fill out in the cups:

Kik Pierie £1m - young version of Monreal

Pelayo Morilla   £1.1m - don't know anything about him, but my scouts got excited, and always good to have players who can fill multiple roles coming up

Gnoukouri - Free - loan fodder - those MLS teams love paying £250k p/m loan fees it seems

Antonio Marin - £2.3m recommended by a Croatian mate and used to pick him  up in FM18 - seems better this time.

Youssef Msakni - £1.5m - killer wages, but wanted to sign him for years, and the squad needs wingers BADLY and thought he could cover AM & RM - Hope I can flog him at seasons end, as he's performed great in a limited role

Jan Kirchoff - Free - was thinking of cups, but he requested a move when I didn't immediately register him and Fulham immediately bought him for £11m add ons - bizarre - £10.5m profit in about a week!

de Ligt - Ajax - £25+3m - Love this kid - wanted to get him at 18 so he can become homegrown.

Tasci - Free - to replace Kirchoff - see above!

Mario Vuskovic - £300k (no good centre-halves coming through the system and he looks a no nonsense stopper to compete with Mavrapanos down the line

Jores Okore £850k - don't know why he was so cheap - always thought he had promise at Villa - almost immediately loaned him out to Everton for a good loan fee. Wanted a possible future cover option if Kos doesn't pan out.

Sigurd Gronli £140k - might never make it but that free-kick stat is worth a punt!

Sandro Tonali £12.5m (over 3 years) - looks like a mini Pirlo, right down to the hair, but a bit better defensively.

Alex Robles £1.6m - wanted more cover at full-back (before Jenkinson's transfer to the US fell through) - Newcastle took him on loan, basically covering the transfer fee for a year, and he's getting decent game time

Moussa Sissoko - £8m - Rambo wasn't talking contracts, and I felt one midfield option with genuine power might add something to the squad, and he's always wanted to play for Arsenal - so far 5 goals in 2 starts and 9 sub appearances, and he's doubled in value. His positional flexibility has been useful off the bench

So far some kids, and some options for much needed positions. Then things got weird...I was planning to just look at maybe a few extra kids until....

After some knock backs, Bayern offer £49m+5m in potential add-ons for Mustafi - I don't quite drive him to the airport, but lets say I take the money and run. He's played for them 4 times so far...bizarre

As deLigt will be jumping into that squad space (and not counting against the domestic squad size limits), I look for a cheap centre-back to give me cover til Kos returns - then realise that with this Arsenal squad we are a bit short on the home-grown quota after recent departures - so in comes ex chelsea youth player Jeffrey Bruma for £4.3m from Wolfsburg. He's got enough pace for a high line and can play the ball out from the back, so can basically be Mustafi-light for £45m less than I sold the German for.

Then things get even weirder...Welbz keeps refusing to renew because he's been unsettled by other UK teams wanting to bolster their home-grown options, but I'm reluctant to sell, as I know he's useful in FM, and I like him. To try to stop Chelsea bidding for him every 5 mins, I ask them for £40m+£20m. They accept. Now I like Welbeck, but he won't renew with me and £60m for an injury prone reserve with 10 months left on the contract is an absolute no-brainer to sell. See ya Welbz - best of luck competing with Morata, Giroud & Hazard. (with 11 goals in 18 in all competitions, its been a good move for him).

So now I'm flush and need a wide man and striker.

Now I know I should just do the Pavon thing, but I'm getting into the unexpected signings game. So in comes my favourite Portuguese nut-job, Ricardo Quaresma for £5m. Gotta love that crossing stat, and he's a creative winger which is what I want there, pulling slightly inside to free Hector. In all comps 13 games, 7 goals, 8 assists - I'm happy, though he's starting to decline.

So...dosh to spend on a striker cover option...nice! But then I realise that Welbz is home grown and i need another home-grown player or my squad situation is going to get tricky. After much searching and declined bids, I take a punt on a Championship player with much unfulfilled potential but some nice raw abilities. In comes Britt Assombalonga from Middlesbrough for £5m. Turns out FM19 LOVES a bit of runs into channels and shoots with power. EPL - 3 starts, 2 subs = 5 goals. Europa League: 6 starts = 13 goals and 4 assists. :eek:

So suddenly having got good numbers in I have the £109m (or at least 90%) from my 2 big sales to add to my almost empty transfer budget - ka-ching! But I've full squad numbers....

So its the entirely unplanned Wunderkid splurge!

- In comes Frenkie De Jong for £30m over 3 years + 9m in possible add ons. Rambo departure contingency plan - and possibly a playmaker for the next decade.

But I'm still worried about long-term HG quota, so my record signing happens - Jaden Sancho for £20m up front + £45m over 3 years. Budget splashed (but with 3 year time delay) but I'm hoping to bed him in and then have him on one flank and Riess Neslon on the other next season, with Iwobi and Smith-Rowe covering each.

British Core #2 meets project youth #2.

I also brought in Lucas Piazon for £375k as part of longer term experiment to see if I can rescue more of the kids that Chelsea never gave a chance to - their youth team crushes everyone most years, but none of them get a game. Lets see if I can get their academy to start working for me!

Lastly, in came Kevin Mbabu £12.5m - I still needed one more HG player, and frankly Lichsteiner's legs won't be much use in year. Plus he can play WB or CB. The rest of my transfer budget left over due to installment transfers became my wage budget along the way to be able to pay people!

So far the team is performing ridiculously well, but I have some concerns about end of season fixture pile-ups and my random reserve signings being effective at crunch time. Have had some amazing results though...

Beat Spurs 8-1 at home - they only had Kane missing. Particularly enjoyed Sissoko coming of the bench to get number 8!

Man City 6-0 at home - No Debruyne or Sane, but Mesut had one of his random genius days.

Liverpool at home 6-2

Fenerbace 8-0 (including a club first for Smith Rowe) & 7-0 away (Assombalongo hat-tricks in both)

6-1 away at Wolves (Ramsey Hat-trick)

7-1 away at Entracht Frankfurt (6 different scorers)

LC 3rd round 7-0 at home vs Liecester (sancho hat trick) & just beat them 6-0 away in the league with 4 from Auba (who started really slowly, and suddenly has 11 in his last 5 games - I've no idea why!)

Obvs away games vs Liverpool, Spurs, City & United will probably stop my unbeaten run, but i've a 21 point lead after 21 games which is the best I've ever had at this stage. Its odd, i don't really feel i'm in control, or that my tactics are working as they should, but I'm stuffing teams. I'm rather confused to be honest.

3 hours ago, lomekian said:

Early January in my first season on FM18 - getting great results but not convinced about the match engine. Lone strikers just don't make good runs, but 2 up top is deadly. Also FAR FAR too easy for central midfielders to score from range. Elneny wasn't getting a look in, but in 2 starts and 2 sub appearances recently he has 5 goals, 4 of which were crackers. Still 20 wins out of 20 in the EPL is pretty sexy, even if I can't get the team playing the football I did on previous FMs. Seems easier to exploit the ME in this one, and get good results with lesser players with certain skillsets. Which has worked out well for me, as some of those have been cheap signings to bolster the squad.

Apart from a few prime targets I intentionally went after 'interesting' signings. Helps that the old deferred payment options seems more palatable to teams this time than FM18.

Ins - quite a few, some purely to be sold later and fill out in the cups:

Kik Pierie £1m - young version of Monreal

Pelayo Morilla   £1.1m - don't know anything about him, but my scouts got excited, and always good to have players who can fill multiple roles coming up

Gnoukouri - Free - loan fodder - those MLS teams love paying £250k p/m loan fees it seems

Antonio Marin - £2.3m recommended by a Croatian mate and used to pick him  up in FM18 - seems better this time.

Youssef Msakni - £1.5m - killer wages, but wanted to sign him for years, and the squad needs wingers BADLY and thought he could cover AM & RM - Hope I can flog him at seasons end, as he's performed great in a limited role

Jan Kirchoff - Free - was thinking of cups, but he requested a move when I didn't immediately register him and Fulham immediately bought him for £11m add ons - bizarre - £10.5m profit in about a week!

de Ligt - Ajax - £25+3m - Love this kid - wanted to get him at 18 so he can become homegrown.

Tasci - Free - to replace Kirchoff - see above!

Mario Vuskovic - £300k (no good centre-halves coming through the system and he looks a no nonsense stopper to compete with Mavrapanos down the line

Jores Okore £850k - don't know why he was so cheap - always thought he had promise at Villa - almost immediately loaned him out to Everton for a good loan fee. Wanted a possible future cover option if Kos doesn't pan out.

Sigurd Gronli £140k - might never make it but that free-kick stat is worth a punt!

Sandro Tonali £12.5m (over 3 years) - looks like a mini Pirlo, right down to the hair, but a bit better defensively.

Alex Robles £1.6m - wanted more cover at full-back (before Jenkinson's transfer to the US fell through) - Newcastle took him on loan, basically covering the transfer fee for a year, and he's getting decent game time

Moussa Sissoko - £8m - Rambo wasn't talking contracts, and I felt one midfield option with genuine power might add something to the squad, and he's always wanted to play for Arsenal - so far 5 goals in 2 starts and 9 sub appearances, and he's doubled in value. His positional flexibility has been useful off the bench

So far some kids, and some options for much needed positions. Then things got weird...I was planning to just look at maybe a few extra kids until....

After some knock backs, Bayern offer £49m+5m in potential add-ons for Mustafi - I don't quite drive him to the airport, but lets say I take the money and run. He's played for them 4 times so far...bizarre

As deLigt will be jumping into that squad space (and not counting against the domestic squad size limits), I look for a cheap centre-back to give me cover til Kos returns - then realise that with this Arsenal squad we are a bit short on the home-grown quota after recent departures - so in comes ex chelsea youth player Jeffrey Bruma for £4.3m from Wolfsburg. He's got enough pace for a high line and can play the ball out from the back, so can basically be Mustafi-light for £45m less than I sold the German for.

Then things get even weirder...Welbz keeps refusing to renew because he's been unsettled by other UK teams wanting to bolster their home-grown options, but I'm reluctant to sell, as I know he's useful in FM, and I like him. To try to stop Chelsea bidding for him every 5 mins, I ask them for £40m+£20m. They accept. Now I like Welbeck, but he won't renew with me and £60m for an injury prone reserve with 10 months left on the contract is an absolute no-brainer to sell. See ya Welbz - best of luck competing with Morata, Giroud & Hazard. (with 11 goals in 18 in all competitions, its been a good move for him).

So now I'm flush and need a wide man and striker.

Now I know I should just do the Pavon thing, but I'm getting into the unexpected signings game. So in comes my favourite Portuguese nut-job, Ricardo Quaresma for £5m. Gotta love that crossing stat, and he's a creative winger which is what I want there, pulling slightly inside to free Hector. In all comps 13 games, 7 goals, 8 assists - I'm happy, though he's starting to decline.

So...dosh to spend on a striker cover option...nice! But then I realise that Welbz is home grown and i need another home-grown player or my squad situation is going to get tricky. After much searching and declined bids, I take a punt on a Championship player with much unfulfilled potential but some nice raw abilities. In comes Britt Assombalonga from Middlesbrough for £5m. Turns out FM19 LOVES a bit of runs into channels and shoots with power. EPL - 3 starts, 2 subs = 5 goals. Europa League: 6 starts = 13 goals and 4 assists. :eek:

So suddenly having got good numbers in I have the £109m (or at least 90%) from my 2 big sales to add to my almost empty transfer budget - ka-ching! But I've full squad numbers....

So its the entirely unplanned Wunderkid splurge!

- In comes Frenkie De Jong for £30m over 3 years + 9m in possible add ons. Rambo departure contingency plan - and possibly a playmaker for the next decade.

But I'm still worried about long-term HG quota, so my record signing happens - Jaden Sancho for £20m up front + £45m over 3 years. Budget splashed (but with 3 year time delay) but I'm hoping to bed him in and then have him on one flank and Riess Neslon on the other next season, with Iwobi and Smith-Rowe covering each.

British Core #2 meets project youth #2.

I also brought in Lucas Piazon for £375k as part of longer term experiment to see if I can rescue more of the kids that Chelsea never gave a chance to - their youth team crushes everyone most years, but none of them get a game. Lets see if I can get their academy to start working for me!

Lastly, in came Kevin Mbabu £12.5m - I still needed one more HG player, and frankly Lichsteiner's legs won't be much use in year. Plus he can play WB or CB. The rest of my transfer budget left over due to installment transfers became my wage budget along the way to be able to pay people!

So far the team is performing ridiculously well, but I have some concerns about end of season fixture pile-ups and my random reserve signings being effective at crunch time. Have had some amazing results though...

Beat Spurs 8-1 at home - they only had Kane missing. Particularly enjoyed Sissoko coming of the bench to get number 8!

Man City 6-0 at home - No Debruyne or Sane, but Mesut had one of his random genius days.

Liverpool at home 6-2

Fenerbace 8-0 (including a club first for Smith Rowe) & 7-0 away (Assombalongo hat-tricks in both)

6-1 away at Wolves (Ramsey Hat-trick)

7-1 away at Entracht Frankfurt (6 different scorers)

LC 3rd round 7-0 at home vs Liecester (sancho hat trick) & just beat them 6-0 away in the league with 4 from Auba (who started really slowly, and suddenly has 11 in his last 5 games - I've no idea why!)

Obvs away games vs Liverpool, Spurs, City & United will probably stop my unbeaten run, but i've a 21 point lead after 21 games which is the best I've ever had at this stage. Its odd, i don't really feel i'm in control, or that my tactics are working as they should, but I'm stuffing teams. I'm rather confused to be honest.

Can you share you tactic/s please

On 27/01/2019 at 09:32, BrickCommo23 said:

Squeaky bum time in my first season.

20190127092741_1.thumb.jpg.fe64e062d299d3ff5195ded1e1d5c2c0.jpg

My remaining games are both away, Everton and Man City

Liverpool have Burnley home and Southampton away. 

I feel like I am probably going to come up a bit short -really looking forward to a proper rebuild and tweak in the summer. 

Ah man, I had a very similar first season & I just nicked it. How did you get on? 

5 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Ah man, I had a very similar first season & I just nicked it. How did you get on? 

We went and lost at Everton, 4-2. I tried to tweak the tactics and it backfired horrendously.

That meant needed Liverpool to lose final game of the season - which they did...not!

Ridiculously, we went and won 2-1 at City. Too little too late!

Strangely, I feel pleased not to have won the league. It feels more realistic somehow and means I can crack on with a proper summer rebuild with a clear conscience!

oh and we also lost 2-1 on aggregate to RB Leipzig in the Europa QFs.

Went ploughing through the off season last night. I was determined to trim the fat from the squad in terms of numbers and massively reduce the wage budget.

I've honestly no idea how so many of you managed to get such good money for many of your players - I was really struggling in that regard (hence some of my sale fees - see below). Also, Ozil is a loan with a mandatory sale at the end of the season

The good news though is I now have a spare £560k p/w in the wage budget as well as a younger, faster and better squad. Although, I am a little worried about homegrown quotas. 

The loan for Theo Hernandez wasn't part of some grand plan. I got sick of Kolasinac getting booked and sent off all the time so shipped him off (albeit quite cheaply).

Unfortunately, Tierney is already at Chelsea - so I agreed a deal for Grimaldo - but I didn't realise a couple of my signings didn't go through until the end of June so I didn't have the cash in the bank. The deal was then cancelled after my third request to delay for a week and now they won't deal anymore. Looks like he is off to Liverpool. 

A couple of targets still to deliver before the start of the season:

1) Back up English keeper. Trying to find a good youngster but struggling a little so far. Fall back is I can also get Rajkovic on loan. 

2) I would still like a top class winger/inside forward. As it stands, I have Chiesa and Marin with Iwobi as first back up which feels weak. My ideal is someone like Inaki Williams or Leon Bailey (absolute speed demons) but their prices are astronomical. Welcome any suggestions in that regard! Although, Pavon is already at Inter!

20190128232857_1.thumb.jpg.706e284c95192a7e4730851405723c04.jpg

Welcome any thoughts.

August 2021 - Beginning of the 4th season

Long time since I posted, here and here are updates from the third season.

Decided to extend Özil's contract one more year as I managed to get him down to 200k per week. In January his replacement will arrive, an 18 year old regen from Lyon - more on that later. Wanted a backup GK and a backup BPD, so I got in Angus Gunn (HG) and Marin Pongracic for good prices. Mkhitaryan left for 20m. I loaned Stefan Popovic (great regen who I posted in the 3rd season update) out as he is still unable to get work permit. I find it a testament to his ability that Real Madrid decided to bring him in, although on a rotation squad status. Transfer overview:

23534152_ScreenShot2019-01-29at16_11_17.thumb.png.1edf57adbe139ea9a9d488cecd0871e9.png

Gunn has no real weaknesses, is powerful in the box and happy to play in cups:

1774867729_ScreenShot2018-12-27at19_32_52.thumb.png.2b1295fe7209646363f5e48291cff897.png

Pongracic is a well rounded new school defender with amazing passing:

275503362_ScreenShot2018-12-28at13_19_26.thumb.png.1a862f192bf796dc36b21ddf343b03ca.png

This is my squad heading into the season - I've highlighted the players that I've brought in over the 4 seasons (not shown is Popovic, who is at Real). Lacazette is my main striker although he's on the bench in this photo, otherwise this is my preferred team and subs:

580437888_ScreenShot2019-01-29at16_17_52.thumb.png.9d86b04c7ad616b32152a766f1924f5c.png

Edited by Sysiphus

8 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Went ploughing through the off season last night. I was determined to trim the fat from the squad in terms of numbers and massively reduce the wage budget.

I've honestly no idea how so many of you managed to get such good money for many of your players - I was really struggling in that regard (hence some of my sale fees - see below). Also, Ozil is a loan with a mandatory sale at the end of the season

The good news though is I now have a spare £560k p/w in the wage budget as well as a younger, faster and better squad. Although, I am a little worried about homegrown quotas. 

The loan for Theo Hernandez wasn't part of some grand plan. I got sick of Kolasinac getting booked and sent off all the time so shipped him off (albeit quite cheaply).

Unfortunately, Tierney is already at Chelsea - so I agreed a deal for Grimaldo - but I didn't realise a couple of my signings didn't go through until the end of June so I didn't have the cash in the bank. The deal was then cancelled after my third request to delay for a week and now they won't deal anymore. Looks like he is off to Liverpool. 

A couple of targets still to deliver before the start of the season:

1) Back up English keeper. Trying to find a good youngster but struggling a little so far. Fall back is I can also get Rajkovic on loan. 

2) I would still like a top class winger/inside forward. As it stands, I have Chiesa and Marin with Iwobi as first back up which feels weak. My ideal is someone like Inaki Williams or Leon Bailey (absolute speed demons) but their prices are astronomical. Welcome any suggestions in that regard! Although, Pavon is already at Inter!

20190128232857_1.thumb.jpg.706e284c95192a7e4730851405723c04.jpg

Welcome any thoughts.

Towards end of second season and have just signed Bailey for £32.5mil after managing to upset him.  Perfect replacement for Pavon who is going to Real Madrid for £98mil. (picked Pavon up for £10.25mil)

Your transfer fees do seem very low to me but looks like your on the beta/old version as you managed to sign Paqueta.

Edited by Garygooner666

1 hour ago, Garygooner666 said:

Towards end of second season and have just signed Bailey for £32.5mil after managing to upset him.  Perfect replacement for Pavon who is going to Real Madrid for £98mil. (picked Pavon up for £10.25mil)

Your transfer fees do seem very low to me but looks like your on the beta/old version as you managed to sign Paqueta.

Funnily enough, this is a save I started on the beta but have only recently gone back to. Hopefully Paquetta will turn out to be a steal, I am loving his attributes.

Update on the winger - I think I am getting Sancho for £45mil (plus 20 in instalments over 3 years).

He's quick, English and skilled. Hopefully a good pick up.

I've also changed my tactics to a tiki taka possession domination. Which will hopefully work.

Edited by BrickCommo23

On 29/01/2019 at 17:26, Sysiphus said:

August 2021 - Beginning of the 4th season

Long time since I posted, here and here are updates from the third season.

Decided to extend Özil's contract one more year as I managed to get him down to 200k per week. In January his replacement will arrive, an 18 year old regen from Lyon - more on that later. Wanted a backup GK and a backup BPD, so I got in Angus Gunn (HG) and Marin Pongracic for good prices. Mkhitaryan left for 20m. I loaned Stefan Popovic (great regen who I posted in the 3rd season update) out as he is still unable to get work permit. I find it a testament to his ability that Real Madrid decided to bring him in, although on a rotation squad status. Transfer overview:

23534152_ScreenShot2019-01-29at16_11_17.thumb.png.1edf57adbe139ea9a9d488cecd0871e9.png

Gunn has no real weaknesses, is powerful in the box and happy to play in cups:

1774867729_ScreenShot2018-12-27at19_32_52.thumb.png.2b1295fe7209646363f5e48291cff897.png

Pongracic is a well rounded new school defender with amazing passing:

275503362_ScreenShot2018-12-28at13_19_26.thumb.png.1a862f192bf796dc36b21ddf343b03ca.png

This is my squad heading into the season - I've highlighted the players that I've brought in over the 4 seasons (not shown is Popovic, who is at Real). Lacazette is my main striker although he's on the bench in this photo, otherwise this is my preferred team and subs:

580437888_ScreenShot2019-01-29at16_17_52.thumb.png.9d86b04c7ad616b32152a766f1924f5c.png

Nice work mate. Not that many bought ins and you have really improved some players (Mavropanos, Smith-Rowe, Guendouzi).

16 hours ago, Yoeri said:

Nice work mate. Not that many bought ins and you have really improved some players (Mavropanos, Smith-Rowe, Guendouzi).

Thanks! Yes, that was the plan. Liked trying to keep the squad together as long as I could but I haven't really been winning much because of that, but it's very enjoyable. Smith Rowe and Guendouzi are obvious talents but Mavropanos has surprised me a lot - has become really solid. After this season I will be making some changes, Özil will be a few months away from 34 years of age so he'll not get a renewal next season. Aubameyang is also finishing up his contract and will be 33 so he'll leave as well as I'll be looking to bring in a striker/winger for him. Lacazette will be 31 and may need replacing soon.

hi all i've editedsome of the arsenal players to give them their max potential- all players in this file will have at least 150 pa

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hvpuhx5vagtsvk1/ARSENAL_PLAYERS_MAX_POTENTIAL.fmf/file

players edited

BEN SHEAF ,  XAVIER AMAECHI , TRAE COYLE ,  KARL JAKOB HEIN , SAM GREENWOOD , BUKAYO SAKA , KRYSTIAN BIELIK , JOE WILLOCK , TYREECE JOHN-JULES , JOEL LOPEZ , KONSTANTINOS MAVROPANOS , EMILE SMITH-ROWE , EDDIE NKETIAH

Edited by arsenalthebest

4 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Not going to be winning the league any time soon but phasing out the first teamers and giving as many opportunities as possible to the youth teamers has shown that there is a lot of talent there!  

F13087C9B1D9CF3954FD39CA9BC3836993AD35A4

This is without Smith-Rowe and Maitland-Niles who were injured.

This is what my goal for fm is each year! What season is this?

21/22 season.  A lot of them have been getting games right from the start but at the end of last season I got rid of Leno, Holding, Kolasinac, Torreira and Aubameyang to get to this stage.  Monreal, Welbeck, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Cech and Elneny all left in season 1 and the majority left season 2.  Sitting 7th after 12 games at the moment so it's not running that smoothly but I think it'll pick up.

Just wanted to share these two regens I have signed. 

The first arrives during January of season 2 (only cost £5.5m). The second is mega exciting (check out stats vice age!) but I'll need to wait another 12 months (amazingly, his minimum fee was only £7.5m!)

20190209170927_1.thumb.jpg.e952686e71a4774f1fe27c9e2cd16e23.jpg

20190208105225_1.thumb.jpg.6bba8a39c3f7fd5436064f9b9d828e53.jpg

Sadly due to a crash due to updating skins, my save got corrupted, so I've started again - a couple of people were asking about my tactics after I listed my first (now defunct) half season.

I've tweaked these a little and uploaded them below.

My main tactic is a tweak of my FM17 & FM18 tactics, with a slightly greater hint of Unai Emery's influence, which is almost what Emery was playing at the start of the season...Its what I think he would play if the likes of Mustafi and Kolo were as competent defensively in real life as they are in game!

The latter is a more possession based version of the tactics employed by Arsenal under George Graham in 1991 and Wenger in 1998. It still needs a bit more tweaking, but it allows 2 up top.

I've also attached my 4th EPL home game in my new game with my main tactic...my best ever win on FM by some distance, even if it was just Huddersfield.

You'll notice that on my new game I've bought Eden Hazard, and again recruited Assombalonga and Sissoko. Power and pace kids, power and pace! I wasn't intending to buy Hazard, but I gave my backroom more control this time, and Raul whacked in a bid for Hazard, which I tweaked to spread payments. Rather wonderfully, they wouldn't sell without signing a replacement first, and then decided Welbz was that replacement (and wouldn't discuss a renewal). So on deadline day, Hazard came in for £30m +£70m over 3 years, and Welbz left for £48 + £20m over 2 years! So I essentially paid £32m + signing on fees for Hazard and actually increased my short-term transfer budget!

Unai.fmf

Arsenal 90s.fmf

16-0.png

18 minutes ago, lomekian said:

Sadly due to a crash due to updating skins, my save got corrupted, so I've started again - a couple of people were asking about my tactics after I listed my first (now defunct) half season.

My main tactic is a tweak of my FM17 & FM18 tactics, with a slightly greater hint of Unai Emery's influence, which is almost what Emery was playing at the start of the season...Its what I think he would play if the likes of Mustafi and Kolo were as competent defensively in real life as they are in game!

The latter is a more possession based version of the tactics employed by Arsenal under George Graham in 1991 and Wenger in 1998. It still needs a bit more tweaking, but it allows 2 up top.

I've also attached my 4th EPL home game in my new game with my main tactic...my best ever win on FM by some distance, even if it was just Huddersfield.

You'll notice that on my new game I've bought Eden Hazard, and again recruited Assombalonga and Sissoko. Power and pace kids, power and pace! I wasn't intending to buy Hazard, but I gave my backroom more control this time, and Raul whacked in a bid for Hazard, which I tweaked to spread payments. Rather wonderfully, they wouldn't sell without signing a replacement first, and then decided Welbz was that replacement (and wouldn't discuss a renewal). So on deadline day, Hazard came in for £30m +£70m over 3 years, and Welbz left for £48 + £20m over 2 years! So I essentially paid £32m + signing on fees for Hazard and actually increased my short-term transfer budget!

Unai.fmf

Arsenal 90s.fmf

16-0.png

Amazing result. Quite keen to have a look at the tactic. Which one were you using?

Edited by BrickCommo23
Missed the explanation about Hazard

Hi all!

I am having a bit of a struggle choosing which of the following I want to replace Bernd Leno between the sticks, who's contract is up in 2 season time.

Colin Rae

Colin is a youth prospect who came from the youth academy in the first season.

Gc1lcNV.jpg

Luka Liavaja

Luka joined me my Arsenal team at the begining of the 2021/22 season.

KZZjpyd.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, lomekian said:

Unai.fmf

Arsenal 90s.fmf

16-0.png

I look forward to trying this out I’ll try and inform you of how it goes but I’ma pretty casual player  sometimes go 2-3 days without playing and usually don’t do more then 3-5 games in any one day

16 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

I look forward to trying this out I’ll try and inform you of how it goes but I’ma pretty casual player  sometimes go 2-3 days without playing and usually don’t do more then 3-5 games in any one day

Me too - work and all that!

27 minutes ago, arsenalthebest said:

results so far 6-0 , 6-1 , 2-0 , 7-0 in the last game we created  similar number of shots as in yours Vs Huddersfield but were not as clinical was that a freak result ?

Glad its working for you! Re Huddersfield, it has to have been a freak result! After all, Arsenal's record win since 1886 is 12-0 - I've never got beyond 10 before!

4 hours ago, lomekian said:

Glad its working for you! Re Huddersfield, it has to have been a freak result! After all, Arsenal's record win since 1886 is 12-0 - I've never got beyond 10 before!

nor have i think 9 is the most I've scored in a match(except when I've been messing around)  I just used the arsenal 90 tactic for the first time stuffed Atletico Madrid 6-1 at home

Edited by arsenalthebest

Won the league with 6 game to spare shame i cant bring back my on loan young players would have been nice to give them experience playing together

Not sure want to do with Ozil he been one of my best players this season - apps 27(6) , Gls 12 , Assts 15 Ave Rating 7.86 , PoM 5 however he's now 31 which means his value may start to go down i could keep him a few more years and hope my youth players develop enough to take over or sell him and get a replacement or take a gamble with the youth player/s from next season

Edited by arsenalthebest

1 hour ago, arsenalthebest said:

Won the league with 6 game to spare shame i cant bring back my on loan young players would have been nice to give them experience playing together

Not sure want to do with Ozil he been one of my best players this season - apps 27(6) , Gls 12 , Assts 15 Ave Rating 7.86 , PoM 5 however he's now 31 which means his value may start to go down i could keep him a few more years and hope my youth players develop enough to take over or sell him and get a replacement or take a gamble with the youth player/s from next season

I'm just about to start my 3rd season and have overhauled the squad a great deal.  Ozil is my starting Mezzala and playing very well its just he is getting to the point he will start to decline, is earning a stackload and is a "bad influence" in my training.

Have sold a number players with Leno (constant moaning) Sokratis Mkhitaryan Xhaka but was gutting losing Pavon to Real.  Did sign Pickford Lafont Upamacano and Bailey as replacements.

Current 1st team

Pickford   Lafont 

Tierney   Vagnonman

Upamecano   Holding

De ligt   Mustafi   Mavropanos

Bellerin   Ravenbaek (high regen)

Torreira   Tonali

Ozil   Maitland   Willock

Milinkovic-Savic   Ramsey   Guendouzi

Smith Rowe   Iwobi   Marin

Bailey   Nelson

Aubameyang   Lacazette   Moise Kean   Nketiah   Arp

Have signed around 10 regen wonderkids each year to date so u23 and u18s are currently loaded with talent.

Will probably be selling Mustafi and Ozil if teams come in for them with decent offers as out of contract end of this season and they want too much to renew.  Finding a top midfielder to replace Ozil is proving hard with many having already changed clubs, Asensio Arthur Paqueta are preferred choices.

Have a healthy overall balance of £552mil,  transfer funds of £252mil and 800k in wage bill remaining although I will need to offer a number of players new improved deals.

More of a luxury then needed but have had offer on £43mil for Sancho accepted.

Edited by Garygooner666

On 10/02/2019 at 23:31, arsenalthebest said:

nor have i think 9 is the most I've scored in a match(except when I've been messing around)  I just used the arsenal 90 tactic for the first time stuffed Atletico Madrid 6-1 at home

What's the Arsenal 90 tactic please mate?

On 11/02/2019 at 22:58, arsenalthebest said:

well Ozil want to leave for a new challenge so I'll be selling him 

Hi guys, I need some advice and I love to discuss this part of the game.

I got some of my players with an expering contract within two years. (for you guys i've changed the language to English and the valuta to British Pound, thank me later I am from RVP his country ;) 

dafe1acbe0e6d427a21c6c0413695878.png

The selected players are the one who I am talking about. 

Sokratis: my opinion is he's a very good defender maybe too good on FM, but in two years he is 33. Besides that, I got Matthijs De Ligt who is more capable on the ball, he is going to be my centre back near Skriniar. His pace is still good and I think I will give him a new contract, if he agrees with a lower wages.

https://gyazo.com/a97944a05a95e19bcea64a6e72cf28e4[/IMG]

Dat Guy Welbz: played very good in the first season with 12 goals en 4 assists in 38 (4) games, with an average of 7,01. This season he is more often and I don't think there is more room for him. He will always carry the fact that he is injury phrone and I feel like he is too expensive for an rotation player.

https://gyazo.com/25281a226adb3b0350185e41d8e34b2a

Bird Catcher Niles: deserves a new contract. Will get that asap. Potential starting eleven player. But wants more playing time, so he does not want to sign a new contract right now.

https://gyazo.com/71ee9fa4bd2155d6dcb7ca4aa5362ddb

Joe Willock: Altough he never playes in first team matches, except EFL Cup and FA Cup, we want him to sign a new contract. He has a lot to grow. 

https://gyazo.com/b418597e972d1c3983e08e103ec2153b

Eddie Nketiah: potential star! he surely needs a new contract as soon as possible. this man can be insane. 

https://gyazo.com/963d5c1362e2a808e05dcba607690dbb

Reiss Nelson: based on performance while being out on loan he does not deserve a new contract. But he's English and from our youth facility, so we'll give him time to improve.

https://gyazo.com/ee59dd4077d46a8be005a1e0cdfe2577

Aaron Ramsey: decent player, at the club for a while. nice personality. can stay if he agrees with not too high wages! 

https://gyazo.com/5596e90aca123c80fe9c3b2740cc157e

Rob Holding: I really love this guy in real life, but in FM he's kinda underrated I think. I think he's goin too stay, otherwise I have to look for another centre back. I also got Mavropanos, who I rate higher in potential.

https://gyazo.com/c30d35d4cce3cf57cb5dd5683f5c43bd

Laca: my main men when I sold Auba. He is good, currently doing well with 21 goals in 31 games, but those are 6 penals. It is not that I can't get an better striker. Really thinking about selling him, I can make place for Nketiah and sign a ELITE striker like Icardi or Dybala.

https://gyazo.com/52a3bb8fa8a33ebc6083ccca26b76a37

Mesut Özil: he is really really good. Almost never let me down. Deserves a new contract. Previous season as central midfielder (new role and more): 48 (1) games - 6 goals and 10 assists with an average 7,04. Now he is even better. Look at the screenshot!

https://gyazo.com/b53f74a2169e2bd183e2402b20acd5f6

The Tank: Sead is not great, but not that bad too last season with just 1 assist (well okay, he was injured a long time but not that long). But this season he's conquering English grounds! He's a beast, Guerreiro is currently sitting on the bench due Sead's form.

https://gyazo.com/38fe36df48ecadac32ac36ce9612e59f

Now, what should you guys do? :D 

18 hours ago, Yoeri said:

Hi guys, I need some advice and I love to discuss this part of the game.

I got some of my players with an expering contract within two years. (for you guys i've changed the language to English and the valuta to British Pound, thank me later I am from RVP his country ;) 

dafe1acbe0e6d427a21c6c0413695878.png

The selected players are the one who I am talking about. 

Sokratis: my opinion is he's a very good defender maybe too good on FM, but in two years he is 33. Besides that, I got Matthijs De Ligt who is more capable on the ball, he is going to be my centre back near Skriniar. His pace is still good and I think I will give him a new contract, if he agrees with a lower wages.

https://gyazo.com/a97944a05a95e19bcea64a6e72cf28e4[/IMG]

Dat Guy Welbz: played very good in the first season with 12 goals en 4 assists in 38 (4) games, with an average of 7,01. This season he is more often and I don't think there is more room for him. He will always carry the fact that he is injury phrone and I feel like he is too expensive for an rotation player.

https://gyazo.com/25281a226adb3b0350185e41d8e34b2a

Bird Catcher Niles: deserves a new contract. Will get that asap. Potential starting eleven player. But wants more playing time, so he does not want to sign a new contract right now.

https://gyazo.com/71ee9fa4bd2155d6dcb7ca4aa5362ddb

Joe Willock: Altough he never playes in first team matches, except EFL Cup and FA Cup, we want him to sign a new contract. He has a lot to grow. 

https://gyazo.com/b418597e972d1c3983e08e103ec2153b

Eddie Nketiah: potential star! he surely needs a new contract as soon as possible. this man can be insane. 

https://gyazo.com/963d5c1362e2a808e05dcba607690dbb

Reiss Nelson: based on performance while being out on loan he does not deserve a new contract. But he's English and from our youth facility, so we'll give him time to improve.

https://gyazo.com/ee59dd4077d46a8be005a1e0cdfe2577

Aaron Ramsey: decent player, at the club for a while. nice personality. can stay if he agrees with not too high wages! 

https://gyazo.com/5596e90aca123c80fe9c3b2740cc157e

Rob Holding: I really love this guy in real life, but in FM he's kinda underrated I think. I think he's goin too stay, otherwise I have to look for another centre back. I also got Mavropanos, who I rate higher in potential.

https://gyazo.com/c30d35d4cce3cf57cb5dd5683f5c43bd

Laca: my main men when I sold Auba. He is good, currently doing well with 21 goals in 31 games, but those are 6 penals. It is not that I can't get an better striker. Really thinking about selling him, I can make place for Nketiah and sign a ELITE striker like Icardi or Dybala.

https://gyazo.com/52a3bb8fa8a33ebc6083ccca26b76a37

Mesut Özil: he is really really good. Almost never let me down. Deserves a new contract. Previous season as central midfielder (new role and more): 48 (1) games - 6 goals and 10 assists with an average 7,04. Now he is even better. Look at the screenshot!

https://gyazo.com/b53f74a2169e2bd183e2402b20acd5f6

The Tank: Sead is not great, but not that bad too last season with just 1 assist (well okay, he was injured a long time but not that long). But this season he's conquering English grounds! He's a beast, Guerreiro is currently sitting on the bench due Sead's form.

https://gyazo.com/38fe36df48ecadac32ac36ce9612e59f

Now, what should you guys do? :D 

I would renew all of them except Welbeck and maybe one of Holding and Sokratis. Personally I'd probably keep renew Holding and keep Sokratis for one season without renewing, then sell him off.

At all costs you should be renewing AMN, Nketiah, Nelson and Willock - at least to protect their value. The situation of the others depends a lot on the rest of your squad and what you're thinking of doing with it.

JDuly 2020 report

Players Future: I plan to give Lacazette , Ramsey & Sokraits 1-2(maybe even 3 but unlikely) more seasons  by which time I hope to replace them with Nketiah ,  Joao Felix & Corbo, I plan to loan or sell Kudus & Konate and will loan John-Jules & Amad Diallo Traore , & Alex Blesa as well as promising academy players Jonathan Umar , Danny Lake & Simon Kelly 

TRANSFERS

IN:  Dario Benedetto £9.5m , Mario Rui £10.5m , Juan Mata £11.5m , Alphonso Davies(P/Ex)

OUT: Ainsley Maitland-Niles 32.5m , Mohammed Elneny 23.5m , Mesut Ozil £55m(P/EX)

Arsenal 3.jpg

697307786_Arsenal5.thumb.jpg.e01c265b6905b4d06b47ed57b5daddd1.jpg

Arsenal 5.jpg

Arsenal 4.jpg

Arsenal 6.jpg

Arsenal 7.jpg

Edited by arsenalthebest

Had to share this quickly.

Coming to the end of the second season, next game is home to Spurs - a North London derby in April between first and second:

20190220221140_1.thumb.jpg.0c567ce498737acac5ac155cd82e7a6c.jpg

And this is how the game ended....

20190220221915_1.thumb.jpg.5663aff3e0cd65780a1ca1cf36ea147e.jpg

Update: Spurs lost their next game to bottom of the table Newcastle. They're broken. 

Edited by BrickCommo23

6 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Coming to the end of the second season, next game is home to Spurs - a North London derby in April between first and second:

Update: Spurs lost their next game to bottom of the table Newcastle. They're broken. 

Nice what tactic did you use?

On 21/02/2019 at 09:07, BrickCommo23 said:

Looking at your squad positions, are you using my tactic? ;-)

8 hours ago, lomekian said:

Looking at your squad positions, are you using my tactic? ;-)

How’s it going on your save? I’ve used yours a quite a lot it’s worked pretty well though After the first few matches wasn’t getting as many goals and tbh honest those results were against the lower Bottom half teams don’t think I really trashed a big team with your tactic I’d have to check. Each save is different so I guess it’s a Number of reasons it seems like it hasn’t worked as well for me as it has for you