FM 19 Beowulf and MM Volante 4222 42211 Knap

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, knap said:

If you let me know what tactics you want to use, and how the Beta version is working I will try to prioritise these for testing.

I have to admit I haven't actually dared to download the update yet, because I'm currently 2nd with Newcastle in January and hoping to win the league, or at least get Champions League next year. I think I will play out the season then update the game. But it would be nice if you could test the Volante anchor tactic and see if it still works. Cheers 

Suggested best attacking corners routine would be useful.

Most tactics will require fine tuning but the following appear to be working

Volante 4222

Beowulf 424 (need to be top team)

2 hours ago, knap said:

Suggested best attacking corners routine would be useful.

Most tactics will require fine tuning but the following appear to be working

Volante 4222

Beowulf 424 (need to be top team)

This setup made by TTF has been the best for me so far. (I use one of the strikers on "stay back if needed" as corner taker)

att.corner.png

On 01.11.2018 at 02:43, White Europe said:

not a bad idea, tested only for 10 games so far though

20181031234002_1.jpg

20181031234033_1.jpg

FM19Volante451ANCHOR.fmf

21 saat önce, knap said:

Tested with MU no OIs Training AM

FM19.1VolanteANCHOR433IFKnapWEP99ALLCUPS.fmf

1966158921_Screenshot(676).thumb.png.902b3b2b7cf306cf8267e4a7f14715f2.png1691508430_Screenshot(675).thumb.png.225c1818b11216d9dd473cb8e7924417.png73355746_Screenshot(674).thumb.png.783bda3f1e2a214f2d2755bea1df0997.png1048755874_Screenshot(673).thumb.png.208484a376df053052373394b68e9622.pngSpurs using 2 DMs

thank you all. nice to see an idea works well. maybe it can be a time-wasting tactic with control or balanced mentality for who plays with 4321 wide formation.

Knap, I am playing with mentalities with VOLANTE ANCHOR with underdog team.

Playing as underdog away against top team in Slovenia; Maribor vs. Triglav

As I am still testing, I played the same game with attacking and cautious mentality.

The game with attacking mentality I lost 3:1, with cautious I won 1:6. I find that weird.

In FM18 I played always on attacking mentality (home and away), because any change in dropping mentality would "invite" opposition to get back into the game (they would start attacking like crazy), but with no major effect in my defensive stability. 

What do you think about different mentalities in FM19?

Maribor v Triglav_ Match Review.png

They were always there to be used, and in theory as an underdog you would go to defend or counter. FM 16 &  17 most tactics used counter which made most other mentalities redundant. FM 18 was mostly about attacking mentality but counter did work.

FM 19 appears to be the same as cautious is the counter mentality. Must admit I have not tried other mentalities but does perhaps give the opportunity to use at least home and away tactics and even strategy tactics.

In my case i find cautious mentality effective home and away against better and weaker teams.

I am on 12 games unbeaten run in the league, and then in the cup this happens: still don't know what to do in those cases which happen quite often (picture: goals, shots, woodwork, clear cut ch.; I am Triglav); need some overload high scoring tactic that puts 5-6 men in the box to be used for short period of time during the game.

Rudar Velenje v Triglav_ Stats Match Stats.png

32 minutes ago, knap said:

They were always there to be used, and in theory as an underdog you would go to defend or counter. FM 16 &  17 most tactics used counter which made most other mentalities redundant. FM 18 was mostly about attacking mentality but counter did work.

FM 19 appears to be the same as cautious is the counter mentality. Must admit I have not tried other mentalities but does perhaps give the opportunity to use at least home and away tactics and even strategy tactics.

I've been playing around with a few tactics on cautious (Pilgrimage 451 at the moment) and in test have found that you seem to get more possession and concede fewer goals, especially late on in matches and are more clinical when it comes to SOT %.

Truth be told I can't see much of a difference in the playing style in the highlights either (except maybe my team suffers less interceptions on cautious). 

I think cautious could be good this year (as counter was in FM17) with the right roles & style.

17 minutes ago, Chief Scout said:

In my case i find cautious mentality effective home and away against better and weaker teams.

I am on 12 games unbeaten run in the league, and then in the cup this happens: still don't know what to do in those cases which happen quite often (picture: goals, shots, woodwork, clear cut ch.; I am Triglav); need some overload high scoring tactic that puts 5-6 men in the box to be used for short period of time during the game.

Did you try to change the mentallty to attack in the last 10-15 minutes?

11 minutes ago, Driver7 said:

Did you try to change the mentallty to attack in the last 10-15 minutes?

I changed to attacking mentality at half time, as they scored already in 3rd min. Had lots of shots, clear cut chances, woodworks, no effect. They parked the bus which their 1 shot one goal proves.

Need 2 option tactics: "full overload tactic" - i'll try knap's BEOWULF 424 or "lure them out" tactic.

4 minutes ago, Chief Scout said:

I changed to attacking mentality at half time, as they scored already in 3rd min. Had lots of shots, clear cut chances, woodworks, no effect. They parked the bus which their 1 shot one goal proves.

Need 2 option tactics: "full overload tactic" - i'll try knap's BEOWULF 424 or "lure them out" tactic.

Maybe you just got FM'd. Did it happen again? I'm going to start a save in league 1 using 4222 volante anchor with cautious mentality and see how it goes.

16 minutes ago, Chief Scout said:

Knap, I came across some threads that found strikerless tactic (3430) very effective for underdog teams.

I still remember your best underdog GOODBYE 3430 tactic from FM17 with (counter) cautious mentality and was wondering how it would perform in FM19.

...or JOURNEYMAN 3421, which was best away tactic.

Not convinced that 3 AMs or Fwds will work as they look very "clumpy" and get in each others way,  The AI also appear to be using as many DMs as possible.

I'm testing Beowulf on full game so slower than my FMT testing.

Playing Triglav, Slovenian underdog team (prediction 10th / out of 10 clubs).

After 10 games in which I toyed with different  (not Knap's) tactics unsuccessfully I was bottom table 10th: 2W / 1D / 7L.

Then I switched and toy with Knap's tactics an permanently switched to ANCHOR VOLANTE 4222 and in the last 10 games to cautious mentality (switched to attacking if needed a goal)

After 31 games (5 games till the end of the season) I managed to reach top -  1st in the league: 18W / 4D / 9L.

...which again proves, that Knap's ANCHOR VOLANTE is the best underdog tactic.

And look at the role familiarity of the WM - not at all green.

League table- picture below.

Slovenian First League_ Overview Stages.png

NK Triglav Kranj_  Overview.png

2 minutes ago, knap said:

Not convinced that 3 AMs or Fwds will work as they look very "clumpy" and get in each others way,  The AI also appear to be using as many DMs as possible.

I'm testing Beowulf on full game so slower than my FMT testing.

I don't know about 3 SSs who roam from position, but yes, you are right about 3Fwds, which on the other hand makes IFs more effective than last year, I guess.

End of the 1. season, playing bottom of the table underdog Triglav

Won the league, 8 points clear, despite bad start experimenting tactics (not Knap's); first 10 games: 2W / 1D / 7L

Knap's VOLANTE ANCHOR 4222 brought me back in the game, last third of the season played cautious mentality (attacking when need goal)

Final: 23W / 4D / 9L

Won last 13 league games in a row

Unbeaten last 20 league games

Slovenian First League_ Overview Stages-2.png

NK Triglav Kranj_  Senior Fixtures.png

J8iV6ed.png

So far so good. It's FMT but I play every game.

10 goals came from corners, so I'd suggest you invest in someone that is good at crossing, my left back has 10 assists and 2 goals in 10 games.

I keep the mentality at cautious, but everytime I feel like we are the better team but we can't score after 70' I change the mentality to attack, it works really well.

Thanks Knap for sharing the tactics, I'll keep updating.

Using FMT, did quite a lot of seasons on holiday (which i know obviously does not give a full picture of the way tactic plays) with Bristol City (predicted 14th).

Original tactic does quite well most of the time, finishing between 1-5th place (with it i played a lot of seasons like that)

Did some tweaking, never worked, was always worse.

So at the end decided to go with only trying different mentalities and going with every of it for 2 seasons.

Would rank it like this:
1. Balanced (Both good results home and away, winning the league with a margin of 6-9 points)

2. Positive (Very good record at home, and mediocre away, conceding quite a lot, won league once, once 2nd)

3. Attacking (Very good at home, quite bad playing away)

4. Cautious (Struggling at home, especially against worse teams, doing quite well away, but still not much better than balanced approach, made it to playoffs both times)

So seems like it makes sense to use 2 and 3 at home, sometimes 1 against stronger teams. And using 1 and 4 away.

If you are as lazy as me and just never want to change anything and play on IR, balanced seems like the best option.

Archived