Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

On 04/01/2023 at 14:31, Majick said:

Next up is Man City, so probably nothing from that... but we're in 14th with a 14 point gap over Norwich in 18th, and we only need 2 points from our last 5 matches to be absolutely certain of safety. That's more than enough to build a platform for doing even better next season. Mid-table, here we come (hopefully!)

Still using ME23.1BEOWULFKnap424IFVOLHDMUP102EC and I'm pleased to say that, not only did we survive comfortably, we've started the following season on a flyer. After 21 matches we're in 3rd place on 41 points compared to 16th with 44 at the end of last season. Partly that's down to better players (we signed a better DM and GK in the summer window + improving depth at ST and AML, after bringing in better defenders in January) but also having this tactic in play the whole season long means that we've scored big wins over weaker sides and haven't been outclassed against anyone bar Liverpool - and they have 60 points from 22 matches so they're outclassing almost everyone this season.

Data analysis confirms that this tactic is great for getting the ball in close to the opposition goal - either crosses/passes to the edge of the 6 yard box for a forward to finish off, or fast balls forward from the DMs/FBs to break the defensive line and send the strikers clear on goal, with about 30% of our assists coming from through balls. My 3 strikers have 29 in 62 appearances between them - not exactly Haaland figures, but there's another 24 goals from the rest of the team, including 8 goals from the wingers with them also often getting in on the act of poaching goals from close in. We're averaging 2.1 goals per game - 0.76 higher than the league average, and that gives us the second best attack in the league (Liverpool have 60 goals to our 44 and Arsenal's 43).

Having been unexpectedly promoted in season 1 thanks to one your tactics, knap, I now might unexpectedly be in Europe in season 4. I don't think I quite have the squad depth to sustain a CL push, but with United, Chelsea and Newcastle all between 8th and 11th there are spaces open and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we might be facing continental opposition next season. Quite how the board will react given that that I was given a three year target to finish midtable, I can only imagine!

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Majick said:

Still using ME23.1BEOWULFKnap424IFVOLHDMUP102EC and I'm pleased to say that, not only did we survive comfortably, we've started the following season on a flyer. After 21 matches we're in 3rd place on 41 points compared to 16th with 44 at the end of last season. Partly that's down to better players (we signed a better DM and GK in the summer window + improving depth at ST and AML, after bringing in better defenders in January) but also having this tactic in play the whole season long means that we've scored big wins over weaker sides and haven't been outclassed against anyone bar Liverpool - and they have 60 points from 22 matches so they're outclassing almost everyone this season.

Data analysis confirms that this tactic is great for getting the ball in close to the opposition goal - either crosses/passes to the edge of the 6 yard box for a forward to finish off, or fast balls forward from the DMs/FBs to break the defensive line and send the strikers clear on goal, with about 30% of our assists coming from through balls. My 3 strikers have 29 in 62 appearances between them - not exactly Haaland figures, but there's another 24 goals from the rest of the team, including 8 goals from the wingers with them also often getting in on the act of poaching goals from close in. We're averaging 2.1 goals per game - 0.76 higher than the league average, and that gives us the second best attack in the league (Liverpool have 60 goals to our 44 and Arsenal's 43).

Having been unexpectedly promoted in season 1 thanks to one your tactics, knap, I now might unexpectedly be in Europe in season 4. I don't think I quite have the squad depth to sustain a CL push, but with United, Chelsea and Newcastle all between 8th and 11th there are spaces open and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we might be facing continental opposition next season. Quite how the board will react given that that I was given a three year target to finish midtable, I can only imagine!

It's ridiculous. I did this in my Spurs save SIM'd which I was getting bored of:

d7eee6bf1bed34b4e680222380a20084.png

11 hours ago, knap said:

@DarkXess

3 strikers flat midfield 451, maybe post a screenie

Yup sorry, like the one attached. :) 

Ooo I just noticed you do have one, the Kashmir 4-3-3 but no other 4-3-3's tactics? Also the higher the ME like this one (ME 23.1) for example is the better one to choose?

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by DarkXess

On 11/11/2022 at 22:42, knap said:

ME 23.0.0.0

HOLY GHOST FIRE 451 IF P103 ALL CUPS

ME23.0..0.0HOLYGHOSTFIREKnap451FP103ALLCUPS.fmf 46.69 kB · 1,470 downloads

Screenshot_20221112_044855.thumb.png.c55b5662f109c6f61f490e99ac391aaf.pngScreenshot_20221112_044911.thumb.png.fb8d696f3c9b560473f3fb527a4421b9.png

Is anyone still using this with any sort of success?  I can see it was posted quite a few updates ago but I really want to find a 451 I can use.

@knap Have you looked at updating the ME22.4KASHMIRKnap451AFMUP102FA for FM23?  It was by far my favourite in FM22

ME22.4KASHMIRKnap451AFMUP102FA.fmf

Edited by Sith Lord

3 hours ago, udubrdx said:

None of these are working for me unfortunately, they just seem to be too unreliable. Will get 4-5 wins in a row agaisnt similar strenght teams, then lose next 4 against much weaker teams...

None single tactic will guarantee 100% success. You will to upgrade skills in micro-manage things inside the squad, team, training, media handling, speaking to players etc.

On 07/01/2023 at 18:24, DarkXess said:

It is this one (Si Forums) your post. Also it seems to be better now using (Stay On Feet), it could have just been luck as you said too. 15 games in, 13 won 2 draws and no losses, thank you :)

While I am here, do you happen to have a 4-3-3 tactic for Ajax please? 

@LVercettiSorry mate, removed what? :idiot:

Get stuck in and tackle harder. I always remove get stuck in. Dont need it when playing. Just tell the player to ease off if they get booked. 

@knap

the number of times I conceed 2 goals on the last 10/15 minutes is ridiculous ... it happens often completely smashing the oposition 20/30 shots to 1 or 2 wining by one but mostly by 2 or 3 and then all of the sudden and nothing to predict it the oposition scores twice almost in a row, sometimes drawing and I cannot score the winner other giving me an increase heart ratio for the last seconds of the match ....

do you advice when wining to decrease mentality from attacking to balance to manage the last 15 minutes of a game?

i have done that but still getting a 2-0 lead transforming in a 2-2 draw with 20/30 to 4/5 shots

Edited by ricrpor

1 hour ago, ricrpor said:

@knap

the number of times I conceed 2 goals on the last 10/15 minutes is ridiculous ... it happens often completely smashing the oposition 20/30 shots to 1 or 2 wining by one but mostly by 2 or 3 and then all of the sudden and nothing to predict it the oposition scores twice almost in a row, sometimes drawing and I cannot score the winner other giving me an increase heart ratio for the last seconds of the match ....

do you advice when wining to decrease mentality from attacking to balance to manage the last 15 minutes of a game?

i have done that but still getting a 2-0 lead transforming in a 2-2 draw with 20/30 to 4/5 shots

Same.  I am not at a particularly high level but still my defending, especially late on, it abysmal.  I have tried to drop the defensive line, changed mentality, made individual player roles more defensive...nothing

The particular low point currently is how often my centre backs are actually controlling a long ball from the opposition and letting that go straight to their forward so he can score from a one on one! 

On 07/01/2023 at 22:03, Majick said:

Turns out I did, in fact, have the squad depth: Sticking with ME23.1BEOWULFKnap424IFVOLHDMUP102EC and come season's end we finished 2nd in the Premier League! And that's with a side predicted to finish midtable in the Championship 3 seasons ago, with a net spend since then of less than 50 million pounds, and still starting some decidedly ropey players! My budget for the upcoming window is 70 million pounds - although how I'm supposed to improve on my team when a bogstandard defender like Marc Guehi costs 48 million is something that's going to take a lot of scouting...

My last post was after the last match of 2024, a 2-2 draw with Chelsea where they equalised in stoppage time. We drew our next two as well and lost the following match for a run of 4 without a win, but after that our form improved again with just 2 losses (away at Man United where we came back from 3-0 down to 3-2, and at home to runaway champions Liverpool where we had a player sent off at 2-0 and still pulled it back to 2-1). We didn't exactly dominate teams, but did record 9 wins with a winning margin of 3 or more goals. Of our 7 defeats, only 2 (champions Liverpool and 4th placed Arsenal, both away) were by more than a single goal. What we did tend to be was clinical, hitting at or above our xG in most matches. One of my best players being up front helped there (21 goals/8 assists in 41 matches) but the other two strikers had 13/2 in 33 and 18/6 in 38 and they're both Championship level players, according to the coach reports.

For context, my coach reports for my squad are as follows: Good/Decent Premier League player - 5/2; Leading/Good/Decent Championship player - 2/8/3; Good/Decent League One player - 2/2; Leading League Two player - 1

70 million won't turn all those sub-PL players into Champions League players... but with a few of the weakest players being out of contract this summer and Real Madrid tracking an expendable midfielder who might add 30 million to the coffers, we might just be in a position to pick up some points in the CL next season.

One note that I know has been discussed on here is the rate at which players pick up bookings. This seems to be a match engine issue which SI are looking into, without very much likelihood of resolution. My team had the top 3 spots for most yellow cards (20, 14, 13) across the season, plus another 3 players on 10 each. Small wonder, then, that we had 139 yellows in total - Wolves were second with just 86. But we only got 2 red cards all season, less than 8 other teams. With 793 fouls we were more than 100 ahead of West Brom in second, who had the most red cards (9) but only 77 yellows. Our tackle success rate was 72%, in line with the 70-78% range of the league as a whole, and our total of 859 tackles was second in the league overall to Brentford - who had the best success %age and 2nd fewest yellow cards. Perhaps I just need to sign/train better defenders so their tackles are cleaner! I did try adding the 'stay on feet' instruction for a couple of matches, but we still attracted multiple yellows and it coincided with the 4 match winless run so I dropped it. Perhaps if I do bring in a couple of better defenders I'll consider trying it again.

23 horas atrás, knap disse:

@ricrpor

Using control tactics is a first step

can you specify ?

6 games in a row wining by 2 with Arsenal and conceded twice on the last 15 minutes and I done everything .... even ultra defensive ! nothing works... super broken me if you ask me