Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kayowas

Can certainly try lower mentalities.. In a match you can try many tweaks even changing tactics. I seldom change as I am testing but dropping LOE can work at end of game.

1 hour ago, knap said:

@Kayowas

Can certainly try lower mentalities.. In a match you can try many tweaks even changing tactics. I seldom change as I am testing but dropping LOE can work at end of game.

just beat liverpool away using a mixture of balanced and cautious...thanks for the advice!:)

3 minutes ago, knap said:

@Dirty_ACE

I am just changing DL. West Ham does well when much higher Newcastle just higher.

May need to see what is best with Villa

Bournemouth did well with MHD

Screenshot2023-05-05220710.png.296b52b667b55382040532ae8ccc06fa.png

Sorry, but can you clarify some things a bit?

Do you mean you just adjust the defensive line on the 4-2-3-1?

What does MHD mean?

Could I request a version of Beowulf 4-4-2dm All Cups with one of the defensive midfielders pushed up into the CM position? Does something similar exist? Or is this something I could do myself without it effecting the tactic too much?

Just started using this tactic against bigger teams (Chelsea, Man City etc) after losing 3 cup finals in a row with Newcastle (2 against Chelsea, Havertz is so overpowered, and 1 against Man United).
Only one of my 5 midfielders is suited to DM (Bruno G). And he always needs to come off after an hour because he’s run out of steam.

No dramas if not, the tactics surprised me with how good it is anyway to be honest. These are my last 2 games:3D77274D-C25E-454C-83DB-6F3DAD47560E.thumb.jpeg.7332ae50c9236b08870e2112729de6fa.jpeg861A1181-9F96-4E1C-8FB7-15E903069068.thumb.jpeg.915730320e9bdc7931aa92f46aa87005.jpeg

1 hour ago, knap said:

@kandersson

Bournemouth test

Screenshot2023-05-06171130.png.8c67109739d5dee06dae6c896a910dfc.png

This tactic won me championships at any level in 5-6 different countries. I tried it for the playing style but kept it for the results :D. Easily my favorite tactic this year

3 hours ago, kandersson said:

This tactic won me championships at any level in 5-6 different countries. I tried it for the playing style but kept it for the results :D. Easily my favorite tactic this year

How is it defensively when the team settles? I'm doing ok with a newly promoted Blackburn side, but I've just lost 8-1 to Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Glassy said:

How is it defensively when the team settles? I'm doing ok with a newly promoted Blackburn side, but I've just lost 8-1 to Liverpool.

Should get better as you improve quality of your team and reputation. EPL as a newly promoted side is tough esp against top clubs. As a newly promoted side in Brazil I managed to stay under 1 goal conceded per game though I guess facing Gabigol and Pedro is not the same as facing Haaland and Salah.

As previously suggested pace and acceleration are very important for DCR/L and AMR/L postitions as those players cover a lot of ground on the flanks, closing down opponents and tracking back. DCR/L should also be competent on the ball as they dribble a lot and build from back so limited defenders might often lose possession and cause counter attacks. I'm not familiar with Blackburn squad though I'd suggest to add quick ball-playing defenders and pacy wingers asap

Edited by kandersson

28 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Should get better as you improve quality of your team and reputation. EPL as a newly promoted side is tough esp against top clubs. As a newly promoted side in Brazil I managed to stay under 1 goal conceded per game though I guess facing Gabigol and Pedro is not the same as facing Haaland and Salah.

As previously suggested pace and acceleration are very important for DCR/L and AMR/L postitions as those players cover a lot of ground on the flanks, closing down opponents and tracking back. DCR/L should also be competent on the ball as they dribble a lot and build from back so limited defenders might often lose possession and cause counter attacks. I'm not familiar with Blackburn squad though I'd suggest to add quick ball-playing defenders and pacy wingers asap

Safe to say things have improved since the 8-1 loss to Liverpool!!!

84e75714724c52af4f743ca05d2243b3.png

1d5d42495bcc6d74a01d5a6df6a86be7.png

f9fdcb134e724f9a456de56bce5931df.png

@Glassy heavy losses early in the season probably also due to many new signings and poor team cohesion. First season in EPL you'll probably struggle to keep clean sheets though your scoring form is already impressive. Long term I'd think moving Arda to AMCL to form an excellent pair with Baturina as he lacks ideal pace at AML. Lucca also not the fastest striker though he bangs them in at any level - I recommend using him as main target for corner kicks for a nice boost :D

Edited by kandersson

9 minutes ago, kandersson said:

@Glassy heavy losses early in the season probably also due to many new signings and poor team cohesion. First season in EPL you'll probably struggle to keep clean sheets though your scoring form is already impressive. Long term I'd think moving Arda to AMCL to form an excellent pair with Baturina as he lacks ideal pace at AML. Lucca also not the fastest striker though he bangs them in at any level - I recommend using him as main target for corner kicks for a nice boost :D

Baturina will go with his £30m release clause so I'll push Arda into his position and Angelo out left. Lucca cost £2.5m so was an opportunity I couldn't miss. Once we get some money I'll go for Toney. I've just beaten Newcastle and Manu. Crazy stuff!

0dae55ad176bd33fd88c59deda3996df.png

19 minutes ago, Glassy said:

Baturina will go with his £30m release clause so I'll push Arda into his position and Angelo out left. Lucca cost £2.5m so was an opportunity I couldn't miss. Once we get some money I'll go for Toney. I've just beaten Newcastle and Manu. Crazy stuff!

0dae55ad176bd33fd88c59deda3996df.png

Excellent season so far! It's a very effective tactic with the right players plus it plays some great looking football. A fast striker who's also good in the air will score tons of goals thanks to variety of chances created (through balls, crosses, counter attacks). Testing this in Greece with AEK (predicted 2nd, good squad for this standard) and this guy Levi Garcia is unstoppable as a striker

StoiximanSuperLeague_Stages.thumb.png.b9ebd29f8409d1b62b42179d2638d31e.png

LeviGarcia_Profile.thumb.png.a58103b8fb6bb17de39b8a1d233b08aa.png

В 23.04.2023 в 09:52, vdmsmrcv сказал:

It would be great to see such a formation. There is a defensive midfielder as well as three people in attack. There should be potential for good results.

Снимок экрана 2023-04-23 095040.png

@knap Would you mind to try this formation?

10 hours ago, kandersson said:

Should AMR be right footed and AML left footed?

2 hours ago, monsalai said:

Should AMR be right footed and AML left footed?

Unlike real life Pep I prefer right on right and left on left as wingers are main source of attacking width though I've had success with a right footed AML + left footed SS/AMCL moving into channels

@caesare

That combo generally works, maybe vol vol is better for top teams and DM a little more defensive. Tweaking in match  between double pivot pairs may be worthwhile to go more attacking/defensive