Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

@stevetemp

I noticed in Spurs thread that Kwark made 109pts using I believe KASHMIR 433. There probably were transfers involved but should be attainable, as can win PL with Arsenal starting squad with 98pts.

The OP has ideas on being more defensive, has a guide on man marking and a mentality matters guide.

You are at a big disadvantage playing  Top 4 Away.. In general a 4141 formation should be a good option but I would try the 451 HB tactic.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, knap said:

@stevetemp

I noticed in Spurs thread that Kwark made 109pts using I believe KASHMIR 433. There probably were transfers involved but should be attainable, as can win PL with Arsenal starting squad with 98pts.

The OP has ideas on being more defensive, has a guide on man marking and a mentality matters guide.

You are at a big disadvantage playing  Top 4 Away.. In general a 4141 formation should be a good option but I would try the 451 HB tactic.

@stevetemp This is always the case, I am playing as Man Utd, crushing it all and away to Man City in UCL quarter final I got stomped 4-1 using 4231 with Positive mentality. 

Yes I rage quit, yes I tried it again and lost again, rage quit again. Changed to 451 balanced and other tweaks and won 2-0.

There is also a lot of variance as well, sometimes you concede or score early.

One big piece of advice is you need to remove hard tackling and check your players - Knaps tactics have hard tackling and aggressive players WILL get red cards.

On 23/11/2021 at 12:53, knap said:

@Charles.F

Not running any underdog tests atm. The Villa test are the best guide and 3 atb are near the top.

Hi Knap,

Where can I find these Villa tests?

Also any ideas for being up against the big sides? I am using 4222 Sicilian Vol 3 22.2 

I lose to Manu, Liverpool, City, Chelsea 5-6- Nil getting pretty smashed works a charm against everyone else though.

@knap do you you think Paris VOL 4231 is a viable tactic against top teams even though it is very offensive? 

I'm playing as barca, end of second season, playing mostly with kids + mbappe, league and cup already in the bag using your ramble tactic. But I kind of like the setup in the Paris VOL tactic and I would like to try it out plus my inverted wingers get mostly bad ratings in the ramble tactic. 

6 hours ago, FM Artisan said:

Apologies if this has been covered already but it's not in the first post and it's hard to scroll through 486 pages...

Why are all the tests run with Liverpool? What about underdogs or lower league clubs?

You want to bring the best out of a tactic sp of course you needs a good squad. It is your job to test a tactic of your choice with underdog.

Anyway my quick tip for underdogs are 3 at back.

Maybe there is no such thing anymore as a good overall tactic which would suit underdog, mid-teams, sub-top and top-class teams, but @knap, do you have some tactics that you know of worked well with several teams on different level this year? 

Thanks!

I do tactics testing, use both fmrte and various excel spreadsheets, test tactics several times and enter the results. According to my tests, the top knap tactics definitely include 22BETABEOWULF442WAFKnapVAP99ECFA. Here are the results with the top team, Sampdoria is a middling (1st place in the preview of the season) and Groiter is an outsider (last place in the preview of the season). Use it for any commands and enjoy the result

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

22BETABEOWULF442WAFKnapVAP99ECFA.fmf

1 hour ago, pilmalm said:

Maybe there is no such thing anymore as a good overall tactic which would suit underdog, mid-teams, sub-top and top-class teams, but @knap, do you have some tactics that you know of worked well with several teams on different level this year? 

Thanks!

These tactics have worked with Villa, Arsenal, West Ham and Brentford. 

22BETABEOWULFKnap424IFP105ECFA
22BETAMEARGUSknap3412P100
FM22SICILIAN4222KnapVOL3AFP106ALLCUPS.fmf
FM22PreachinBluesKnapLVercettiHB451
FM22ARGUSknap3421P107FA.fmf

FM22PARISKnapPar1sLVER4231SSIWP110CC

Edited by LVercetti

54 minutes ago, Kiss The Rain said:

I do tactics testing, use both fmrte and various excel spreadsheets, test tactics several times and enter the results. According to my tests, the top knap tactics definitely include 22BETABEOWULF442WAFKnapVAP99ECFA. Here are the results with the top team, Sampdoria is a middling (1st place in the preview of the season) and Groiter is an outsider (last place in the preview of the season). Use it for any commands and enjoy the result

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

22BETABEOWULF442WAFKnapVAP99ECFA.fmf 44.97 kB · 11 downloads

If you would like to join the discord we do a similar style of testing there :)

https://discord.gg/nAnZC88q

2 hours ago, pilmalm said:

Thanks!

From my experience any Argus 3 at back will bring good results. The key point is that it is more solid with 3 CB, while goals are plenty with very attacking and set pieces.

Edited by longruoi1

15 minutes ago, knap said:

@Spike

Any transfers? How did you do against the top clubs?

@knap

There were quite a few transfers tbf, so the squad was massively improved.

IN - SUMMER (£227.2m)

Alexander Isak (Real San Sebastian) @ £38m

Renan Lodi (Atletico) @ £24m

David Neres (Ajax) @ £22m

Andrea Belotti (Torino) @ £20m

Kingsley Coman (Bayern) @ £19m

Gianluca Mancini (Roma) @ £18m

Andre Onana (Ajax) @ £18m (£20.5m)

Joe Gelhardt (Leeds Utd) @ £16.5m (£19.5m)

Tanguy Nianzou (Bayern) @ £12.5m

Kevin Mbabu (Wolfsburg) @ £8.5m

Denis Zakaria (Monchengladbach) @ £8m

Moussa Niakhite (Mainz) @ £7.5m (£8.5m)

Dani Ceballos (Madrid) @ £7m

Julian Alvarez (River) @ £4.7m

Elye Wahi (Montpellier) @ £3.5m (£5.25m)

IN – JANUARY (£11m)

Khellven (Paranaense) @ £9m

Santiago Munoz (Snatos Laguna) @ £2m

I did also sell around £75m worth of players to offset some of this.

I expected things to take a while to settle with all the new signings, but hit the ground running scoring 6 against Villa & Wolves in the first two games.

pnjzgwKDj

There were a lot of goals scored by Centre Backs from corners.

Lost away a Man C & Man U and drew away at Villa & home to Liverpool (last game of the season). Won every other game comfortably.

Edited by Spike

VILLA Test results

FM21.7WARRIORKnapSW442MZP107ALLCUPS
VercettiBlues451
Paris IWBs
FM22PreachinBluesKnap451VAP104EC
22BETAPARISKnapPar1sLVER4231SSIFP104
FM21.4PaeisienneWalkwaysKnapPar1s4231P100
22BETAPreachinBluesKnap451P105ECCC
22BETABEOWULFKnapCrusho4231P104
FM22WARRIORKnap4222P100ECFA
ME21.7HOLYGHOSTFIREKnap442P251
22BETAPILGRIMAGEKnapIWB4132NP102ECCC
FM21.6ECHOESKnap4231P111P100FACCP244

13 minutes ago, stanleycjames said:

can i see your starting 11 on the tactics page please

@stanleycjames

I can't access FM22 at the moment as i'm at work, but it was;

GK - Onana

DR - Mbabu

DCR - Mancini

DCL - Niakhite

DL - Lodi

DMR - Willock

DML - Zakaria

MR - Saint-Maximin

ML - Neres

STCR - Belotti

STCL - Isak

25 minutes ago, knap said:

VILLA Test results

FM21.7WARRIORKnapSW442MZP107ALLCUPS
VercettiBlues451
Paris IWBs
FM22PreachinBluesKnap451VAP104EC
22BETAPARISKnapPar1sLVER4231SSIFP104
FM21.4PaeisienneWalkwaysKnapPar1s4231P100
22BETAPreachinBluesKnap451P105ECCC
22BETABEOWULFKnapCrusho4231P104
FM22WARRIORKnap4222P100ECFA
ME21.7HOLYGHOSTFIREKnap442P251
22BETAPILGRIMAGEKnapIWB4132NP102ECCC
FM21.6ECHOESKnap4231P111P100FACCP244

Thanks @knap

@knap

Currently doing a Leeds save, finished 4th in first season. Found my tactics worked quite well, would go on unbeaten runs for 6/7 games then lose/draw a couple.
I was switching between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3.

However, I want to understand my tactics a little more and create a 4-2-3-1 formation that is playing out from the back, pressing and quick in transition.
Short quick passes that try and create openings for low crosses or the playmaker slipping in the striker.

Ideally want my team to play it into the middle, with the full backs overlapping, overloading the defends to be able to cut it back to the the wingers and striker. But also be able to play it out wide and cut it inside when needed.

have you got a tactic for that?

Any advice/suggestions is welcome

@Danm2301

I would say most of the tactics play that way.

However, if you are happy with your own tactic the last thing you want to do is to start using downloads. Far better to experiment and watch how the tactic plays out.

30 minutes ago, knap said:

@Danm2301

I would say most of the tactics play that way.

However, if you are happy with your own tactic the last thing you want to do is to start using downloads. Far better to experiment and watch how the tactic plays out.

That’s fair!

Do you have any suggestions on what roles I should have my players on to make best of that sort of style?

what’s best for the wingers, CAM, ST, full backs and CM’s?

@Danm2301

I am probably hugely biased towards what works for me and it is better to keep an open mind.

I would recommend watching a few videos by the Cult of FM, who is a EUFA B Coach. You tube vids at the Baden Powell site. His Man City tactic vid is worth watching as well as a general guide and one of mine likened to Mourinho.

4 hours ago, stanleycjames said:

my team is way better than this but Man utd humbled me using thesame tactics loool

In this FM even the same team can play very differently with different morale and condition. And that also applies for AI team to make any comparison as hard as possible.

Just finished first season as Newcastle using WARRIOR 4222 VOL and all I can say is wow :eek:

poHS1fUMj

Great work @knap and anyone else who helped create/test this tactic!

Plug and play ? Or do you manage the training schedule and all the press conferences and team talks? Can you share your team aswell?

4 hours ago, knap said:

@Danm2301

I am probably hugely biased towards what works for me and it is better to keep an open mind.

I would recommend watching a few videos by the Cult of FM, who is a EUFA B Coach. You tube vids at the Baden Powell site. His Man City tactic vid is worth watching as well as a general guide and one of mine likened to Mourinho.

I’m happy to hear your bias hah

But will definitely give those a look also, cheers dude 

1 hour ago, Paulinho26 said:

Plug and play ? Or do you manage the training schedule and all the press conferences and team talks? Can you share your team aswell?

@Paulinho26

Plug & play

I use @knap training schedule (details in op)

I handle all of the press conferences & team talks

Team is;

GK - Onana

DR - Mbabu

DCR - Mancini

DCL - Niakhite

DL - Lodi

DMR - Willock

DML - Zakaria

MR - Saint-Maximin

ML - Neres

STCR - Belotti

STCL - Isak

Knap, I've tried both the 4141 an 451 HB on an online save when away in big games. I'm Man City and suffered a heavy defeat using the 4141 9-0 against Chelsea.  Then suffered a 6-0 against Liverpool. What tactic should I use in big away games because those two seem to not be working. At home I'm unbeaten  using the 4222, but big away games the team just get rolled over. Any tips?