[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

2 hours ago, Chris21 said:

@sedge11

Do you mind me asking how you're getting on with Pogba in an AMC position? Something I'm considering my new Utd save

Well I have only just started using him there, but in the 4 games he has played he has 3 goals and an avg rating of 7.55. So he started pretty well in that position.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a bit of advice. About to finish the first season and looking to buy a CAM. I've tried Pogba there but it doesn't work. Mata and Lingard have both done okay but I would prefer someone a bit better and also, I occasionally change formation and the CAM becomes a CM, which Mata and Lingard do not excel at. Current budget looks like it will be 65 million, although I may get more from transfers. This is my team currently:

De Gea                                                                                                                               Joel Pereira

Hysaj      Bailly                           Skriniar (incoming)  Tierney                                      Dalot           De Ligt                        Jones    Shaw       

Pellegrini (incoming)   Pogba                                                                                                 Fred                            Matic/Pereira 

Sanchez                 Mata                         Martial                                                             Lozano                        Lingard                  Chong 

Lukaku                                                                                                                                   Rashford

I was thinking Dele Alli but he might be unobtainable. Eriksen and Isco were on the list as well, but again - pricey!!

Anyone of a sufficient level that won't cost more than 80 million?

10 minutes ago, crestofadave said:

Looking for a bit of advice. About to finish the first season and looking to buy a CAM. I've tried Pogba there but it doesn't work. Mata and Lingard have both done okay but I would prefer someone a bit better and also, I occasionally change formation and the CAM becomes a CM, which Mata and Lingard do not excel at. Current budget looks like it will be 65 million, although I may get more from transfers. This is my team currently:

De Gea                                                                                                                               Joel Pereira

Hysaj      Bailly                           Skriniar (incoming)  Tierney                                      Dalot           De Ligt                        Jones    Shaw       

Pellegrini (incoming)   Pogba                                                                                                 Fred                            Matic/Pereira 

Sanchez                 Mata                         Martial                                                             Lozano                        Lingard                  Chong 

Lukaku                                                                                                                                   Rashford

I was thinking Dele Alli but he might be unobtainable. Eriksen and Isco were on the list as well, but again - pricey!!

Asensio is sometime obtainable for under 80 millions I've seen. Luis Alberto shouldn't be more than 35m as well. For younger players you can activate Joao Felix's release clause of 54m or enquire how much Leverkusen want for Kai Havertz. Even cheaper and even younger players could be Giorgi Chakvetadze and Lovro Majer.

5 minutes ago, Sysiphus said:

Asensio is sometime obtainable for under 80 millions I've seen. Luis Alberto shouldn't be more than 35m as well. For younger players you can activate Joao Felix's release clause of 54m or enquire how much Leverkusen want for Kai Havertz. Even cheaper and even younger players could be Giorgi Chakvetadze and Lovro Majer.

Can Asensio or Luis Alberto play deeper in centre mid when needed though? 

I have a strange dislike for Havertz, he just seems too lightweight for me. Will have a look at the other lads, cheers! 

Just now, crestofadave said:

Can Asensio or Luis Alberto play deeper in centre mid when needed though? 

I have a strange dislike for Havertz, he just seems too lightweight for me. Will have a look at the other lads, cheers! 

Fair point about Alberto and Asensio. Forgot that you wanted them to slot occasionally into the midfield.

1 hour ago, crestofadave said:

Barek from Udinese, Barella from Cagliari or Zaniolo from Roma are worth a look longer-term.  Personally, I'd go for an all-out AMC - when you go to CM, Pogba is the man to play that role. 

7 hours ago, crestofadave said:

I'm re training Pogba to play the attacking midfielder role in the CAM position and he is doing great, maybe persist with him in that role.

Lingard has also been particularly good as a shadow striker.

But I have seen Houssem Aouar  from Lyon develop really well on the game, and seen him move for 40-50 mil. But Isco or Dybala would be my no1 choices, but price wise would cost more that what you have budgeted.

7 hours ago, crestofadave said:

Mikel Oyarzabal at Real Sociedad should have a decent release clause. Not sure if he has much room for improvement but starts out really good. If I remember rightly has 11 Tackling too which would help if you dropped him to CM.  

Lingard as CM-Su thrived for me on 18 though, in spite of the tactics circles telling me not to do it. 

Alright lads I need some help here, I've done some testing with this tactic and it's one i've used for many years on fm since 14 I think and it's always worked at united and my random team saves. For some reason it doesn't work out well for this fm and i've asked around and nothing really changes. Maybe its the formation mixed with ME but im starting to lose touch with it. 

For what I want it's to not dominate possession but to have a fair amount usually trying to have more than opposition hence the "positive" and play quick and wide. However, I've found it hard to contain possession and make chances count playing wide. I've tried playing narrow and it never works out with this team. I tend to use a deep-lying to dictate and control games and keep it moving. I've seen many people trying to use control and having lower tempo, now if you ask me controlling the game can consist of both quick and slow tempo, one person springs to mind is LVG and that never worked out. However, people trying to recreate pep's is always "slightly lower tempo" which i don't get at all because he makes them play quick. Does tempo even have the same effect anymore?? (17 way was asier to understand- fluid- control/attack).

First of all Defence wise I usually use attack duties cause they add a lot more crosses from play but a low percentage comes off however very useful most times. For what I want should be using wing back support as the mid section and defence cover when needed but found out it rarely helps with like a max of 6 crosses a game. 

DM usually use deep-lying but im wondering would or should I change it to defensive mid to offer a more defensive cover than deep lying does?

CM'S i have issues with, realistically i'd like B2B with a playmaker but most games it doesn't work out as the B2B effects the playmaker role or vice versa in terms of attacking and defending. I've been told that the Carrilero is similar but more defensive but realistic terms is more of a shuttler and act like wide playmakers in terms of attack and provide width so it'll be useless in this case. I think a ball winner would be useful but not really used that role before in a 3 man mid, but in a 2 man mid it'd work quite well. Would a deep lying playmaker do for support because I want the player to do their defensive role as a primary use but their 2nd instinct to support attacks which is why B2B sounds more useful.

Wide players- Inside forwards have always been ishy to me in terms of using support or attack more so in 19 than in 17 (my last fm game), from my view i tend to think support is someone like sanchez, silva, bernardo silva etc. that can dribble towards the middle, create and attack from deep so run at the defence, quick one-two's rather than someone like rashford who always tries to get beyond the defensive line and less link up play (my view on attack) is that right in terms of attack and support or have I dwelled too much onto its meaning too much?

Strikers I've always used complete forward support, always been a guy with a rounded attacker who can do it all: pass, link, shoot, hold up, move etc. I know strikers have had issues in 19 but I still think roles differ slightly apart from f9. With rashford being a adv forward, does that necessarily mean they try to beat the defensive line and get behind? i've never really understood the adv forward role much so i think its similar to a poacher which I think is wildly wrong. Any help would be appreciated thanks :thup: 

egfsav.png

1 hour ago, axehan1 said:

Without doubt the most amazing result ever for me in FM:eek:

bhsfnKi.jpg?1\

Four days earlier we beat Wolves 7-0.

I recall you had earlier posted a 4-2-3-1 which you said worked well for you. Are you still using the same one and, if so, would you mind sharing it, together with any positional instructions?

Several questions if you don't mind:

- I've bought Chiesa and am playing him to devastating effect as a right winger (support), but have some trouble on the left as my options are Sanchez/Martial/Rashford, all of whom are IFs. The ME doesn't seem to favour IFs and no matter support or attack they don't seem to be making much of an impact. How's that working for you?

- Do you have your AMC  in "roaming" mode? 

Thanks.

Has anyone had success in developing the youth players at the club? Anyone got any screenshots of how they've turned out? In particular:

Greenwood

Chong

Gomes

Garner

O'Connor

Laird

Tuanzabe

Fosu-Mensah

A. Pereira 

J. Pereira

Henderson

Mitchell

Is there anyone else that could potentially come through that I've not listed?

5 hours ago, snowmansnipe said:

I recall you had earlier posted a 4-2-3-1 which you said worked well for you. Are you still using the same one and, if so, would you mind sharing it, together with any positional instructions?

Several questions if you don't mind:

- I've bought Chiesa and am playing him to devastating effect as a right winger (support), but have some trouble on the left as my options are Sanchez/Martial/Rashford, all of whom are IFs. The ME doesn't seem to favour IFs and no matter support or attack they don't seem to be making much of an impact. How's that working for you?

- Do you have your AMC  in "roaming" mode? 

Thanks.

Yeah,still 4231, attacking now.Added pass into space,because we're attacking slightly shorter passing and tempo.

AML

WWen9gn.jpg?1

UyGypGV.jpg?1

Anthony Martial is my main player in this position.If I was confident that he wouldn't get injured if he played more than 3 games in a row he'd play more but he does rotate with Rashford(main striker) and a regen.We've got 10 more league games and i'm confident that if he can play all 10 with a few early subs then I can get him to 20 league goals.

I think it's important to get certain ppm's right for positions on the pitch and Martial has "get's into the box" and "cuts in from the left"which are all good attacking traits for an inside forward.

AMC

jIzLaJW.jpg?1

No roaming but I have him playing more risky passes,move in channels and hold on to the ball.

I have two players who rotate this position Dele Ali and Thiago Almada and between them they have 24 goals in all comps.Dele has played and scored more,his ppm's are perfect for me."gets forward","dictates tempo","dwells on ball" and"runs with  the ball".

Edited by axehan1

2 hours ago, simonbyrneno.4 said:

Has anyone had success in developing the youth players at the club? Anyone got any screenshots of how they've turned out? In particular:

Greenwood

Chong

Gomes

Garner

O'Connor

Laird

Tuanzabe

Fosu-Mensah

A. Pereira 

J. Pereira

Henderson

Mitchell

1Q6mQti.jpg?1

IUFiV7y.jpg?1

With more game time they'd be much better,I sold Chong on for £23m to Hertha Berlin,he was probably the one youngster who developed the most for me due to a fair bit of game time.Lee O'Connor went for £11.25m to Gladbach with little play time but decent attributes, and the keeper Pereira was my no.1 for a season before I sold him to Arsenal for £20m.

They can all do a job but you need to give them game time in order to get those attributes up.

10 hours ago, BigV said:

Alright lads I need some help here, I've done some testing with this tactic and it's one i've used for many years on fm since 14 I think and it's always worked at united and my random team saves. For some reason it doesn't work out well for this fm and i've asked around and nothing really changes. Maybe its the formation mixed with ME but im starting to lose touch with it. 

For what I want it's to not dominate possession but to have a fair amount usually trying to have more than opposition hence the "positive" and play quick and wide. However, I've found it hard to contain possession and make chances count playing wide. I've tried playing narrow and it never works out with this team. I tend to use a deep-lying to dictate and control games and keep it moving. I've seen many people trying to use control and having lower tempo, now if you ask me controlling the game can consist of both quick and slow tempo, one person springs to mind is LVG and that never worked out. However, people trying to recreate pep's is always "slightly lower tempo" which i don't get at all because he makes them play quick. Does tempo even have the same effect anymore?? (17 way was asier to understand- fluid- control/attack).

First of all Defence wise I usually use attack duties cause they add a lot more crosses from play but a low percentage comes off however very useful most times. For what I want should be using wing back support as the mid section and defence cover when needed but found out it rarely helps with like a max of 6 crosses a game. 

DM usually use deep-lying but im wondering would or should I change it to defensive mid to offer a more defensive cover than deep lying does?

CM'S i have issues with, realistically i'd like B2B with a playmaker but most games it doesn't work out as the B2B effects the playmaker role or vice versa in terms of attacking and defending. I've been told that the Carrilero is similar but more defensive but realistic terms is more of a shuttler and act like wide playmakers in terms of attack and provide width so it'll be useless in this case. I think a ball winner would be useful but not really used that role before in a 3 man mid, but in a 2 man mid it'd work quite well. Would a deep lying playmaker do for support because I want the player to do their defensive role as a primary use but their 2nd instinct to support attacks which is why B2B sounds more useful.

Wide players- Inside forwards have always been ishy to me in terms of using support or attack more so in 19 than in 17 (my last fm game), from my view i tend to think support is someone like sanchez, silva, bernardo silva etc. that can dribble towards the middle, create and attack from deep so run at the defence, quick one-two's rather than someone like rashford who always tries to get beyond the defensive line and less link up play (my view on attack) is that right in terms of attack and support or have I dwelled too much onto its meaning too much?

Strikers I've always used complete forward support, always been a guy with a rounded attacker who can do it all: pass, link, shoot, hold up, move etc. I know strikers have had issues in 19 but I still think roles differ slightly apart from f9. With rashford being a adv forward, does that necessarily mean they try to beat the defensive line and get behind? i've never really understood the adv forward role much so i think its similar to a poacher which I think is wildly wrong. Any help would be appreciated thanks :thup: 

egfsav.png

Most of the roles and duties look good, but I'd suggest one of your CMs (Pogba) on an Attack duty. I've found players like him great as a CM (A) in this formation before, whilst AP (A) depends very much on how the player interprets it as to whether they're enough of a goal threat. I also think you have too many team instructions - do you want short passing and be more expressive, for example? Seems slightly counter-intuitive to me, as it's telling players that they can do what they want i.e. shoot, dribble etc but should pass short whilst also trying lots of through balls. Why not try taking both off and just putting 'work ball into box' on, to cut out all the long shots. 

It'd also be good to see what Player Instructions you have on - my gut instinct would be to get rid of the lot of them and work from a more basic template that you can actually decipher more easily. 

For what it's worth, I'm averaging around 55-60% possession with the tactic below - I've taken one of Knap's as a template and just keep editing from there until I get where I want. Aim is attacking, attractive football with wingbacks bombing on and a very aggressive high defensive line: 

2110141465_ManchesterUnited_Overview-2.thumb.png.a9bdade0bd8507be03c2861c89614c2c.png

Pogba, in particular, has been unreal so far with 10 goals in 14 games. Less convinced by the AML and AMR, as are you, but usually there's enough there to occupy the defenders.

1572634500_PaulPogba_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.cb89655e53efd08381be16459e638aec.png

Next question is what to do about Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. He's available for £59m with Lazio 9th in the table, which is too good not to go for. That said, it might mean a rethink of the CM pairing, which is probably the part of my tactic I'm happiest with at the moment!

Alright, so I'm at work at the moment so I can't post a screenshot.

However, before the update, I had a bit of a problem with long shots, obviously especially by Pogba and Fred. I fixed this issue in my tactic and all was well. I had Martial smashing goals in from the left as an IF(A) the left and he became my most potent forward, Lukaku picked up 38 goals, while on the right side, Lingard as a IF(S), or W(A) became my assist king. All was well, and I had my team playing the way I wanted. shh

Fast forward past a broken laptop, a re-install, and new update later. Now, bear in mind, I do know that this was overachieving drastically, and although I don't expect them to be this good again. But I do expect better than what I've got.

So I vary between a 4-1-4-1(when Pogba plays) and a 4-2-3-1(when he doesn't), and since the update my tactic is not only offensively completely destroyed, but possession-wise I have nothing, against substantially smaller teams, too. My left-wing is completely ineffective. I play Martial as an IF(A) as I want him to be a goalscoring LW and a support to the striker, but he's just invisible every game. The most I see is him making a run, passing backwards or getting tackled.

So is my RW. Nobody plays effectively there, at all. I had a plan to morph it into a sort of front 3 all working together, in terms of goals and assists, so I want them to know when to cut in, and sometimes when to stay wide, but I want my front 3 to be all among the goals(if you want an example, even though I hate examples, Liverpool's front 3 last year, ugh). In turn this makes my striker isolated.

Then there's Pogba and Fred. Pogba just seems to blast from about anywhere he wants to, and Fred seems to make a run in order to fire off a shot, so it seems awfully intentional, rather than pass to an unmarked player. It results in a few spectaculars, but that is not sustainable at all. My goals are 80-90% set pieces and penalties(I've had 5 pens in 5 games), and those otherwise are deflections and own goals. It's immensely frustrating. Another few issues I've picked up is players reaching the goal line and always shooting rather than passing, which just wastes the opportunity, and my wingbacks almost never cross, well barely cross. They prefer to pass back(yes, I have work into box enabled, but that's how I want this team to play, it shouldn't result in eliminating a move altogether, that's just dumb), and take waaaaaaaaaay too long on the ball when in space.

Before the update, the only difference was my midfield 2, as I had Pogba as an AP(A), alongside De Jong(DLP-S), and it worked wonders in midfield(I wanted a goalscoring midfielder alongside a playmaking midfielder. Think Xavi-Iniesta, but a different variation), now I have Fred as a B2B(S), alongside Pogba in many different roles: AP(A), RPM, AP(S), but mostly as AP(A), and can't get him to stop his ridiculous shots. He has 6 goals all from spectaculars, yet in perspective, he fires off about 9 shots a game with a 20% accuracy. Fred is the same.

To post my tactics in text atm. This is my more or less go-to  side. A few weaknesses that need to be addressed.

De Gea - SK(A)

Darmian - WB(S)     Smalling - CD(D)    Bailly - CD(D)   Shaw - WB(S)

Matic - HB(D)

Fred - B2B(S)    Pogba - AP(A)

Rashford - IF(S)                                                                  Martial - IF(A)

Lukaku - PF(A)

PI's that I currently have selected are(These are position based)(Because of the TI, most of my players are on Shorter Passing):

Both Wing Backs ----->  Get Further Forward

Fred -------->  Shoot Less Often

Pogba --------->  Shoot Less Often, More Direct Passing

Martial  ------->  Roam From Position

Rashford --------> Stay Wider

Lukaku --------> Move into Channels

The TI's are the usual:

Offensive:
Work Into Box

Pass Into Space(seems to push my possession don't so it's not enabled atm),

Shorter Passing,

Higher Tempo,

Wide Formation

Defensive:

Pass Out Defence

Higher LoE

Higher Defensive Line

Transition:

Regroup

Counter

There isn't any be more expressive, disciplined, etc. If it's not here it's not enabled.

I'm just curious if anyone else is facing the same problems, and is going with it, or if you're not having any of these problems, well then, please do help.

Sorry for the long post.

10 hours ago, simonbyrneno.4 said:

Greenwood

Chong

Gomes

Garner

O'Connor

Laird

Tuanzabe

Fosu-Mensah

A. Pereira 

J. Pereira

Henderson

Mitchell

I'm only in the 2nd season so haven't developed them much so far, but on my beta save with Pompey. Chong developed very well for the AI man utd.

chong.thumb.png.4cfa1f11479e5a38ec5680450b8859e7.png

This was 6 seasons in.

4 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Shorter Passing,

Higher Tempo,

Wide Formation

I'd be willing to be that these three together are a large cause of your problems. You are telling players to pass it short to players who are further away and do it quickly... If they can't see the short pass on immediately, they may well just hoof it long, run or shoot. I'd suggest removing shorter passing first off, if not all three, and seeing what changes that brings. Also, are you playing on an Attacking mentality? If so, that'll make the tempo even higher and aggravate things more. Can't stress enough the benefit of watching Comprehensive highlights when you're making changes to your tactics either and not doing too much at once or you won't know what has caused any changes.

Another thought is that you don't need Matic on such a defensive role as HB (D) unless your wing backs are really bombing on, or you'll basically drop to five at the back and leave Fred and Pogba with less of that out ball back to him. Maybe try DM (S) or keep the HB role but make the full backs more attacking.

35 minutes ago, b101 said:

I'd be willing to be that these three together are a large cause of your problems. You are telling players to pass it short to players who are further away and do it quickly... If they can't see the short pass on immediately, they may well just hoof it long, run or shoot. I'd suggest removing shorter passing first off, if not all three, and seeing what changes that brings. Also, are you playing on an Attacking mentality? If so, that'll make the tempo even higher and aggravate things more. Can't stress enough the benefit of watching Comprehensive highlights when you're making changes to your tactics either and not doing too much at once or you won't know what has caused any changes.

Another thought is that you don't need Matic on such a defensive role as HB (D) unless your wing backs are really bombing on, or you'll basically drop to five at the back and leave Fred and Pogba with less of that out ball back to him. Maybe try DM (S) or keep the HB role but make the full backs more attacking.

Now when you say that, what you're asking me to do is obliterate the style of play I want to incorporate, which is short one-two fast paced football, and I have managed to create it for the past 4 years in FM. If I can't do that now, then what is the point of this game? Nothing in the vision I am trying to enact is unrealistic in real world football(which FM apparently emulates). 

I've tried what you have said before anyway. Over an entire season. Didn't work, I still end up with Pogba hitting idiot long shots with his back turned(figure that one out). Matic is also always in support, even as a HB. That's a bit of the problem. The midfield triangle pass between themselves because the forward and wide men don't offer any movement. They literally play a triangle passing game till the wing back makes a run. 

1 minute ago, MatthewS17 said:

Now when you say that, what you're asking me to do is obliterate the style of play I want to incorporate, which is short one-two fast paced football, and I have managed to create it for the past 4 years in FM. If I can't do that now, then what is the point of this game? Nothing in the vision I am trying to enact is unrealistic in real world football(which FM apparently emulates). 

No, I'm asking if you really understand what you're asking the players to do in order to get to the brand of football you want. It's all very well wanting fast paced one-two football (by the way, that will come more from players having the right balance of roles/duties and you getting the mentality right as well as the TIs/PIs), but you are telling them to play very fast and pass short whilst staying a long way away from each other. You are also asking your DM - already a defensive role due to his starting position - to sit even deeper, taking away one of your short passing options and your striker is staying high, chasing lots of balls down, so not contributing to the build up. To top it off, Lukaku stays high and presses, Martial runs wherever he wants, whilst Rashford is staying even wider.

When you add all of these things together, surely it can't be surprising that you see the midfield two pass to each other until the wing backs make a run, because everyone else's role and instructions are insisting that they are miles away from your midfield pair. Add that to Pogba wanting to shoot and Fred just being a bit average, and this is the likely outcome - as you have noted. 

This is not meaning to destroy your tactic, but I don't think you're really considering how all of the different pieces match up together. What you will want to do is work out what the fix for you is - I see a number: 

1) Change Matic's role to make him less passive in attack

2) Make the WBs more attacking (I'd certainly have one on an attack duty)

3) Get rid of some of the TIs and PIs that are forcing these issues.

4) Change Lukaku's role - this could be the easiest tweak as if he starts dropping deep, all sorts of chain reactions will happen (there'll be space in behind for the IFs to attack etc)

---

Finally, when you say 'you've tried this', which bit do you mean - I suggested a fair few things? And if so, were you making lots of changes at once or just one, having really thought it through and then watched to see what the effect was? If you're specific and think carefully before you make a change, then look closely to see if it works, you will be on the right track.

9 hours ago, b101 said:

Most of the roles and duties look good, but I'd suggest one of your CMs (Pogba) on an Attack duty. I've found players like him great as a CM (A) in this formation before, whilst AP (A) depends very much on how the player interprets it as to whether they're enough of a goal threat. I also think you have too many team instructions - do you want short passing and be more expressive, for example? Seems slightly counter-intuitive to me, as it's telling players that they can do what they want i.e. shoot, dribble etc but should pass short whilst also trying lots of through balls. Why not try taking both off and just putting 'work ball into box' on, to cut out all the long shots. 

It'd also be good to see what Player Instructions you have on - my gut instinct would be to get rid of the lot of them and work from a more basic template that you can actually decipher more easily. 

For what it's worth, I'm averaging around 55-60% possession with the tactic below - I've taken one of Knap's as a template and just keep editing from there until I get where I want. Aim is attacking, attractive football with wingbacks bombing on and a very aggressive high defensive line: 

2110141465_ManchesterUnited_Overview-2.thumb.png.a9bdade0bd8507be03c2861c89614c2c.png

Pogba, in particular, has been unreal so far with 10 goals in 14 games. Less convinced by the AML and AMR, as are you, but usually there's enough there to occupy the defenders.

1572634500_PaulPogba_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.cb89655e53efd08381be16459e638aec.png

Next question is what to do about Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. He's available for £59m with Lazio 9th in the table, which is too good not to go for. That said, it might mean a rethink of the CM pairing, which is probably the part of my tactic I'm happiest with at the moment!

I have tried pogba on attack playmaker but most of the times he comes deeper than the BBM on average or he barely passes enough to get a foot hold of the game. As a creative outlet CM he doesn't feel like it alot, more or less becomes a CM attack. I've used this tactic for a long time and has worked for most fm's, how so? can you not have a fluid like attack with short passing? I've always been confused by the direct passing, short passing options as people refer to direct as long balls but also "through balls" like bypassing defenses and hitting them at feet like scholes, gerrard, carrick, alonso did. I also think doing something more direct doesn't fit inside forwards a lot because they have to come inside rather than go wide even if you play a wide formation/width of wide. I think work ball into the box's description and what it does is somewhat different as working the ball in the box is arsenal and barca esque but it mentions they take their time and is patient- barca and arsenal were never patient doing that because their tempo was high and they forced it with quick play and few touches. But i'll try what you said, seems logical. Cross more often for wingbacks/fullbacks, CF- shoot more often, dribble more/less, more risky passes, BBM- more risky passes, go further forward (barely supported in attacks unless told to), rest are default and untampered. I forgot all about him in all honest cause I tried sorting the CB, full back issue while selling the dead weight and getting coaches/other staff. Im really unsure if BBM works, really tempted to try cm support for likes of herrera and fred and see what they do. 

1 hour ago, BigV said:

I have tried pogba on attack playmaker but most of the times he comes deeper than the BBM on average or he barely passes enough to get a foot hold of the game. As a creative outlet CM he doesn't feel like it alot, more or less becomes a CM attack. I've used this tactic for a long time and has worked for most fm's, how so? can you not have a fluid like attack with short passing? I've always been confused by the direct passing, short passing options as people refer to direct as long balls but also "through balls" like bypassing defenses and hitting them at feet like scholes, gerrard, carrick, alonso did. I also think doing something more direct doesn't fit inside forwards a lot because they have to come inside rather than go wide even if you play a wide formation/width of wide. I think work ball into the box's description and what it does is somewhat different as working the ball in the box is arsenal and barca esque but it mentions they take their time and is patient- barca and arsenal were never patient doing that because their tempo was high and they forced it with quick play and few touches. But i'll try what you said, seems logical. Cross more often for wingbacks/fullbacks, CF- shoot more often, dribble more/less, more risky passes, BBM- more risky passes, go further forward (barely supported in attacks unless told to), rest are default and untampered. I forgot all about him in all honest cause I tried sorting the CB, full back issue while selling the dead weight and getting coaches/other staff. Im really unsure if BBM works, really tempted to try cm support for likes of herrera and fred and see what they do. 

I've found BBM to be a great role when combined with something else simple like a CM (D) or BWM (D) - the issue is that they can't carry the load on their own in midfield. With your individual settings, I'd probably take shoot more often off, but that's personal preference. As you say, there's loads of different ways to do it and it's really just about what you see and how it all fits together. The high tempo, short passing can work, but it just has huge demands on the players' skill level or organisation - Arsenal and Barca had both. 

Also, Herrera has been way better than I thought he would be as a BWM, so I'd consider giving him a go. Jury still very much out on Fred, for me.

2 hours ago, b101 said:

No, I'm asking if you really understand what you're asking the players to do in order to get to the brand of football you want. It's all very well wanting fast paced one-two football (by the way, that will come more from players having the right balance of roles/duties and you getting the mentality right as well as the TIs/PIs), but you are telling them to play very fast and pass short whilst staying a long way away from each other. You are also asking your DM - already a defensive role due to his starting position - to sit even deeper, taking away one of your short passing options and your striker is staying high, chasing lots of balls down, so not contributing to the build up. To top it off, Lukaku stays high and presses, Martial runs wherever he wants, whilst Rashford is staying even wider.

When you add all of these things together, surely it can't be surprising that you see the midfield two pass to each other until the wing backs make a run, because everyone else's role and instructions are insisting that they are miles away from your midfield pair. Add that to Pogba wanting to shoot and Fred just being a bit average, and this is the likely outcome - as you have noted. 

This is not meaning to destroy your tactic, but I don't think you're really considering how all of the different pieces match up together. What you will want to do is work out what the fix for you is - I see a number: 

1) Change Matic's role to make him less passive in attack

2) Make the WBs more attacking (I'd certainly have one on an attack duty)

3) Get rid of some of the TIs and PIs that are forcing these issues.

4) Change Lukaku's role - this could be the easiest tweak as if he starts dropping deep, all sorts of chain reactions will happen (there'll be space in behind for the IFs to attack etc)

---

Finally, when you say 'you've tried this', which bit do you mean - I suggested a fair few things? And if so, were you making lots of changes at once or just one, having really thought it through and then watched to see what the effect was? If you're specific and think carefully before you make a change, then look closely to see if it works, you will be on the right track.

With this being said, what PI's do you suggest I remove or add? 

I've also only recently switched Lukaku to PF(A), as he was a DLF(S) previously. I just got overly conscious that I had too many support roles here, and it also just seemed to result in Pogba getting into the box, while my wide remained substantially out marked, and Lukaku acting almost as a CAM that drifts wide. 

I've also had a concern that allowing Rashford to be narrow would cause too much of a compact area, as my idea behind my two wide men is sometimes to draw out defenders. 

38 minutes ago, b101 said:

I've found BBM to be a great role when combined with something else simple like a CM (D) or BWM (D) - the issue is that they can't carry the load on their own in midfield. With your individual settings, I'd probably take shoot more often off, but that's personal preference. As you say, there's loads of different ways to do it and it's really just about what you see and how it all fits together. The high tempo, short passing can work, but it just has huge demands on the players' skill level or organisation - Arsenal and Barca had both. 

Also, Herrera has been way better than I thought he would be as a BWM, so I'd consider giving him a go. Jury still very much out on Fred, for me.

True true, it does work but it's one of those that aren't general where as in 17 you could play fluid, quick, expressive and wide and make it work. I guess the whole transition and out of possession changes it as I deepened the attacking line which allowed me to counter well cause they're closer and press when close to the centre than having the "high and high option". I switched cook and herrera and omg it was a game changer at half time, he only had 3 tackles but i went from having 39 % possession to 55, may have been the half time talk but it worked alot better. 

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

With this being said, what PI's do you suggest I remove or add? 

I've also only recently switched Lukaku to PF(A), as he was a DLF(S) previously. I just got overly conscious that I had too many support roles here, and it also just seemed to result in Pogba getting into the box, while my wide remained substantially out marked, and Lukaku acting almost as a CAM that drifts wide. 

I've also had a concern that allowing Rashford to be narrow would cause too much of a compact area, as my idea behind my two wide men is sometimes to draw out defenders. 

PIs, I'd just go with shoot less often on a couple of players who you find particularly wasteful. It's usually on my striker, and he often also has move into channels if they're mobile (I don't have it on if it's Lukaku as we play off him more). I can't say I've played around with the PF role much - I always tend to have my sides really hassle high up the pitch if we're the stronger team using PIs and TIs, so I don't particularly see the need for the role specifically as it should just happen automatically.

As ever, it's based on what you see, but the main thing for me would have been those original few TIs, as those will affect the whole team. Interested to see what you notice when you make a few changes - do keep us posted!

1164743204_PremierLeague_OverviewStages.thumb.png.0fe873ceaaf875d898ea6daea57a8d21.png

Nearing January and we're top of the table, closely followed by Liverpool - our only two draws (both 1-1) have been away at City and Liverpool, so very happy with how things have gone. We also topped our CL group of Juve, Galatasaray and Monaco. Most of the signings have been good ones; I've yet to see the absolute best of Asensio, but both CBs Dias and Kimpembe have been brilliant. Lukaku leads the league in goals with 14 in 17 games, but he's still very hot and cold - Real are interested, so will wait to see what sort of a bid that might lead to. 

All three of Chong, Angel Gomes and Mason Greenwood have really started to push for a place in the side against weaker teams, with Garner also getting some game time here and there. Gomes in particular has been awesome, with the highlight his hat-trick in the EFL Cup QF against Southampton:

Transfers-wise, Milinkovic-Savic joins for a bargain £59m after being unhappy at Lazio, whilst Fabio Silva is one I like the look of for the future. We needed to push players out to fund the Sergej transfer, so took a bit of a loss on Jones (£10m), Lindelof (£16m), Fellaini (£15m) and Rojo (£5.5m). That said, their wages leaving will be a huge benefit. Mata and Herrera have been offered new deals, whilst Valencia gets a one year extension. No luck with any offers for Matic yet though... I'm still tracking Joao Felix and Florentino Luis at Benfica, both of whom are unhappy as I've had bids rejected. Otherwise, pretty happy with what we've got.

Players In and Academy prospects:

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Spoiler

660013257_SergejMilinkovic-Savic_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.0019a2303569a1d6dbb20a76a72d0484.png

Fabio Silva

Spoiler

110165333_FbioSilva_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.e6641b87d0faa41b98e7f8118c5540d8.png

Mason Greenwood

Spoiler

249004246_MasonGreenwood_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.e42af69714bcecdc00047c8f19a47036.png

Angel Gomes

Spoiler

310742252_AngelGomes_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.6e1f6410f429d9bd1ce0f97f74d1c4a4.png

James Garner

Spoiler

1828152559_JamesGarner_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.889fca2b55407ad18b7a4242b290a762.png

Tahith Chong

Spoiler

1640484764_TahithChong_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.2afe8976d47e17becf9b0f580a440cb3.png

Edited by b101

won everything, although came very close to losing the champions league semi final 3-2 down after 100 and win 4-3, league was a stroll, got outplayed once, by spurs at Home, but still won that. and yes Lindelof at right back, because Darmian was injured, Valencia was sold and Dalot was on loan :/

20181222012202_1.jpg

20181222013851_1.jpg

Edited by scott MUFC

2 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

won everything, although came very close to losing the champions league semi final 3-2 down after 100 and win 4-3, league was a stroll, got outplayed once, by spurs at Home, but still won that. and yes Lindelof at right back, because Darmian was injured, Valencia was sold and Dalot was on loan :/

20181222012202_1.jpg

20181222013851_1.jpg

What formation are you using?

2 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

4-2-3-1 at home 4-1-2-1 gegenpress away

Cheers, trying to find some good basic back up tactics to compliment my main one.

how do you find the front 4 play in your 4-2-3-1 as when I’ve used it only one of the 4 will ever play well at a time

I'm finally back in action FM-wise, probably going to start a new United save tomorrow (kinda disappointed about losing my save, apart from the time lost, its rare you'll get such a level of injuries that the likes of Greenwood get a chance and have it exclusively affect the older players like Sanchez, rather than hindering the likes of Rashford, Martial) and hope that I remembered my Jardim tactic correctly (and that it still works with the ME changes).

Has anyone managed to get rid of Ashley Young 1st window? I managed to get him on loan to Derby for 100% of his wages eventually. Also, Phil Jones? I sold Smalling for slightly below his value last time, but could barely get even a value offer for Jones. Hoping to nab Rugani 1st window this time out, alongside Tierney and Kanté, and I think he'll cost more than De Ligt so I'll need to sell another CB.

5 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

I'm finally back in action FM-wise, probably going to start a new United save tomorrow (kinda disappointed about losing my save, apart from the time lost, its rare you'll get such a level of injuries that the likes of Greenwood get a chance and have it exclusively affect the older players like Sanchez, rather than hindering the likes of Rashford, Martial) and hope that I remembered my Jardim tactic correctly (and that it still works with the ME changes).

Has anyone managed to get rid of Ashley Young 1st window? I managed to get him on loan to Derby for 100% of his wages eventually. Also, Phil Jones? I sold Smalling for slightly below his value last time, but could barely get even a value offer for Jones. Hoping to nab Rugani 1st window this time out, alongside Tierney and Kanté, and I think he'll cost more than De Ligt so I'll need to sell another CB.

I did for 3.5 but I think max will be around 5-8m. 100% of his wages to derby is unthinkable that is amazing lol, to think he was on 200k a week at one point till lvg gave him his paycut lol. I keep jones for the simple fact he's younger and after a season he can get sold for around 40m as chelsea/arsenal love him (lingard too in first few seasons). Good shout on rugani but have a look at manolas for 34m release clause, demands low wages around 120k with real small incentives like add ons are small. just a suggestion. Millinkovic-savic goes around 55 at start of the game. Deligt can be bought but you have to do it quick, chelsea already pounce within a few days. 

In terms of ME, it's still faulty but it's a lot better than it was, it stopped me playing after a season but i've made a new save, half way through and im feeling a bit of love back. Long shots are strong so beware, pogba is an absolute machine with fred for those. 

Just now, BigV said:

I did for 3.5 but I think max will be around 5-8m. 100% of his wages to derby is unthinkable that is amazing lol, to think he was on 200k a week at one point till lvg gave him his paycut lol. I keep jones for the simple fact he's younger and after a season he can get sold for around 40m as chelsea/arsenal love him (lingard too in first few seasons). Good shout on rugani but have a look at manolas for 34m release clause, demands low wages around 120k with real small incentives like add ons are small. just a suggestion. Millinkovic-savic goes around 55 at start of the game. Deligt can be bought but you have to do it quick, chelsea already pounce within a few days. 

In terms of ME, it's still faulty but it's a lot better than it was, it stopped me playing after a season but i've made a new save, half way through and im feeling a bit of love back. Long shots are strong so beware, pogba is an absolute machine with fred for those. 

£120k / week it was. Had to recall him in January due to the injury crisis. I had a look at Manolas in that save but I believe he had Competitive Streak which I didn't like, and also either Brings Ball Out or Tries To Play Out despite having 9 Technique. I only spotted Rugani after Madrid had snapped him up. Had De Ligt, but I know I'll end up having an Ajax save so probably not going to buy any of their youngsters. Milinkovic-Savic would probably be my ideal 3rd CM to go behind Pogba and Kanté but ahead of Fred in the pecking order, but Kanté's the most important one to get as he was an absolute beast for me.

I play 2 x SV-Su so Pogba should have plenty of opportunities, so kinda pleased to hear that. 

This is my planned 2019/20 squad (italics for signings, 1st / 2nd refers to the transfer windows I'll try to move for them). Of course plans can change, for example if Shaw is too injury prone Chilwell becomes the target. Januzaj an option to backup Mata, likewise SMS behind Kanté. Ousmane Dembele would probably be an even better option than Sessegnon for the W-At with "Cuts Inside" trait at LM too but would be pricey. 

GK: De Gea / Rulli (2nd)

RB: Dalot / Sidibe (2nd)

RCB: Lindelöf / Tuanzebe

LCB: Dias (2nd) / Rugani (1st)

LB: Tierney (1st) / Shaw

RDM: Kanté (1st) / Fosu-Mensah

LDM: Pogba / Fred

RM: Mata / Pereira

LM: Sessegnon (1st?) / Lingard

RST: Rashford / Greenwood

LST: Martial / Memphis (2nd)

@b101 Played a few games tonight against bigger opposition. Can safely say the BBM has been toned to its usual expectancy of the role, same with some roles except the full back/wingback roles. I dropped my high attacking line (out of possession) to standard and allowed me to play the way I want, especially on counter and helps with small passing/possession with quicker tempo, didn't really think to use it as an outlet tool. Herrera as a BWM in big games helps alot, the guys a machine and the fact he's all around ability is decent he pitches in with assists and a few goals. He reminds me of what I achieved with schneiderlin and fosu back in my OP save in 17. Also lukaku as a CF-support/attack works great, he holds up well and moves around decently for martial/rashford/sanchez to pitch in on goals. He's got lethal crossing when he goes wide to the left, I think it was mathew, try focus left side and see how it works, pretty decent. Not to mention through balls are working a lot better now, finally seeing mata, pogba and others making chances by small/med/long balls consistent in all categories instead of long ball only 

5 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

£120k / week it was. Had to recall him in January due to the injury crisis. I had a look at Manolas in that save but I believe he had Competitive Streak which I didn't like, and also either Brings Ball Out or Tries To Play Out despite having 9 Technique. I only spotted Rugani after Madrid had snapped him up. Had De Ligt, but I know I'll end up having an Ajax save so probably not going to buy any of their youngsters. Milinkovic-Savic would probably be my ideal 3rd CM to go behind Pogba and Kanté but ahead of Fred in the pecking order, but Kanté's the most important one to get as he was an absolute beast for me.

I play 2 x SV-Su so Pogba should have plenty of opportunities, so kinda pleased to hear that. 

This is my planned 2019/20 squad (italics for signings, 1st / 2nd refers to the transfer windows I'll try to move for them). Of course plans can change, for example if Shaw is too injury prone Chilwell becomes the target. Januzaj an option to backup Mata, likewise SMS behind Kanté. Ousmane Dembele would probably be an even better option than Sessegnon for the W-At with "Cuts Inside" trait at LM too but would be pricey. 

GK: De Gea / Rulli (2nd)

RB: Dalot / Sidibe (2nd)

RCB: Lindelöf / Tuanzebe

LCB: Dias (2nd) / Rugani (1st)

LB: Tierney (1st) / Shaw

RDM: Kanté (1st) / Fosu-Mensah

LDM: Pogba / Fred

RM: Mata / Pereira

LM: Sessegnon (1st?) / Lingard

RST: Rashford / Greenwood

LST: Martial / Memphis (2nd)

He's known for his rash tackling I guess but as a "cover" role barely makes a mistake next to bailly even though their max rating together is only a "decent relationship" or whatever the yellow line means. I kinda have 2 different types next to each other, bailly lindelof and manolas and bailly. Jones as back up but really want tuanzabe back, made him into a God in older fm's, hurts me to see him and fosu crashing on loan for a year. Fair enough, I tend to buy quick, mentally tough CB's, always overlooked ruben dias for some reason, maybe because I buy a lot of portugese players and needed to tone them down, wonderkid central in portugal. Kante as a box to box or ball winner? could imagine him doing both well but sitting deep screen the back or even next to in your 2 man mid would be balsy. Maybe try unsettling him around the 2nd season or 3rd mark, his mental attributes let him down to be selfish so be wary of teams like bayern and city 

1 hour ago, BigV said:

He's known for his rash tackling I guess but as a "cover" role barely makes a mistake next to bailly even though their max rating together is only a "decent relationship" or whatever the yellow line means. I kinda have 2 different types next to each other, bailly lindelof and manolas and bailly. Jones as back up but really want tuanzabe back, made him into a God in older fm's, hurts me to see him and fosu crashing on loan for a year. Fair enough, I tend to buy quick, mentally tough CB's, always overlooked ruben dias for some reason, maybe because I buy a lot of portugese players and needed to tone them down, wonderkid central in portugal. Kante as a box to box or ball winner? could imagine him doing both well but sitting deep screen the back or even next to in your 2 man mid would be balsy. Maybe try unsettling him around the 2nd season or 3rd mark, his mental attributes let him down to be selfish so be wary of teams like bayern and city 

He's certainly not someone I'm discounting completely - I'm going off the vague memory of a scout report here that he was rated as "Competitive Streak". Yeah I had great fun with Lindelof-Bailly as BPD-Co - CD-St partnership on FM18, but now Bailly has injury prone I'm happy to offload him. I think Dias is competitive too but he's just so damn good and so young it seems worth it. 

Kanté is Segundo Volante-Support. I play two of them side by side, its meant to achieve the Fabinho-Bakayoko taking it in turns to either sit deep or go forward. Seemed to work alright, hopefully still will on the updated ME. Yeah the mentals are what's putting me off Dembele, definitely more of a 3rd season signing, but by then I could probably just afford to put Thomas Lemar himself in the "Lemar role". 

Right so coming to the business end of season 2.

We have just had a massive victory of arsenal, beating them 2-0 so the table looks like this.

1879606959_season2sofar.thumb.png.27bed2104934d484d24f5ed8b281407e.png

It's tight, and I think this could go to the last day.

Pogba as you can see has been immense. With Bailly and Lindelöf not having that great of seasons, I paired Kouilbaly with Tuanzebe and they have formed an incredible partnership. But along with those 3, shaw has been excellent getting quite a few assists and Lingard has good especially as I'm training him to play as a pressing forward.

We were terrible again in the domestic cups going out early in both just like the 1st season.

Champs league we won our group and got drawn against Marseille in the 1st knockout round.

So lets try finish the season strong and bring the prem title back home

9 hours ago, zlatanera said:

He's certainly not someone I'm discounting completely - I'm going off the vague memory of a scout report here that he was rated as "Competitive Streak". Yeah I had great fun with Lindelof-Bailly as BPD-Co - CD-St partnership on FM18, but now Bailly has injury prone I'm happy to offload him. I think Dias is competitive too but he's just so damn good and so young it seems worth it. 

Kanté is Segundo Volante-Support. I play two of them side by side, its meant to achieve the Fabinho-Bakayoko taking it in turns to either sit deep or go forward. Seemed to work alright, hopefully still will on the updated ME. Yeah the mentals are what's putting me off Dembele, definitely more of a 3rd season signing, but by then I could probably just afford to put Thomas Lemar himself in the "Lemar role". 

Interesting, yeah it gets annoying when he's like that which is why im hoping for dias or some wonderkid/regen. 

Never seen him used in that situation tbh but hopefully it works out. Yeah the problem is always mental stats for me when buying young players or looking at them but i have a naivety to overlook them most of the time even if rashford and martial are lower in comparison lol. Usually hate less teamwork players aswell because they just want to do it all on their own. His stats are outrageous on my save and his attributes are unreal considering hes young. 

13 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

Cheers, trying to find some good basic back up tactics to compliment my main one.

how do you find the front 4 play in your 4-2-3-1 as when I’ve used it only one of the 4 will ever play well at a time

depends, can usually score from somewhere, a cross or a corner, or a midfielder with score if the front players don't. second season tactics

9C8D6BF4E155F88B3315B93D13305FD4ADC674D3

A18F64E9F7A0755DF1E1571AD24287D1B6B99AF5

55366861381FF7267F0A5C6AA9ACCAD93BAB1664

Strengthened the right wing.

scooped up community shield and battered Huddersfield 2-0 with them having like 1 shot

8F6BD9586ED7EFE21EAEAD88B4951FD2A4C1EC7B

13 hours ago, BigV said:

@b101 Played a few games tonight against bigger opposition. Can safely say the BBM has been toned to its usual expectancy of the role, same with some roles except the full back/wingback roles. I dropped my high attacking line (out of possession) to standard and allowed me to play the way I want, especially on counter and helps with small passing/possession with quicker tempo, didn't really think to use it as an outlet tool. Herrera as a BWM in big games helps alot, the guys a machine and the fact he's all around ability is decent he pitches in with assists and a few goals. He reminds me of what I achieved with schneiderlin and fosu back in my OP save in 17. Also lukaku as a CF-support/attack works great, he holds up well and moves around decently for martial/rashford/sanchez to pitch in on goals. He's got lethal crossing when he goes wide to the left, I think it was mathew, try focus left side and see how it works, pretty decent. Not to mention through balls are working a lot better now, finally seeing mata, pogba and others making chances by small/med/long balls consistent in all categories instead of long ball only 

Great to hear you’re getting the football you want to see! I really want to put Rashford up top as an AF, but just never comes close to Lukaku’s level of efficiency leading the line. Amazed at how well Rom plays actually! Totally agree re: Herrera - I had mentally prepared to sell him in Jan but sold Matic instead as he’s just been so reliable.

13 hours ago, BigV said:

Great to hear you’re getting the football you want to see! I really want to put Rashford up top as an AF, but just never comes close to Lukaku’s level of efficiency leading the line. Amazed at how well Rom plays actually! Totally agree re: Herrera - I had mentally prepared to sell him in Jan but sold Matic instead as he’s just been so reliable.

13 hours ago, BigV said:

Ruben Dias has been class for me. Hard to remember him making any mistakes whilst he's been rotating with Bailly and Kimpembe as our CB pairing. Highly recommended if you can get him away from Benfica for a decent price (always difficult)

FDiP6Zy.jpg

3-5 months  out, but injury after just 4min at the pitch :thdn:

The biggest concern about him is big salary, I tried and tried to sell him but nothing.

Just to say thanks to user who told here that the Andreas Pereira is good at Regista - in bigger matches I switch him from AM(AT) to Regista and he can also make assist and play well.

Edited by milan_manutd

And another thing to think about in CM with Fred grabbing a hat-trick in a 7-0 thrashing of Newcastle. Lukaku with goals 1 and 3, Asensio with the second, Fred with 4, 5 and 6, before new signing Florentino Luis finished things off. CM options now include: Sergej, Pogba, Florentino Luis, Herrera, Fred, Tonali and Garner, so we are pretty well served there! Some absolute crackers in here, but unfortunately the encoding seems to have come out jerky again. Worth sticking with it for Luis' goal at the end!

Edited by b101

4 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

FDiP6Zy.jpg

3-5 months  out, but injury after just 4min at the pitch :thdn:

The biggest concern about him is big salary, I tried and tried to sell him but nothing.

Just to say thanks to user who told here that the Andreas Pereira is good at Regista - in bigger matches I switch him from AM(AT) to Regista and he can also make assist and play well.

The biggest concern for me would be you that you have signed Moreno :lol:.

Sanchez is a pain to sell, I luckily managed to sell him for 40mil but I am having to continue paying about 150k a week of his wages, but it was the only way.

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

The biggest concern for me would be you that you have signed Moreno :lol:.

Sanchez is a pain to sell, I luckily managed to sell him for 40mil but I am having to continue paying about 150k a week of his wages, but it was the only way.

Agree on both... Moreno ffs?!

I've managed to actually get Sanchez playing well, which has helped - he's still sort of blocking off Rashford or Martial, but at least he's not a massive wage drain for nothing at the moment

11 hours ago, b101 said:

Thanks man, I think it only works against teams where they lack speed in defence as rashford takes full opportunities. Lukaku died down for me but after i gave him a talk, he started to play well again. Ima keep matic until end of season and demote cook to DM and get millinkovic-savic as BBM. However, my left side has taken a beating for IF's, martial and sanchez cannot score at all, i have a feeling it's mostly to do with the bugs regarding long shots (making periera look like a God and fred/ especially pogba, 17 goals in 8 games 15 outside the box :cool:) or the lack of central play in general. Have enjoyed seeing the wild games but its alot better experience with the ME than the start of official release. 

13 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

depends, can usually score from somewhere, a cross or a corner, or a midfielder with score if the front players don't. second season tactics

9C8D6BF4E155F88B3315B93D13305FD4ADC674D3

A18F64E9F7A0755DF1E1571AD24287D1B6B99AF5

55366861381FF7267F0A5C6AA9ACCAD93BAB1664

Strengthened the right wing.

scooped up community shield and battered Huddersfield 2-0 with them having like 1 shot

8F6BD9586ED7EFE21EAEAD88B4951FD2A4C1EC7B

Those incomings are insane especially after arthur/kluivert moving. Those outgoings are almost as long term bad decisions lol. Burkart is a money maker after 3 seasons, tyrell and tanner too.