[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

30 minutes ago, b101 said:

Possibly, mostly just him bottling every single one on one though... We have low crosses in, which he can score from, but any through ball that he gets onto he hits straight at the keeper. He did at least score two against Chelsea in the EFL Cup after me having a go at him, but then back to a standard 6.4, missing a sitter against Bournemouth. I really want to play him, but Lukaku is just so much better for me :(

Regarding Joao Felix, he's backup to Asensio at AMC (Attacking Mid (S)), but his versatility was one of the major reasons for getting him. Bournemouth play him at AM in games where they are favourites and CM otherwise - he's scored 4 in 6 so far with two pens.

Yeah I noticed him missing a lot of one-on-ones...but at least he gets highlights when he doesn't score. Lukaku for me has been great, but if he doesn't score or assist he'll not be involved in a highlight.

Yeah he looks like a better version of Pereira in a way (although worse on dead balls). Typically, Arsenal have bid for him before I've received a satisfactory offer for Pogba so I'll probably end up signing him and having too many players.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s 1 February 2019 in my save and I’m very happy with how things are going.

Premier League

1. Manchester United Pld 24 W 19 D 3 L 2 F 73 A 22 GD +51 Pts 60

2. Manchester City.               24      18.   5     1    52    12        +40        59

3. Liverpool 50 pts, 4. Chelsea 49, 5. Tottenham 47, 6. Bournemouth 44, 7. Arsenal 39.

Champions Cup

We won our Group with 10 pts ahead of A. Madrid 8, Hoffenheim also on 8, and Roma 6.

Drawn against Dortmund in the 1st KO Rd.

Carabao Cup

We’ve reached the final where we’ll play Burnley.

3rd Rd Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd

4th Rd Southampton 1-2 Man Utd

QF        Leicester 1-1 Man Utd we won on penalties

SF 1L    Man Utd 3-0 Liverpool

SF 2L.   Liverpool 4-1 Man Utd we won on penalties

FA Cup

3rd Rd Man Utd 3-0 Bournemouth

4th Rd Man Utd 4-1 Liverpool

Drawn away to Man City in the 5th Rd.

Ins

29/6/18 Will Hughes (Watford)

9/8/18   Stefan Savic (A. Madrid)

1/1/19   Kieran Tierney (Celtic)

Outs: Matic (Southampton), Darmian (Fiorentina).

We agreed a deal with West Ham for Valencia in late January, but he turned them down.

Four clubs were interested in Rojo but he picked up a training ground injury mid-January (5-6 weeks out) and nobody would bid for him due to his injury.

Tactics

I couldn’t get Lukaku or Rashford firing as the lone striker but they’re on fire in a 4-2-2Wide-2 Gegenpress.

Goal scorers: Lukaku 21, Rashford 17, Martial 16, Lingard 11.

Assists: Lingard 15, Pogba 9, Shaw 6, Rashford 6, Martial 5, Young 5.

Av Rating: Lukaku 7.53, Bailly 7.44, Tierney 7.40, Mata 7.35, Dalot 7.33, Martial 7.29, Savic 7.29, Young 7.25, Shaw 7.24, Pogba 7.24, Lingard 7.23, Fred 7.21, Rashford 7.15, Hughes 7.10, De Gea 7.07, Fellaini 7.05, Valencia 7.02, Sanchez 6.98.

Edited by Stuniverse

15 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Sergej Milinkovic Savic joined for £80m,

so I have submitted a transfer bid for Kieran Tierney for £50m(£15m upfront and the rest in instalments).

Milinkovic-Savic and Tierney are absolute bosses. 

8 hours ago, b101 said:

I see your Asensio and raise you a Pogba  :D 

This is mine :) 

Pogba1.png

Dybala is available on a free at the age of 30 - weighing up if I want him for a couple of seasons. 

Edited by xenqi

38 minutes ago, xenqi said:

has anyone seen older regens?
this guy is 28 and has only been in game for 1+ seasons?

KF1.png

KF2.png

Can happen if you added the league later in the save? The game then creates extra players to make up the numbers

7 minutes ago, b101 said:

Can happen if you added the league later in the save? The game then creates extra players to make up the numbers

oh yeah true, I added France late as I wanted to see how PSG would fair; also easier to monitor my players out on loan to France (have an affiliate there).

I'm just curious. Is it possible to control possession, so to speak, with a more direct, higher tempo style of play?

I've tried it out a few times. In my last game at home against Burnley, I ran out 4-0 winners playing Standard passing + Higher Tempo. I had Pass Into Space on for a little while, then disabled it. I created a lot of chances, and averaged about 56% possession, until the 4th goal went in, and suddenly they were firing in chances, and I ended my match with 51% possession. This makes me think it wouldn't be too great and see them dominate me a little, possession-wise, at home.

I also played an away match at Newcastle, same tactic, but only had 39% possession, running out 2-0 winners.

I want to control possession, as it's more or less part of my ethos, and I want to create a style, that attacks the opponent constantly and controls the game, similar to the United of old, and one would say, now.

It's always confused me. Is it even possible to play more direct while controlling the game? Again, the United of old did this, so I wouldn't understand why it isn't possible.

Also, what is the correlation between all the TI's? If I play "Shorter Passing" with a "Higher Tempo", should I then disable "Work Ball Into Box"? Can I play at a "High Tempo" with "Shorter Passing", or is that contradictory to "game mechanics"?

Also, how does "Pass Into Space" work? I've always found it rather ineffective in my tactics, and have reverted to having it off.

4 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

I'm just curious. Is it possible to control possession, so to speak, with a more direct, higher tempo style of play?

I've tried it out a few times. In my last game at home against Burnley, I ran out 4-0 winners playing Standard passing + Higher Tempo. I had Pass Into Space on for a little while, then disabled it. I created a lot of chances, and averaged about 56% possession, until the 4th goal went in, and suddenly they were firing in chances, and I ended my match with 51% possession. This makes me think it wouldn't be too great and see them dominate me a little, possession-wise, at home.

I also played an away match at Newcastle, same tactic, but only had 39% possession, running out 2-0 winners.

I want to control possession, as it's more or less part of my ethos, and I want to create a style, that attacks the opponent constantly and controls the game, similar to the United of old, and one would say, now.

It's always confused me. Is it even possible to play more direct while controlling the game? Again, the United of old did this, so I wouldn't understand why it isn't possible.

Also, what is the correlation between all the TI's? If I play "Shorter Passing" with a "Higher Tempo", should I then disable "Work Ball Into Box"? Can I play at a "High Tempo" with "Shorter Passing", or is that contradictory to "game mechanics"?

Also, how does "Pass Into Space" work? I've always found it rather ineffective in my tactics, and have reverted to having it off.

It is possible and somehow i'm doing it under false pretences of the ME. It also means looking at formations too, usually an extra midfield player helps a lot- having a 3 man mid keeps possession but less likely to attack in such a manner as a CAM player would do unless on attack duty. I believe the 4-5-1 is heavily possession based but you'd need to attack and play shorter passing to keep the level of intensity up along with being solid defensively. 

I've always been in awe about the direct passing as there's too many uses of the word "direct" but in this case I believe it is "long ball" which works very well to running wingers. 

You see when I first got the game I tried this and it was awful even when dominating but away games were dreadful losing possession. Now not so much. I wouldn't say disable work the ball in the box with high tempo and short passing simply cause if shooting from afar isn't working then working it in usually works. I use short passing with him tempo with the width being "fairly wide", I think the game mechanics works well when they're narrow much like near each other BUT being fairly wide helps CM's create that space inside vertical lines to thread passes and stretch the game. The thing is I've tested similar to what you want and didn't work a lot but since I dropped my engagement line to standard and had a high defensive line it seemed to force my oppositions defence to move forward to be susceptible  for long balls or for someone like rashford/martial/lingard to run on to (pass into space). My tactic works great in counter attacking situations so having both possession and off the ball is a balance in my opinion. 

I dunno if it works but I keep it on at all times unless it's against park the bus oppositions. And it works for me, I think they depend on the roles too, as you expect playmakers to do those balls but others less frequently. What tactics are you using so a more theoretical view is visible? I can send you mine later or when I next go on to show how well it works but as I said the ME with shooting long balls is an issue along with striker movement. 

I got a problem here, I've played 29 games this season including away to Man City and yet on my schedule I still have 10 games to play including 2 at home to City.

What the hell?

Edit,the phantom fixture has gone now after I went to a couple of other screens and advanced the game.How bloody weird was that!!

Edited by axehan1
extra game

So after signing Lewandowski in the 3rd season, it threw the whole balance of my team out and kind of ruined the team for me.

Being a Man Utd fan I have to get the feel of the team right otherwise I struggle to find the motivation to carry on, that's sometimes the problem with playing as the team you support.

So saying that I have started again. To be fair most the players I want out will be the same and I still plan to bring in a couple of the same players like Koulibaly, but I just needed to start again and not make the silly signings.

Sorted the staff 1st as always.

staff.thumb.png.92b49572450ffd879a23adf6786143d4.png

I plan to change my assistant from Steve Holland to Mike Phelan after the 1st season, but he has only just joined an Aussie team so have to wait.

Transfer wise just like last time I didn't buy anyone as wanted to keep the team mainly the same as IRL for the 1st season. I did sell Darmain though for 10mil, and also loaned Gomes and Chong out.

I have progressed quite quickly and am already in December and here's the table.

1667066840_leaguesofarseason1.thumb.png.0d027a9f7318d2868b222d0c213d99dd.png

We have struggled for goals a little though and that has been our issue, and one of our losses was a 1-0 to Leicester where De Gea scored a 90th min own goal from a back pass, which was painful to watch.

But we are in the semi final of the carabao cup, got drawn against Man city, with Fulham blackburn the other semi.

We also finished 2nd in our champs league group, finishing level on points with Bayern. The draw was kind though and have been given Galatasaray in the next round.

Edited by sedge11

8 hours ago, sedge11 said:

So after signing Lewandowski in the 3rd season, it threw the whole balance of my team out and kind of ruined the team for me.

Being a Man Utd fan I have to get the feel of the team right otherwise I struggle to find the motivation to carry on, that's sometimes the problem with playing as the team you support.

Yeah, this is pretty much why i never get past the 3rd season, I cant help myself, and before long it doesnt feel like Utd any more. Its not helped when the team really needs a damn good clean-out IRL.
I feel like if i started again, i'd probably have a better idea what i want, but still end up going down that slippery slope of only having 3-4 essential Utd players still at the club.

I think when my 4th summer arrives i'll be selling Asensio, Lukaku & Herrera and not bringing anyone else in. I just dont feel like i see much from Asensio in the match highlights, he's just cover for Alli. Lukaku is 3rd choice, even with 1 goal per 90min from 12 appearances (6+6). Herrera isnt getting games now, and im even struggling to give players like de Jong starts. It wasnt an issue when i had 3 CM spots to fill, but introducing an AM for Alli & Asensio means i have issues giving everyone starts (Pogba, Herrera, de Jong, Savic, Fernandes & Dier).
This should mean i can bring in Gomes, Greenwood & Garner who wont complain, and reintroduces some Utd players into the squad.
I also might offload Milenkovic who's 4th choice CB and doing a good enough job, and bring through a newgen i brought in recently. I've never actually took a game to a point where ive used newgens/regens, rarely even bothered looking into them because i lose interest in the game by then.

Season 1 - 2018/19

Won the EFL Cup, FA Cup and Premier League. Lost the Champions League final:

EFL Cup:

13zx2fb.png

FA Cup:

Results like this shouldn't happen IMO, certainly not in cup finals. 8-0 is ridiculous, but not much you can do when most of the goals are from throw-ins, corners and long shots. Hardly any satisfaction in this. 1 clear cut chance, but 8 goals!

2hzodb5.png

Premier League:

Title wrapped up by game 31, far too easy.

67toxk.png

Our u23's and 18's also won their leagues:

69iz9j.png

24e7s08.png

Champions League:

Made the final, after some bizarre high scoring wins (9-0 and a 10-1 in the group stage, 6-0 and 4-0 (v Barcelona away) in the knock outs. 3-0 up against Liverpool, lost 4-3. Savic was sent off, and after the 74th minute it felt inevitable that Liverpool would pull it back despite nothing from them in the first 74 minutes of the game - everything I tried just didn't stop them making it 3-3 but scoring the winner in extra time. Lukaku had a dubious goal ruled out for offside in the 119th minute. Without the red card, 100% we'd have won.

You guessed it, all three of Shaqiri and Keita's goals were all from outside the box.

vrsmfq.png

Given the nature of how easy this season was, I think I'll try a new tactic for next season, to try and eradicate the buggy goals tactically (long shots, throw-ins and corners), but I fear it's just in the make up of the current patch.

Edited by stevemc

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Given the nature of how easy this season was, I think I'll try a new tactic for next season, to try and eradicate the buggy goals tactically (long shots, throw-ins and corners), but I fear it's just in the make up of the current patch.

The goals from long shots and corners aren't anything to do with a buggy tactic, its the nature of the ME at the moment. To be fair though long shots were dreadful in fm18, they have obviously just over tweaked it.

But it is still possible to get good football from the ME, I started again and after struggling for goals, I tweaked my tactics and scored a few really nice goals from some good flowing football. I did try recording one but it didn't seem to upload.

9 hours ago, PaulC2K said:

Yeah, this is pretty much why i never get past the 3rd season, I cant help myself, and before long it doesnt feel like Utd any more. Its not helped when the team really needs a damn good clean-out IRL.
I feel like if i started again, i'd probably have a better idea what i want, but still end up going down that slippery slope of only having 3-4 essential Utd players still at the club.

I think when my 4th summer arrives i'll be selling Asensio, Lukaku & Herrera and not bringing anyone else in. I just dont feel like i see much from Asensio in the match highlights, he's just cover for Alli. Lukaku is 3rd choice, even with 1 goal per 90min from 12 appearances (6+6). Herrera isnt getting games now, and im even struggling to give players like de Jong starts. It wasnt an issue when i had 3 CM spots to fill, but introducing an AM for Alli & Asensio means i have issues giving everyone starts (Pogba, Herrera, de Jong, Savic, Fernandes & Dier).
This should mean i can bring in Gomes, Greenwood & Garner who wont complain, and reintroduces some Utd players into the squad.
I also might offload Milenkovic who's 4th choice CB and doing a good enough job, and bring through a newgen i brought in recently. I've never actually took a game to a point where ive used newgens/regens, rarely even bothered looking into them because i lose interest in the game by then.

Yea exactly why I started again really, as I now have a better idea and feel of what I want and hopefully won't make the same mistakes. I usually have 2 cracks at having a man utd save anyway.

The Lewandowski signing meant I couldn't really play Rashford up front as much, as I always planned on having him no1 striker, plus I then had to send Greenwood out on loan, probably picked the wrong team to loan him too and he wasn't playing much so that's when I knew couldn't carry the save on.

I know what you mean about the newgens as well, I like to try and do 6-8 seasons on my man utd saves, and just in general on all saves, but I don't really use many newgens, will use a couple usually ones that come through the youth intakes but don't overload the team with them. I'm not one of these that just buys all the best 16-17 year old newgens, or wonderkids that everyone buys and then just ignores the RL young players either. I tend to find newgens can be really easy to develop, which similar to you is when I lose interest, I don't mind developing one or 2 but when you have a whole team of world class newgens, that's when have to stop. 

I find it much more satisfying developing the real youngsters like Gomes, Greenwood, Laird etc and making them great players, which is very possible if spend the time and effort into them, and maybe spread one or newgens around them and that's what makes my save last longer. 

Plus I like to keep to Man utd traditions of developing players through the youth systems.

Edited by sedge11

How about this for a transfer window, the outs are so long that it goes over two screenshots :D

2a5nl2d.png

10ndquv.png

I didn't want to sell Eric Bailly, but he wanted to leave for PSG so in came Ruben Dias as a replacement as my first choice Milan Skriniar chose to go to Man City.

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

How about this for a transfer window, the outs are so long that it goes over two screenshots :D

2a5nl2d.png

10ndquv.png

I didn't want to sell Eric Bailly, but he wanted to leave for PSG so in came Ruben Dias as a replacement as my first choice Milan Skriniar chose to go to Man City.

Wow that's a lot of players out.

Surprised you got Kane and Hazard that cheap, I've seen Kane go for double that in some people's saves.

9 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Wow that's a lot of players out.

Surprised you got Kane and Hazard that cheap, I've seen Kane go for double that in some people's saves.

They sacked Poch and got Pep in, who got sacked by City. Kane fell out with Pep and handed in a transfer request!

Hazard didn't sign a new contract and only had a year left.

On 31/12/2018 at 19:42, sedge11 said:

So saying that I have started again. To be fair most the players I want out will be the same and I still plan to bring in a couple of the same players like Koulibaly, but I just needed to start again and not make the silly signings.

Sorted the staff 1st as always.

staff.thumb.png.92b49572450ffd879a23adf6786143d4.png

I plan to change my assistant from Steve Holland to Mike Phelan after the 1st season, but he has only just joined an Aussie team so have to wait.

Transfer wise just like last time I didn't buy anyone as wanted to keep the team mainly the same as IRL for the 1st season. I did sell Darmain though for 10mil, and also loaned Gomes and Chong out.

I have progressed quite quickly and am already in December and here's the table.

1667066840_leaguesofarseason1.thumb.png.0d027a9f7318d2868b222d0c213d99dd.png

We have struggled for goals a little though and that has been our issue, and one of our losses was a 1-0 to Leicester where De Gea scored a 90th min own goal from a back pass, which was painful to watch.

But we are in the semi final of the carabao cup, got drawn against Man city, with Fulham blackburn the other semi.

We also finished 2nd in our champs league group, finishing level on points with Bayern. The draw was kind though and have been given Galatasaray in the next round.

How you set up 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1?

I tend to sign De Ligt and Tierney before another club jumps in to sign or their club asking price shoots up 

I managed to beat Liverpool in the Community Shield, as some sort of revenge from last season:

2jg5854.png

Then a total mis-match for the opening game of the season against newly promoted Stoke City:

2hezodt.png

The Champions League has thrown up a tough group though...

jtoppx.png

7 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

How you set up 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1?

I tend to sign De Ligt and Tierney before another club jumps in to sign or their club asking price shoots up 

I use a 4-1-2-3 Dm formation as my main one and a 4-2-3-1 as well, I have since tweaked them both since that post and it has been better, but Lukaku has been abit of a struggle this time round.

Yea I decided not to buy anyone in the 1st season, just see what can do with the squad that's there, until I could sell all the players I want rid of. I do now however have Koulibaly coming in for the 2nd season, got that deal done early.

Yea I do like De Ligt and Tierney, but Shaw is always quality for me, plus because I see everyone buys them players it puts me off them.

10 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

do kind of like Pereira on my united save, not as effective on my Hull save though :( all you lot playing Dalot... I loan him out and stick with Darmian because for some reason, he is effective.

I noticed darmian does really well at wing back support, ngl when he has played at wingback at united and italy he does well although he's more the conservative one with a few crosses which he does so rarely as a fullback. 

Pereira is awesome on mine cause his long shots are lethal (ME issue) and hes a good playmaker on attack, makes alot of good balls. I think dalot is young and you can expect to get him up to scratch in half a season for a great prem player, Ive just started a new save again and sold valencia in jan where he's rotated with sidibe and he works wonders. However, his pace is what lets him down but give him a season or 2 and he'll fight for that huge spot. 

is anyone else finding it really difficult this year?  i mean tactically. was never much good with tactics and i was led to believe that this edition had been simplified yet i still have no idea how to create a tactic to my liking. i either dont score enough or just concede for fun. im not blaming the ME as i am aware its my tactics. any advice from you fellow devils?  

with the roles and team instructions i am just baffled by it all. 

i love a good old fashioned 442 along with a 442 diamond. 

if someone can tell me how to take a scrrenshot i will show what i have so far

58 minutes ago, the SLC said:

is anyone else finding it really difficult this year?

actually, it's been relatively easy with managing United once you get some players in (or keep the original, if that's what you like).
I use a vertical tiki-taka 4-1-4-1 formation and rarely lose. 

12 minutes ago, xenqi said:

actually, it's been relatively easy with managing United once you get some players in (or keep the original, if that's what you like).
I use a vertical tiki-taka 4-1-4-1 formation and rarely lose. 

can you post your tactic team instructions so i can use as a reference?

9 minutes ago, the SLC said:

can you post your tactic team instructions so i can use as a reference?

posted - I'm still tweaking it though as I'm not fully pleased with it. 
my striker isn't scoring as many goals as I would like - most of my goals come from my midfielders. 

tactic1.png

tactic2.png

tactic3.png

Edited by xenqi

7 minutes ago, the SLC said:

how are you taking the screen shots?

Press "Prt sc" on your laptop/pc and paste it onto a software where you can save and post it. I personally paste it to "paint" and save it and then where it says " Drag files here to attack or choose files..." drag it or upload it when you reply

15 minutes ago, xenqi said:

started a new save - and this happens midway through season 1.

Klopp sacked.png

Not so bad. I've already had Poch sacked by Spurs, Emery by Arsenal, Puel by Leicester, Sarri by Chelsea, Kovac by Bayern, all before the midway point, and Pellegrini is about to be sacked by West Ham for being 18th in the league after 23 games. 

27 minutes ago, xenqi said:

started a new save - and this happens midway through season 1.

Klopp sacked.png

In mine, Guardiola was sacked by City at the end of the 1st season (thought it seemed harsh as they finished 4th, but me and Liverpool had about 20 points on them at the top). Klopp took over from him. Then Liverpool hired Guardiola! 

At the end of season two I manage to win FA Cup and Champions League, but Liverpool is far more better with 93p and 113:31 goal difference.

The biggest problem is that I can't sell almost anyone. Matic left to Napoli for 35mil £ and I bought Leandro Paredes for 20.

Bailly have problems wih WP because of lower coefficient of Ivory Coast?!?! He's been playing for 4 season in UK and have only 300 days  to gain nationality but NO his WP can't be renewed.

Btw nobody mention Julian Brandt from Leverkuzen or Aouar from Lyon. I bought them, Brandt works just fine in FM 18 and I like Aouar in RL and just wanted to give him a chance. Someone can post ss from your save to see how they progress.

16 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

do kind of like Pereira on my united save, not as effective on my Hull save though :( all you lot playing Dalot... I loan him out and stick with Darmian because for some reason, he is effective.

I played Dalot in the first season, here's his stats:

29wpdah.png

3 hours ago, the SLC said:

image.thumb.png.2efed96fc0ddf36cac076649e9270ae0.png

this is the system im using. its very basic as you can see. the idea is the wingers just supply the forwards. with some late runners in the AP .

What exactly are you stuck with? I can see that having martial as a winger on attack is very poor as he's right footed and can't cross. Periera on attack is a poor choice too as you're leaving your mid wide open so it maybe better to use a playmaker on support or deep lying. My opinion would would be rotate martial with lukaku as a poacher/ advance forward. Ball winner as a defend is far too defensive and would leave your mid wide open when against opposition where there's too much for you too handle. Put your full backs on support too, don't use wing backs because your defence will be overran at every chance leaving your mid and wide sections open at most times. 

It seems like i just can't lose games in the league on this save.

First season league table + the games iv played so far in the second season.

It is close to being boring in the league atm, might just give up on this and give myself a harder challenge if i win CL this year.

54 wins.png

Second season schedule.png

League.png

1 hour ago, BigV said:

What exactly are you stuck with? I can see that having martial as a winger on attack is very poor as he's right footed and can't cross. Periera on attack is a poor choice too as you're leaving your mid wide open so it maybe better to use a playmaker on support or deep lying. My opinion would would be rotate martial with lukaku as a poacher/ advance forward. Ball winner as a defend is far too defensive and would leave your mid wide open when against opposition where there's too much for you too handle. Put your full backs on support too, don't use wing backs because your defence will be overran at every chance leaving your mid and wide sections open at most times. 

martial usually plays as the poacher with lukaku as target man.  periera usually plays as the left winger.  reason i used an AP with attack duty was to move forward and link up with the poacher. unsure what to do with the BWM as in what other role could i use?

6 hours ago, BigV said:

Press "Prt sc" on your laptop/pc and paste it onto a software where you can save and post it. I personally paste it to "paint" and save it and then where it says " Drag files here to attack or choose files..." drag it or upload it when you reply

Or just use Alt+F9 and goes straight to the folder in documents...

1 hour ago, the SLC said:

martial usually plays as the poacher with lukaku as target man.  periera usually plays as the left winger.  reason i used an AP with attack duty was to move forward and link up with the poacher. unsure what to do with the BWM as in what other role could i use?

Okay my suggestion would be use a deep-lying playmaker on support (pogba/fred/herrera) and a Ball winner-D/S (depending on game) using herrera/fred/matic/fellani. If you're gonna go with a ball winner then go with a BBM/ any playmaker role on support. You've not really given what you want apart from wide play. Maybe use the default setting of wing play and try and tweak/look how the default is set up. It's basic but it works in terms of building knowledge and what you want/expect to see. 

7 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Or just use Alt+F9 and goes straight to the folder in documents

Takes longer to get to, not to mention my documents is bombarded with university stuff so it takes ages to find what I need. I'd rather post it to desktop and upload within 2 seconds... 

Well we have struggled for goals for most of the 1st season but I made some tweaks to my tactic and now the goals are suddenly flowing.

1876931422_tactictweak.thumb.png.7c70facf5914a835317b5eedb3457103.png

Am using the 4-2-3-1 as my main tactic now instead of the 4-1-2-3.

I took away the higher tempo and work the ball into the box, and instead added play low crosses and play out of defence. Also added the counter press and higher engagement line.

Have since scored 12 goals in 4 games, beating Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG in that time. Also Lukaku who has struggled all season with our goal struggles has now scored 7 of the 12.

Sadly too late to win the league title, as Liverpool look like winning that, but we are now in the fa cup final, and have 1 foot in the champs league semi final.

46 minutes ago, the SLC said:

when i use the alt f9 option all that happens is my screen goes black then to get my screen back on i have to press alt f9 again

That's odd. Never heard of that to happen

1 hour ago, BigV said:

Takes longer to get to, not to mention my documents is bombarded with university stuff so it takes ages to find what I need. I'd rather post it to desktop and upload within 2 seconds... 

But your still uploading to a site to then get it to the desktop which would take longer imo