[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

30 minutes ago, calcal said:

I am currently in October first season, Sitting 3rd 3 points off Chelsea and Arsenal who are on equal points, City are 4th 3 points behind me! (Liverpool 12th :lol:)

Transfer wise - 

In - De Ligt (59m Chelsea were in for him so it bumped up the price!!) Tierney (23m) Arp (15m joining in January)

Out - Jones (5.75m to Watford, literally couldn't get anything for him!) Darmian (8.76m same problem) McTominay(on loan to Celtic getting lots of minutes and bossing the SPL) Rojo (Loan to Espanyol).

I am playing 4-2-3-1 with Pogba as RPM usually paired with Matic, Defence i have been more than happy with Lindelof and De Ligt as the starting pair both as BPDs and playing well.
Really  not a fan of Lukaku, he will be off in January so I have been starting Rashford up top and he has 7 goals and 3 assists in 9 starts. I have Mason Greenwood and Chong in the first team squad for training and they are both available for the U23s, Greenwood has 2 in 2!

Will post screenshots soon and keep the thread updated! Think this will be my one and only save bar maybe an England save so I will be around a lot! Good luck everyone :) 

Think it will be difficult to blend in Lukaku as a lone striker. However, if you pair him up a more advanced striker (AF/CF to his TM), he can be beastly. 21 Goals in 23 or so games for me, although, lesser assists than last year. Think it's a change in how players move that he finds it difficult to lay off balls for his teammates/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Sherkey said:

Think it will be difficult to blend in Lukaku as a lone striker. However, if you pair him up a more advanced striker (AF/CF to his TM), he can be beastly. 21 Goals in 23 or so games for me, although, lesser assists than last year. Think it's a change in how players move that he finds it difficult to lay off balls for his teammates/

I think I am just tactically stubborn in a way! haha

Rashford is leading the line and delivering so far, I say that but just got beat 2-0 to City :mad: 

Currently halfway through my first season with United. Had some troubles during pre-season with setting up a good tactic and all players still on holiday. I even lost our first friendly 0-7 against some Chinese side. Did finally play a 4-3-3 wide possession or a 4-2-3-1 deep (based on Cleon's segundo volante from last year) and am currently in 2nd place, level on points with Liverpool. No real surprises in the table other than Spurs being 9th and already having sacked Poch.

909295413_Screenshot2018-11-04at21_31_01.thumb.png.b6e56a00ab44d999511e19095f30bb0a.png

As for transfers, first the staff: I hired Markus von Ahlen as my assistant manager (tried for Rui Faria, but he didn't want to come) and Matthias Sammer as DoF, both for some efficient German professionalism :-)

On the player side, I got in Tierney as backup LB for 24M euros and Saúl Ñíguez for 60M (paid largely in installments) to strengthen the midfield. Managed to sell Darmian (15M) and Fellaini (20M) in the summer, and Young, Jones and Rojo will probably leave during the winter.

The team has been effective, but should be scoring more goals. Lukaku was out for some time with an injury and the current top scorer in my team is Fred with 10 goals from 15(7) matches. Best player according to ratings is Chris Smalling of all people. He's keeping Bailly out of the team currently!  I don't know if I need to strengthen my attack in the winter transfer window, or that I should have faith in Lingard and try to bring Chong and Greenwood through. Will probably depend which players will end up on the transfer list and are too good to pass up.

January transfer window and I have managed to buy my 2 targets.

gHUV8yb.jpg?1

We had a dodgy patch late November, early December losing 3 league games in a row but have since had 5 or 6 wins on the bounce to be 8 pts clear

T6OM8ir.jpg?1

Pep has just been sacked by City who are lying 1 place below Southampton.

The 3rd round of the FA Cup had us drawn at home to Maidstone United.

hrpR74u.jpg?1

3 goals for Chong and 4 for Rashford who after 15 games without a goal has now scored something like 7 in 5.

So we're sitting pretty in the league and have Valencia in he 1st knockout round of the Champions league.I'm hopeful of 2 or 3 trophies come the end of the season.

On 05/11/2018 at 13:23, Sherkey said:

It is pretty easy to implement Lukaku as a lone striker, just got to have the right set up behind him. I started with him up on his own and he was firing them in, only reason I changed formations was because I had too many attackers that I wanted to play so I set up kinda how United played in 08, Greenwood was my Ronaldo, Lukaku was Rooney and Martial was Tevez. Rashrof came in for either of them, as did Burkhart. I lost that save as the demo just disappeared from from my steam account as did all my tactics and saves for some reason. But I have the full game now so will probably start the save again

I am having an absolute disaster second half of the season!! Changed to a 3 at the back system and it seemed to be going well, Until...

The end of January/Start of February and its all gone Pete Tong, Knocked out the FA Cup in a 5th round replay on pens to Everton, Slipped away in the league currently battling with Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool for 3rd and 4th, City all but won the league with 7 games to play they are so far ahead. Topped my Champions League group and got Roma in the 1st knockout round, 1st leg in Rome I scraped a 1-0 only to lose 2-1 at OT and go out on away goals! :idiot:

Be lucky to keep the job come the Summer!

So after losing my demo save, I have bought the game and started a new one. Just come up to the end of the 1st transfer window and I have done these transfer dealings:

Out:-

Lingard - Arsenal 46.5m
Smalling - Monaco 21.5m
Darmian - Sassulo 5.75m
Young - Newcastle 1.7m
I tried to get rid of Fellaini and Sanchez but no one wanted them annoyingly.

In:-

Antonio Marin - Dinamo 4.6m after clauses
Victor Nelsson - FC Nordsjelland 6.5m after clause  - A potentially good young CB
Tyler Adams - New York 6m after clauses - Nicky Butt signed both him and Nelsson.
Eden Hazard - 180m after clauses, ok so I don't need him and now I have far too many players up top, but I saw he rejected a new contract and just pounced without thinking bout it haha

I have also called up these players from the u23 and u19s:-

Ethan Laird
James Garner
Aliou Traore
Ethan Hamilton
Angel Gomes
Tahith Chong
Mason Greenwood.

The squad has a lot of depth and plenty of youngsters to start bedding in for the future. Now I have to work out a tactic  to make the most of this attacking squad. 

Hopefully I won't lose this save this time or this has been a lot of work and time for nothing. Anyone know what is the point of the cloud on FM as it seems to be pointless

How can i make my wingers play better? I play in a 4-1-2-2-1, gegenpress, and the LW and RW are inside forwards-support (no PIs). Obviously i know that this are related to the players (Martial, Sanchez, Sancho and Mata), but i want they participate more, make assists and finish too. What PIs you usually choose?

3 hours ago, hbsssj said:

How can i make my wingers play better? I play in a 4-1-2-2-1, gegenpress, and the LW and RW are inside forwards-support (no PIs). Obviously i know that this are related to the players (Martial, Sanchez, Sancho and Mata), but i want they participate more, make assists and finish too. What PIs you usually choose?

I would use Sancho and Mata on the right as Adv PM's and Martial and Sanchez on the left as Inside Forwards(sit narrow so they connect with the striker) on attack duty.Play a roaming playmaker as one of your 2 in midfield.

I've just hit Jan 1st in my second season and what a season it has been so far, my team have dug deep so many times to come back from goals down to get victorys, we're unbeaten in everything since our loss to Liverpool in the Community Shield. Its us and Liverpool steamrolling the league and despite just beating them 3-2 at OT I am struggling to shake them off, if they were not in such red hot form I would be cruising the league. We're really not scoring alot in alot of these games but my defensive seems to be super solid in general so I am happy enough.

I made a post earlier at the start of the season and I had all my transfer dealings in there, but i bought Belotti on the last day of the transfer window for extra power up front and hes been doing pretty damn good.

Rashford is just so good, below are the current season stats of my best performers, Dalot and Tierney are just so good as Wing backs.

305219951_statsforplayersjan1stseason2.thumb.png.4f5be547468963e86ac5f3c540e74cc0.png

Season results so far, had some amazing end to end games with Spurs and Bayern, won both away with a high amount of goals going in. Rashford bagging a Hatrick against Spurs and then putting two away against Bayern.

2100576757_resultsjan1stseason2.thumb.png.a7854466adb61833ac3eaf42c5b18a2f.png

653505102_resultsjan1stseason2x2.thumb.png.a8b2bccf38513f306d9bb981013b93bc.png

League stats so farm Kane leading the goals followed by Belotti, thought Tierney had more assists than that in the league but hes got as many as Kovacic, whos at Liverpool and they have a pretty strong squad this season too.

2087164506_statsjan1stseason2.thumb.png.e925be5994fb9da4f84953130a990f52.png

I just gave Liverpool there second loss of the season, so I have a tiny bit of breathing room now after the Xmas period. I drew Dortmund in the Knock out phase of the UCL. Should be easy enough they are 11th in the Bundesliga.

1095179370_leaguetablejan1stseason2.thumb.png.9c7d842b70e18e3b00d50590406d3920.png

Strongest line up right now is below. Short passing and give exclusive creative freedom to Savic, Pogba and Luis Alberto.

721154130_tacticsjan1stseason2.thumb.png.00d116813bba25a8ebda1c1a28d06f7b.png

Edited by Verby

So, I'm in April, and coming to the business end of my save. So far, it has been smooth sailing in all competitions. The Premier League was down to the wire, I have 5 games left, and the winner is still not decided. 

image.thumb.png.eace31d1974de764173d9bfb9a03f234.png

Initially, it was Chelsea who was the pace setter, then I managed to overtake them. Arsenal kept on my heels for most of the season after that, along with City and Tottenham, until they dropped. Tottenham suffered from a couple of bad defeats against lower ranked teams, allowing me to set a healthy pace. Additionally, I'm in the final of the FA Cup, and the semi final of the Champions League, but the problem is who I'm facing next.

image.thumb.png.b5c0a852654aa8b15cafc78126af6147.pngimage.thumb.png.bec790d1f3f1dc9eb77218c39b306f1c.pngimage.thumb.png.caf6d82dd88ac4e8c61a360ea0d6566a.png  

So, this is a rather strong season, and ideally, I should be looking to win all three competitions, but the clincher comes here

image.thumb.png.a836d53d34ace12ec9c744b8c92853f9.png

All tremendously strong teams, and most of them away (Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Barca). I reckon I need two wins to cement the league, so I need wins against Huddersfield, West Ham, Brighton, which should be manageable. Barca are in free-scoring form, so need to see what can come of that.

In terms of tactics, this is among my strongest 11. 

image.thumb.png.9f547c4cd826154989994e434625afc0.pngimage.thumb.png.e2b9fc59e43fb6fdbaf5c6bdeeca2ca1.pngimage.thumb.png.ecc6668fda5e97869a7c95c96d3f07f5.png 

The transfers I've made, and who are coming in the second year.

image.thumb.png.1e5a25d8a4f45afaf5e781b79989fcd8.pngimage.thumb.png.b6222ae52e4c5a5a9fbf798af87308ff.png 

Romero, Young, Matic, Almiron, Jones, Valencia will all be sold/gone. Considering selling one of Herrera and Fred too.

@Sherkey How have you confirmed £414m worth of transfers before the summer in season 1 or am I missing something here lol, whats part of them deals, huge clauses?

I've been trying to entice Dybala away from juve for two seasons now and I have just about got him interested in joining and they wont even accept £120m which is $160m

Edited by Verby

28 minutes ago, Verby said:

@Sherkey How have you confirmed £414m worth of transfers before the summer in season 1 or am I missing something here lol, whats part of them deals, huge clauses?

I've been trying to entice Dybala away from juve for two seasons now and I have just about got him interested in joining and they wont even accept £120m which is $160m

Hm? How is it £414 Mn.? It's 216 Mn $, not even pounds. And  part of those are staggered payments and clauses. Even in that, Dalot and Fred don't count towards your transfer budget, they're already in place when you start. The amounts in brackets are clauses (generally, upon reaching 50 league goals). Pulisic and de Ligt both have some amount of staggered payments too. I think it was 30Mn. staggered for Pulisic, and about 5 Mn for de Ligt after league appearances. These were with my original budget.

Then, I sold Fellaini before January. Freed up some money, and managed to Milinkovic Savic arriving in the summer (Think it was 55 Mn. uptop, and then staggered and 50 League Goals. Then, in February or so, some Chinese club came in for Rojo. Upon selling him, had about 60 Mn. left in the first window budget. Got in Sancho (45 + 45 and clauses). Young, excellent and HG. I needed to replace Almiron, as the wing project with him didn't work out.

Then, upon qualifying for ECC,I got about 260 Mn. $ in transfer fees for S2. Then, negotiated and got Dybala for $ 160 Mn uptop. Still have about 60 Mn. left, but don't need to buy anymore unless a steal deal becomes available, as I want to give youth a chance. Only place where I might make a punt is Tierney, but I so want to give Mitchell a chance too.

Also, for high value players, they generally become available just before the close of the season. Atleast, in past FMs, I've found that it was easier to negotiate a deal in March/April than it was to do it once the transfer window opens.

9 minutes ago, Sherkey said:

Hm? How is it £414 Mn.? It's 216 Mn $, not even pounds. And  part of those are staggered payments and clauses. Even in that, Dalot and Fred don't count towards your transfer budget, they're already in place when you start. The amounts in brackets are clauses (generally, upon reaching 50 league goals). Pulisic and de Ligt both have some amount of staggered payments too. I think it was 30Mn. staggered for Pulisic, and about 5 Mn for de Ligt after league appearances. These were with my original budget.

Then, I sold Fellaini before January. Freed up some money, and managed to Milinkovic Savic arriving in the summer (Think it was 55 Mn. uptop, and then staggered and 50 League Goals. Then, in February or so, some Chinese club came in for Rojo. Upon selling him, had about 60 Mn. left in the first window budget. Got in Sancho (45 + 45 and clauses). Young, excellent and HG. I needed to replace Almiron, as the wing project with him didn't work out.

Then, upon qualifying for ECC,I got about 260 Mn. $ in transfer fees for S2. Then, negotiated and got Dybala for $ 160 Mn uptop. Still have about 60 Mn. left, but don't need to buy anymore unless a steal deal becomes available, as I want to give youth a chance. Only place where I might make a punt is Tierney, but I so want to give Mitchell a chance too.

Also, for high value players, they generally become available just before the close of the season. Atleast, in past FMs, I've found that it was easier to negotiate a deal in March/April than it was to do it once the transfer window opens.

I see it was the higher figures I was reading, the clauses really so bump up the price, I prefer to deal with a straight sum, which probably isnt good. Still trying to get Juve to depart with Dybala, i'm not paying 140+ though.

Just got offered 66M euros for Jesse Lingard during the first winter transfer window by Arsenal. Tempted to take this - he's rotation with Alexis, Martial and Mata for the AMR/L positions in my 4-3-3 and averages somewhere around a 6.8. It seems like a lot of money for a squad player, but of course there's sentimental value in having a home grown Englishman playing for my side. 

How did Jesse turn our in other's saves? Worth keeping around?

As a result of my intense frustration(which any United fan would understand) at the lack of quality(IRL), style, attitude and management of this club after Fergie, it has always been difficult for me to build a United save.
There are several players I believe, don't belong at a club of United's stature(and some I just don't like, usually for the same reason), and I always look to flog Darmian, Fellaini and Young off in my first season. Given my goal is always to build to the CL title, I'm also planning to rid myself of both Jones, Lukaku(need someone more clinical) and Bailly as well in the future. Bailly because, as I like my saves to be semi-realistic, he lacks the mentality and determination to play for United. I'm floating two ways on Lindelof. He's got amazing potential and is the BPD I need, but his poor aerial ability is a concern.

I've also had massive issues selling English players, as I have a rule that should I sell, I have to promote another English player in the squad, or sign someone to replace them that is English; and this is generally gonna mean Smalling stays as my backup, and Tuanzebe becomes rotational.

I have an idea for the RW issue, and although his crossing is dreadful, I want Rashford to take that role, giving him regular play time every season. At RB, I'm gonna just throw Dalot straight in once he returns from injury. He was exceptional for me in FM18, and I'm keeping my faith in him.

I should mention I play a 4-3-3 Wide Formation, sometimes switching to a 4-2-3-1.

Players to sign: (Maybe need some tips on what you think here):

CB: If I keep Lindelof, I'm undecided between Skriniar and Milenkovic. This is a role I'm looking to also looking at to contain the leader in the team. Both players are high quality with good aerial ability, and can hold that defence for years to come.

If I don't see Lindelof as viable, then De Ligt is my one and only choice here.

LB: Shaw's fitness is an issue, so I'm looking at Ben Chilwell and Josh Tymon as next best thing.

DM: Matic hasn't got long left. I was deeply interested in Frenkie De Jong before FM19 came out as the kid has fantastic potential IRL, but I couldn't find any info on him in game. Otherwise, Dier is my first choice, Neves the second.

CM: May be a stupid decision, but I'd like to sign a second. high creation, dynamic CM to partner Pogba. I'm looking for something in a Xavi-Iniesta mould(Bad Example). Pogba being an intensely more physical Iniesta that not only create but also score goals, and the other CM one who sits just behind Pogba going forward and dictates the match, with incisive passing and great technique. Need help here too, as in FM18 I struggled to find a player to suit this role(Hence, also why I look at Frenkie De Jong). Rakitic is perfect but unavailable, and I'm not willing to look at Savic.

ST: I suppose, given I play without an AM, and have no plans to sign a RW, I only have Lukaku in this role. In FM18, I kept him after he hit 40 goals in my first season in all comps, and second only to Aguero in the league, blaming the chances missed on the ME(I mean 5 yard chances). Forwards of that quality are not readily available, and with that being said, given the lack of depth, I'll also consider shifting Sanchez in here and trying him out for the first season. If I flog Lukaku, then Cutrone and Icardi are my options. I'll also evaluate Alcacer, to see if FM gave him a boost for his incredible form for Dortmund.

Trying to make the prefect United save, making the right decisions.

Open for suggestions. :)

Enjoying my save with Man United.
Splashed the cash and got In some strong names early (Im not really a fan of this but was given 1.2B, and United really need new players)

After I couldnt get Lukaku to work as lone striker (got a lot of draws), I switched tactics to a 3-2-2-1-2, and that worked wonders. Lukaku as a Target man with Martial/Rashford as AF. After the loss 1-2 against Barcelona I started to use this.

Won the Premier League, FA-Cup and lost to Atletico Madrid In the Champions league final. Almost treble!

Ashley Young played good for me, Valencia too. Smalling was angry all season, and Is going on a free In the summer.

Want to bring In the youth for the next season. Tuanzebe as backup, Gomes and Chong.  The three at back Is doing really well, De Ligt is some talent.

Pogba and Martial played very good, specially In the Champions League. Martial got the golden boot with 10 goals, and Pogba best midfielder. 

Vagnoman, wow! 17 yrs turning 18 and played very solid. Getting Dalot back from loan, and I got the right side secured.

Savic didnt go right in to the team because of injurys, and the team played very well so he couldnt get his spot. Looking to move Pogba at Attacking mid, and Savic / Soler as the two In midfield.
Not going to spend In the summerwindow 2nd season as I have belief In my squad. 

How Is Lee O'Connor and Tuanzebe developing? Looks decent!

*Oops, transfers In Norwegian Kroner NOK.

transfers.JPG

taktic.JPG

fixtures.JPG

tabell.JPG

Edited by andzyyyy

21 hours ago, Verby said:

I'm playing a similarly narrow formation on my River Plate save, just thought I'd ask do you find most of your assists coming from crosses? Does Luis Alberto generally get many assists / play the pass before the assist? 

1 minute ago, zlatanera said:

I'm playing a similarly narrow formation on my River Plate save, just thought I'd ask do you find most of your assists coming from crosses? Does Luis Alberto generally get many assists / play the pass before the assist? 

I have Tierney as WB (a) and yeah hes getting alot of assists, the ball seems to get passed around alot in the middle of the opposition half and Tierney is left in alot of space out left and they spray balls out to him pretty often and hes a fantastic crosser,  Alberto seems to get alot of his assists from whipping in freekicks but he does get his fair share from open play.

1 minute ago, Verby said:

I have Tierney as WB (a) and yeah hes getting alot of assists, the ball seems to get passed around alot in the middle of the opposition half and Tierney is left in alot of space out left and they spray balls out to him pretty often and hes a fantastic crosser,  Alberto seems to get alot of his assists from whipping in freekicks but he does get his fair share from open play.

Ah right, yeah that's somewhat similar to me - my style is closer to vertical tiki-taka and I play a 4312 with a CM-De, but Quintero got all of his assists so far from corners with my wing backs being key (one guy has 5 starts, 3 PoM just because of the distance he covers). Might tweak to be more like yours as 6 of your roles are ones my players are naturals in. 

3 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Ah right, yeah that's somewhat similar to me - my style is closer to vertical tiki-taka and I play a 4312 with a CM-De, but Quintero got all of his assists so far from corners with my wing backs being key (one guy has 5 starts, 3 PoM just because of the distance he covers). Might tweak to be more like yours as 6 of your roles are ones my players are naturals in. 

I'd like to give the CAM a more free roaming role and for it to work, but I tried Treq and it just wasn't working, I find Alberto gets shut down alot and I have to make tweaks during the game alot.

45 minutes ago, Verby said:

I'd like to give the CAM a more free roaming role and for it to work, but I tried Treq and it just wasn't working, I find Alberto gets shut down alot and I have to make tweaks during the game alot.

I think that might be what's going on with my Enganche too - he's great for taking the ball on the turn when we counter, but given we're averaging over 60% possession, he might be too static. I'm somewhat wedded to the role though, thinking perhaps it isn't too suited to a narrow formation and might be better with more runners i.e. a striker and two inside forwards getting in front of it. Although we did win Copa Libertadores so perhaps I'm worrying too much. I'm not one for in-game tweaks either - I've found they very rarely work, except for when I do changes when I get a red card, and in many cases make things worse.

Edited by zlatanera

After having to restart my United save the other day after not realising the Ed Woodward was in charge of the contract negotiations and him failing to agree a deal with De Ligt.

After restarting I’ve brought in De Ligt and De Jong from Ajax, Tierney from Celtic and Chiesa from Fiorentina. On the way out so far has been Lingard to Arsenal for £50m and Darmian to China for £8.5m, also looking to get rid of Smalling, Rojo, Romero, Young, Fellaini and maybe Mata

Looking to play a Wide Play 4-4-2 with the winger in the AM strata as my main formation.

GK - De Gea / Grant

RB - Herrera / Dalot

CB - Lindlof, De Ligt / Bailly, Jones

LB - Shaw / Tierney

CM - Matic, Fred / Pogba, De Jong

AMR - Chiesa / Gomes

AML - Martial / Chong

CF - Sanchez, Rashford / Lukaku, Greenwood

Thats roughly gonna be the first team with McTominay, Gribbin, Laird and maybe one or two other youth players as well for cup games and obviously any of the players I don’t manage to sell.

Only other possible addition might be Kliuvert to play on the right with Chiesa but I’m thinking of sticking with Gomes and Chong as my back ups

On 06/11/2018 at 17:38, Verby said:

I've just hit Jan 1st in my second season and what a season it has been so far, my team have dug deep so many times to come back from goals down to get victorys, we're unbeaten in everything since our loss to Liverpool in the Community Shield. Its us and Liverpool steamrolling the league and despite just beating them 3-2 at OT I am struggling to shake them off, if they were not in such red hot form I would be cruising the league. We're really not scoring alot in alot of these games but my defensive seems to be super solid in general so I am happy enough.

I made a post earlier at the start of the season and I had all my transfer dealings in there, but i bought Belotti on the last day of the transfer window for extra power up front and hes been doing pretty damn good.

Rashford is just so good, below are the current season stats of my best performers, Dalot and Tierney are just so good as Wing backs.

305219951_statsforplayersjan1stseason2.thumb.png.4f5be547468963e86ac5f3c540e74cc0.png

Season results so far, had some amazing end to end games with Spurs and Bayern, won both away with a high amount of goals going in. Rashford bagging a Hatrick against Spurs and then putting two away against Bayern.

2100576757_resultsjan1stseason2.thumb.png.a7854466adb61833ac3eaf42c5b18a2f.png

653505102_resultsjan1stseason2x2.thumb.png.a8b2bccf38513f306d9bb981013b93bc.png

League stats so farm Kane leading the goals followed by Belotti, thought Tierney had more assists than that in the league but hes got as many as Kovacic, whos at Liverpool and they have a pretty strong squad this season too.

2087164506_statsjan1stseason2.thumb.png.e925be5994fb9da4f84953130a990f52.png

I just gave Liverpool there second loss of the season, so I have a tiny bit of breathing room now after the Xmas period. I drew Dortmund in the Knock out phase of the UCL. Should be easy enough they are 11th in the Bundesliga.

1095179370_leaguetablejan1stseason2.thumb.png.9c7d842b70e18e3b00d50590406d3920.png

Strongest line up right now is below. Short passing and give exclusive creative freedom to Savic, Pogba and Luis Alberto.

how do you give exclusive creative freedom?

2 hours ago, Kaylan said:

Started a United save, so far enjoying it, but my strikers are so bad... Both Lukaku and Rashford only have 7 goals combined an I'm in late December 

You should be getting alot more than that from them, I dont know much about lone strikers but playing them as a pair and Lukaku as a TM (s) and Rashford as a AF/Pressing Forward (a) you're guaranteed goals.

:herman:

884206167_rashfordtomadrid.thumb.png.5d9b335987c85267ed31267013c061a0.png

Edited by Verby

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:06, Powello said:

Makes sense when Ajax wanted 75m for de ligt after my offer went up to 40 yet they accepted 29m from Chelsea... I see FM hasn't changed too much on the transfer side

I hate this. Anybody got a reason for it? Happened to me where Juventus accepted 46m for Dybala from Man City but wanted 112m from me. 

3 hours ago, Jayddwoo said:

I hate this. Anybody got a reason for it? Happened to me where Juventus accepted 46m for Dybala from Man City but wanted 112m from me. 

Check the offers from other clubs first before you judge. I only say this because in my save I was offering £28m for De Ligt and Ajax rejected but then I eventually agreed for £32m I believe and then I got a message saying Chelsea had a bid of £20m accepted. Wasn’t until I checked that they’d offered £20m up front and another £20m in add ons

Just finished season 1 & won the prem and FA cup double. Didnt mess with the team too much, sold Lingard for £50 mil as I saw you could do here, Darmian for £16 mil & Rojo for £15 mil & signed Manolas & Aspas for their release clauses, Tierney for £25 mil & Verratti for £60 mil with £15mil to follow after 50 games.

2nd summer in, sold loads & bought loads, proper squad overhaul. Got rid of Lukaku - £95m arsenal; Perrera £45m Everton, Sanchez - swapped for Isco & paid £20mil towards, Lindelof £35m to Juve; nobody wants Fred so he's rotting away in my under 23's until somebody bids anything for him; he's valued at £54mil but defo shouldnt be worth that, I'd take £25mil.

Bought Savic £59 mil, Isco for £20 mil + Sanchez, Sancho for £75mil & Foden for £80 mil, overspent on Foden but looks like he'll be hitting the peak of his PA in this save & obviously, signed from a rival & also Pavard for his £30mil release clause.

This is my team that I hope will win me the treble in season 2.

De Gea

Dalot      Manolas-Bailly   Tierney

Pogba-Savic

Aspas                                   Martial

Isco

Rashford

with Sancho, Foden, Verratti, Matic, Pavard & Gomes all getting regular game time

Edited by DeanoFM

17 hours ago, Verby said:

You should be getting alot more than that from them, I dont know much about lone strikers but playing them as a pair and Lukaku as a TM (s) and Rashford as a AF/Pressing Forward (a) you're guaranteed goals.

:herman:

884206167_rashfordtomadrid.thumb.png.5d9b335987c85267ed31267013c061a0.png

I've switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and made Lukaku a TM (S) and partnered him up with Sanchez as an AF. Sanchez has been banging goals repeatedly for me now 

On 07/11/2018 at 09:30, MatthewS17 said:

As a result of my intense frustration(which any United fan would understand) at the lack of quality(IRL), style, attitude and management of this club after Fergie, it has always been difficult for me to build a United save.
There are several players I believe, don't belong at a club of United's stature(and some I just don't like, usually for the same reason), and I always look to flog Darmian, Fellaini and Young off in my first season. Given my goal is always to build to the CL title, I'm also planning to rid myself of both Jones, Lukaku(need someone more clinical) and Bailly as well in the future. Bailly because, as I like my saves to be semi-realistic, he lacks the mentality and determination to play for United. I'm floating two ways on Lindelof. He's got amazing potential and is the BPD I need, but his poor aerial ability is a concern.

I've also had massive issues selling English players, as I have a rule that should I sell, I have to promote another English player in the squad, or sign someone to replace them that is English; and this is generally gonna mean Smalling stays as my backup, and Tuanzebe becomes rotational.

I have an idea for the RW issue, and although his crossing is dreadful, I want Rashford to take that role, giving him regular play time every season. At RB, I'm gonna just throw Dalot straight in once he returns from injury. He was exceptional for me in FM18, and I'm keeping my faith in him.

I should mention I play a 4-3-3 Wide Formation, sometimes switching to a 4-2-3-1.

Players to sign: (Maybe need some tips on what you think here):

CB: If I keep Lindelof, I'm undecided between Skriniar and Milenkovic. This is a role I'm looking to also looking at to contain the leader in the team. Both players are high quality with good aerial ability, and can hold that defence for years to come.

If I don't see Lindelof as viable, then De Ligt is my one and only choice here.

LB: Shaw's fitness is an issue, so I'm looking at Ben Chilwell and Josh Tymon as next best thing.

DM: Matic hasn't got long left. I was deeply interested in Frenkie De Jong before FM19 came out as the kid has fantastic potential IRL, but I couldn't find any info on him in game. Otherwise, Dier is my first choice, Neves the second.

CM: May be a stupid decision, but I'd like to sign a second. high creation, dynamic CM to partner Pogba. I'm looking for something in a Xavi-Iniesta mould(Bad Example). Pogba being an intensely more physical Iniesta that not only create but also score goals, and the other CM one who sits just behind Pogba going forward and dictates the match, with incisive passing and great technique. Need help here too, as in FM18 I struggled to find a player to suit this role(Hence, also why I look at Frenkie De Jong). Rakitic is perfect but unavailable, and I'm not willing to look at Savic.

ST: I suppose, given I play without an AM, and have no plans to sign a RW, I only have Lukaku in this role. In FM18, I kept him after he hit 40 goals in my first season in all comps, and second only to Aguero in the league, blaming the chances missed on the ME(I mean 5 yard chances). Forwards of that quality are not readily available, and with that being said, given the lack of depth, I'll also consider shifting Sanchez in here and trying him out for the first season. If I flog Lukaku, then Cutrone and Icardi are my options. I'll also evaluate Alcacer, to see if FM gave him a boost for his incredible form for Dortmund.

Trying to make the prefect United save, making the right decisions.

Open for suggestions. :)

Your thinking mirrors much of mine with this United side.

First window I signed Skriniar and De Ligt as my long term CBs but Lindelof can do a job and can fill in really well at RB. I also brought in Tierney who will compete for LB right away. My long term back four of Tierney-Skriniar-DeLigt-Dalot is now in place.

Long term I want to replace Matic at DM and am also thinking one (or both) of Dier and Neves. 

I am not at all convinced by Fred IRL but I will give him a try, but I like a genuine box to box player alongside Pogba. Herrera fits the bill at the moment.

Up front I’m open minded but I need to address RW in the future. My long term target at Leon Bailey and Federico Chiesa.

Lukaku might be sold if he doesn’t deliver as a line forward.

Oh, and I signed Gary Neville as assistant manager on a five year deal!

Hi there, I’m a fellow ManU manager in FM19.

i just started the 1st season with them and still overwhelmed with all the new interface in FM19, my last FM was 17. 

I bought De Ligt in in 1st transfer window and 1 backup LB from Malaga (Riecci) who was transfer listed. Was trying to sign a young striker to for backup because I like to play with 2 striker up top, but failed miserably.

My first target was Fiete Arp but negotiation broke down because the ****** agent asked huge salary and I negotiated twice and he got angry. Second target Johannes Eggestein, everything was flowing smoothly until finalizing the deal, my HoYD Nicky Butt canceled the deal because he was 2 weeks injured. 

Now I’m still trying to find a backup striker for winter window but unable to scout Serbia although I have the knowledge of the country from Vujacic. Also I can’t scout Japan and South Korea too although Kei Nakamura has the knowledge.

Can somebody shed a light about the scouting thingy ? I already has the world package activated for senior and youth players.

Thanks a lot.

4AV2m5d.png

So I just finished my first season and even though I won the league title on the final day of season winning it on 81 points (4 ahead of City which is great), but I feel we should have won the title by more points

We got to the FA Cup final, but was sadly beaten by Arsenal 1-0 due to being a man down.

UCL was bad. We finished 2nd in our group to Juventus both had the exact same points and goal difference, but they beat us 2-0 at away and we only beat them 2-1 at home. We ended up getting drawn with Atletico for out R16 game. The 1st leg was positive as we managed to beat them 2-0 at home, but only for that to not matter because we ended up losing the 2nd leg away 3-2 in extra time due to being a man down from early on in the game.

Our transfers was good in the summer window we brought in de Ligt (£48.5M, probably overpaid a bit), Tierney (£23M easily out best signing this season) then in January we decided to splash the cash and  bring in Spanish wonderkid Soler for an astronomical £62M.

We ended up selling Rojo for £15M and Darmain for £10 as I felt they were surplus requirements for the squad. We loaned out Young because no one wanted to buy him and allowed McTominay to go out on loan as I had no use for him.

Stupidly I forgot that Herrea's contract ran out at the end of the season and in January PSG offered him a contract to join them at the end of the season, I tried to offer him a contract to stay, but he decided to take PSG offer and join them next summer. Smalling will also be leaving in the summer as Lyon decided to offer him a contract too. This one I didn't really care about since I never played Smalling once during the season

Our best players throughout the season was Pogba, Mata, Sanchez who won Player of the Year in the league, Dalot who finished with the highest average rating, Tierney who won Young Player of the year.

20181109024754_1.thumb.jpg.3b64e772f24ae9b60828bfe1d7ea5789.jpg20181109025937_1.thumb.jpg.ef5269a03958a642b335df62bf241ca2.jpg20181109025056_1.thumb.jpg.ecdaa72132a0590561b692b98fc70b1d.jpg20181109030204_1.thumb.jpg.be6cff0faebe568b959402e786f4a1dd.jpg20181109030242_1.thumb.jpg.4fb7ab9569dd8c60ebff3fe0bc822298.jpg20181109030319_1.thumb.jpg.4cc7a5715782c396e83a98a51a33314f.jpg

15 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

Your thinking mirrors much of mine with this United side.

First window I signed Skriniar and De Ligt as my long term CBs but Lindelof can do a job and can fill in really well at RB. I also brought in Tierney who will compete for LB right away. My long term back four of Tierney-Skriniar-DeLigt-Dalot is now in place.

Long term I want to replace Matic at DM and am also thinking one (or both) of Dier and Neves. 

I am not at all convinced by Fred IRL but I will give him a try, but I like a genuine box to box player alongside Pogba. Herrera fits the bill at the moment.

Up front I’m open minded but I need to address RW in the future. My long term target at Leon Bailey and Federico Chiesa.

Lukaku might be sold if he doesn’t deliver as a line forward.

Oh, and I signed Gary Neville as assistant manager on a five year deal!

This is nice. Its good to see someone with a similar train of thought.
I've made slight changes since my original post. I've brought in De Ligt and De Jong(both looking destined for Barca in real life, especially De Jong) as I wanted to, however I also brought in Fekir. Although he's not a natural RW, he has attributes to fill that role, as well as to play as both the AM and the CF when needed. I got quoted 232m for Bailey, and I also considered that I've got Chong and Greenwood coming through the ranks as well. I'm giving Rashford the role over Lukaku.Dangerous play here. Had considered Memphis' buy-back clause as a ST backup but Fekir made that pointless. Fred strikes me as a utility man. Able to come in and play any role in midfield when needed, so he's more of a rotational option for me.

I also realised that De Jong is not a DM, and embodies the CM role I'm looking for alongside Pogba. Dier is the next player on my list next summer for the DM role.

I have a few questions about your save so far.

First, what's your formation?

Second, who have you managed to sell and at what price?

I've only sold Darmian for 15m(all pounds) but I've not managed to sell anybody else so far. I only received 2 offers for Bailly, valued at 15m and they were low-balling me, only willing to pay a max 16m, which I refused to sell for. No offers for Jones, Fellaini(new contract) or Lindelof, which is frustrating me immensely. I'm also inclined to let Mata leave on a free due to the signing of Fekir. He just seems so much better.

Edited by MatthewS17

2 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

I've made slight changes since my original post. I've brought in De Ligt and De Jong(both looking destined for Barca in real life, especially De Jong) as I wanted to, however I also brought in Fekir. Although he's not a natural RW, he has attributes to fill that role, as well as to play as both the AM and the CF when needed. I got quoted 232m for Bailey, and I also considered that I've got Chong and Greenwood coming through the ranks as well. I'm giving Rashford the role over Lukaku.Dangerous play here. Had considered Memphis' buy-back clause as a ST backup but Fekir made that pointless. Fred strikes me as a utility man. Able to come in and play any role in midfield when needed, so he's more of a rotational option for me.

I also realised that De Jong is not a DM, and embodies the CM role I'm looking for alongside Pogba. Dier is the next player on my list next summer for the DM role.

I've only sold Darmian for 15m(all pounds) but I've not managed to sell anybody else so far. I only received 2 offers for Bailly, valued at 15m and they were low-balling me, only willing to pay a max 16m, which I refused to sell for. No offers for Jones, Fellaini(new contract) or Lindelof, which is frustrating me immensely. I'm also inclined to let Mata leave on a free due to the signing of Fekir. He just seems so much better.

If it's your first season, you won't be able to sell too many players. January, you can get rid of some; Summer of second season is the best. Got rid of Mata, Jones, Romero, Matic, Fred and Young in one shot (well, Young left on a free). Haven't been able to offload Sanchez or Valencia, but Sanchez atleast performs, so I'm not too worried.

I plan to get my usual Man utd save started in a few weeks, once I'm done with my Pompey save that started during the beta, Mctominay has become a vital part of my pompey team.

Big plans for the squad, as a Man utd fan there are quite a few players that I don't think are upto scratch, transfers over the last few seasons since Fergie left haven't really been that great bar a couple and the squad does need some work. Be some of the usual players like Darmain and Jones, but I will also plan to sell Lukaku, as I think he's a good striker will get you 15-20 goals a season no problem, but for me he's not a title and champs league winning striker, and I can't see man utd winning the league with him as our main striker.

We have some great youngsters which I will, like many others try to develop. What's good to see is on my Pompey save Chong seems to have come on very well and is in the 1st team in the 4th season. Here is how he looks with AI Mourinho developing him.

chong.thumb.png.22c5f68a91f9c7bb964775f2c8f32475.png

Finally got around to finishing my first full season with United. And it has been a very productive season. Was on same points as Liverpool for majority of the season, but after around two thirds they started falling behind and never recovered. Won the Premier League easily and could play a lot of reserves in the last four matches. As for the cups: in the UCL I needed penalties in the semi's against Juve and we won with a single penalty in the final against Barça!

1255976401_ManchesterUnited_Competitions.thumb.png.5ccac3b202296e6228dd596793206680.png

Hard to say where I need to strengthen next season. My best player in the EPL on rating: Chris Smalling - the bedrock on which my defence was built. FM really is only a game :-) In the EPL we had 21 goals conceded (next best, Man CIty had 38) - but this is also due to De Gea of course.

Edited by blue heron

On 09/11/2018 at 10:48, MatthewS17 said:

I’m going with 4-1-4-1 / 4-2-3-1 control possession but not doing very well - lost 3 out of first 6 games. Most of the squad hate me!

1 hour ago, stevecummins78 said:

I’m going with 4-1-4-1 / 4-2-3-1 control possession but not doing very well - lost 3 out of first 6 games. Most of the squad hate me!

Struggled with that as well,have you tried the Gegenpress?

3 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

I'm actually playing something similar, sort of a variation between Control Possession and Tiki-Taka. Pretty much the standard passing for Control, but with extreme pressing and fluid movement from the TIki-Taka. Although, in fairness, I've only played one match of the season so far. But I scheduled about 8 friendlies in total against the likes of Tottenham, PSG, Bayern, Atletico, Leicester and Newcastle. And I'm sure you know that for Pre-Season the United team is far under strength. ANd yet out of all those matches, I lost just one(2-1 against PSG, courtesy of 2 penalties).

As for my first match against Burnley at home, I lost 1-0 thanks to a set piece that got headed home. I had 24 shots of which 13 were on target(Lukaku missed some major chances here and so did Lingard), so I'm not calling my system a failure just yet(that goal was the only chance they had).