[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

2 hours ago, axehan1 said:

He's not doing to bad,just needs to get his one on one improved.I didn't want to spend silly money on a keeper when he looks ok.

I know it's a game but I could never sell David De Gea. Well I would never sell Pogba, Mata or Shaw either and many people are selling some of those players too. Joel Pereira looks decent tbh. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, after reading this topic, I also sell Lingard to Arsenal for around 45m and replace him by Pulisic. He adapted quickly and plays really well in support winger role.

Since i try to play tika-taka formation, i want to bring in a MC with high technical stats. I decided to buy Frankie De Jong. He has nice base stats, very smart in Regista position and able to buy with reasonable price. He just need to improve his defense positioning.

Wing-backs in  tiki-taka tactic have to involve in the play alot. I go with Meunier in right wing and Grimaldo in left. Actually, I want Mario Fernandes for RB but cannot solve his work permit. For LB, Shaw is really good but need backup.

8 hours ago, luka_ said:

Selling De Gea is just weird considering United are rolling in money..why would you sell a world class keeper and then use an average keeper like Pereira is beyond me.

We're sittiing top of the league and flying through our Champions League group.Pereira is doing very nicely and I made a killing on the De Gea deal.

That weird to you?

1 hour ago, Spector said:

About to start the 2nd season and I want to replace Matic and maybe Lukaku? Who should I try to get? Also Skriniar for 70m sounds a good partner with De ligt?

You can try Milinkovic-savic if you have the money.

Lukaku is pretty good in the game, I had to buy Fiete Arp just to give him a breather. 

For some reason, Lukaku and another ST be it Martial/Rashford/Sanchez work as best combination for me. 

Dunno about Skriniar but check Gimenez, Rugani or Romagnoli. 

I was after one of those 3 when Laporte suddenly transfer listed for 34m which I found bargain and got him instead. 

Anyway, I won the League in the first season on Goal difference, had +6 more than Liverpool. Lost against City in FA Cup final and against Atletico in quarter final, won 2-1 at home but lost 1-0 away!!  Also lost against Leicester in quarter final in League Cup.

I started the first season without any team could buy until the January window. I got those players in January:

0A4433F5602B54F22988DBF8928423BDACC227C8

And those after the season: 

9E6809503F9476EB7D9771C87D74ADE36E9A0B7B

And now my team looks like this: 

image.thumb.png.5bfda0813dc2993e4be450f37eb6887f.png

15 hours ago, axehan1 said:

We're sittiing top of the league and flying through our Champions League group.Pereira is doing very nicely and I made a killing on the De Gea deal.

That weird to you?

yes. selling world class level keeper and playing 3 star keeper at best because "you made a killing" is just stupid if you are ManUtd who have so much money they don't need to sell nobody never and still can splash 200mil every summer. Beginning of 3rd season I have 509 mil in balance with 350mil transfer budget without selling anyone! Why on earth would I want to sell De Gea for 80 mil more??

Edited by luka_zg

Made it through the January window.  I always play with first transfer window disabled to hold onto realism for as long as possible.  Feels like the AI has been rubbing their hands with glee as January approached.  City buy 4 players, Arsenal the same, PSG likewise. Tottenham too.  The one thing that really infuriates me with this game.  You now have teams who have players unregistered who've been a prominent player for half a season as the squad is too big.  I'd happily take no further tweaks to design/features for the next years game in a bid to help AI managers build decent and sensible squads, it really is a bit of a joke and I feel massively tarnishes the game.  Didn't buy 18 but had a good save (10 seasons +) on FM17 where City and PSG bought new players every year, that were no better than what they had, sat in the reserves and no one else could pick them up due to the money.

I am considering Hazard as a potential option for the AMR problem. How long do you think it will take for him to retrain to the right? My scouts reckon 98M -138M which is expensive but we have money. I want a player that good. We need some extra spark in the attack.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Made it through the January window.  I always play with first transfer window disabled to hold onto realism for as long as possible.  Feels like the AI has been rubbing their hands with glee as January approached.  City buy 4 players, Arsenal the same, PSG likewise. Tottenham too.  The one thing that really infuriates me with this game.  You now have teams who have players unregistered who've been a prominent player for half a season as the squad is too big.  I'd happily take no further tweaks to design/features for the next years game in a bid to help AI managers build decent and sensible squads, it really is a bit of a joke and I feel massively tarnishes the game.  Didn't buy 18 but had a good save (10 seasons +) on FM17 where City and PSG bought new players every year, that were no better than what they had, sat in the reserves and no one else could pick them up due to the money.

Well if they hog all the good players it means other teams can't sign them and they increase their chances of winning. Chelsea do it with their youth system in real life.

3 minutes ago, joekim87 said:

Well if they hog all the good players it means other teams can't sign them and they increase their chances of winning. Chelsea do it with their youth system in real life.

Yes I take your point but were not talking about youth prospects here, I'm talking about spending £150+ M each transfer window to replace players on your bench.

Look what happened at Utd this year - bought Sanchez to stick him on the wing, upset the balance of the squad, arguably have too many players that play the same position (albeit poorly), and rumours start swirling of players wanting out because there is too much competition for places. 

If these teams wanted to increase their chances of winning, maybe it would be wise to build a balanced squad, and address weaknesses, instead of buying 4 attacking midfielders when you arguably don't need more than 1.

8 hours ago, luka_ said:

yes. selling world class level keeper and playing 3 star keeper at best because "you made a killing" is just stupid if you are ManUtd who have so much money they don't need to sell nobody never and still can splash 200mil every summer. Beginning of 3rd season I have 509 mil in balance with 350mil transfer budget without selling anyone! Why on earth would I want to sell De Gea for 80 mil more??

Wow, you have money in the bank, congratulations, meanwhile with my 3 star keeper we have conceded 6 in 13 and are 9 points clear already.

I don't appreciate being called stupid,be careful how you word your sentences please.

12 hours ago, henryzz said:

I am considering Hazard as a potential option for the AMR problem. How long do you think it will take for him to retrain to the right? My scouts reckon 98M -138M which is expensive but we have money. I want a player that good. We need some extra spark in the attack.

Bought him for 84M in my last save, he was unhappy and that was his list price.  Good player but not the world beater that everyone might expect, or maybe it was my tactics but i did try him in his natural IF position.  He chips in with both goals and assists and is reasonably consistent.

so after I found my United save was still on my laptop (which I didnt have for a week -_-) and wasn't downloading to my other computer that was working where I was... draw 0-0 at home with Bayern in the champions league, and 2-2 on the first game of the season, rest have wins, including a 7-1 demolition of PSV... so the game after my 0-0 draw? just Man city... thought they were supposed to be good? 44 passes, I scored with 4 one touch passes lol

20181117021330_1.jpg

On 16/11/2018 at 22:10, Pedro said:

Yes I take your point but were not talking about youth prospects here, I'm talking about spending £150+ M each transfer window to replace players on your bench.

Look what happened at Utd this year - bought Sanchez to stick him on the wing, upset the balance of the squad, arguably have too many players that play the same position (albeit poorly), and rumours start swirling of players wanting out because there is too much competition for places. 

If these teams wanted to increase their chances of winning, maybe it would be wise to build a balanced squad, and address weaknesses, instead of buying 4 attacking midfielders when you arguably don't need more than 1.

On your save, they aren't winning everything? 

End of Jan 2nd season transfer window and only dipped into the market to buy Gedson Fernandes from Benfica for £45m

nHW6NTK.jpg?1

I wanted to wait till the end of the season to make a move for him but Milan entered the race for him so I had to act in January.

We're flying in the league 11pts clear of Arsenal with a game in hand

jMYY7PL.jpg?1

Best result of the season so far came in the 4th round of the FA Cup as we smashed Tottenham 7-0

CC4LicS.jpg?1

Funnily enough we beat Crawley 7-0 in round 3

The tactic is going amazingly well,we dominate just about everyone and have a crazy amount of good shots at goal to.

oKhFBEf.jpg?1

I've spent 3 weeks cursing this game but I now have a settled tactic and it's fair to say i'm enjoying FM19 now.

25 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

@axehan1 is that a Knap tactic? Or your own? Just looks somewhat reminiscent of a Knap one I saw.

I think his is attacking and probably all players have individual instructions galore.I just have Lukaku roam, along with Fekir and BBM to get forward.

16 hours ago, axehan1 said:

End of Jan 2nd season transfer window and only dipped into the market to buy Gedson Fernandes from Benfica for £45m

nHW6NTK.jpg?1

I wanted to wait till the end of the season to make a move for him but Milan entered the race for him so I had to act in January.

We're flying in the league 11pts clear of Arsenal with a game in hand

jMYY7PL.jpg?1

Best result of the season so far came in the 4th round of the FA Cup as we smashed Tottenham 7-0

CC4LicS.jpg?1

Funnily enough we beat Crawley 7-0 in round 3

The tactic is going amazingly well,we dominate just about everyone and have a crazy amount of good shots at goal to.

oKhFBEf.jpg?1

I've spent 3 weeks cursing this game but I now have a settled tactic and it's fair to say i'm enjoying FM19 now.

im new to fm19..

can someone share with me, what is the function of all this line? 

oKhFBEf.jpg

7 minutes ago, kingcyrus said:

im new to fm19..

can someone share with me, what is the function of all this line? 

oKhFBEf.jpg

"Partnerships". Basically if you have a line between two players who tend to perform well together then it'll be green, if not it'll be a darker colour (similar to the colours in the role suitability circles). Some people find them useful but I very rarely take notice (on FM18 when Lukaku and Mata weren't performing and had a darker line, I realised their traits were getting them in the way of each other, but on the other hand when my CBs had a poor partnership with another club, its because we were just a bad team).

4 hours ago, martymcfly said:

Ronaldo comes back.

cr7.thumb.jpg.d3630880c2ef067e820e32c977e73178.jpg

Fairly decent too. Did expect him to be more preferred to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3(4-1-4-1 DM Wide) with his team more or less playing either of those formations most of his career 

Got a AMR issue. Signed Iago Aspas season 1 who plays a good inside forward role with Gomes as back up. In Jan season 2 & Aspas wants to go back to Spain & Gomes has been OK but his stats aren't amazing & think I'll end up selling him this summer. I've signed Kingsley Coman for £35 mil as he was transfer listed, he's been good but again, his stats aren't that great. To be honest I want Mbappe in the summer. Has anyway landed him yet? if so, how much for & how was the deal structured?

6 hours ago, DeanoFM said:

Got a AMR issue. Signed Iago Aspas season 1 who plays a good inside forward role with Gomes as back up. In Jan season 2 & Aspas wants to go back to Spain & Gomes has been OK but his stats aren't amazing & think I'll end up selling him this summer. I've signed Kingsley Coman for £35 mil as he was transfer listed, he's been good but again, his stats aren't that great. To be honest I want Mbappe in the summer. Has anyway landed him yet? if so, how much for & how was the deal structured?

Dont expect to get him for much lower, I am playing him up top in a 2 man Striker partnership with Rashford or Belotti.

I can't remember how much I paid up front, like 150m maybe

mbappe.thumb.png.7d03f63e0ad4ae262a2eef4eb7976644.png

Edited by Verby

19 hours ago, Verby said:

Dont expect to get him for much lower, I am playing him up top in a 2 man Striker partnership with Rashford or Belotti.

I can't remember how much I paid up front, like 150m maybe

mbappe.thumb.png.7d03f63e0ad4ae262a2eef4eb7976644.png

PSG wouldnt even entertain me when I suggested terms with the bid at £100 mil. Will try again in the summer

6 minutes ago, DeanoFM said:

PSG wouldnt even entertain me when I suggested terms with the bid at £100 mil. Will try again in the summer

Yeah was the same for me, He was only slightly interested in joining aswel, cost me a fortune to convince him, something like a 20m signing on fee and then there was a 12m agent fee. But I have the best young player on the game for the rest of my save. I got a huge transfer budget in my second of third season I cant remember, had like 300m and then I sold Lukaku for 70m, Lindelof for 40m, Rojo for 17m and Alexis for 55m and getting 100% of the transfer revenue lol. I spent 380m on Kimmich, Dybala, Mbappe :lol:

Paid off already as I am pissing the league before December.

573817175_transfersseason3.thumb.png.e8f8e4e33a25ed8f3e9db7cb9b129579.png383781452_tableseason3.thumb.png.eb5b0f562af19b0b22e9b80ae87e7904.png

Edited by Verby

I'm looking to bring in a decent AMR to play as an Inside Forward. I've got Chiesa but not overly impressed with him, so I'd like to bring someone else in to rotate with him. Mata does that job currently but he's getting on a bit!

My targets at the moment are Leon Bailey or Mbappe.

I'd be curious to hear whether anymore has used Mbappe in that position as an IF with any great success? I know he has the cuts inside ppm which is good, but I've always preferred opposite footed players cutting in...that's one of the reasons I can't decide between him and Bailey.

Been a pretty wonderful first season for me. I managed a pretty dominant win in the Premier League, topping second placed Arsenal by a whole 15 points. Performances in other competitions were a tad disappointing, with us crashing out to Roma in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League and knocked out of the FA Cup and Carabao Cup by Stoke and Newcastle respectively. 

image.thumb.png.bffda6d027f23a0659d266624db8542c.png    

Even better for me this season was that this league win was achieved with a reasonable 1st season net spend of £25m. (Ignoring Dalot and Fred who are for some reason included in this list even though they were Mourinho signings, and Rojo who has just been sold in the second summer transfer window) 

image.thumb.png.10a7405e1dad539a191c148fdb2cf997.png

The signings have been mixed. Pione Sisto has been on fire for me at right-wing, grabbing 6 goals and 13 assists from 36 appearances in all competitions and winning the Premier League's young player of the season award, all for a cool £10.5m. Bargain! 

On the other hand, Sandro Wagner has been a complete flop in the mould of Radamel Falcao. With only 5 goals and no assists from 24 appearances in all competitions (although admittedly most were from the bench), and only 1 Premier League goal to his name, it seems unlikely that the 31 year old will make anything of his career at United. 

Charlie Taylor has hardly featured since his shock January move from Burnley, picking up a fairly lengthy injury in his first start for the club. Meanwhile, fellow January buy Nikola Milenkovic was immediately loaned back to Fiorentina. He is set to replace the departing Chris Smalling next season. 

In the vast majority of matches, my go to formation was in the mould of Jose Mourinho's 4-2-3-1. The tactic and first team can be seen in the image below. 

image.thumb.png.5bbf0891d1384628349bad85fc755948.png

In larger games, however, I typically switched to the 4-3-3 below. The decision to do this was based on an early 3-0 thrashing away to Spurs with the 4-2-3-1. 

image.thumb.png.5fec41f87c599c9d36253905856db5a9.png

Besides Pione Sisto, the key performers for me were Luke Shaw (who won the club's fans' player of the season award), Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba. Perhaps reminiscent of a great Mourinho side, the club broke two league defensive records with David de Gea keeping a whopping 27 clean sheets this season, breaking Petr Cech's 2004-05 record of 24, and the team as a whole conceding just 13 goals throughout the season, beating the record also set in 2004-05 when Chelsea conceded just 15. 

image.thumb.png.7e046ab68bca3d5f7d14c05daa4b0c11.png

image.thumb.png.397429a8047e81e157b98b60be926eff.png

Going in to next season, I will unfortunately be losing Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia on free transfers to PSG and LA Galaxy respectively. With Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo also leaving the club for Napoli and Newcastle respectively, this summer will likely see me spend a significant bit more than last in order to bolster the first team and remaining squad. 

2 hours ago, martymcfly said:

Start of 25/26.

Glazers leave the club at 22/23. New owners from Brazil. I'm so unhappy :(

You're making at least 100m per year. That's a lot of taxable profit if it isn't reinvested somehow. Your stadium and facilities are probably already maxed out.  Therefore it makes sense  (from the owners perspective) to use the money for other investments, stopping the taxman taking more of it.

Cost me 15m from Middelsbrough.  I sent him on loan to Burnley for a season last season when he was 17 and he won EFL young player of the year. Wonderkid and a perfectionist personality. Keeping him around the first team now and will work on his traits. Going to be a world beater.

223788826_CharlieNix.thumb.png.de142ae3df8d8cbb3d9c7eecd79ba0f0.png

Highly Recommend training Andreas Pereira to become a Regista. He has become the stand out player at the base of my narrow diamond midfield. His stats are perfect for the role and his versatility is key in allowing him to learn the role with no issues. He still isn't quite there in terms of being accomplished or natural just yet but he has performed superbly since the beginning of my save. In his first full season at the club he played a huge part in winning the league and the FA Cup whilst picking up the Footballer of the Year, Players' Player of the Year and Players' Young Player of the Year awards. I am now midway through October in my second season and his form is just getting better and better. Brazil have finally taken notice and he could be winning his first international cap over the next week or two. New bumper contract incoming also. He deserves it.

4-4-2 Diamond United.png

Andreas 1.png

Andreas 2.png

Andreas 3.png

Edited by CKMK32

On 24/11/2018 at 16:29, axehan1 said:

What the bloody hell!!Just had Rashford score 2 in a league game.So after the game I praise him and now he's unhappy as a result.

That's bollocks.

What was his reason  though?