FM19 Athletic Club - Aupa!

bowieinspace

8 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Did anyone else struggle with finances first season ? I am about £2M in red at start of April and haven't really bought anyone although I have given ontracts to quite a few people. Maybe it's not having any European football.

Finances are fine on my save but yes having no CL soccer can take a hit on your finances...

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Did anyone else struggle with finances first season ? I am about £2M in red at start of April and haven't really bought anyone although I have given ontracts to quite a few people. Maybe it's not having any European football.

I don't remember it being a problem but then again, I didn't buy anyone in my first season. No European money is obviously going to impact but it is usual to see a decline in finances mid-season. If you qualify for Europe you will no doubt see an upturn and once your budgets are confirmed I'm sure you will be fine. Athletic rarely have financial difficulty because of the way they are run for obvious reasons.

Anyone signed Jorge Herrando? I signed him just before my 4th season and he's doing well. He briefly was described as a wonderkid.

I've looked into him and he appears to have a variable potential rating so may not turn out great in every save but I'm pretty happy with him so far.

1138663339_Screenshot2019-05-27at12_33_19.thumb.png.c93b9e11d52a8ea20b90326dfe2f422a.png

7 hours ago, maccataq said:

Anyone signed Jorge Herrando? I signed him just before my 4th season and he's doing well. He briefly was described as a wonderkid.

I've looked into him and he appears to have a variable potential rating so may not turn out great in every save but I'm pretty happy with him so far.

1138663339_Screenshot2019-05-27at12_33_19.thumb.png.c93b9e11d52a8ea20b90326dfe2f422a.png

Where did you sign him from ? Looking good :thup:

17 hours ago, maccataq said:

I got him in my first season. Loaned him out a couple of times and now he is in and around the first team with Yeray/Unai/Inigo

On 26/05/2019 at 19:41, lfc7 said:

How much is Martinez on at the start of the game? At least 100k. Your main guys are on huge wages.

7 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

I got him in my first season. Loaned him out a couple of times and now he is in and around the first team with Yeray/Unai/Inigo

That's exactly the same CB quartet as me! I had promoted Arberas too but he's not getting enough games so I will loan him out next season as I need the squad place.

Season 4 and we did it! It was a tense finish and it could have been more comfortable had we not dropped points in games we shouldn't have but we held our nerve and won the title! :) 

Going into the Espanyol game, we were 3pts clear with 2 games in hand but we lost 2-0, we bounced back against Levante but our game in hand which we'd had for half the season (and no idea why) meant we played Levante again in the next match. We were pegged back twice and the 2nd was a late penalty. We then lost at Real Madrid where they scored twice late on after we battled back from 2-0 down! Barcelona were unerring in their run in, winning every game so there was no more margin for error and luckily our last 2 games were against already relegated teams. Final day nerves dissipated quickly as we led 4-0 by half time.

337786577_Screenshot2019-05-28at23_39_57.thumb.png.e0bd0e4d6da3aaaea6c4492073385554.png

Strangely, we landed on 86pts for the 3rd time but this time it was enough!

1459183967_Screenshot2019-05-28at23_26_32.thumb.png.376cbfe8d2cfed53cd3c5d032a269194.png

19 hours ago, maccataq said:

Season 4 and we did it! It was a tense finish and it could have been more comfortable had we not dropped points in games we shouldn't have but we held our nerve and won the title! :) 

Going into the Espanyol game, we were 3pts clear with 2 games in hand but we lost 2-0, we bounced back against Levante but our game in hand which we'd had for half the season (and no idea why) meant we played Levante again in the next match. We were pegged back twice and the 2nd was a late penalty. We then lost at Real Madrid where they scored twice late on after we battled back from 2-0 down! Barcelona were unerring in their run in, winning every game so there was no more margin for error and luckily our last 2 games were against already relegated teams. Final day nerves dissipated quickly as we led 4-0 by half time.

337786577_Screenshot2019-05-28at23_39_57.thumb.png.e0bd0e4d6da3aaaea6c4492073385554.png

Strangely, we landed on 86pts for the 3rd time but this time it was enough!

1459183967_Screenshot2019-05-28at23_26_32.thumb.png.376cbfe8d2cfed53cd3c5d032a269194.png

Congrats @maccataq only 21 goals conceded aswell :applause:

Edited by lfc7

1 hour ago, lfc7 said:

Congrats @maccataq only 21 goals conceded aswell :applause:

Yeah the title was won on my defence really but...after 32 games we had conceded just 12! So we conceded 9 goals in my final 6 games which made the run in very stressful.

1 hour ago, lfc7 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to be able to speak to a player again after talks break down ? 

Do you mean contract talks? And had you promised anything?

1 hour ago, maccataq said:

Do you mean contract talks? And had you promised anything?

Not with my current players, just noticed Merino has £19M release and is willing to join, but i messed up contract talks with him :seagull:

Edited by lfc7

21 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Not with my current players, just noticed Merino has £19M release and is willing to join, but i messed up contract talks with him :seagull:

£19m, bargain! His release clause was £25m for me.

I'm not sure on the specific timeframe to be honest. How long do you have left before the transfer window closes? I suppose you could keep trying every week until he'll talk again!

I'm debating signing Ander Herrera. Both Raul Garcia & Benat are retiring and both were on the decline anyway but they both had great personalities and determination and Benat was a team leader. So I feel like I need to replace what they brought to the team. Also, Herrera would be an upgrade no doubt.

However, Herrera turns 33 going into my next season and United don't want to sell so might prove expensive - is he worth it?

2 hours ago, maccataq said:

£19m, bargain! His release clause was £25m for me.

I'm not sure on the specific timeframe to be honest. How long do you have left before the transfer window closes? I suppose you could keep trying every week until he'll talk again!

His agent just came back to me. I don't even think I really need a CM, but guess I can't not buy someone of his quality haha. 

Edited by lfc7

13 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

His agent just came back to me. I don't even think I really need a CM, but guess I can't not buy someone of his quality haha. 

Definitely get him! He's versatile and can play different roles as a midfielder (DLP, AP, BBM) and could probably be re-trained as Ball Playing CB.

Who else do you have in CM?

27 minutes ago, maccataq said:

Definitely get him! He's versatile and can play different roles as a midfielder (DLP, AP, BBM) and could probably be re-trained as Ball Playing CB.

Who else do you have in CM?

Benat, D.Garcia, Iturraspe, Sanchet (who in an injury crisis played well and scored a few goals) San Jose, Nolaskoain (might loan out).

Last season I used a 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 but thinking of maybe sticking with 4-3-3 this year but then would have to sell R.Garcia or use him in midfield aswell 

Edited by lfc7

11 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Benat, D.Garcia, Iturraspe, Sanchet (who in an injury crisis played well and scored a few goals) San Jose, Nolaskoain (might loan out).

Last season I used a 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 but thinking of maybe sticking with 4-3-3 this year but then would have to sell R.Garcia or use him in midfield aswell 

I use those formations, well my 433 is basically 4231 with the DM instead of AM!

I have a wonderkid come through as AMC plus I bought De Arrascaeta so Raul Garcia plays in CM for me (although he is retiring now) but he has been good there.

I'm letting D Garcia go, he is good but his determination is low. Iturraspe was good but moved to china and I ended up losing Sancet to Arsenal but might try and buy him back at some point. I moved MSJ on to Celta but he was more of DC for me and Nolaskoain never cut it for me and is in my B team but I have a newgen as DM in rotation with Mikel Vesga, who is out on loan first season. He's steady.

Benat was good for me but is also retiring.

Roberto Torres has been a good signing and I picked him up quite cheaply from Osasuna.

Anyway, long story short, Merino is superior to all of them and other than Ander Herrera, the best Basque CM option out there apart from newgens that might come through.

1 hour ago, maccataq said:

I use those formations, well my 433 is basically 4231 with the DM instead of AM!

I have a wonderkid come through as AMC plus I bought De Arrascaeta so Raul Garcia plays in CM for me (although he is retiring now) but he has been good there.

I'm letting D Garcia go, he is good but his determination is low. Iturraspe was good but moved to china and I ended up losing Sancet to Arsenal but might try and buy him back at some point. I moved MSJ on to Celta but he was more of DC for me and Nolaskoain never cut it for me and is in my B team but I have a newgen as DM in rotation with Mikel Vesga, who is out on loan first season. He's steady.

Benat was good for me but is also retiring.

Roberto Torres has been a good signing and I picked him up quite cheaply from Osasuna.

Anyway, long story short, Merino is superior to all of them and other than Ander Herrera, the best Basque CM option out there apart from newgens that might come through.

Haha thanks. I bought Merino and i am going with a 4-3-3 although in game its a 4-1-4-1. I will keep R.Garcia for CM :)

7 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Haha thanks. I bought Merino and i am going with a 4-3-3 although in game its a 4-1-4-1. I will keep R.Garcia for CM :)

You won't regret it, although he is a touch injury prone but not prohibitively so.

Season 1 and i thought we might of won the league as we were only 2 points behind with 4 games to go, but a loss to Alaves away and A.Madrid at home put a stop to that, although i am happy with 3rd place. We broke some records aswell :D

56331327_RafaBenitez_Home.thumb.png.5cda79aa34aa4a32c014d9e3b93ec60f.png

1137466971_RafaBenitez_Inbox-10.thumb.png.d9f10e146864537f1a725f475d43538c.png

Plus an extra 6 points :lol:

842239056_RafaBenitez_Inbox-35.thumb.png.14afed69bc2fa447a87e08f785dd44be.png

My two favourite performers of the season, really impressed with Sanchet, he scored some screamers from outside the box.

1966560713_A.Bilbao_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.8b919acbd93c770a30e9f85e2917f6da.png

1912012544_IkerMuniain_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.25c37e05aa4b84d1617850e14528c33d.png

Next the Spanish Cup and as you can see we won :D i certainly didn't expect that and we beat some good teams to win it.

1982575287_A.BilbaovR.Madrid_MatchPresentation.thumb.png.87290db2fda8b0965be1296d449209d6.png

666839259_RafaBenitez_Inbox-40.thumb.png.ff5c1ee6bb335ed9791f56bb0cb7b195.png

413494955_RafaBenitez_Inbox-84.thumb.png.eaaa6ca35e191a586137faf19ef0b4d5.png

As for transfers i only signed I.Martinez (GK) in season 1. Looking forward to Season 2 and i am almost at end of pre season. So far I've signed Merino for £19M and a regen MC, I let the likes of De Marcos, Susesta, Kodro, Ganea, Bala go. Might be some more not on game at the minute.

19 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Season 1 and i thought we might of won the league as we were only 2 points behind with 4 games to go, but a loss to Alaves away and A.Madrid at home put a stop to that, although i am happy with 3rd place. We broke some records aswell :D

56331327_RafaBenitez_Home.thumb.png.5cda79aa34aa4a32c014d9e3b93ec60f.png

1137466971_RafaBenitez_Inbox-10.thumb.png.d9f10e146864537f1a725f475d43538c.png

Plus an extra 6 points :lol:

842239056_RafaBenitez_Inbox-35.thumb.png.14afed69bc2fa447a87e08f785dd44be.png

My two favourite performers of the season, really impressed with Sanchet, he scored some screamers from outside the box.

1966560713_A.Bilbao_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.8b919acbd93c770a30e9f85e2917f6da.png

1912012544_IkerMuniain_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.25c37e05aa4b84d1617850e14528c33d.png

Next the Spanish Cup and as you can see we won :D i certainly didn't expect that and we beat some good teams to win it.

1982575287_A.BilbaovR.Madrid_MatchPresentation.thumb.png.87290db2fda8b0965be1296d449209d6.png

666839259_RafaBenitez_Inbox-40.thumb.png.ff5c1ee6bb335ed9791f56bb0cb7b195.png

413494955_RafaBenitez_Inbox-84.thumb.png.eaaa6ca35e191a586137faf19ef0b4d5.png

As for transfers i only signed I.Martinez (GK) in season 1. Looking forward to Season 2 and i am almost at end of pre season. So far I've signed Merino for £19M and a regen MC, I let the likes of De Marcos, Susesta, Kodro, Ganea, Bala go. Might be some more not on game at the minute.

Congratulations :applause:

Sancet looks great for you! Although he is at Arsenal in my save, he's not even that good 4 seasons in. Maybe he has a variable potential!

On 31/05/2019 at 10:27, maccataq said:

Sancet looks great for you! Although he is at Arsenal in my save, he's not even that good 4 seasons in. Maybe he has a variable potential!

Sanchet has been starting regularly for me since 2 seasons in. Solid CM. Dude is like a Basque Lampard

I have a bit of an issue. I have a 5 star potential newgen who I acquired from Osasuna. He's been developing well and this is the season to promote him to the first team. The problem is he is now going into the final year of his contract and won't sign a new deal because he is disappointed not to have been allowed to join Deportivo on loan. This was last season but he was in my B team and I didn't want him to go out on loan as I could potentially give him first team opportunities whilst playing regularly in Segunda Division rather than rotating in a La Liga relegation team (and they did get relegated). Because he was in my B team, it's not really been front of mind and I thought he would have just got over it.

I'm worried this is actually a bug because it happened whilst he was in the B team / he's not going to get over it and I'm going to lose him on a free as he won't sign a new deal because of a slight issue. Since it is a slight issue, I can't even ask another squad member to talk him round.

Any experience of this? Will he just come round if he's getting first team chances?

5 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

@maccataq yeah hopefully if you give him a run of first team chances he'll come round, but it depends what you said to him when he came to you with his concerns too. I'd try giving him 7/8 starts in your first 10 games see how it goes. 

Good idea, I'll give it a try. I still have a right wing issue and Williams just picked up an injury so even though he's pre-dominantly a left winger, I have the opportunity to give him a run in the team. Fingers crossed!

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:27, maccataq said:

Thanks I've just loaned him out to Valladolid for the season as a key player to ensure he gets a full season of football in the same league as Bilbao. He will be ready for a rotation/first team spot next season when he returns.

On 02/06/2019 at 13:12, zlatanera said:

@maccataq yeah hopefully if you give him a run of first team chances he'll come round, but it depends what you said to him when he came to you with his concerns too. I'd try giving him 7/8 starts in your first 10 games see how it goes. 

Malaga came in with a loan offer and he was interested in this to get a better squad status so I accepted to see if it would help. I'm glad to say that after his move i was able to open talks with him and quickly shoved a 5 year deal in front of him. All sorted.

20 hours ago, lfc7 said:

My HOYD just came across this guy on transfer deadline day for a cool 375K upfront and £1.2M overall :D2140751850_2019-06-04(10).thumb.png.fc8744cb2e4c529a4985bc85f9171e33.png

Not bad at all! Who's your HOYD?

This was my biggest bargain...just £23k! I'm still waiting for the police to come knocking...

364283965_Screenshot2019-06-05at20_22_37.thumb.png.0ab814b403a3fe068e8e3d82dcee228f.png

20 hours ago, maccataq said:

Not bad at all! Who's your HOYD?

This was my biggest bargain...just £23k! I'm still waiting for the police to come knocking...

364283965_Screenshot2019-06-05at20_22_37.thumb.png.0ab814b403a3fe068e8e3d82dcee228f.png

Bernard Peters. 23K WOW :eek:

Ingo Ruiz De Galaretta!!

On one of the forums last night where there is talk of a potential return, whether true or not the fact he is in the conversation is fantastic and to see him run out for first team would be very emotional,

I can remember back when i first bought Fm years ago and Bilbao only came on my radar because 3 of the best prospects played for them along With Munain and Martinez but you could never buy them because the demanded the 30 odd mill buy out everytime and it made them more exotic because they were unobtainable, Galerreta used to be rated 4 half star by Liverpool and i googled him recently and he was seen as one of the best players for years but suffered horrendous injuries and has become a bit of a forgotton man bouncing around second tier clubs stop starting,

But by all accounts he played all season for Las Palmas and now teams are sniffing including Athletic, 

Even if he doesn't go now as long as he stays fit and keeps this up it will not be long before he returns, he was quoted saying he longs to return home where he loves so it would be a really lovely little story if it does happen one day not to long

2022/23 season - what an absolute nightmare this is! My title defence is not going well for a few reasons but because of the Qatar World Cup we're playing every 3 days or so on average and my squad has been a bit exposed. 3-4 of my first team squad from last season now have to be registered (previously u19s) so my squad effectively got smaller and we've moved on a few senior players like Benat, Raul Garcia and De Marcos, although I brought in Herrera.

Barca, Real and Valencia seem to be stronger than ever before and going into the WC I actually sit 5th and face a battle for CL qualification! We've been battering teams and not getting the results which is frustrating.

Anyone else struggled with this season?

• 3 weeks later...

Gone a bit quiet here :)

I've resumed my game and just finished the 27-28 season. We won the double, and retained the title we won in 26-27 (when we lost the CL final to Barca).

Pretty much all the starting squad have gone; Remiro/Williams probably have a season left in them now, although Sancet/Nunez are still going strong.

We've not had a great youth intake for a few seasons, despite having ex-Sevilla/Roma HOYD Roberto Samaden, whose stats/personality are as good as you'll find. Luckily we've hoovered up a lot of Basque talent - you can even get a Sociedad youngster 50% of the time (that said, I bid 97m for their teenage keeper who rejected me :seagull:)

We're pretty much covered across the park - wouldn't say we have loads of great individuals but it's a settled squad by and large and I hope the game rewards that collective development/close knitness.

Most pleasing was the recent Basque teenager I picked up after the new intake. He was listed with a value of 12m, which was odd......because he was at Man City's academy! Born in Baranain, he has English and Basque nationality - stats are decent in the mental/technical side of things, just got to work on the physicals. He cost 40m plus 20m in add-ons that, if we meet them, will be a bargain (because we'd have won the CL!)

Three in a row would be nice in La Liga but the CL is the real aim.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 20.35.14.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 20.35.00.png

12 hours ago, dothestrand said:

Gone a bit quiet here :)

I've resumed my game and just finished the 27-28 season. We won the double, and retained the title we won in 26-27 (when we lost the CL final to Barca).

Pretty much all the starting squad have gone; Remiro/Williams probably have a season left in them now, although Sancet/Nunez are still going strong.

We've not had a great youth intake for a few seasons, despite having ex-Sevilla/Roma HOYD Roberto Samaden, whose stats/personality are as good as you'll find. Luckily we've hoovered up a lot of Basque talent - you can even get a Sociedad youngster 50% of the time (that said, I bid 97m for their teenage keeper who rejected me :seagull:)

We're pretty much covered across the park - wouldn't say we have loads of great individuals but it's a settled squad by and large and I hope the game rewards that collective development/close knitness.

Most pleasing was the recent Basque teenager I picked up after the new intake. He was listed with a value of 12m, which was odd......because he was at Man City's academy! Born in Baranain, he has English and Basque nationality - stats are decent in the mental/technical side of things, just got to work on the physicals. He cost 40m plus 20m in add-ons that, if we meet them, will be a bargain (because we'd have won the CL!)

Three in a row would be nice in La Liga but the CL is the real aim.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 20.35.14.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 20.35.00.png

Nice work! Good to see you are having a spell of domestic domination! Are you finding by 2028 that Barca/Real aren't quite as strong?

In terms of the newgen, Txiki Begiristain is DOF at City and is Basque so I wonder if that had an influence?

I'm in the dreaded Qatar WC year - i won the title in 2022 but my title defence has been a non-event. So many games just made it hard to keep pace with a a formidable Klopp-led Barcelona! I'm going into the final 4 games and we are 3rd with CL already secured but going into the WC, we were 5th and facing a battle to even get top 4! Luckily, my squad management meant we were fresher for the 2nd half of the season and Valencia have fallen away and I've also overtaken Atletico. Strangely, we could still beat our points tally from last season where we were champions. We seem to get 86pts most seasons so if the competition is at it, we have a chance of a title but Barca are already at 95pts and will win the league with 1 more point I think.

I didn't realise that Lizarraga won't be joining us til next season!

I've also made one of the hardest decisions I've had to make and move Williams on. He was 34, his physicals declining and on huge money - Napoli signed him for 1.5m and paying all his salary. He was second choice and I have a few left-wingers who can play on the right when needed.

Best young players in my first team attached - we have a number of talented young players in the second team, who're in the second division - some of these will step up, and even those we move on should get us a decent fee. 

Barcelona are stronger than Real Madrid as a rule - they've won one title and runners up three times over the last four seasons (to us!). Real finished 3rd last season, 2nd the year before, and the two seasons before that didn't even make the top three. Real also haven't won the CL in the game. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 18.20.22.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 18.20.33.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 18.20.46.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 18.20.59.png

Barcelona just finished champions as expected in my save. They've won with 103pts! I ended up on 88pts which is actually my record tally, 2 more than my last season where we were champions so although I never mounted a title challenge, we improved somehow. My defence was the same but we scored 10 less. I really hope Klopp leaves because they are becoming formidable. I'll struggle to win La Liga again unless we can improve in attack or Barca drop off a bit. 

Hey everyone into season 3 now, but remembered i never posted a update for season 2 so here it is 

634427213_SpanishFirstDivision_OverviewStages-11.thumb.png.909862ff3a2f85a615b377b8f3cd2aba.png

After a 3rd place finish in season 1 was hoping to finish at least top 4 again, but my team fell apart around Feb and we ended up 9th so no Europe for season 3 :(

Didn't do great in Spanish Cup, but won the Spanish Super Cup

1996605824_2019-06-04(1).thumb.png.a96060f9527daae049244b7fffd3149b.png1912206086_2019-06-04(2).thumb.png.34f707f3922753632a7dcc4f87e62599.png

Done well in my CL group, but as i was playing poorly when knockouts came around i went out to Benfica 4-3 on agg which was really disappointing. 

2008144728_CLGROUP.thumb.png.f183e41ff012388707ea1a5dbeedb964.png

Didn't want to sell Simon but he was unhappy i rejected bid so sold, i never keep unhappy players who bitch and moan and wont sign new contracts with a wage rise to keep at club :lol:

1655351095_A.Bilbao_TransferHistorySEASON2.thumb.png.9f529d11d93c0943b89c2069889d59d4.png1698036331_Alonso_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.267573de65cf06d3e79215922ea9897f.png

Lastly best players from youth intake

1804834163_FermnGonzlez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.c5c782c803929e45f5e3f97dc9661e2b.png2087510382_IkerCasado_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.c9c4519ab781defdeeb5836842ff9100.png1958530661_LuisSangalli_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.9e0f007f5a2098ec340cc2ff5348e6c3.png

Edited by lfc7

Does everyone else struggle for good penalty takers? I always seem to have a real shortage and my newgens never have decent penalty stats. My wonderkid striker has risen to 13 which is decent. I have always had a few players in the squad around 12-13 but nothing overly reliable. Mikel San Jose used to be my most reliable and now Ander Herrera is my best with 15 but it just seems like a problem I have never seen in FM before.

10 hours ago, maccataq said:

Does everyone else struggle for good penalty takers? I always seem to have a real shortage and my newgens never have decent penalty stats. My wonderkid striker has risen to 13 which is decent. I have always had a few players in the squad around 12-13 but nothing overly reliable. Mikel San Jose used to be my most reliable and now Ander Herrera is my best with 15 but it just seems like a problem I have never seen in FM before.

Yep, never anyone higher than 13. It's always hilarious when you get to a cup penalty shootout, when you have only three guys perhaps with anything over 10. Still, they invariably score whatever their penalty taking rating. Is it something you can train - not sure if you can ask a coach to do something as an additional trait with a player???

• 2 weeks later...

Season 4
A disaster this season was. Tough to pinpoint how I wanted to play and my strikers were not scoring enough goals.

The transfers
w6f3KOP.png

The tactic
aFW5e5I.png

And the results
SAZqPOh.png
uiJvTcF.png

And now the players

9BNz7ZA.png
Did okish this year

l7JsH1n.png
Had some injury bugs. Unlucky

lNJgrb5.png
Solid at LB

dl4J40Y.png
Solid at the back

zKbKqG8.png
Solid RB

JCEH98M.png
Ok between the sticks

7AYdN75.png
See: Yeray

K1YA6ur.png
Still going

At least this guy won something
BLSMzL3.png

AND...San Mames will expand

Season 5
Well...at least we got 2nd again. Tough season as we barely improved our strike force. It's gonna be a tough few seasons to come if the current crop doesn't develop.

rGmoeta.png
The transfers were meh. Had to sell Iker because he was moaning about playing time but he seems to get hurt or go on a bad form constantly. Yeray and GDA were sold. The latter was very injury prone in the end so it was just about time.

Dhg64JE.png
This was the tactic for most of the season. Tough to figure out whether to use Mezzala or the Carrileros. Gotta protect the wings on defense tho so the latter makes sense

And the results
iZ1IU02.png
MBkzfWk.png

And for those who care, here are the coaches
XDIvK0j.png

And the facilities
VZ5tzYv.png

And some players
EPGnaAA.png
Both he and Garritano were struggling trying to get going. Going to be a tough next season forward wise.

rvA9LmL.png
See Vicuna

z3kXfS1.png
One of the most dissappointing seasons for him. The injuries didn't help tho

SdCxKfK.png
See: Lopez

bb3XWnA.png
Trying to see if he can become the new Cantona. He has a lot of promise as a SS

4ujts2h.png
Still the man

Pb7k5xP.png
He is hot and cold at times and I wonder if the other two GKs I got could succeed him now

E1PYjox.png
Solid at the DM position

MQ1TdSn.png
He has successfully succeeded Yeray at CB and he has not looked back

hCmVk4H.png
He has succeeded Cordoba at LB.

rGJZeq1.png
Record signing Alvaro can't keep this guy out of the team (although thats because of his injuries)

The expanded San Mames is going well. Now it's gonna get bigger
odnl3yH.png
il2d7u1.png

9 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Season 5
Well...at least we got 2nd again. Tough season as we barely improved our strike force. It's gonna be a tough few seasons to come if the current crop doesn't develop.

rGmoeta.png
The transfers were meh. Had to sell Iker because he was moaning about playing time but he seems to get hurt or go on a bad form constantly. Yeray and GDA were sold. The latter was very injury prone in the end so it was just about time.

Dhg64JE.png
This was the tactic for most of the season. Tough to figure out whether to use Mezzala or the Carrileros. Gotta protect the wings on defense tho so the latter makes sense

And the results
iZ1IU02.png
MBkzfWk.png

And for those who care, here are the coaches
XDIvK0j.png

And the facilities
VZ5tzYv.png

And some players
EPGnaAA.png
Both he and Garritano were struggling trying to get going. Going to be a tough next season forward wise.

rvA9LmL.png
See Vicuna

z3kXfS1.png
One of the most dissappointing seasons for him. The injuries didn't help tho

SdCxKfK.png
See: Lopez

bb3XWnA.png
Trying to see if he can become the new Cantona. He has a lot of promise as a SS

4ujts2h.png
Still the man

Pb7k5xP.png
He is hot and cold at times and I wonder if the other two GKs I got could succeed him now

E1PYjox.png
Solid at the DM position

MQ1TdSn.png
He has successfully succeeded Yeray at CB and he has not looked back

hCmVk4H.png
He has succeeded Cordoba at LB.

rGJZeq1.png
Record signing Alvaro can't keep this guy out of the team (although thats because of his injuries)

The expanded San Mames is going well. Now it's gonna get bigger
odnl3yH.png
il2d7u1.png

Enjoyed reading your update. Some bold sales there but hopefully your youngsters can step up! Have you managed to win La Liga yet? Once you can get your strikers firing consistently you will see your results become more consistent.