The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide

• SI Staff
53 minutes ago, Weston said:

Then why does determination need to decrease for other positive hidden attributes to increase?

I think you've misunderstood me there.

Lots of attributes make up a player's personality, many of them hidden. Just because Determination went down does not mean the Welcome to Club mentoring could not have been "positive", other (hidden) attributes that contribute towards personality could have increased as a result, giving an overall positive impact. Determination did not fall to allow this to happen, Determination fell for the same reason the other (hidden) attributes rose, because the mentee moved towards the mentor's personality.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

I think you've misunderstood me there.

Lots of attributes make up a player's personality, many of them hidden. Just because Determination went down does not mean the Welcome to Club mentoring could not have been "positive", other (hidden) attributes that contribute towards personality could have increased as a result, giving an overall positive impact. Determination did not fall to allow this to happen, Determination fell for the same reason the other (hidden) attributes rose, because the mentee moved towards the mentor's personality.

Ah, I see.

10 hours ago, Weston said:

I don't think so... what do you think?

image.thumb.png.b9f48c678c2c108e44eb7a0d535a255c.png

image.thumb.png.f0be340e564cd5eba6dc0bf891a59e6a.png

image.thumb.png.cf8c5d92354f10920c2adc1f30e5e3cc.png

Seems harsh if that backroom team is dragging you down. It is not excellent but its not bad per say either.

Maybe try to change those with below 13-14 determination who is not model pros?

18 horas atrás, Seb Wassell disse:

The rehab options are only available during and just after the "rehabilitation" (orange INJ icon) phase of injury. 'General Rehab' is the default. These are powerful individual training focuses that place extra and accelerated focus on attributes that may have been damaged by the injury. They encourage rapid growth in these areas, allowing a player to partially or fully regain lost attributes. This only applies to attributes that dropped as a result of the injury, you cannot exploit them for "new" gains, and are not guaranteed to fully return a player to their pre-injury levels. As with all training, it will be more effective for younger, more willing players, that have access to better resources. More severe injuries = more time for this rehab, but similarly the more time that will be needed to possibly regain attributes.

Thanks. So in terms of training and since general rehab is default, I shouldn't do nothing special for those returning from long term injuries?

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

Thanks. So in terms of training and since general rehab is default, I shouldn't do nothing special for those returning from long term injuries?

That would be up to you!

Hello, I don't know if was already asked... I see in the in game tips and a bit everywhere, that to avoid jadeness and keep the players fresh for the long term, you need a good preseason. What does mean? Hard preseason, I get many injuries. Can you give me some tips please? 

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, zemaniano85 said:

Hello, I don't know if was already asked... I see in the in game tips and a bit everywhere, that to avoid jadeness and keep the players fresh for the long term, you need a good preseason. What does mean? Hard preseason, I get many injuries. Can you give me some tips please? 

On 29/10/2019 at 14:20, herne79 said:

Best Practice

Pre-Season

It is advisable to run a proper pre-season, whether this be from our list of pre-season templates or your creating your own. If left to the Assistant, he will run pre-season according to his preferences.

During pre-season players will most likely be at their minimum level of fatigue, the exception being those returning from summer international duty. When fatigue is low a player that works hard physically (sessions that increase fatigue) will improve his long term fitness, meaning he can stave off jadedness longer into the season. However, when a player is already becoming fatigued, sessions that are overly physical (increase fatigue) will tire the player further, meaning he will eventually become jaded.
As such, if you run a proper pre-season the players will remain fitter and last longer into the season proper. Under-working the players in pre-season or over-working the players during the season itself will lead to fatigue.
Of course, too much physical work at any time raises the risk of injury, but this can be an acceptable trade-off if you wish to work the players hard.
Pre-season is also a great time to work on those physical attributes that simply cannot be worked on in any great amount during the season itself due to the fixture schedule.

Cheers Lads, 

great work and I read through most of it. There are some different approaches to training and I couldn’t make my best schedule. I need help because:

I have a training schedule which fits to my tactical approach and the results are top!

But I have difficulties in getting my players better in lifting some attributes up. I have a German 2. Division Team with good facilities and a good team of Trainers. How can I improve the green arrows and make my players better?

My guess is that my individual training isn’t the best.

thx

Edited by HanziZoloman

9 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Thanks. I read it through and I got what I was looking for. One question by the way. How do I know if the weekly schedule is light, medium or heavy. I mean, I want be able to adjust it, and as it says, balancing the session that is OK, I can see which session gives me more intensity, but how can I know when the overall schedule has achieved the desired level of intensity? @Seb Wassell

13 minutes ago, zemaniano85 said:

Thanks. I read it through and I got what I was looking for. One question by the way. How do I know if the weekly schedule is light, medium or heavy. I mean, I want be able to adjust it, and as it says, balancing the session that is OK, I can see which session gives me more intensity, but how can I know when the overall schedule has achieved the desired level of intensity? @Seb Wassell

Screenshot_1.png.33552c30a3a50c07af2fad9

The training intensity is relative to a normal 90 minutes match intensity.

That means in this session above, GK / Def / Att units will train 40% comparing to 90 minutes match intensity (which 100%).

Balancing training schedules is a little hard, when having to achieve:

- Tactical Familiarity
- Position/Roles Familiarity
- Developing Attributes
- Not over-train or under-train players

*It's not a good idea to have heavy intensity, a day before the match.

7 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Screenshot_1.png.33552c30a3a50c07af2fad9

The training intensity is relative to a normal 90 minutes match intensity.

That means in this session above, GK / Def / Att units will train 40% comparing to 90 minutes match intensity (which 100%).

Balancing training schedules is a little hard, when having to achieve:

- Tactical Familiarity
- Position/Roles Familiarity
- Developing Attributes
- Not over-train or under-train players

*It's not a good idea to have heavy intensity, a day before the match.

Well, I understand that daily intensity, but how can I know the overall week intensity? How can I know if the week is balanced enough? There should be a sign to tell me, hey look you are very hight this week or too light @Cadoni

Edited by zemaniano85

• SI Staff
On 13/05/2020 at 09:51, zemaniano85 said:

Well, I understand that daily intensity, but how can I know the overall week intensity? How can I know if the week is balanced enough? There should be a sign to tell me, hey look you are very hight this week or too light @Cadoni

You can estimate this via the 'Training > Schedules' page, which gives you values for each category across the whole week as well as values broken down by unit and by day:

image.thumb.png.b16c8f775ccb8facd52ebfea6d129a57.png

The reason this is not displayed as an overall intensity on the Training Calendar is that it wouldn't actually apply in a practical sense.

Firstly, whilst the schedules are designed and implemented (by us and you) conceptually on a weekly basis, training is an ongoing thing, it isn't split up week-by-week in its effects. We don't clear down the impacts of training on a Sunday ready for a fresh start on a Monday, just like we wouldn't return every player to 100% condition following the final game of the season, it's a continuous thing. Displaying the impacts as we do should allow you to make informed decisions without contradicting the above.
Secondly, there is no such thing as "balanced enough". The definition of "balanced", and whether that is even desirable, all depends on what you want out of training and what is most appropriate for your team. This comes down to you as the Manager, the style you want to implement, the development you wish to encourage and your assessment of the associated benefits/risks.

46 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

You can estimate this via the 'Training > Schedules' page, which gives you values for each category across the whole week as well as values broken down by unit and by day:

image.thumb.png.b16c8f775ccb8facd52ebfea6d129a57.png

The reason this is not displayed as an overall intensity on the Training Calendar is that it wouldn't actually apply in a practical sense.

Firstly, whilst the schedules are designed and implemented (by us and you) conceptually on a weekly basis, training is an ongoing thing, it isn't split up week-by-week in its effects. We don't clear down the impacts of training on a Sunday ready for a fresh start on a Monday, just like we wouldn't return every player to 100% condition following the final game of the season, it's a continuous thing. Displaying the impacts as we do should allow you to make informed decisions without contradicting the above.
Secondly, there is no such thing as "balanced enough". The definition of "balanced", and whether that is even desirable, all depends on what you want out of training and what is most appropriate for your team. This comes down to you as the Manager, the style you want to implement, the development you wish to encourage and your assessment of the associated benefits/risks.

A bit complicate for me as answer, but I got what you mean by the way. Thanks 

On 13/05/2020 at 07:35, HanziZoloman said:

Cheers Lads, 

great work and I read through most of it. There are some different approaches to training and I couldn’t make my best schedule. I need help because:

I have a training schedule which fits to my tactical approach and the results are top!

But I have difficulties in getting my players better in lifting some attributes up. I have a German 2. Division Team with good facilities and a good team of Trainers. How can I improve the green arrows and make my players better?

My guess is that my individual training isn’t the best.

thx

Well maybe my question has been overlooked :)

On 06/04/2020 at 17:16, mikcheck said:

Can mentoring change a player's bravery? I'm finding strange a 2 point decrease (from 13 to 11)  in such a short period. Curiousy he has now the same bravery as his mentor, younger than him. Can that be a reason? The fact that his mentor is younger?

I don´t know about bravery and mentoring but I do know that an injury could result in a decrease in bravery.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but can't training schedules be imported for semi-pro teams?

Every time I load a schedule, it will not save and become available in the training calendar under Custom Schedules. 

15 hours ago, Dantè Hicks said:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but can't training schedules be imported for semi-pro teams?

Every time I load a schedule, it will not save and become available in the training calendar under Custom Schedules. 

Are those training schedules is for professional club?

7 hours ago, Dantè Hicks said:

Yes.

You can't import professional training schedules to semi-professional clubs.

Professional Clubs have:

Available Training Sessions: 18 / 1 Match per Week

Semi-Professional Clubs have:

Available Training Sessions: 4 / 1 Match per Week

On 26/05/2020 at 02:34, Cadoni said:

You can't import professional training schedules to semi-professional clubs.

Professional Clubs have:

Available Training Sessions: 18 / 1 Match per Week

Semi-Professional Clubs have:

Available Training Sessions: 4 / 1 Match per Week

Thanks Cadoni. Makes sense.

Hello guys,

it is really difficult for me to raise the skills of my players over the saison. My training is usually specified for Gegenpress, with much technical and tactical input. I have almost no general training. Players are trained in no specific role training but with individual focus and double intensity.

coach workload ist average as I don’t have much money (heart of Midlothian)

23 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Hello guys,

it is really difficult for me to raise the skills of my players over the saison. My training is usually specified for Gegenpress, with much technical and tactical input. I have almost no general training. Players are trained in no specific role training but with individual focus and double intensity.

How good are your coaches and what kind of training facilites do you have?

3 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

How good are your coaches and what kind of training facilites do you have?

Thanks!

The facilities are excellent as well as youth development. Coaches are the best in Scottish premiership.

2 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

The facilities are excellent as well as youth development. Coaches are the best in Scottish premiership.

Youth recruitment, youth coaching and youth facilities influence the quality of your regens but don't matter when you already have the player. From there it's just your training facilities and coaches.

I don't know. If facilites are excellent and you have the best coaches, and your players have the ptential, they should be improving. 

On 29/05/2020 at 12:53, HanziZoloman said:

Hello guys,

Sometimes isn't always the case of facilities or quality of coaches. It depends from player to player.

6 hours ago, yolixeya said:

I don't know. If facilites are excellent and you have the best coaches, and your players have the ptential, they should be improving. 

2 hours ago, Cadoni said:
On 29/05/2020 at 11:53, HanziZoloman said:

Sometimes isn't always the case of facilities or quality of coaches. It depends from player to player

Thanks guys! I believe they get better a little but could be more. Maybe I read the guidance again to find the weak spots. Do have any suggestions where to look first?

With double intensity and player position training and additional focus, development is slower, but more specific where the remaining PA you want to share it - spend it. 

Coaching personalities matters. 

Coaching attributes matters. 

Training facilities matters. 

Player hidden stats matters. Sportsmanship, Professionalism etc... 

2 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Thx man! I do player position training or individual focus. Though for faster development you advise normal intensity?

It's really depend how you want to develop players.

More training sessions, means players will train more - aka faster development? Hmmm that's up to player.

The double intensity means you increase workload of him.

You want heavy training or X player heavy workload?

Sometimes heavy training is better, sometimes heavy personal workload is better.

Training alone will not reach his X PA. You need mentoring programm, playing game programm etc.

11 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Wow, quiet individual.. 

I‘ll check on it thanks

Sometimes, 5 star PA player need much more focus on mentoring from training as an example.

Sometimes needs less game playing time in the other hand.

Not all players develop in the same way.

Yes, there is no Plug & Play development here.

Hmmm... what should I expect? I have no big pending transfers that could be canceled, so worst case scenario they try to sell some of my players and/or buy ones I don't need?

I suppose I could get a lot of money, but I suppose it's also possible the next owner is actually less willing to fund the squad? I have no idea what I'm in for should something happen.

image.thumb.png.0d9b4c359f5c052e07fc73eafe0cc47b.png

4 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Sometimes, 5 star PA player need much more focus on mentoring from training as an example.

Sometimes needs less game playing time in the other hand.

Not all players develop in the same way.

Yes, there is no Plug & Play development here.

Thx man! I‘ll try my best. Check on player personalities, mentoring and stuff. Well maybe I read through this guide a third time ... :)

1 hour ago, Renyy said:

Basically trying to figure out if one player will have the same (excluding random variables) development in the reserves team playing friendlies as he would in the first team playing official games

There you'll already have a big difference. Friendly games are just that. They're not competitive matches. Even if they were in a reserve league, playing competitive reserve matches, it's still much lower than 'proper' first team football where the level of play is at a much higher standard.

7 minutes ago, Renyy said:

The interesting bit is that the match experience doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Despite exclusively playing reserve team games, players in my first team develop faster than players in my reserves team. Reserves team also has better coaches at a lighter work load. 

Hmm. Training itself isn't my strongest area. It's maybe something that @Seb Wassell could shed some light on, if he doesn't mind.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Renyy said:

The interesting bit is that the match experience doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Despite exclusively playing reserve team games, players in my first team develop faster than players in my reserves team. Reserves team also has better coaches at a lighter work load. 

10 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Hmm. Training itself isn't my strongest area. It's maybe something that @Seb Wassell could shed some light on, if he doesn't mind.

Playing time at an appropriate level is the one. On average, you would expect matches for your first team to be more beneficial for development than matches for the reserves.

If players are influenced more by players in their mentoring group than other teammates in general, does this scenario make sense?

These players have low influence, but high determination and decent personalities. If they're above the average in determination but below average in influence, it stands to reason they may be pulled down to the mean and lose determination.

So, would putting them in a mentoring group with each other allow them to hype each other up a bit? Would spending more time via mentoring group with players with similarly high determination, similar personalities, and similarly low influence help solidify the determination and make it less impervious to the masses?

image.thumb.png.fcbd3692215d3d1dbc680313f57cd994.png

...or am I just overthinking this?

If it matters, the top player is a CAM, bottom two are CBs. Top two are new signings, bottom one has been here for a year already. All are 18-21.

Edited by Weston

On 12/06/2020 at 20:47, Weston said:

If players are influenced more by players in their mentoring group than other teammates in general, does this scenario make sense?

These players have low influence, but high determination and decent personalities. If they're above the average in determination but below average in influence, it stands to reason they may be pulled down to the mean and lose determination.

So, would putting them in a mentoring group with each other allow them to hype each other up a bit? Would spending more time via mentoring group with players with similarly high determination, similar personalities, and similarly low influence help solidify the determination and make it less impervious to the masses?

image.thumb.png.fcbd3692215d3d1dbc680313f57cd994.png

...or am I just overthinking this?

If it matters, the top player is a CAM, bottom two are CBs. Top two are new signings, bottom one has been here for a year already. All are 18-21.

Anyone have any idea?

Don't think so @scuba_steve410

What's the difference between the set pieces training modules? In other words; the last option seems to be the 'best' because it seems to train both free kicks and corners (except the defending part). Am I right? 

• SI Staff
On 17/06/2020 at 17:22, Weston said:

Anyone have any idea?

'Estimated influence on group' is a good guide, but it doesn't mean someone with Light influence cannot influence others, it just means it's less likely than someone with a higher level.

For Determination to change here, a player needs to influence another. There's a chance no one in that group will influence anyone else, especially as they are all young and not estimated to have much influence on one another. It might prevent them from taking after another player in the squad, but I would expect it mostly to do very little.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Sophomore said:

Don't think so @scuba_steve410

What's the difference between the set pieces training modules? In other words; the last option seems to be the 'best' because it seems to train both free kicks and corners (except the defending part). Am I right? 

If you are referring to the Delivery one, this is focused on the delivery of those set pieces as opposed to the conversion of them.

• SI Staff
On 18/06/2020 at 13:44, scuba_steve410 said:

I was wondering is there any way to go back and see/get an old training schedule if I progress past that month. I do not have the previous save.

Unfortunately not. You'd need to 'save' a schedule in order to be able to load it up again at a future point.

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

'Estimated influence on group' is a good guide, but it doesn't mean someone with Light influence cannot influence others, it just means it's less likely than someone with a higher level.

For Determination to change here, a player needs to influence another. There's a chance no one in that group will influence anyone else, especially as they are all young and not estimated to have much influence on one another. It might prevent them from taking after another player in the squad, but I would expect it mostly to do very little.

So are you saying the influence indicator is not relative, meaning that in a group of lights they won't have increased influence amongst each other as opposed to when competing with averages or significants, but rather they simply remain closer to 0 actual influence regardless?

If the possible results to doing this are nothing or some slight insulation from more influential players with worse determination ratings, I might as well go ahead and do it anyway, unless you think there are any possible negatives that I'm missing.

On 20/06/2020 at 03:22, Weston said:

So are you saying the influence indicator is not relative, meaning that in a group of lights they won't have increased influence amongst each other as opposed to when competing with averages or significants, but rather they simply remain closer to 0 actual influence regardless?

If the possible results to doing this are nothing or some slight insulation from more influential players with worse determination ratings, I might as well go ahead and do it anyway, unless you think there are any possible negatives that I'm missing.

Basically you need a player who has more influence on others to impact positively on the ones you hope to mentor at the end of the day. 

2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Basically you need a player who has more influence on others to impact positively on the ones you hope to mentor at the end of the day. 

Right, but I'm not trying to have them mentor each other so much as keep them from being mentored by anyone else. Does that make sense?