New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

Also looking to buy a new laptop to get back into FM. Use to play a lot of it but my laptop has been slow has contributed to killing the game for me. Determined to get back into FM this year though.

Would this be good for playing the game?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/hp/hp-15-ac106tx-15-notebook-silver/772117/

What operating system has it got?

Don't expect to play very detailed games, that is, games with lots of leagues and a large database.

I'd recommend keeping the leagues to the bare minimum and a small database.

What's your budget?

Just to check where in the world you are - that's an Australian site, but your location says London.

Hey mate,

I use to live in London, but in Australia now. Do you think that laptop would be a good one, or could you recommend one? Budget in terms of pounds would be approx 600.

What operating system has it got?

Don't expect to play very detailed games, that is, games with lots of leagues and a large database.

I'd recommend keeping the leagues to the bare minimum and a small database.

What's your budget?

I was going to buy the cube £500 laptop to play, my work gave me the Fuijtsu laptop, so I was wondering would it be worth playing FM on it, I always play in 3d with most major European leagues.

OS is 32bit

Hi

I need to buy my son a laptop which will need to pay FM16 and play the 3D match engine with at least medium graphics detail. Not too worried about number of leagues as he'll probably only want to play English Leagues plus a couple more countries may be.

Budget is around £400. I have picked out this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y0LWQ52/ref=psdc_429886031_t3_B00Y0LWQAW

It's an Asus X555LA 15.6-Inch Notebook (Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, DVDRW, Webcam, Intel HD Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

Just need to know how it will play the game. Appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

Hi

I need to buy my son a laptop which will need to pay FM16 and play the 3D match engine with at least medium graphics detail. Not too worried about number of leagues as he'll probably only want to play English Leagues plus a couple more countries may be.

Budget is around £400. I have picked out this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y0LWQ52/ref=psdc_429886031_t3_B00Y0LWQAW

It's an Asus X555LA 15.6-Inch Notebook (Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, DVDRW, Webcam, Intel HD Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

Cheers.

It will play the game fine as long as he doesn't go overboard with he settings and doesn't do much else at the same time. Tip is to wait as long as you can for a sale before buying anything.

Hi

Cheers.

Not so sure that the Igpu(Intel HD Integrated Graphics) is capable enough to play 3D at medium settings...

Not so sure that the Igpu(Intel HD Integrated Graphics) is capable enough to play 3D at medium settings...

Thanks for the replies. We are currently running the FM15 Demo on a i7 with Intel HD 3300 and playing on medium settings with no scenery and it is fine. Just a bit concerned that dropping to an i5 (albeit a 3 year newer laptop) will make the 3D unplayable.

I use a lenovo B590.

I3-3110M 2.40GHZ QUAD CORE 64BIT

8gb ram

intel hd graphics 4000.

windows 10

Running

England,Germany,Spain,Belgium and Swiss leagues (all on full) and with 125000 players and it has no trouble what so ever. managed to get to my 6th season and it was fine.

3d match engine runs perfect with all scenery selected.

Thanks for the replies. We are currently running the FM15 Demo on a i7 with Intel HD 3300 and playing on medium settings with no scenery and it is fine. Just a bit concerned that dropping to an i5 (albeit a 3 year newer laptop) will make the 3D unplayable.

In terms of integrated graphics the newer i5 is probably more advanced. Haven't actually played FM on one but they're pretty capable for that kind of low-end 3D.

I'm looking into buying a new laptop this week, and will be looking to start a new season with as many leagues selected as possible, and a large database. I don't really know what is needed to do this, but I've been looking at one laptop and was wondering if anyone knew wether or not it would do what I requir.

Windows

Intel® Core™ i7-5557U Processor

Memory: 16 GB

Graphics: Intel® Iris™

Storage: 1 TB

This is the spec of the laptop I'm looking at. My current laptop runs 5-6 leagues on large data base easily, and has 600gb storage, 6GB memory, an core i5 processor and NVIDIA OPTIMUS graphics card, so I assume that the new one would be able to handle more but wanted to make sure.

Hey all

Not great with this sort of stuff so help is needed please. Looking to get a new laptop for FM16 coming out but not sure what type to get. Budget is around 350-400

Not overly fussed about graphics card as only watch games on 2d anyway but want the game to run smoothly with a good few leagues loaded.

If you find any could you include a link

Much appreciated folks !

Can someone please let me know if this laptop would be good to run for fm16, really want to get something decent!

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/hp/hp-15-ac106tx-15-notebook-silver/772117/

what's your budget?

are you going to use the laptop for anything else? (other games etc.)

where are you from? (if you are from the us for example i won't link EU websop :))

just realized you are in australia (the link ends in .au:))

how about this: http://www.mwave.com.au/product/acer-aspire-e557377hc-156-hd-notebook-i75500u-8gb-1tb-win81-64bit-ab67433#detailTabs=tabSpecifications

it has a faster processor, but it is a lot cheaper (the rest of the specs look the same)

Hi Feriboy2,

That looks great, mainly just fm plus the net and other bits and pieces. No other major requirement.

Thanks for the recommendation, I think I will trust your word!

Thanks again ?

Hi Feriboy2,

That looks great, mainly just fm plus the net and other bits and pieces. No other major requirement.

Thanks for the recommendation, I think I will trust your word!

Thanks again

Is a laptop necessary for you? I'm building myself a desktop computer for about 150 euros and that is going to be faster than that laptop. (and it will be a LOT faster if i overclock it properly)

I can't recommend a laptop for playing fm honestly.

Is a laptop necessary for you? I'm building myself a desktop computer for about 150 euros and that is going to be faster than that laptop. (and it will be a LOT faster if i overclock it properly)

I can't recommend a laptop for playing fm honestly.

Honestly though, Australia is EXPENSIVE for computer-y stuff

if you're into the 3D ness, then I'd actually look HERE (the HP Pavilion under performance 3)

although it will require you to go and pick it up, which could be a decent option (unless you're in WA)

Have been playing on a desktop for the last 10 years but now need a laptop so I can move it about the house (without unplugging the desktop as I have been doing!).

Laptop needs to be at least 17" and have good 3D graphics and quick game speed (typically large database with about 6 leagues loaded). Budget £800.

Saw this but have never heard of Cube before. Any recommendations please? Thanks in advance.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CP7860-1010SN-Cube-Chameleon-CP-7860_1811148.html

Hi guys,

I'm able to get a discount on laptops form Tesco and was wondering if this one is any good? http://www.tesco.com/direct/lenovo-y50-156-fhd-gaming-notebook-with-external-dvdrw/767-3277.prd?skuId=767-3277

I imagine they're not the most competitive on prices but I get 20% off which should make it worthwhile.

Are there any other better laptops available on the Direct website?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm able to get a discount on laptops form Tesco and was wondering if this one is any good? http://www.tesco.com/direct/lenovo-y50-156-fhd-gaming-notebook-with-external-dvdrw/767-3277.prd?skuId=767-3277

I imagine they're not the most competitive on prices but I get 20% off which should make it worthwhile.

Are there any other better laptops available on the Direct website?

Thanks

That will easily run FM.

A tip for everyone posting in here, the most important thing you should look for is the processor. The better the processor the more leagues etc you can run. FM is all about processing power. I would always recommend 8gb of RAM as well, 16gb is overkill in my opinion.

The better the graphics card the better the ability to watch matches in 3D on higher settings. If you're looking to save money, you should save money on the graphics card.

Although if you are looking to play games other than FM on your laptop you will need a fairly decent graphics card as well.

The laptop posted by Ginola* at the top if this page would be perfect for FM and is at an affordable price as well, so that would be my recommendation.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm really looking for a laptop that will be lightning quick when running FM, with a large database. I also want to make sure that graphics are maxed out in the 3D match.

I'll be able to get that laptop for £600, so the same price as the cube you suggested, which one would you go for? Which has the better processor?

Thanks,

Martin

That will easily run FM.

A tip for everyone posting in here

Problem is that people don't understand the processor numbers, or how it works in terms of RAM, graphics cards etc. Most people just ask for advice.

The larger the budget the more they can get for their pound. Again it's about finding the compromise of what's needed for them personally.

Everyone is different and have different requirements.

For people posting it would be great to state your Budget first

1. Amount of a leagues/clubs ... Lots ... Medium... Few
  2. Are 3d graphics important? Y/N
  3. What other tasks do you do when playing FM? ... Watch Videos/listen music/write letters/emails/ etc.
  4. Is game speed essential? Yes...want fast progression. No- I don't mind if it's fast or slow to progress in game
  5. Fast load and save times? Do you want your game to load/save faster or do you care that it can take 5 minutes to load/save?
  6. Screen size important? Y/N If yes, what screen size would you prefer? 11inch, 13inch, 15inch or 17+inch
  7. Does it need to be portable (light) or do you want it as a desktop replacement (heavier and not ideal for carrying around but ok for situated in your house a various locations (bedroom, sitting room etc.)
  8. Where are you in the world and where do you usually buy from online???

I think those are the essential questions to answer when posting.

Bear in mind if your budget is £300 and you want to play 10 leagues with 100 clubs and a large database viewing 3d matches and load and saving is fast with quick day to day in game turnover... then you can't expect that.

The lower your budget the lower the amount of leagues you can play, the less likely you can watch matches in 3d, the slower the in game progression will be, along with load and saving the game when starting up.

The higher your budget the more you can expect from your laptop to perform at the higher end of the scale.

Amount of a leagues/clubs, Large database, usually only play in England, but i'd like more leagues so I have more players available to transfer.

Are 3d graphics important? Yes

What other tasks do you do when playing FM? Not many, I don't play other games, generally surf the web.

Is game speed essential? Yes...want fast progression. I want a "good" FM experience, I feel with my current laptop i'm compromising on graphics and processing time/size of database.

Fast load and save times? Faster is better.

Screen size important? Not that bothered, 13 or 15.

Does it need to be portable: Not that portable as it rarely moves.

Where are you in the world and where do you usually buy from online. Based in the UK, preferably purchase from Tesco Direct as I can get a discount, if not i'm happy to purchase from anywhere, Amazon would be useful.

Max budget is probably £750, could go higher if I get a lot more for my money, happy to go lower if that budget is not needed!

I think this is excellent value and does what you need.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CZ5840-745LS-Cube-Chameleon-CZ-5840_1840027.html

Pretty good too - but the hard drive is not as fast - so it will be slightly slower loading and saving the game, but won't affect in game progression

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CP5860-898WK-Cube-Chameleon-Cp-5860_1742543.html

An excellent choice, fast processing of the game, great graphics card, lots of RAM - with the OS and your games saved to the SSD drive you'll have faster boot up time and load and save your game faster. Save other things to the other drive as there's not a lot of space on the SSD for everything.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/N551JX-DM193H-ASUS-N551JX-DM193H_1771346.html

Note that you can upgrade the SSD to a larger volume in a year or two if you need to.

I think this is excellent value and does what you need.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CZ5840-745LS-Cube-Chameleon-CZ-5840_1840027.html

Pretty good too - but the hard drive is not as fast - so it will be slightly slower loading and saving the game, but won't affect in game progression

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CP5860-898WK-Cube-Chameleon-Cp-5860_1742543.html

An excellent choice, fast processing of the game, great graphics card, lots of RAM - with the OS and your games saved to the SSD drive you'll have faster boot up time and load and save your game faster. Save other things to the other drive as there's not a lot of space on the SSD for everything.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/N551JX-DM193H-ASUS-N551JX-DM193H_1771346.html

Note that you can upgrade the SSD to a larger volume in a year or two if you need to.

Thanks Smurf,

Out of those three which is the best? Also surprised that your second choice isn't as good as your top choice despite being more expensive?

I can get a discount at Tesco Direct, can get this for £600 how does it comapre to the laptops you've suggested? http://www.tesco.com/direct/lenovo-y50-156-fhd-gaming-notebook-with-external-dvdrw/767-3277.prd?skuId=767-3277

Thanks for your help

Amount of a leagues/clubs - lots/medium

2.Are 3d graphics important? Not particularly but Is preferable

3.What other tasks do you do when playing FM? not much else, will listen to music occasionally

4.Is game speed essential? Yes...want fast progression.

5.Fast load and save times? Do you want your game to load/save faster or do you care that it can take 5 minutes to load/save? Not overly fussed about load/save times as long as its quick in game

6.Screen size important? Y/N If yes, what screen size would you prefer? 13 or above

7.Does it need to be portable (light) or do you want it as a desktop replacement (heavier and not ideal for carrying around but ok for situated in your house a various locations (bedroom, sitting room etc.) - Not too fussed about weight, as long as its not a complete brick

8.Where are you in the world and where do you usually buy from online??? UK

Budget is £500, cheers!

The choices weren't in any particular order - for the record I'd go for the 3rd one.

1st one if you can't muster up the rest of the dough.

2nd one is my my last choice - perhaps I could have ordered them that way huh...

The one in tesco is very good and on par with the above.

The most important thing is that the tesco one is a dual core, where all the others I point to are quad core.

The other thing holding it back is the hard drive is not as fast, which will slow down your boot up time (starting the laptop from shut down/rebooting) and the game will not save or load fast, but it won't affect in game progression at all.

Amount of a leagues/clubs - lots/medium

2.Are 3d graphics important? Not particularly but Is preferable

3.What other tasks do you do when playing FM? not much else, will listen to music occasionally

5.Fast load and save times? Do you want your game to load/save faster or do you care that it can take 5 minutes to load/save? Not overly fussed about load/save times as long as its quick in game

6.Screen size important? Y/N If yes, what screen size would you prefer? 13 or above

7.Does it need to be portable (light) or do you want it as a desktop replacement (heavier and not ideal for carrying around but ok for situated in your house a various locations (bedroom, sitting room etc.) - Not too fussed about weight, as long as its not a complete brick

Budget is £500, cheers!

I'd recommend this one for you http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/CB-CZ5840-1010SR-Cube-Chameleon-CZ-5840_1811159.html

This Model 2.5 Kg

(Note I only use that website because it's easy to filter. If you prefer to buy anywhere else please post a link to where you want to buy from.)

The choices weren't in any particular order - for the record I'd go for the 3rd one.

2nd one is my my last choice - perhaps I could have ordered them that way huh...

The most important thing is that the tesco one is a dual core, where all the others I point to are quad core.

The other thing holding it back is the hard drive is not as fast, which will slow down your boot up time (starting the laptop from shut down/rebooting) and the game will not save or load fast, but it won't affect in game progression at all.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/lenovo-y50-156-fhd-gaming-notebook-with-external-dvdrw/582-6347.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=582-6347 How about this? I should be able to get it for £720.

Thanks

Hi Smurf,

Just to let you know i went for your first suggestion, it looks more than good enough for what i'm looking to do. Thanks for your help.

It's very good - the only thing would be the hard drive which could be a bit slow with load and save times. Just so you know, the further you go in a career save, in terms of year, the more data that is stored, the more data the larger the file size, the larger the file size the longer it takes to load and save.

If you're only planning on 10 year careers and starting over then that's fine. If you're planning on taking on a career than spans 20+ years then you will notice a slow down in load and save times.

However, it's very good and if you're happy with it, going on the above, then go for it.

I have a question about my current laptop if someone can help. Played FM on a desktop for years but now travelling with work is finding my time at home limited so was going to stick FM on my laptop this year. This is my current laptop:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009RGBD2C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Will this be okay running FM at a decent pace? I don't go crazy with the amount of leagues or anything and normally run the ME at a basic 3D setting but would be happy to move to 2D if neccessary.

Thanks

I have a question about my current laptop if someone can help. Played FM on a desktop for years but now travelling with work is finding my time at home limited so was going to stick FM on my laptop this year. This is my current laptop:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009RGBD2C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Will this be okay running FM at a decent pace? I don't go crazy with the amount of leagues or anything and normally run the ME at a basic 3D setting but would be happy to move to 2D if neccessary.

Thanks

Yeah, you won't have any issues with that.

Going to be buying a 13 inch Macbook Pro, need it for work reasons but want it to be able to also play FM16, is the configuration powerful enough to play FM16?

13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display

2.7GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz

8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM

128GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

Intel Iris Graphics 6100

Yep it be fine.

Only thing - no graphics card (intel Iris Graphics is built into the processor chip - which is rated alongside the Nvidea 820m for comparison, which is classed as entry level)

So you will should play 3d graphics on low-minimum settings if you are playing 3d matches.

If not then this is grand.

Amount of a leagues/clubs - lots, as many as possible

2.Are 3d graphics important? Yes, more detail the better

3.What other tasks do you do when playing FM? not much else, web browsing, emails etc.

6.Screen size important? Y/N If yes, what screen size would you prefer? 15 or above, ideally HD (for watching movies)

7.Does it need to be portable (light) or do you want it as a desktop replacement (heavier and not ideal for carrying around but ok for situated in your house a various locations (bedroom, sitting room etc.) - something pretty light and sleek would be nice

Budget is £700. Thanks guys

I've seen quite a few mention of Cube laptops, which I've not heard much about before. Does anyone know if they're good? Anyone had any experience of them? They seem very good value for money and the design is very easy on the eye.

Thanks in advance.

Budget: £350

I'll only have 1 league active at a time.

Only to play FM on.

Game speed is most important

I don't mind if it takes long to save or load.

Don't mind screen size but ideal would be 12-14 inches

Needs to be portable

In the UK

Archived