Relationship between reputation of players and club

I'm interested in finding out how the reputation (rep) of a club influences the likelyhood of a player signing.

For example, if a club has a rep of 100, can the club only sign players with a current rep of 100 and lower?

What factors influence the ability of a club to sign a player?

I'm really curious and hope, that one of you is able to explain to me, how it works in the game.

It's a big influence but it's a lot more complicated than that. Just off the top of my head things that could also effect it:

The contract offerred (in terms of wages, length, bonuses, squad status etc)

Promises made before joining

The reputation of the club's manager (not just the reputation stat, but also does he break promises, criticise his players in the media etc)

The quality of the club's league

Whether or not the club is in a continental competition e.g. the Champions League

Current standings if the transfer is made mid-season

How much game time the player expects to get, based on squad status, other players already available in his position, the manager's tactics (e.g. if he only plays one striker, has three already and is trying to sign another)

Whether the player likes or dislikes the club, or any club who has them as a rival

Whether he already plays for a rival

Relationships he has with players or staff already at the club

The location of the club in terms of attractiveness (players would rather live in London than Carlisle) and proximity to where the player lives already (especially for non-professional or low-wage contracts)

The club's perceived ability to meet any particular ambitions the player has e.g. to win a trophy

And then all of that can be further modified and prioritised by the player's personality. Club rep is one of the most important factors, but far from the only one.

Thank you for your response.

I agree with all you completely. Is the reputation of the club still the most important parameter in finding out, if a player is willing to sign? Is there some kind of equation out there somewhere? Is there a rule of thumb that says that a player with rep X will only join clubs with a rep (X-Y) or higher? What are your experiences?

hace 35 minutos, Peter Schlemil dijo:

Thank you for your response.

I agree with all you completely. Is the reputation of the club still the most important parameter in finding out, if a player is willing to sign? Is there some kind of equation out there somewhere? Is there a rule of thumb that says that a player with rep X will only join clubs with a rep (X-Y) or higher? What are your experiences?

yes and no, you can have an example with Ludogorets vs say...Girona if both have similar reputation the player will look at the league and contract they can offer, ludogorets have a decent chance to get to Uefa cup/champions league but girona could offer a better contract in terms of money, on top of that in girona he will get a shot to make the jump to say Atletico madrid or valencia if he plays well, but in Ludogorets...he has to play well in the continental stage for top teams to actually notice of course, players will have some kind of "pride" where they won't even talk to team in lower table in high reputable leagues and non regular champions of low reputable leagues, is like if for example CR7 somehow just got a very dysmal season and juventus gets rid of him, even if ronaldo could be leaving his prime, he will have a reputation to protect, so he WILL NOT go to a non champions league team, even if salary is good

Ok, then I change the style of my question.

Money is quite important for a club to be able to sign certain players. Reputation is too. But sometimes clubs with little to no reputation are able to sign players that seem to be out of their reach, because they have a sugardaddy paying their bills.

Therefore my question is: Does the reputation of a club take the wealth of the club into account? Would it be possible to sign players (in game [in FM19]) with a much higher reputation only because the club is wealthy? IRL Hoffenheim did so when they were playing 4th, 3rd and 2nd tier in Germany. In FM I was never able to recreate sth like that, even when I was managing a quite wealthy club.

En 2/11/2018 a las 6:31, Peter Schlemil dijo:

Ok, then I change the style of my question.

Money is quite important for a club to be able to sign certain players. Reputation is too. But sometimes clubs with little to no reputation are able to sign players that seem to be out of their reach, because they have a sugardaddy paying their bills.

Therefore my question is: Does the reputation of a club take the wealth of the club into account? Would it be possible to sign players (in game [in FM19]) with a much higher reputation only because the club is wealthy? IRL Hoffenheim did so when they were playing 4th, 3rd and 2nd tier in Germany. In FM I was never able to recreate sth like that, even when I was managing a quite wealthy club.

personality of the player comes to play here, did you heard about teixeira some years ago? he was a beast in ukraine premier league and most top europe teams wanted him, what did he choose? a non spellable team in china.

as i said it really depends on situation, a team with say 3K millions in bank is nothing if they are in the 10th division or in micronesia but if you talk about China, rusia or a arab team its another story because they could have a 5000 reputation and have money, but world class players won't join a not so popular league for money if they are getting 400K in a top league anyway and top player (not world class) unless they are young or have a bad personality won't think about going to that kind of nations

reputation and wealth together? nah, i once saw Corinthians with a poor finance and still were one of the top 10 teams in the world

The lower rep your team is, the more it will generally cost you to bring an "above your reach" player on board.  If its a real stretch you may have to add on a bunch of promises as well.  Conversely, I've found that if my team is higher rep than them they will happily take less money/playing time.  While its obviously not a foolproof relationship as there are many other factors, if you assume all else is equal the less rep you, your club, and your league have in relation to the player you covet than the more money, guaranteed promises, and perks said player will require before considering to join.

Archived