[FM19] Newcastle United - club for sale, takeover close?

MrSundlofer

fWCR4RE.png

SEVzQ05.png

Seven first team players have signed for Newcastle United during the summer. Ball playing centre-back Fabian Schär signed from relegated Deportivo, Federico Fernández and World Cup player Ki Sung-yeung joined from Swansea, Yoshinori Muto from Mainz and striker Salomón Rondón joined Newcastle on a one-year loan deal from West Brom. Brazilian winger Kenedy extended his loan from Chelsea for another year and Martin Dúbravka, who was on loan last season, signed a permanent deal. However the fans saw favourite striker Alexander Mitrovic leave the club. He signed for Fulham. Other players who also left the club were Jesús Gámez (free transfer), Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad), Chancel Mbemba (Porto), Matz Sels (Strasbourg), Dwight Gayle (West Brom loan) and Henri Saivet (Bursaspor loan).

Three players at the club are assigned to captain roles. All of them have been at the club for a long period of time (compared to other first team players) and are an important part of the squad. Jamaal Lascelles, Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett.

BTNE3sc.png

Some notable players to play for the club are Paul Gascoigne, Kevin Keegan, Les Ferdinand, Alan Shearer, David Ginola, Robert Lee, Gary Speed, Hughie Gallacher, Malcolm Mcdonald, Jackie Milburn, Joe Harvey, Nolberto Solano, Faustino Asprilla, Philippe Albert and Shay Given.

v903A9S.png

Mike Ashley is the owner of Newcastle United. He doesn't care about the club. The lack of investement is there for everyone to see. Not only in the first team, but also in the reserves and in the facilities. However you actually get £23M (FM Touch version) to spend in the first season.

Y1Dgd7A.png

PeZooTd.png

Why should you start a Football Manager 2019 save with Newcastle United? What makes them interesting?

✓ £23M in transfer budget to spend on new players.
The club is for sale! Who will the new owner be? A tycoon?
✓ A sleeping giant. A city who breathes football.
✓ Remember the days when they played in the Champions League? Can you bring European football back to Tyneside?
✓ Build your team around captain Jamaal Lascelles.
✓  A stadium capacity of 52 354 supporters.
✓  Enjoy the passion of English football.
✓  Invest in youth and bring future club legends through the academy.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1zQEF40.png

This section is about the first team squad but in the reserves you can find interesting players like Yannick Touré, Deese Kasinga-Madia, Tyrique Bartlett and Freddie Woodman. You can also find Achraf Lazaar here, perfect backup to Paul Dummett?

Goalkeepers ★★★★★★★★★★
Actually a decent part of the team. I really like Martin Dúbravka, I think he is a good sweeper keeper. Not a big fan of Karl Darlow though. Freddie Woodman knocking on the door from the reserves.

KgHSucu.png

Defenders ★★★★★★★★★
Some good and strong centre-backs here. Jamaal Lascelles is the first name on the teamsheet. Federico Fernández has some really good defensive skills. In need of a new left back if Paul Dummett gets injured. DeAndre Yedlin with 19 pace.

ieaY5cd.png

Midfielders ★★★★★★★★★★
Need some investment here. Central midfield is weak but Jonjo Shelvey is a perfect choice as a deep-lying playmaker. Kenedy and Matt Ritchie looks good on the wings. Isaac Hayden and Jacob Murphy are not ready yet for the Premier League yet.

PzfKaM2.png

Forwards ★★★★★★★★★
I actually like them. Salomón Rondón as a big target player, Yoshinori Muto a pressing forward and Ayoze Pérez a shadow striker.

DM4egFN.png

I played a few months with Newcastle so I have some recommendations. I didn’t continue though as wanted more of a challenge. 

The squad actually is good and well rounded. Don’t need much work. I played a 4-3-3 formation. 

Ritchie is amazing as an IFs on the right hand side. He gets a good number of goals and assists. 

Muto is excellent as a PFa. I didn’t like Rondon too much. 

Hayden is a solid DM if you play with one. No need to buy another. 

Yedlin amazing as WB. He was third in assists in the league. His pace is a huge asset. 

In terms of squad improvement what you really only need is cover for your full backs and maybe a new attacking central midfielder to play alongside Shelvey. 

My recommendations if you move quick would be Almiron (Paquetá if not on the latest patch) and Tierney can also be got from Celtic on a structured deal. Of course he would be a big upgrade on Dummett. 

Also promote Woodman and use him as second GK to hopefully develop his attributes. 

Ayoze Perez can be sold for around 10m but if you want to play with an AMC may be worth keeping. 

Go on the Toon!!!

I'll be going for a Toon and Ireland save soon (currently enjoying my Dortmund save)

I had bought Rondon last year during a Toon save and he was phenomenal actually fired me to the league title alongside Michy Batshuayi, so will be interesting to see how he performs.

Anyone know the transfer budget on the non Touch version?

I agree with your synopsis of the squad from the short overview I done of their squad

The goalkeepers are solid- Dubravka the obvious starter, Darlow is decent enough back until Woodman can step up which he may actually be ready to do. Rob Elliot should be able to be sold for a couple of Mill to help improve the rest of the squad.

in defense I 100%  agree Lascelles is the player to build it on he appears to have got a good boost from his stats last year. Schar and Fernandez both look like they could add to options alongside Clark.

I remember Manquillo was actually quite decent if given enough time in FM18 so he may surprise again, Yedlin's pace though is great but he lacked positioning in defence at times.

Backup differently needed for Dummett..you allude to him how good is Lazaar? I remember he was brilliant in Fm17 but took a big hit in 18.

The midfield two of Shelvey (DLP) and Diame (B2B) worked a treat for me in FM18, Kenedy and Ritchie (I played him as Raumdeuter in FM18 ***** ) on the wings with Ayoze in the hole behind Muto/Rondon seems like could be good too.

You've been a bit generous with those star ratings. I'm struggling to find a long-term save at the moment and given Newcastle a go. Their attackers are immensely overrated, whilst simultaneously being very thin in depth. Very interesting early save trying to work out how to get any positives from the mediocre squad. Hopefully Mr Ashley leaves and someone with some £££ joins. 

Good to see this thread OP :thup:

Finished 7th in my first season with Newcastle, just scraping into the Europa League on the final day (Man Utd and City won the cup competitions). Did brilliant in the second half of the season but Everton and Liverpool in 6th and 7th just kept on winning too. Luckily Everton’s form dipped the final few games allowing us to overtake them. Went out in the early rounds of both cup competitions which was a bit of a disappointment.

Was taken over around end of November/early December time. No money was provided in January but been given £70m to spend over the summer, looking to move on a number of players too. Shelvey was excellent, finished in the top 5 for average rating in the PL. My main starting 11 was:

Dubravaka; Mbabu (£12m), Lascelles, Van Beek (£3m), Dummett; Ritchie, Shelvey, Vilhena (£10m), Kenedy (L); Oliver (£4m)/Perez; Origi (L).

Would also suggest people look at a player called Xadas from Braga (?). 21 year old who chipped in with 6 goals in the latter part of the season, mostly off the bench. Cost around £700k.

Started as the toon on the beta.

10 points from the first 4 matches in the Premier, however not up against top teams yet.

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 Gegenpress at home and a custom 3-5-2 away. Both tactics render good results so far. Performances are rather drab. Matches have little highlights. So it's good in defence but still lacking in offense. Tend to find that one winning goal somehow so far.

The team:

In goal, Dubravka is doing a good job so far.
In defense, I got two full-backs ins Charlie Taylor and Luis Hernandez for around 8m each. They are both playing ahead of Dummett and Yedlin. The choice of centrebacks is good from the start.
In midfield I signed Drinkwater and McTominay on loan and Antonio Marin for 1.5m. Drinkwater is challenging Diame for the second starting spot, with Shelvey and Ki (in DM) being regular starters. McTominay is good back-up. Kenedy does well enough to keep Atsu out entirely, whereas Ritchie has been abysmal so far, averaging around 6.4 in friendlies and regular matches. Hence Marin, who trains very well, has been getting much more match time already than I envisaged.
Attack has been one big disappointment so far. No striker has a better average than 6.5 so far. Only good match was Carabao Cup against Brentford when Muto and Joselu scored 3 goals between them, all after the 88th minute... Sold Ayoze for 5.25m. Can only get better in this department.

On 01/11/2018 at 23:44, Ryan377 said:

Was taken over around end of November/early December time. No money was provided in January but been given £70m to spend over the summer, looking to move on a number of players too. Shelvey was excellent, finished in the top 5 for average rating in the PL. My main starting 11 was:

Dubravaka; Mbabu (£12m), Lascelles, Van Beek (£3m), Dummett; Ritchie, Shelvey, Vilhena (£10m), Kenedy (L); Oliver (£4m)/Perez; Origi (L).

Would also suggest people look at a player called Xadas from Braga (?). 21 year old who chipped in with 6 goals in the latter part of the season, mostly off the bench. Cost around £700k.

Good signings! You could get Kenedy on another loan without any problems? Brexit yet?

Kevin Mbabu :)

6 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Good to see this thread up! I made a few signings with Toon on BETA, and managed a decent finish in EL placces, along with FA Cup win. WIll post some screens in here at some point :) 

Well done, looking forward to it :thup:

You can trim some of the deadweight and raise some capital relatively easily - i offloaded Diame, Perez, Clark and Hayden relatively quickly and got about £30m.  Spent most of my initial budget on Paqueta, who has been great and I would imagine looking to move on soon.  Signed Rafinha for £7.75 on Ja uary, as he was transfer listedn and sold him at end of 2nd seasons for £40m (with clauses).  Finished 15th, 12th and am currently sitting 7th after 10 games.  i am playing with no wingers and experiencing decent success with Yedlin bombing down the wing. 

In true Newcastle fashion I have made about £70m profit from transfers!

So at about Christmas of season 3 and doing far better than I probably should be.  Created a tactic that works really well for my current set up, although I get caught with balls over the top and need to address a bit more pace at centre back (that said, the players that will solve the problem are elite and will probably never want to join the club).

70325544_Screenshot2018-11-04at10_39_26.thumb.png.2fa955e3dc2a9942a3a26224f2b0c8e9.png

I have Yedlin set to overlap while my LB (often Marin, who is being trained to be a CWB) holds a little more.  The CDM sits and distributes, whist holding a bit of shape and the two mezzala fill the void left by a lack of wingers.  We press from the front, which is where are goals come from but also means we hold a higher defensive line too.

This has resulted in this position in the table:

1742941145_Screenshot2018-11-04at10_50_37.thumb.png.13d750748b8c272ee1dba7565234f87f.png

and these results, as you can see we are unbeaten at home and apart from Cardiff have only been beaten by the 'top' teams.  I am really pleased about this, although I am waiting for some huge bids for the likes of Paqueta and Arp in January.

Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 10.52.09.png

League so far Season 1

1135146862_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-4.thumb.png.9e923e420c6efdd27aa1da67f385752f.png

Transfers: only improved our wingbacks on both sides. 

1107076319_NewcastleUnited_TransferHistory.thumb.png.332d1e9b7c8819751bcef9359d6aeb81.png

Tactics

280115481_NewcastleUnited_Overview-2.thumb.png.d2deba7d586e215b4708d5f732ac6fb7.png

players coming in to replace kenedy and rondon once their loans are up

Pinamonti 10m

1854700358_AndreaPinamonti_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.eda42eec4364fd874a70d364419a28c7.png

Trincao 1.7m

1878490067_FranciscoTrinco_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.49d2c688354230741c626a81d8a7bdc8.png

Had a takeover approach but it fell through, me and my best bud mike ashley are tearing it up anyways

On 02/11/2018 at 11:06, jayahr said:

Started as the toon on the beta.

10 points from the first 4 matches in the Premier, however not up against top teams yet.

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 Gegenpress at home and a custom 3-5-2 away. Both tactics render good results so far. Performances are rather drab. Matches have little highlights. So it's good in defence but still lacking in offense. Tend to find that one winning goal somehow so far.

The team:

In goal, Dubravka is doing a good job so far.
In defense, I got two full-backs ins Charlie Taylor and Luis Hernandez for around 8m each. They are both playing ahead of Dummett and Yedlin. The choice of centrebacks is good from the start.
In midfield I signed Drinkwater and McTominay on loan and Antonio Marin for 1.5m. Drinkwater is challenging Diame for the second starting spot, with Shelvey and Ki (in DM) being regular starters. McTominay is good back-up. Kenedy does well enough to keep Atsu out entirely, whereas Ritchie has been abysmal so far, averaging around 6.4 in friendlies and regular matches. Hence Marin, who trains very well, has been getting much more match time already than I envisaged.
Attack has been one big disappointment so far. No striker has a better average than 6.5 so far. Only good match was Carabao Cup against Brentford when Muto and Joselu scored 3 goals between them, all after the 88th minute... Sold Ayoze for 5.25m. Can only get better in this department.

How did you get more loans in? I've started a Newcastle game and cant get any more domestic loans as 2 already (Kennedy and Rondon)

21 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Just saying brave to sign without scouting.

at his age even if he turns out at a lower ca he will still make mike ashley a profit and i can move onto someone better. the players in my teams are just place holders till i get better anyways.

10 hours ago, adam_thomas said:

How did you get more loans in? I've started a Newcastle game and cant get any more domestic loans as 2 already (Kennedy and Rondon)

There was a bug on the Beta that allowed it so assuming he started his save there then it was possible

January came and went with no little wheeling and dealing.  Schaar and Peirera (sp) went for £13m between them and Odsonne Eduard's inconsistency meant that I recouped my money (£20m) + a 50% of profit clause to Leverkusen. 

I looked at strengthening my options at CB and brought in some potential and pace on loan with Ethan Ampadu and Axel Tuanzebe both arriving on loan till the end of the season, I may look at extending Ampadu's loan

In came Andre Silva, who looked a perfect fit but has so far failed to find the back of the net in 8 matches.  This lead me in to scouring the market for someone to sign until 3 days before the window closed my scouts came with a seemingly perfect fit in Patrick Schick but a) would he come and b) could I afford him.  I structured a deal of £25m upfront and £40m over 3 years and after some intense negotiating on a contract he signed.  He was injured for the first few weeks but has come off the bench in the last 2 and bagged 3 goals, really chuffed.

After 30 games, I am sat 3rd and still with an outside chance of finishing higher although realistically i will probably finish 5th as Liverpool have 2 games in hand and an easier run in.

22 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

January came and went with no little wheeling and dealing.  Schaar and Peirera (sp) went for £13m between them and Odsonne Eduard's inconsistency meant that I recouped my money (£20m) + a 50% of profit clause to Leverkusen. 

I looked at strengthening my options at CB and brought in some potential and pace on loan with Ethan Ampadu and Axel Tuanzebe both arriving on loan till the end of the season, I may look at extending Ampadu's loan

In came Andre Silva, who looked a perfect fit but has so far failed to find the back of the net in 8 matches.  This lead me in to scouring the market for someone to sign until 3 days before the window closed my scouts came with a seemingly perfect fit in Patrick Schick but a) would he come and b) could I afford him.  I structured a deal of £25m upfront and £40m over 3 years and after some intense negotiating on a contract he signed.  He was injured for the first few weeks but has come off the bench in the last 2 and bagged 3 goals, really chuffed.

After 30 games, I am sat 3rd and still with an outside chance of finishing higher although realistically i will probably finish 5th as Liverpool have 2 games in hand and an easier run in.

Looking good! No place for Muto?

Any takeover yet?

The transfer window first season has just closed.

First team: Nothing. No players signed. No players sold.

Reserves: Yes! This is an area I invested heavily in. Bisseck (Köln), Nunumete (Heerenveen), Imbrechts (Charleroi), Rogers (west Brom), Loader (Reading), Appiah (Nottingham Forest), Nzita (Anderlecht), Sea (Aston Villa), Tshibuabua (Saint-Etienne) and Nson Wa Saka (Caen) joined us.

We also made a £6M deal with Guingamp to bring Marcus Thuram to Newcastle. The deal includes a two-season long loan deal back at Guingamp. So hopefully he can improve a lot there and join us as a much better player :thup:

Dru Yearwood from Southend £2M and Tyrese Campbell from Stoke £4.1M has both signed for us but will join us next season. I have big hopes for both players.

Exciting young winger from Bordeaux Dilane Bakwa signed a pre-contract and will join the club in January 2019.

Takeover went through in the last quarter of season 1. Was given a budget of 67m pounds at the start of the second season. Wasnt expecting to get this much and to be honest, I did not want it. Prefer to play with my current set of players with slight additions. 

5tbrS7j129jYy9hW9MmW7QlPKV7rP_zHi_7OgwV8

unbelievable first season

343009129_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-8.thumb.png.e78469995f8469d0f2eac8529ae4e28c.png

all transfers over the season, performed amazingly

image.thumb.png.c955bd23e3ee924d7474ea7f4310a88e.png

player of the year for me had to be this guy

1405048607_MattRitchie_HistoryCareerStats-2.thumb.png.037152ac787afa85fd7ecea60891fa36.png

This is how we finished the season as things started to go wrong after the middle of the season as teams started sitting in very defensively against us

image.thumb.png.9fb9f12d24a265174e1de8fafce6501f.png

the board game be 86m to spend for next season and i already have pinamonti joining so will be looking at getting a great bbm type player to fill in the cm attack role

23 hours ago, MrSundlofer said:

Looking good! No place for Muto?

Any takeover yet?

He was sold to Brighton for £23.5m upto £30.5m, which I felt was too good to refuse. Takeover went through at the end of the 1st season but nothing has really changed to be honest - that said, I get a transfer budget, which is more than Rafa gets :p

Meanwhile, this is actually happening and my run in looks pretty favourable, although City have go 2 games in hand.  I am sticking with my prediction of finishing 5th though.

750444774_Screenshot2018-11-07at19_37_21.thumb.png.f849b250c3e744d83677b167c1e2acfd.png

Here is my current squad, I am totally surprised at how this has happened because I've not had a stand out scorer other than Arp and we haven't got that many high averages either.  I am really pleased with my formation and tactics so far, it has been a while since I created my own.

1726311322_Screenshot2018-11-07at19_42_23.thumb.png.63d0a23228e8819c4648d6772251899c.png

10 minutes ago, MrSundlofer said:

Just had a takeover completed by a consortium led by Melitopol-based investor Vladimir Pronichev in October 2018!

Are you being serious?  He's the head of the bloody FSB!

9 hours ago, MrSundlofer said:

I am! And it’s him. The papers said he used to do business in Italy and wants to appoint an Italian manager.

:lol: Brilliant

I remember last year I got taken over by Ihor Kolomoyskyi- who for those who don't know used to own Dnirpo and has been accused among other things murder

Excuse the crappy screen shot, sent it on my phone to a mate

That's my team that is currently 2nd in season 2, 1st of December, squad is okay but possibly a bit light at RB (Back up is Varela) and in the middle (Could do with more quality i.e replacing Shelvey)

If I got a decent bid for Ritchie id let him go too

As it is I have 50m to spend and 140k wages (got taken over but made no difference really, although they maxed my training and youth facillities)

Dolberg is doing okay but the standout so far this season is Grealish, who was a steal at £15m at the end of season 1

newc.jpg

58 minutes ago, liljay04 said:

Excuse the crappy screen shot, sent it on my phone to a mate

That's my team that is currently 2nd in season 2, 1st of December, squad is okay but possibly a bit light at RB (Back up is Varela) and in the middle (Could do with more quality i.e replacing Shelvey)

If I got a decent bid for Ritchie id let him go too

As it is I have 50m to spend and 140k wages (got taken over but made no difference really, although they maxed my training and youth facillities)

Dolberg is doing okay but the standout so far this season is Grealish, who was a steal at £15m at the end of season 1

newc.jpg

Grealish was brilliant in FM15 and 16 used to always buy him, was also Irish then and was the main man for my World and European champion Eire team.

Could retrain him to play any position bar defence and goal and he'd do it brilliantly

12 minutes ago, liljay04 said:

Planning on going for Declan Rice?  :lol:

I looked him up this year he has switched to England in my game though he hasn't fully declared and is still eligible for Ireland.

IRL I do hope he stays but tbh with the current management team I can't see him wanting to

7 minutes ago, lblanc said:

I looked him up this year he has switched to England in my game though he hasn't fully declared and is still eligible for Ireland.

IRL I do hope he stays but tbh with the current management team I can't see him wanting to

Yeah not looking good as he's only played friendlies but wants to wait before committing, basically waiting for Southgate

Finish 8th first season, Did get a takeover i November, they gave me a basket off money at January. It was a English takeover, A man named Andy Ambler.

Keendy got 11 goals and 6 ass in 35 games, But did not pay the agreed transfer, he has a contract that ends by 30/06/2020, will try to get him for free insted.

I had a big time problem to get the strikes to get the ball inside the goal. Wesley starter 4 goals in 5 games, they destroey by injury for 18 weeks... had a hard time getting back in goal form after that, but did get 8 goals in the last 10 games.

Got 55 mil punds for spending before the new season. Working on Jack Grealish, 18 mil punds, Ben Gibson 7,75 Mil punds, Frenkie de jong 14,25 mil punds, Harry Magurie 31,5(62) mil punds, James Maddison 35,5(86) mil punds and Sandro Tonali 15(30,5) mil punds.

Hav a pickup in Marts at Vallejo 8 mil punds and Piatek 11 mil punds from the old transfer kitty.

37UUsSr.pngHxgCBi7.png

Didn't really feel the need to do much business after our successes so concentrated on building up youth players because my youth intakes have been horrific so far.

In came: 

Russo for £1.1m from ToursScreenshot 2018-11-10 at 20.06.47.png

Mathias Alvarez for £6.25m from new feeder club Gijon: Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 20.06.38.png

Matheus for £1.1m Palmeiras Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 20.06.31.png

Rene Gonzalez for £2m from Santa Fe Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 20.06.23.png

I had agreed to bring in Jesus Vallejo on a Bosman from Madrid but as time ran out in the transfer window and nothing tempting me my scouts tell me that this fella is transfer-listed and interested:

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 20.11.46.png So in came Arthur for £58m - all my budget but so far totally worth it. He is rotating with Shelvey and Mbomb with a view to replacing Shelvey full time

Archived