FM19: Liverpool - Success Has Many Fathers

TheJanitor

On 7 February 2019 at 15:21, GR3NDAL said:

I play Keita in the middle as a box to box midfielder alongside a deep lying playmaker. My overall tactic is a form of gegenpress and it seems effective against almost every opponent. The downside is the players tire quickly and rotation is a must.

73fLnHo.png

I think rotation is a must on this game. I've won 9 leagues in a row and a massive factor is making probably at least 4-5 changes for each game and often making 11 changes for the cup games, including CL.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 4 review

Was a mixed bag with domestic cup failure but Euro success. The league was also much closer this time round with Man City only needing to win their last four games to take the title but for some reason they fell apart and finished third..

rUZ84ot.png

Arp was once agian top scorer and Bailey best player overall.

Y0srSnu.png

6 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Season 4 review

Was a mixed bag with domestic cup failure but Euro success. The league was also much closer this time round with Man City only needing to win their last four games to take the title but for some reason they fell apart and finished third..

rUZ84ot.png

Arp was once agian top scorer and Bailey best player overall.

Y0srSnu.png

Well done! You'll do the septuple next season ;)

Could you by any chance provide a screenshot of Panzo's and Zirkzee's attributes?

Mixes season, but  it was ok. Here is some screens of the season, team and finances.  My strongest 2 teams, but some of the players couldnt  play in Premier LeagueL-    I used 32 players in Premier League.

I will sell players in start of 7 season:)

1 team.JPG

2 team.JPG

32 players.JPG

2018 where are they now.JPG

finances.JPG

Mixed season.JPG

Started a new save on my Switch, pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

Brought in De Ligt for a deal rising to 24 million and only really sold Markovic. Tried to sign a bunch of players, including Bailey...however, everyone is SO EXPENSIVE. The board probably love me though, for leaving a budget of 30 odd million. 

Cheers to Milner and Fabinho for being fantastic at filling in for injured players, bloody love those guys. 

Won every game thus far and i'm 7 competitive games in, first big test in Tottenham next...

13 hours ago, kopsy101 said:

Started a new save on my Switch, pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

Brought in De Ligt for a deal rising to 24 million and only really sold Markovic. Tried to sign a bunch of players, including Bailey...however, everyone is SO EXPENSIVE. The board probably love me though, for leaving a budget of 30 odd million. 

Cheers to Milner and Fabinho for being fantastic at filling in for injured players, bloody love those guys. 

Won every game thus far and i'm 7 competitive games in, first big test in Tottenham next...

I kept Milner until he was 37 and he woudn't resign !

aBED0dK.png

On 19/02/2019 at 23:30, GR3NDAL said:

I kept Milner until he was 37 and he woudn't resign !

aBED0dK.png

That ribena keeping him going I see :lol:

Does anyone play Shaqiri? I want to find a role for him but can't seem to justify a position for him over other options.

3 hours ago, kopsy101 said:

That ribena keeping him going I see :lol:

Does anyone play Shaqiri? I want to find a role for him but can't seem to justify a position for him over other options.

I only used Shaqiri as cover. Initially he was competing with Salah and Sane for position in my team so he was never going to be first choice. He usually did well when he played though.

On 18/02/2019 at 18:02, birkelse said:

Last year over 100 mill in reserve investment funds, this season 225 mill £  .  Anyone else have this ,and where can I see that in finances ?   What  will they  used that amount for ?

Reserve investment fund 24.JPG

Yeah, I had it for a few seasons but never saw what happened to it as I'm part way through season 10 but have given up until the next update.

I had so much money it didn't matter, though.

Season 6 Review

cxb5HBh.png

TMHkCqC.png

As I genarally only sign youngsters its getting to the point of the save where its regens that are best option. The brexit situation has made getting EU players work permits more difficult. I am getting some Brazilian youth in as i can guarantee they will get international caps :P

Finally finished the second season. Quick recap, in the first season we won a domestic treble and reached the quarterfinals of the CL.

Premier League

w5Fb9BC.png

Never have I been so dominant when winning a league. Led most throughout most of the season and never looked like dropping it. Guardiola was sacked even though his Man City team were excellent for both seasons.

Despite being a great season, we had our only loss of the season in the last game to Huddersfield! So disappointed missing out on an invisible season, but at least it is still something to look for.

Other than Guardiola, Chelsea, Man Utd, and Tottenham also got new managers. Chelsea recently fired Sarri and haven't appointed anyone yet. Joe Edwards is the interim manager and doing quite well, winning all of his matches including a 6-0 beating of Fulham and winning 3-2 against Tottenham, who now have Jurgen Klopp as their manager! United appointed Zidane as their replacement for Mourinho.

Aubameyang is the Golden Boot with 29 goals, some way of number two- Sadio Mane with 19. Willian got the highest assists with 13.

Champions League

4qKpXYJ.png

Despite missing out on an invincible season, we finish on a high with the Champions League in the bag! We had a lot of luck throughout the competition. Finished first in a group the included Lyon, Stuttgart, and Porto. Fairly easy knockout stage, beating Benfica, Napoli, and Leverkusen to meet Atletico Madrid in the finals. Won in dramatic fashion, with Gomez and Keita scoring twice in the final minutes of the extra time.

Lewandowsky won the Golden Boot with 8, Salah got the most assists with 6.

First time ever winning the Champions League :)

Transfers

IGyu8eh.png

Only showing those that include cash, but we also sent out Oxlade-Chamberlain, Grujic, Origi, Sturridge, Solanke, Wilson, and a few more out on loans.

Out of that list, Sturridge already signed with Benfica and will join next season on a free. The rest will probably be sold, as I don't have a place for them in my team (Grujic looks great though).

Out of the out-goings, a few of Brendan boys are gone. Migs was basically replaced with Horn who is young and more fitting to the system (despite some suspect performances). Clyne was sold after Arsenal offered a good fee on him. Lovren didn't play at all and I was happy to cash in on him, and Allan was never going to become a first-team player.

Our signings were mostly for the future. The one who probably did the best was Ryan Sessegnon with 2 goals and 5 assists in 19 starts. Still, I feel like I over-payed on him and I'm not quite sure how to play him. Fiete Arp also did decently, developing and scoring 3 goals in 9 starts, but my favorite is Paul Wood:

xH3G6KA.png

He is developing into a complete midfielder. I played him mostly as the most offensive player in a midfield three, but I think he will be my long-time replacement for Wijnaldum as a DLP. Need to get that Teamwork up though.

Andy Tucker is another regen I brought. Developing nicely but is still very much a project.

Next Season

I'm mostly pleased with my squad and think most of my signings will be of young players. I already completed three transfers for a combined fee of less than 5 mil. All are under 18 and might not make it in the long-term, but at least we will be able to make a profit on them.

I prefer to keep a short squad, so we might sell some of the older players. Lallana and Milner are on their last year. Good personalities and I like to keep them as staff members, but a good offer will see them go. Henderson and Wijnaldum will end next season at 30, but unless a stupid offer will come, they will stay. Matip and Shaqiri are most likely to depart, as we have better options in their positions - Gomez and Van Dijk in defense and Mane, Firmino, Salah upfront. We also got Fiete Arp, Woodburn, and Ajer as upcoming wonderkids.

2020/21 Season - Some pre-season nonsense!

So, Manchester City new coach is announced:

DD09PNG.png

Immediately he brings his old friend and our assistant manager Peter Krawietz to be his number two. We receive a cool £3m out of this and promote Pepijn Lijnders to be our new assistant manager.

Even more intriguing, they make a massive offer for Kylian Mbappe! If they will bring him they will be a major contest for us.

In other news, Arsenal made a £17m offer for Timo Horn and he wants to move. I'm trying to fetch Angus Gunn from relegated Southampton but they want quite a fee for him- about 20/30 should be enough. I'm considering promoting Kamil Grabara, but not sure if he is good enough. Might go for an experienced veteran with a good personality. Reina should be available fairly cheap.

In the meanwhile, here are the three new signings we made:

ilvxkJ5.png

Pick of the lot is Ever Martinez, already a Paraguay international at the age of 18:

NOND4wt.png

Exactly the kind of CB I like, in terms of attributes, and a great personality. Needs to improve his ball-playing ability but I don't worry about that too much. I think he could be my long-term Van Dijk replacement.

Joining from South America is Colombian midfielder, Camilo Ortiz. Doesn't look as impressive as Martinez, but a good all-rounder who could be molded into various roles. Got a great personality as well. Rounding up the Spanish-speaking trio is the only non-regen of the group, Robert Navarro. The former La Macia graduate was unhappy in Monaco and was available for £1.8m. Even if he doesn't develop as I want, I'm confident he would be able to fetch quite a fee in the future.

8 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

Any changes to Liverpool players PA? I think Gomez got improved, anyone else?

Gomez and trent is the same. Alisson is downgraded (!). Woodburn as well. Youngsters ki-jana and ducan got very improved. 

going to finally try and get into a FM19 save now 19.3 is out. will do transfers in the first window but only want to sign u21's and keep it to that. want to stick with the core 15/16 players in our team this season and clear out the fringe high earners

On 04/03/2019 at 14:07, Siven said:

Unsure if i should continue my first save where i sold Lallana for 80m or start again with the new DB where i probably cant sell him for that much.

I've started selling players for sensible prices (e.g. Lallana for £20m) to keep some sort of challenge and realism in the save.

Otherwise, you end up with an endless amount of money to spend.

11 hours ago, dannysheard said:

I've started selling players for sensible prices (e.g. Lallana for £20m) to keep some sort of challenge and realism in the save.

Otherwise, you end up with an endless amount of money to spend.

Is the player in exchange but still there in 19.3?

My seasons starting to collapse a lil' bit. The chances are less forthcoming and i'm really having to grind out results. 

League - Slipped down to 2nd, battle for this spot with United atm. 2 games left to go, fingers crossed. Chelsea have won the league pretty much.

FA Cup - Into the final against Arsenal, lets see how we do.

League cup - Winners! Bells and whistles

Champs league - Shock elimination in group stages, now semi finals of Europa League

Had such a large lead at the top of the table, so disappointed to be slowly replicating real life :rolleyes: Had to change system a couple of times, as the Geggenpress i used at the start of the season stopped working so well, now trying to 2 up top formation and a counter attacking style in certain games.

Dissappointed with Salah, 11 goals all season from IF AT on the right, even Shaqiri has more than that! Standout players have been Firmino with 30 goals, Fabinho with 11 and Van Dijk with 8 and just generally being class. I'm retraining Salah to become a striker, he seems lethal when i stick him up there.

Brought in Willem Geubbels for the end of season from Monaco for 40-50 million potentially, looks great and scoring for them - only 17 also! Navarro also coming in, £3 million roughly. Also looking to bring in Kondogbia or Veratti in 2019 summer window.

8 hours ago, 无门冰&# said:

Is the player in exchange but still there in 19.3?

He's still there in 19.3, and you could probably still get £50m for him if you offered him out to clubs, but that feels unrealistic.

So I offer him out for much less than I could get for him.

Managed to sell Lallana for a decent fee, slightly less than his value.

In late July I offered him to clubs with an unspecified fee and then Lallana wanted to talk. I told him his wages were too high and he became stroppy.

No one came in with offers so i then offered him out on loan until Jan. Inter came in with a bid and i negotiated and they will pay a mandatory fee of 41.5m, 200k a month and 70% of his wages. I then put him on the transfer list and not needed status just in case it helped him accept Inters contract offer.

Also sold Origi for 25m to Napoli. Worked the same as it did at release, just had to select Napoli as a club to offer to.

Has anybody had any joy playing Ki-jana  Hoever from the start? I've played him rotating with Trent through the first season and he's coming on well.

Can anybody advice me on how to be successful with appointing coaches/staff and getting the training right. 

Edited by ThomasW

Into October now on my new save.

Sold Lallana fro 41.5m (good money for slow 30yr old)

Sold Origi for 25m (better than nothing when contracts up).

Got rid of a bunch of bad staff and replaced with better, gave new contracts to some who had 2 jobs as having a second job lowered their ratings, now 4-5 stars in all training. Got Kuyt as U18 Manager. I may post screenshots later.

I like to bring in and train youth so always want good staff.

Some people dont make transfers in the first season but i do. I like to improve the team asap and look to the future.

Bought de Ligt for 28.5m

Vagnoman for 8.5 and loaned him back till Jan.

Fornals for 12m (really like the look of this guy, great price too).

Sancho for 30m + 30% profit.

Tierney for 26m +20% profit is set for Jan.

Made good use of payments over 3 years to get all these players. I like to buy young and not spend much for a few seasons.

Got Moreno and Sturridge to sign new deals and hope to sell them at end of season (or Jan) instead of losing them for nothing.

Looking to sell either Matip or Lovren in Jan, maybe Wijnaldum and Migolet too if i can get a good GK backup.

Currently playing 4-3-3.

Still playing with CM roles to see what fits. 

Top of table and unbeaten so far.

Edited by Siven

On 07/03/2019 at 10:37, dannysheard said:

He's still there in 19.3, and you could probably still get £50m for him if you offered him out to clubs, but that feels unrealistic.

So I offer him out for much less than I could get for him.

Seems the player exchange bug was fixed in 19.3x now. Lallana's sell value is realistic so far in my experiments.

On 09/03/2019 at 15:58, Siven said:

Into October now on my new save.

Sold Lallana fro 41.5m (good money for slow 30yr old)

Sold Origi for 25m (better than nothing when contracts up).

Got rid of a bunch of bad staff and replaced with better, gave new contracts to some who had 2 jobs as having a second job lowered their ratings, now 4-5 stars in all training. Got Kuyt as U18 Manager. I may post screenshots later.

I like to bring in and train youth so always want good staff.

Some people dont make transfers in the first season but i do. I like to improve the team asap and look to the future.

Bought de Ligt for 28.5m

Vagnoman for 8.5 and loaned him back till Jan.

Fornals for 12m (really like the look of this guy, great price too).

Sancho for 30m + 30% profit.

Tierney for 26m +20% profit is set for Jan.

Made good use of payments over 3 years to get all these players. I like to buy young and not spend much for a few seasons.

Got Moreno and Sturridge to sign new deals and hope to sell them at end of season (or Jan) instead of losing them for nothing.

Looking to sell either Matip or Lovren in Jan, maybe Wijnaldum and Migolet too if i can get a good GK backup.

Currently playing 4-3-3.

Still playing with CM roles to see what fits. 

Top of table and unbeaten so far.

Sancho is a total bargain with the deal you made in the first window. How did you manage to achieve that?

It was stronger than me - I started another save in the new patch.

Going with my own tactics this time:

CaiBDHC.png

SK/a - Alisson, Mignolet

FB/s - Alexander-Arnold, Gomez

CD/d - Gomez, Matip

BPD/d - van Dijk, Lovren

WB/s - Robertson, Moreno

DLP/d - Fabinho, Henderson

BBM/s - Wijnaldum, Milner

IW/s - Lallana, Keita

IF/a - Salah, Shaqiri

SS/a - Mane, Origi

DLF/s - Firmino, Sturridge

So far going well in pre-season. Hoever, Jones, and Woodburn promoted for tutoring sake.

1 hour ago, Siven said:

All i did was declare interest, then enquired.

They came back wanting 74m and i just negotiated them down to 10m upfront and 20m over 3 years with 30% profit of next sale. 

Well worth it.

I’m at the beginning week in my save, will try this out. Thx a lot mate.