Anyone do a long term Gibraltar save on FM18?

I went through 20+ seasons in both FM17 and FM18 (Hound Dogs, then Magpies) and was never able to get a new stadium, however attendances were never high enough to need it.

Apart from the lack of a new stadium, the fun is the challenge of trying to get into the latter stages of either European competition. 

Also, improving your facilities can be rewarding when you get deep into the save and newgens become pretty decent.

Not FM18, but I've done long term saves there in previous versions.  If you see it as a 10-20 year project though, you'll be disappointed.  It's a lot longer than that, probably closer to 40-50 to really start to touch the top echelons.  I did manage to get a new stadium, as did another club in the league.  Youth prospects will be a great option in the first few years with enough improvement in facilities, but you'll soon find they're fairly useless if you improve enough. Good for bolstering the ranks of the teams around you though.

1 minute ago, Sheriff7 said:

Here is my last save there mate.Take a look at it if you want.We did't build new stadium but my facilities were in highest level and we start having some real progress in international level too.:thup:

Ah cheers tried looking for a story as thought I seen one a while back! Will have a read later.

Archived