Director of football handling transfers

In my opinion, neither the DoF or club directors get a good deal, they all seem happy to through money away, I always seem to be able to do better deals contract wise, in terms of transfer I will set a limit for a player and if the DoF can't get it done, I generally can strike a deal, though maybe higher than I would have liked.

I let my DoF try and sign a player first but I would have the final say if it's a good enough deal for the club or not. If it's not a good deal and I really want the player then ill go back in myself for him. All depends how good of a DoF you have and even then they can throw money down the drain if left unattended. Always like to keep some control yourself.

I'm doing a crazy Head Coach challenge whereby I ONLY coach the team and leave my D0F to be responsible for all transfers! We're just a wee amateur club up to October of the first season, but I can say that I'm well impressed with the players he's brought in. Most are a substantial upgrade on what we started with.

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

Obviously it will depend on the DOF and his attributes, but on the whole, I have never been happy to let my DOF control transfers, apart from players who I want to sell and can give specific selling parameters to him

In FMT 17 & 18 the DoF his attributes didn't matter, he would just renew contracts and sign players for the same value in each of my test runs(tested by editing all his attributes and nonvisible attributes with fmrte).
I hope it's different this year, or different in full fat :)

• 2 months later...

I just tried doing this in a Touch save with a very small Spanish club with no money. I decided to let the DOF/GM handle all contracts & transfers. He did a good job of staying within the payroll but he just kept signing & signing & signing players. It was ridiculous. My 1st squad was overloaded. I couldn't give enough playing time to make everyone happy. Made no sense at all. The good thing was, they all had 1 year contracts.

• 2 months later...
On 17/01/2019 at 02:25, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I just tried doing this in a Touch save with a very small Spanish club with no money. I decided to let the DOF/GM handle all contracts & transfers. He did a good job of staying within the payroll but he just kept signing & signing & signing players. It was ridiculous. My 1st squad was overloaded. I couldn't give enough playing time to make everyone happy. Made no sense at all. The good thing was, they all had 1 year contracts.

Yeah it seems this might break the feature; Belgian second division club here (or 1st division B like it's called now :idiot:) and my DoF keeps siging and signing players, agreed they don't cost a lot of money, but he signs to much.

I'm really looking for a feature where using the DoF for your contracts/transfers will be the same as how the AI teams do their transfers and contracts. It seems that now using a DoF is different then how the AI manages that area of the game, which is a shame.

Archived