Bizarre transfer dealings

As Arsenal I get two £98m offers for Ozil, one from Chelsea and one from Barcelona. Am I able to just accept the Barcelona bid? If so, I can't see how. 

Also, when attempting to buy a player I seem to get sucked into this bidding war 'mini game'. I end up offering £23m but the other team offers £23.5m and boom, I'm locked out of the negotiation. Balotelli ends up having to go to Brighton instead of Arsenal because of 500k. Seems almost laughable to suggest that is even remotely realistic. 

1 hour ago, Luke Warrington said:

On the first point, there's no way to select which bid to accept if they are of the same value.

On the second, you should be able to match Brighton's offer if you have enough cash to, how were you locked out of the negotiation?

If this is the same issue as the one in FMM18, a rival club would increase their bid and the selling club would accept it without allowing you the chance to equal or better it.

The first point for me is a big issue. It's not unreasonable to think a Premier League team would prefer to sell a player to a club in another division and certainly not to a rival. 

With regards to the second point, Dean hit the nail on the head with his reply. 

While neither issue is exactly game breaking, it certainly makes transfer dealings feel unrealistic to me. 

• SI Staff

The first thing mentioned is a feature request - we do have it in the database but it's not simple unfortunately.

With regard to the second issue, how much did you have in your budget? The way this screen works has changed so this shouldn't easily happen.

6 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

The first thing mentioned is a feature request - we do have it in the database but it's not simple unfortunately.

With regard to the second issue, how much did you have in your budget? The way this screen works has changed so this shouldn't easily happen.

I had around £90m in my budget. It may have been my fault, I was trying to get him on the cheap maybe. In reality the selling club would probably have accepted both offers and/or the player would have specifically wanted to join Arsenal over Brighton. I appreciate that in the mobile version of the game it may be difficult to make that an option? 

• SI Staff
Just now, superposh said:

I had around £90m in my budget. It may have been my fault, I was trying to get him on the cheap maybe. In reality the selling club would probably have accepted both offers and/or the player would have specifically wanted to join Arsenal over Brighton. I appreciate that in the mobile version of the game it may be difficult to make that an option? 

If you have a save and steps to show the flow of what you mean with the second one, we'd be happy to have a look.

Archived