Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just an update no we havent died icon_biggrin.gif just not resuming gaming until the new patch comes out (taking its time if i do say so myself). We will be taking on a couple of new members no doubt so if interested sign upto our website and post on our website forum at www.fmelc.pfl-net.com.

Hoping to stick an image gallery amongst a couple of other things on the website including router and firewall guides also so keep an eye out for those changes until the patch comes out though all have a good break and remember our website is back up and working again now so you can post on our forum again icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Okay boys and girl (girl being ant icon_smile.gif) the current line up for the restart when the new patch is released is:

Me - Plymouth Argyle

James Cale - Tottenham

Stevey Toner - Birmingham

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Mike Law - Wigan Athletic

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa

Aida Connolly - WBA

Ben Crawford - Newcastle United

Ant Banach - Still aint decided what team yet

Abhirarm Chandrasen - Burnley

Phil Peck - Needs to contact me

and newcomer Simon White whos first choice team is West Ham United.

Please can phil peck get in touch with me as im not completely sure if you are still in. Also people who still havent chosen there team can they do so a.s.a.p thanks.

You are all still able to change which team you want to before the new patch comes out just Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United are all out of bounds.

Currently 11 confirmed members if phil can confirm his place in the clan also we will have the required 12. If not then a space will be available so if interested in taking that space please post on our forums on our clan website http://www.fmelc.pfl-net.com/index.php

Good news all the new patch is finally out icon_biggrin.gif

The date for the start of FMELClan again is Monday 8th March.

When the patch is released on this coming wednesday i and a couple of others will test it to make sure it is now lag free and if it is the clan will be definately starting on that date.

We will all also probably be using the latest data update which is being released with the patch. This is great news and all being well the lag issues have been solved which i think they all have.

Remember to pick which team you want to start as Ant also as everyone else has picked.

Again great news FMELClan can finally resume playing after a few months break icon_biggrin.gif

Just read some the thread about release date of patch and someone asked if the network lag has been fixed.

Now i know they cant 100% say it will be ok but the answer given didnt exactly fill me wiht confidence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by Victor Meldrew:

Is the terrible lag in network games fixed yet?

The feedback from the people who tested it has been positive. It may not be 100% perfect for this release but we certainly hope it will be better than in 5.0.2.

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else not convinced? Id like to know if/what clans from here tested this new patch - as as far as i can tell none of the clans that have delayed starting due to the lag actually were involved. I hope im wrong but gotta a feeling it could be another disappointment.

what i been hearing is it has greatly been improved so all being well its fine. Anyway a few of us could test it when it comes out next wednesday to check it is alright then fingers crossed a start on monday 7th march not the 8th like i said on previous page because thats a tuesday icon_biggrin.gif

Can ant please pick which team he wants to start as thanks and can the following people sign upto the clan website:

Abhi

Ben and Aida

Also i need profiles off the following members:

Joey, Michael Adesola and Abhi (Info sent)

Please can they contact me to get the manager profile document sent to them on msn thanks.

stevey, stevey stevey tut tut tut i think you actually picked them while you was a little stoned icon_smile.gif

Here is the list of each manager in the clan and which club they are starting off as when our game resumes on the 7th march.

Lee Owens - Plymouth Argyle

James Cale - Tottenham Hotspur

Stevey Toner - Birmingham City

Aida Connolly- WBA

Ant Banach - Portsmouth

Michael Adesola - Bolton Wanderers

Simon White - Manchester City

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

first seasons predictions to follow, just dusting off the crystal ball icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Burn the witch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait a minute, i think i can see something now,

yes thats right stevey has opened a window and all the smoke from the weed is drifting away icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by footie man:

Is there any chance i can join your game or have you got to much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mate all full. Website currently down with some database problems not actually my fault this time icon_smile.gif

i really am ****ed and ****ed off at this precise moment. Some little ****wit has been screwing up the sql database for the clan website which has resulted in every single piece of imformation being wiped off the fmelc website. It really has annoyed me loads just not sure what to do as seasons worth of data has just vanished icon_frown.gif

This will mean that the website will have to be built up completely from scratch if people can help get some of the information back thats been lost like league tables and the rest plezse help me icon_smile.gif i really didnt expect this too be honest. The people that own the server didnt have a backup of the website database which really is a **** take. Anyway on a bit of a better note testin the new patch when its released tommorw

yep it really does suck real bad as like i say so much data has just been lost because of some nobody messing around on the server that the clan website was hosted on. That guy has now been banned but still gonna have loads of work to do on the clan site now to get all the information back that was on it before.

This means everyone will also have to submit another manager profile as everything i mean everything has been lost icon_frown.gif. Anyway be testing the patch sometime through the day to see if its all good.

Also if someone could help me put all the clan rules up as they have all been lost aswell. There was around 26 of them although they will probably all come to me at some point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Also if someone could help me put all the clan rules up as they have all been lost aswell. There was around 26 of them although they will probably all come to me at some point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the main was, wind up ant whenever possible icon_biggrin.gif

Clan Announcements

Testing of the new patch began today and now been testing it for a while. After altering a few settings on my antivirus software have now started testing it again. So far it is much better and the lag has considerably been cut and not very noticable at all.

Not tested playing a game yet but soon will to see how it copes with that but based on so far the clan will definately and finally be able to start back up next monday icon_biggrin.gif

Also the clan website is already back up www.fmelc.pfl-net.com

Everyone will have to sign upto it again because of recently losing the entire lot of data on the website.

The clan website is now using a different kind of software which should improve it by far. Some of these improvements include:

10 times faster loading on the website now.

Already an image gallery installed

Better admin and user interface much more can be done.

Plus loads more

Remember because of the website having to be sorted out from scratch all the info is no longer on the website that used to be there.

Everyone will have to re submit there manager profiles plus rules page etc all have to be re done.

Anything members can help get the information back for please let me know as the more help the better.

Im still gonna be testing the patch also until monday but everything so far looks great icon_smile.gif

Tested the game again today for a little short while before i went work and it seemed to run fairly decent. Well decent enough for us to start on the 7th.

So make sure all members download the patch with the data and i'll see you all in the clan chatroom for monday usual times 6.15 - 7pm t+t and 7 til 11pm session times.

Remember because of the problems encountered a few days ago on the website you will all have to sign up again the links www.fmelc.pfl-net.com

Also can everyone re-submit all their profiles to me if needed just contact me on msn for the info.

Speak to ya all monday icon_smile.gif

Game finally resuming tommorow as it runs well enough on the new patch to proceed with and play icon_smile.gif.

All meet usual times (6.15t+t til 7pm then session starts at 7pm and end at 11pm incase any of you forgot) in the clan chatroom. Remember all once seasons started to post reports.

Only person having real problems at moment is stevey hopefully he sorts them out in time for tommorow see ya all then

Finally FMELC Returns

After a long summer/winter break, FMELC is back and kicks off tonight.

So many questions to be answered and in time all of them will but here is my top 5 for the first session.

1) Who will Ant annoy first?

2) Will Lee actually do well?

3) Just how long this time will it take Si and Boro to mount a serious title challenge?

4) How long will the game actually work for?

5) Who will get the prestigious FMELC Manager of the year?

Well who knows, but lets take a loook at the runners and riders and see if anything becomes more clear.

Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee. Lets not beat around the bush, you were crap last time so the only way is up. I know you harp on about that one season when you walked Div 1 but the other 14 seasons involving sackings, relegation and failure stick in our minds. I do though however feel that canny old Lee has a few tricks up his sleeve this year and wont be adding numbers to his screen name this season. Lee i think will just miss out on promotion but have a decent run in one of the cups.

League - 8th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - 4th rd

Well i hate to be the Jose Morinho of the group but was incredibly succesful last time around. The lack of experience playing FM might catch me out a little but i back my abilities to make the Champions League and maybe grab a cup. I mean come on, its me icon_cool.gif

League - 4th; FA Cup - Quarters; League Cup - Winners

You wanna go get high? Stevey does. And this addiction, (lets not lie here Stevey, 140 times a day is an addiction) could seriously affect any aspirations at glory. Coupled with the fact that Stevey cant get his shed to run FM for more than 25 mins could be a problem. However, Stevey has quality and i think despite all the problems he will pull off a good season for Birmingham. Look out for a strong finish as Stevey spends all his money on weed before the end of the season and sobers up enough to grab a UEFA cup slot.

League - 6th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - Semi's

Good OLD Si. Now a father he must feel even more older than us fresh faced youngsters make him feel in chat every week. Now that England's Rugby team are a dying force and the Welsh Dragons are roaring, im expecting some fascinating chat and banter between myself and Si. Couldnt really care less about FM - i will just be gloating 24/7 to him about the 6 nations and wont even notice how he does.

League - ??? 11-9; FA Cup - ?? 11-9; League Cup - ?? 11-9

Mike is back so lock up your, um, well whatever really. Didnt really think that one through but there we go. Consistent performer last time so i expect success again. Has a great team and so in prime position for promotion. Will cause some shocks in the cups too. Probably favourite for Manager of the year (other than me obviously) but could suffer if £1 a pint Student nights re-introduced.

League - 1st; FA Cup - 5th Rd; League Cup - Quarters

Joey is half of the dreaded Ant and Joey partnership - i imagine they are something like Dick and Dom in that everyone thinks they can be funny but after 5 mins you want to stuff their mouth with any object that is to hand. oh and you want them to get gunged every week. Joey is a bit of an inigma (for those in clan who wont understand that - copy it into word and use theasarus - you know who you are). Last time around he did one thing wonderfully well - bought an Assistant who basically got him all of his success. Did fleetingly return to rob Man Utd of all their best players and do rather well for one season before being sacked i believe. Another mad season for Joey this year, with some highs and soe demoralising lows.

League - 14th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - semi's

Aida Connolly- WBA

Aida, the quiet assasin. Harder to shake off than a Indian curry stain. And thats a compliment. Quality player with loads of success last time with limited resources. Now WBA have earnshaw though i expect him to get a top 10 finish in one of the performances of the season.

League - 9th; FA Cup - 4th rd; League Cup - 5th Rd

Ben, well according to Ant and co probably the worst player in the game. I take that with a pinch of salt though, even though deep down i know its true. Will do well to not get the sack from the ambitious Geordies in the first season. Thats not harsh, thats life. I wish him good luck and although he has one hand in the Ant and Joey partnership i think he will struggle with the banter and with the game too. I hope he proves me wrong though. But when am i wrong really icon_razz.gif

League - 15th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - 3rd rd; UEFA Cup - Last 16

Ant Banach - Portsmouth

What can i say that hasnt already been said? Well like a lot of others Ant was an up and down manager last time. Some high's and lows so cant really decide on what will happen this time. Can guarantee some fireworks in the chatroom though, with someone bound to take offence at Ant and leave the clan because of it. Apart from that anything could happen.

League - 12th; FA Cup - 6th Rd; League Cup - 4th rd

I dont know much about Abhi, so ill be brief. If he survives Ant in the chat room and gets into the groove then Burnley are a good side capable of causing some upsets. Will be tough though to grab promotions first season but never say never.

League - 9th; FA Cup - 4th rd; League Cup - 4th rd

Again Michael is a bit of an unknown quantity. Will need to address the age issue at Bolton whereby he will have no players in another 2 years. But could get the OAP's playing well and surprise a few.

League - 11th; FA Cup - 5th rd; League Cup - quarters

Finally new boy Simon (i say boy i think he is older than Si icon_eek.gif). Apparently Man City are in a bit of a state with high wages and debt up to their necks. Still he has some quality players in the squad and with a bit of a reshuffle can sort them out no problem. If the sort out is done early then i see the potential to grab a top 10 finish.

League - 8th; FA Cup - 5th rd; League Cup - Quarters

Well there we go - i wouldnt call it a expert analysis - more like a chosen ones wisdom. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

Finally FMELC Returns

After a long summer/winter break, FMELC is back and kicks off tonight.

So many questions to be answered and in time all of them will but here is my top 5 for the first session.

1) Who will Ant annoy first?

2) Will Lee actually do well?

3) Just how long this time will it take Si and Boro to mount a serious title challenge?

4) How long will the game actually work for?

5) Who will get the prestigious FMELC Manager of the year?

Well who knows, but lets take a loook at the runners and riders and see if anything becomes more clear.

Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee. Lets not beat around the bush, you were crap last time so the only way is up. I know you harp on about that one season when you walked Div 1 but the other 14 seasons involving sackings, relegation and failure stick in our minds. I do though however feel that canny old Lee has a few tricks up his sleeve this year and wont be adding numbers to his screen name this season. Lee i think will just miss out on promotion but have a decent run in one of the cups.

League - 8th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - 4th rd

Well i hate to be the Jose Morinho of the group but was incredibly succesful last time around. The lack of experience playing FM might catch me out a little but i back my abilities to make the Champions League and maybe grab a cup. I mean come on, its me icon_cool.gif

League - 4th; FA Cup - Quarters; League Cup - Winners

You wanna go get high? Stevey does. And this addiction, (lets not lie here Stevey, 140 times a day is an addiction) could seriously affect any aspirations at glory. Coupled with the fact that Stevey cant get his shed to run FM for more than 25 mins could be a problem. However, Stevey has quality and i think despite all the problems he will pull off a good season for Birmingham. Look out for a strong finish as Stevey spends all his money on weed before the end of the season and sobers up enough to grab a UEFA cup slot.

League - 6th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - Semi's

Good OLD Si. Now a father he must feel even more older than us fresh faced youngsters make him feel in chat every week. Now that England's Rugby team are a dying force and the Welsh Dragons are roaring, im expecting some fascinating chat and banter between myself and Si. Couldnt really care less about FM - i will just be gloating 24/7 to him about the 6 nations and wont even notice how he does.

League - ??? 11-9; FA Cup - ?? 11-9; League Cup - ?? 11-9

Mike is back so lock up your, um, well whatever really. Didnt really think that one through but there we go. Consistent performer last time so i expect success again. Has a great team and so in prime position for promotion. Will cause some shocks in the cups too. Probably favourite for Manager of the year (other than me obviously) but could suffer if £1 a pint Student nights re-introduced.

League - 1st; FA Cup - 5th Rd; League Cup - Quarters

Joey is half of the dreaded Ant and Joey partnership - i imagine they are something like Dick and Dom in that everyone thinks they can be funny but after 5 mins you want to stuff their mouth with any object that is to hand. oh and you want them to get gunged every week. Joey is a bit of an inigma (for those in clan who wont understand that - copy it into word and use theasarus - you know who you are). Last time around he did one thing wonderfully well - bought an Assistant who basically got him all of his success. Did fleetingly return to rob Man Utd of all their best players and do rather well for one season before being sacked i believe. Another mad season for Joey this year, with some highs and soe demoralising lows.

League - 14th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - semi's

Aida Connolly- WBA

Aida, the quiet assasin. Harder to shake off than a Indian curry stain. And thats a compliment. Quality player with loads of success last time with limited resources. Now WBA have earnshaw though i expect him to get a top 10 finish in one of the performances of the season.

League - 9th; FA Cup - 4th rd; League Cup - 5th Rd

Ben, well according to Ant and co probably the worst player in the game. I take that with a pinch of salt though, even though deep down i know its true. Will do well to not get the sack from the ambitious Geordies in the first season. Thats not harsh, thats life. I wish him good luck and although he has one hand in the Ant and Joey partnership i think he will struggle with the banter and with the game too. I hope he proves me wrong though. But when am i wrong really icon_razz.gif

League - 15th; FA Cup - 3rd Rd; League Cup - 3rd rd; UEFA Cup - Last 16

Ant Banach - Portsmouth

What can i say that hasnt already been said? Well like a lot of others Ant was an up and down manager last time. Some high's and lows so cant really decide on what will happen this time. Can guarantee some fireworks in the chatroom though, with someone bound to take offence at Ant and leave the clan because of it. Apart from that anything could happen.

League - 12th; FA Cup - 6th Rd; League Cup - 4th rd

I dont know much about Abhi, so ill be brief. If he survives Ant in the chat room and gets into the groove then Burnley are a good side capable of causing some upsets. Will be tough though to grab promotions first season but never say never.

League - 9th; FA Cup - 4th rd; League Cup - 4th rd

Again Michael is a bit of an unknown quantity. Will need to address the age issue at Bolton whereby he will have no players in another 2 years. But could get the OAP's playing well and surprise a few.

League - 11th; FA Cup - 5th rd; League Cup - quarters

Finally new boy Simon (i say boy i think he is older than Si icon_eek.gif). Apparently Man City are in a bit of a state with high wages and debt up to their necks. Still he has some quality players in the squad and with a bit of a reshuffle can sort them out no problem. If the sort out is done early then i see the potential to grab a top 10 finish.

League - 8th; FA Cup - 5th rd; League Cup - Quarters

Well there we go - i wouldnt call it a expert analysis - more like a chosen ones wisdom. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call a decent run in the cups 4th and 3rd round icon_biggrin.gif my predictions to come later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Originally posted by Shagwell:

Joey is a bit of an inigma (for those in clan who wont understand that - copy it into word and use theasarus - you know who you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i know its Enigma - its Irony

My FMELC first season predictions

Well there you have it finally after the long wait FMELC finally returns and who better to do season predictions than me best manager by far in the old game. Maybe not as an exciting read as jimmys predicitions but still what you expect im writing them icon_smile.gif

I'll start off with me Lee Owens - Plymouth

Season objective is to avoid relegation if i do that i will be happy overall although i think i'll be pushing for a mid table position this season. Promotion aint even a reality for my team unless i manage to persuade someone like thierry henry to come play for me. The cups for me also i think will be a big disappointment as i dont ever tend to do very will in them.

Final Position: 12th Fa Cup: 3rd round League Cup: 3rd round

James Cale - Tottenham

The last FMELC game brought great sucess for james winning plenty of cups and winning the premiership a couple of times. However lack of experience playing the new game will make it much harder for him this time round.

Still expect a decent run with tottenham and a good finish.

Final Position: 5th FA Cup: Winners League Cup: 5th round

Stevey Toner - Birmingham

You never know with stevey how well or not so well he is going to do. A hard choice of team and i can see him struggling early stages on in the season however with a couple of decent signings and the right formation anything you dont know what could happen.

Is clearly capable succeeding with a club as he shown in the last clan game with hull but will he be able to go all the way with birmingham.

Final position: 13th FA Cup: 4th round League Cup: Quarter Finals

Simon is known as the manager that usually goes a little over the top on purchasing players and ends up with a squad double the size of most other squads. Buys some very decent players though which usually perform well for his team.

Can see simon challenging for the premiership title this first season but not quite winning it as his team often go through a bad patch come the end of the season.

Final position: 3rd Fa cup: Quarter finals League cup: Semi Finals

Mike Law - Wigan

A good manager with a team capable of winning the championship pretty easily however it all depends on who he brings in. I think its gonna be a good season for mike doing well in the cups also and maybe upsetting some of the higher clubs.

Final position: 1st FA cup: Quarter Final League Cup: 4th round

Hard to say how joey will do as he is inconsistant and last time his assistant manager done a lot of work for him. I think it will be an average season for him but i wouldnt think his side would be top 10 finishers although if he brings in half of the man utd squad again they could be icon_smile.gif.

Final Position: 11th Fa cup: 5th round League Cup: 4th round

Aida - WBA

Built up a very solid WBA last time in the clan and i expect him to do so again. Often quiet one in the clan chatroom thinking up his tactics and the rest. His little thinking sessions seem to pay off well.

Final position: 7th FA cup: Semi Final League Cup: 4th round

Probably got one of the best starting off teams in the game however with bens dodgy managerial qualities anything can go wrong. However could suprise us all and have a great season.

Final position: 9th FA cup: 5th round League Cup: Quarter finals

Ant Banach - Portsmouth

Signs some good players but like me they dont perform the way that they should still i think it could be a good season for ant with portsmouth and a top 10 finish looks good.

Final position: 8th Fa cup: Quarter finals League Cup: 4th round

Abhiram Chandrisen - Burnley

Only 3 players taking a championship side and this is one of them. Dont know too much about his managerial abilities so not really sure how good or bad he will do. Should be looking for a mid table position though with his team..

Final position: 9th Fa Cup: 4th round League Cup: 5th round

Michael Adesola - Bolton

Got a good team and should have a pretty decent transfer budget however all the old people in the team is a little bit of a worry and should be looking to get some youngsters in to build for the future.

Final position: 14th Fa Cup: 4th round League Cup: 5th round

This newcomer probably has one of the hardest tasks out of all managers as his side is stuck with little finances and one huge wage budget that needs lowering immediately.

If he can offload a fair few players and bring in some real good replacements though things could look much better for him and his side.

Final position: 10th Fa cup: 5th Round League cup: 5th round.

There you have it all my predicitions speak to ya all later icon_smile.gif

Archived