Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Always harsh on me icon_frown.gif. Oh well i will rise uppon your stupid little comments and not let them effect me as i battle on to go up from the championship icon_smile.gif.

My reports to be done on sunday when i aint working </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats the spirit lee, dont let these people put you down (not when your board will do that for you icon_wink.gif)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Once and if a place comes available mate you can have it by all means just get in contact with me on msn (mines in my profile).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is the msn address in your profile still valid/correct? i have added you to my contact list again and signed up on the clan website forums

The Blades - Defying Odds and Predictions

Roster Planning

As the transfers season came to a close we managed to sign a few more players that could help with this years ultimate goal, staying in the Premiership :

Martin Ericsson (MC) - Free

Olivier Bernard (DL) - Free - Derby

Moritz Voltz (DR) - Free - Fulham

Ricardo Quaresma (AMR) - Free - Porto

Marcin Burkhardt (MC) - Free - Amica

Mikel Acar (AMR) - Free - PSV

Yasin Karaca (FC) - 4.5M - Ankaragucu

Diego Daniel Barreto (GK) 2.6M - Valladolid

Total sum spent - 7M, i fecked up my transfers out SS so i dont have full detail on that...i just remember i sold Delaney, Snodgrass, Richardson, Watson for a total of 7M.

Our roster is pretty competitive and complete at the mo, we got a good backbone so from now and on only really talented players or youngsters will join. Choices have already been made for Xmas transfer season, we need to wait on contract agreements for now.

Full Roster (* : 1st teamers)

Gk - Muyters*, Barreto

DR - Storbaek*, Voltz

DL - Bernard*, McMullan

DC - Piiroja*, Troest*, Agger, Anderson

MR - Quaresma*, Acar, Mendonca, Kisel

ML - Nowacki*, Gasbarroni

MC - Taralidis*, Andreasen*, Burkhardt, Urban, Ericsson

FC - Karaca*, Dosek*, Oravec, Sestak, Sebo

Season started really well for the newly promoted Blades, after 11 league matches we stand on the 10th place with 18 points (5W, 3D, 3L) and a goal difference of +6 (17F - 11A). There's a gap of 3 points between Sheffield Utd and the 3rd Aston Villa, not that we r aiming that high but that shows that our performances are pretty confident so far.

Fixtures

Sheff Utd - Newcastle 1-1 (Ameobi 3', Dosek 24')

Aston Villa - Sheff Utd 3-1 (Moore 1', Boutahar 21', Laursen 33', Dosek 55')

Sheff Utd - Norwich 3-1 (Andreasen 8', Burkhardt 26', Karaca 54', Davis 61')

West Ham - Sheff Utd 1-4 (Watson 13', Dosek 24', Taralidis 28', Dosek 32'Pen, Oravec 85')

Sheff Utd - Southampton 2-0 (Taralidis 80', Gasbarroni 90')

League Cup ~ Crystal Palace - Sheff Utd 3-1 (Sebo 3', Bullard 23'Pen, Johnson 25' 72')

Sheff Utd - Middlesbrough 1-1 (Cavenaghi 81', Sestak 86')

Fulham - Sheff Utd 1-0 (Zidan 17')

Sheff Utd - Arsenal 1-1 (Andreasen 24', Henry 90')

Sunderland - Sheff Utd 0-2 (Nowacki 9'Pen, Taralidis 73')

Sheff Utd - Birmingham 0-2 (Yakubu 10', Maresca 42'Pen)

Ipswich - Sheff Utd 0-2 (Dosek 23', Sebo 89')

Things are looking pretty good atm, the real question is if we can keep it up tho...

Cya on Monday icon_smile.gif

spurs6ni.png

Spurs Early Season Update

After taking the hot seat at spurs i soon relised that a few transfers out had been arrange so there was quite a few changes made with 12 first team players leaving and 10 new faces coming in. 7 of the transfers out were not arranged by me it was the previous manager not renewing their contracts.

Players out

16.6.2009 Mohamed Zidan Fulham £3.4M

1.7.2009 Hatem Ben Arfa Birmingham £3M

1.7.2009 Paul Robinson Birmingham Free

1.7.2009 Naldo Middlesbrough Free

1.7.2009 Christoffer Anderson Middlesbrough Free

1.7.2009 Mark Yeates Port Vale Free

1.7.2009 Timothée Atouba Portsmouth Free

1.7.2009 Jamie Slabber Notts Co Free

31.7.2009 Seitaridis Olympiakos £1.5M

2.8.2009 Cesare Bovo Chievo £1M

6.8.2009 Mikel Arteta Man Utd P/Ex

8.8.2009 Teemu Tainio Aston Villa £500K

Players In

1.7.2009 Daniel Carvalho Middlesbrough £2M

4.7.2009 David Marshall Celtic Free

5.7.2009 Louis Saha Man Utd Free

5.7.2009 Marco Giannotti Roma £525K

6.7.2009 Christian Wilhelmsson Anderlecht £4.4M

6.7.2009 Adam Mills Norwich £2M

11.7.2009 Daniele Zacchino Arsenal £425K

6.8.2009 Jermaine Jenas Man Utd P/Ex

18.8.2009 Robbie Keane Liverpool £2M

25.8.2009 James Milner Newcastle £2.3M

These transfers have left me with what i would say is a fairly strong squad but i believe that i require a few more changes during the transfer window if i am to challenge for honours. I think that this season will be a season for change and that next season i will be looking to seriously challenge for honours.

Current First Team Squad

David Marshall GK

Kasper Schmeichel GK

Nico Scholz D RC

Michael Dawson D C

Marco Giannotti D C

Daniele Zacchino D C

Reto Ziegler D/DM L

Ledley King D/DM C

Renato DM RC

Simon Davies AM R

Jermaine Jenas AM RC

James Milner AM RC

Johnnie Jackson AM L

Daniel Carvalho AM LC

Christian Wilhelmsson AM/F RLC

Neil May AM/F LC

Robbie Keane F C

Fred S C

Anatoly Guerk S C

Adam Mills S C

Robinho S C

Louis Saha S C

We have had an alright-ish start to the season having played really well in the champions league with 3 wins out of 3 and almost qualified for the last 16 already. But dissapointed slightly in the league where i am sitting mid table having played 10 games with 4 wins a draw and 5 defeats. Will give more detail of my results in my next post forgot a screen shot of results.

Sean Bell

Out with the old in with the new

After last seasons disappointment right at the end of the season it was time for me to scout the local markets and bring in a few new players to my side for the coming season.

With expectations only a mid table finish this season i was pretty sure i could get it so my main aim is just to add more depth to my squad and with some of the regular first teamers getting older by the day it was time to concentrate on my youth.

Here are the players i have brought in for the new season.

Neil Winstanley - Already agreed a fee last season hopefully going to strengthen my defence up a lot more and work well with diamond.

Danny Oliver - A young midfielder brought from man utd hopefully be a first teamer in years to come.

Jeroen van Binsbergen - Actually thought he was going to be a good replacement keeper for when enckleman retires but boy i was wrong a shocking first match.

Keith Sullivan - A youth striker released from man utd another future first teamer.

Robin van Persie - Managed to get this guy on a free and has so far put in some great performances.

David Barrow - Another future talented goalkeeper this one signed from shitty team barnet. Still looks good though.

Hossam Ghali - My first non eu player. Being an egyptian he is the odd one out so may get homesick but lets hope he dont as he's good cover for my dmc.

Tomas Pokorny - A great talented striker snapped him up for 900k a very cheap price from man utd. Only joined a couple of games ago though and is injured.

So i've brought a fair few new players in for this season hopefully they will fit in nicely with my plans and work well with my current players.

After all these players joined my side it was time to see how the new signings would fair against the other sides in the championship so here are my results from all of last week.

Everton 4-1 Blackburn

Scorers: Korzym, Rossi (2), Knight

A dream start for us as we overcame our grudge against blackburn as it was their fault that we were still playing championship football. A good solid perfomance with korzym scoring right from kick off to set the ball rolling.

Neil knight then showed me what he was made of with his first full start in ages and last seasons top assister rossi scored 2 goals.

Walsall 1-0 Everton

The first victory was short lived as we crashed to a very surpising defeat here which shouldnt of happened. Being all over walsall i thought my players were going to bang the goals in but walsall got awarded a penalty, netted it and my hopes of a win vanished.

Everton 0-2 Bristol City

Again a poor defeat even though we played better. A few mistakes from my defenders allowed them to score a couple of goals and seal the victory.

Man City 1-1 Everton

Scorers: Hopkins

Probably a bit lucky in this game as our goal came from 90 minutes but then again we were all over the opposition just they stopped us from winning against them. The bad start to the new season continues.....

Darlington 3-1 Everton (League Cup 1st round)

Scorers: Rossi

Due to me under-estimating the quality of the darlington team i decided to field a bunch of reserves for this game.

Seeing as i never get far in this cup anyway it was just a bit of fun. My youths played **** and it took a first team player to come on as a substitute to score our only goal.

Cardiff 2-2 Everton

Scorers: Cachill, Rossi

Being 2 up you would think thats enough to win you a game but not with me. We backed off a little once 2 up and allowed them to equalise. A little bit annoyed by this result but there was nothing i could do to change it.

Everton 0-0 Watford

Another draw a pretty boring game infact with little action at all. Only a couple of chances seperated both our teams and overall my side played just that little bit better.

I wouldnt of liked to be one of the fans that went to see this game thats for sure.

Pokorny signs for everton for 975k from man utd after being unhappy about the lack of first team opportunities at united

Preston 0-2 Everton

Scorers: Pokorny, Rossi

The new striker brings happyness to Goodison Park after scoring a sensational goal on his debut.

First win since the opening day of the season and although it was against fred's poor as **** preston team i still cherished it.

Everton 1-0 Wigan

Rossi adding to his tally yet again as we won another game this time against early relegation candidates wigan.

Another game where we dominated and should of had more but wigans keeper put in a good performance which seen us only just managed 1 goal.

Gillingham 0-4 Everton

Scorers: Pokorny, Davidson, Rossi (2)

For defender davidson to score in this game there keeper must of been blind. Not managing one single goal in 2 seasons for a defender so when i seen him on the scoresheet i was gobsmacked.

Pokorny managed to score another goal to make a good start to his everton career and rossi scored another 2 goals.

Everton 3-0 QPR

Scorers: Beattie (2), Rossi

A good start to wednesday session as we kept up our clean sheet run but it was soon to come to and end.

Beattie starting his first game in a while and netting 2 goals in the process. Rossi keeping his good form up by scoring another goal.

Coventry 2-2 Everton

Scorers: Pokorny, Beattie

Probably the most fairest result i've ever had as it seen us put on a top quality display against top of the table coventry (at the time).

Being 2-1 down coming to the end of the game i felt my side needed more out of this and we grabbed a late equaliser but it was well deserved as both sides had almost equal amount of chances.

Everton 0-0 Crystal Palace

Another draw this time a goaless one but no wonder with ******** sullivan starting due to rossi getting injured but more injuries were to come.

Doncaster 2-0 Everton

So we ended last week with a loss against a pretty poor side after dominating for most of the game but their keeper did get man of the match so thats probably the reason.

With all my strikers currently injured and having to play the ******** ones its going to be an uphill struggle for this next couple of weeks to stay near the top.

Currently sitting in 8th place only 10 points away from the top so im quite happy as there are still loads of games to be played yet.

Hopefully this season we dont make too many mistakes and come the end of it get promotion as our reward but we will just have to see it aint always as easy as it is just saying it. So thats it until the next report hopefully its been a good read icon_smile.gif

SEASON 6 DEATILS

Ill start off with the current first team squad

| Pkd | Inf | Name | Position | Nat | Age | Value |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| - | | Corrin Brooks-Meade | GK | ENG | 21 | £1.4M |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| - | | Sergei Lepmets | GK | EST | 22 | £75K |

| - | Wnt | Jlloyd Samuel | D L | ENG | 28 | £1.6M |

| - | Inj | Ricardo Costa | D C | POR | 28 | £750K |

| - | | De la Cuesta | D C | COL | 26 | £1.5M |

| - | | Nyron Nosworthy | D/DM R | ENG | 29 | £300K |

| - | | Brede Paulsen Hangeland | D/DM C | NOR | 28 | £1.4M |

| - | | Bojan Winkler | D/M L | SVN | 17 | £230K |

| - | | Kenwyne Jones | D/M/F LC | TRI | 25 | £130K |

| - | | Paul Reid | D/M C | ENG | 27 | £550K |

| - | Inj | David Generelo | DM RC | ESP | 27 | £650K |

| - | Inj | Seyi Olofinjana | DM C | NGA | 29 | £2.2M |

| - | | Belözoglu Emre | M LC | TUR | 29 | £2.7M |

| - | | Romeo Castelen | AM R | NED | 26 | £2.4M |

| - | | Gary Cousins | AM R | ENG | 18 | £4.2M |

| - | | Steve Marsh | AM LC | ENG | 21 | £45K |

| - | Inj | Seol Ki-Hyeon | AM/F LC | KOR | 30 | £2.5M |

| - | Sus | Alex Gibbs | S C | ITA | 25 | £1.1M |

| - | | Dimitar Iliev | S C | BUL | 21 | £2.1M |

| - | | Steve Carr | S C | ENG | 22 | £1.1M |

| - | | Frank Meyer | S C | GER | 18 | £3.9M |

My team is looking good now and results are showing the strength of the Lions. League Cup Run ended with a 2-0 loss to Chelsea at home. Championship status is well within playoff. Finances are looking for once in a long long while. Things look alot more organised and looking to strengthen come january when i get a 2 million sale of jlloyd samuel who has been good for me but I need cash. I shall leave you with the details of my transfer activity. Enjoy

Transfers IN

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 13.8.2009 | Gibbs, Alex | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 18.8.2009 | Castelen, Romeo | Free Transfer | Free |

| 19.8.2009 | Carr, Steve | Free Transfer | Free |

| 20.8.2009 | Generelo, David | Free Transfer | Free |

| 22.8.2009 | Winkler, Bojan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 23.8.2009 | Lepmets, Sergei | Free Transfer | Free |

| 24.8.2009 | Logan, Conrad | Free Transfer | Free |

| 28.8.2009 | De la Cuesta | Free Transfer | Free |

| 3.11.2009 | Adams, Charlie | Newcastle | £85K |

Transfers OUT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uaetalyani:

SEASON 6 DEATILS

Ill start off with the current first team squad

| Pkd | Inf | Name | Position | Nat | Age | Value |

| - | | Corrin Brooks-Meade | GK | ENG | 21 | £1.4M |

| - | | Sergei Lepmets | GK | EST | 22 | £75K |

| - | Wnt | Jlloyd Samuel | D L | ENG | 28 | £1.6M |

| - | Inj | Ricardo Costa | D C | POR | 28 | £750K |

| - | | De la Cuesta | D C | COL | 26 | £1.5M |

| - | | Nyron Nosworthy | D/DM R | ENG | 29 | £300K |

| - | | Brede Paulsen Hangeland | D/DM C | NOR | 28 | £1.4M |

| - | | Bojan Winkler | D/M L | SVN | 17 | £230K |

| - | | Kenwyne Jones | D/M/F LC | TRI | 25 | £130K |

| - | | Paul Reid | D/M C | ENG | 27 | £550K |

| - | Inj | David Generelo | DM RC | ESP | 27 | £650K |

| - | Inj | Seyi Olofinjana | DM C | NGA | 29 | £2.2M |

| - | | Belözoglu Emre | M LC | TUR | 29 | £2.7M |

| - | | Romeo Castelen | AM R | NED | 26 | £2.4M |

| - | | Gary Cousins | AM R | ENG | 18 | £4.2M |

| - | | Steve Marsh | AM LC | ENG | 21 | £45K |

| - | Inj | Seol Ki-Hyeon | AM/F LC | KOR | 30 | £2.5M |

| - | Sus | Alex Gibbs | S C | ITA | 25 | £1.1M |

| - | | Dimitar Iliev | S C | BUL | 21 | £2.1M |

| - | | Steve Carr | S C | ENG | 22 | £1.1M |

| - | | Frank Meyer | S C | GER | 18 | £3.9M |

My team is looking good now and results are showing the strength of the Lions. League Cup Run ended with a 2-0 loss to Chelsea at home. Championship status is well within playoff. Finances are looking for once in a long long while. Things look alot more organised and looking to strengthen come january when i get a 2 million sale of jlloyd samuel who has been good for me but I need cash. I shall leave you with the details of my transfer activity. Enjoy

Transfers IN

Transfers OUT

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This Should be

Transfers OUT

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2009 | Masterson, Terry | Free Transfer | Free |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2009 | Camara, Henri | Guingamp | Free |

| 4.7.2009 | Hofmann, Steffen | Swindon | Free |

| 13.7.2009 | Boutahar, Saïd | Aston Villa | £1.5M |

| 21.7.2009 | John, Mick | Wigan | £100K |

| 5.8.2009 | Reid, Steven | Norwich | £2M |

| 6.8.2009 | Antonsson, Mikael | Blackburn | £2M |

| 7.8.2009 | Kameni, Carlos Idriss | Sochaux | £110K |

| 8.8.2009 | LuaLua, Lomana | Q.P.R. | £650K |

| 10.8.2009 | Nasri, Samir | Caen | £550K |

| 11.8.2009 | Guilherme | Saarbrücken | £1.3M |

| 13.8.2009 | Ivanschitz, Andreas | Valladolid | £2.5M |

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Manager points, shambles icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am quite happy with it at the minute icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Manager points, shambles icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am quite happy with it at the minute icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thought you might be

Best chance yet for title says boro boss

glory beckons for mighty boro. a season they have dominated so far can only end in some silverware unless they blwo up like the jaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwdddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss did under keegan icon_biggrin.gif.

13 points clear of second place with only 10 games left this team painstakingly built has ruled the roost this season so far, still in the champions league and the fa cup the squad is aiming for at least 1 peice of silver this season.

when asked whether it was all down to the extravagent spending murphy responded angrily ' i know full well some people call middlesbrough 1986 fc, boro corp or other such insults and yes we have spent over 50m this season. what they have to realise is the club was near to recievership 2 seasons ago, since then over £250m has been raise through player sales. that is why we can afford to spend like we are. it is all down to good housekeeping', murphy went on to say 'obviously this is by far the best squad middlesbrough have ever had, and hopefully my assistant can get the 15 points i think will clinch the title whilst i am away with the year 7 students helping them to develop'

so there you have it, boro looking good for the title, all in the assistants hands (and i have seen him blow it before) hopefully on monday 4th when i return, there will finally be a premiership title in the trophy room at boro, who knows?

also gl aida and stevey in champions league battle for places

Heres my report for week ending 26th June 2005.

Session date: 20th June 2005

Transfers In: 1

Nathan Ashton D/DM L Charlton £45K

Results

LDV Swindon 5 - 0 Welling

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (45), Steffen Hofmann (52 & 77), Njazi Kuqi (57) & Grant Smith (69)

L1 Tranmere 0 - 1 Swindon

Swindon Scorer: Rory Fallon (42)

L1 Chesterfield 2 - 3 Swindon

Chesterfield Scorer: Tomi Petrescu (55 & 71)

Swindon Scorers: Jon Watson Own Goals (27 & 53) & Jeff Whitley (89)

FAC Swindon 0 - 1 Stevenage

Stevenage Scorer: Owen Story (11)

L1 Swindon 2 - 0 Stockport

Swindon Scorer: Levi Porter (53 & 56)

L1 Swindon 1 - 0 Blackpool

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (54)

L1 Wrexham 0 - 3 Swindon

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (59), Steffen Hofmann (72) & Levi Porter (86)

Injuries: Njazi Kuqi (Swindon) (9)

LDV Swindon 5 - 0 Rushden

Swindon Scorers: Matt Hill (2, 14, 41 & 55) & Steffen Hofmann (58)

League One Position at end of session: 1st

Session Date: 21st June 2005

Results

L1 Swindon 3 - 0 Crewe

Swindon Scorers: Matt Hill (19 & 52) & Levi Porter (21)

L1 Torquay 3 - 2 Swindon

Torquay Scorers: Danny Allsopp (39 & Pen 43) & Luke Duffy (45)

Swindon Scorers: Steffen Hofmann (15) & Njazi Kuqi (56)

L1 Swindon 3 - 0 Stoke

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (2), Njazi Kuqi (52) & Steffen Hofmann (64)

L1 Bradford City 2 - 0 Swindon

Bradford City Scorers: Darren Bailey (22) & Danny Forest (64)

L1 Swindon 2 - 0 Brentford

Swindon Scorers: Terry Masterson own Goal (55) & Njazi Kuqi (79)

Red Cards: Jay Tabb (Brentford) (51)

L1 Swindon 0 - 0 Burnley

L1 Exeter 2 - 4 Swindon

Exeter Scorers: Marc Walton (8) & Jamie Cade (81)

Swindon Scorer: Rory Fallon (4, 20, 49 & 60)

League One Position at end of session: 2nd

Session Date: 22nd June 2005

Transfers In: 3

Liam Atkin D C Newcastle £100K (Arrives 6th March 2010)

Adrian Ball SW/D L Crystal Palace £3K

Dave Dixon AM/F LC Newcastle £100K

Transfers Out: 1

James Lee-Matthews D RC Sunderland £200K

Loans Out: 1

Sean Gregan D/DM RC MK Dons 3 Months

Transfer Listed: 1

Shaun Derry M C Asking Price £10K

Results

L1 Luton 0 - 4 Swindon

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (41) Barry Roche Own Goal (44), Grant Smith (50) & Njazi Kuqi (52)

L1 Swindon 1 - 0 Oldham

Swindon Scorer: Stuart Campbell (10)

Injuries: Njazi Kuqi (Swindon) (10) & Stuart Campbell (74)

LDV Swindon 2 - 0 Notts County

Swindon Scorers: Matt Hill (4) & Scott Dobie (81)

L1 Swindon 4 - 0 Darlington

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (5 & 66), Shaun Derry (Pen 21 & 35)

Injuries: David Duke (Swindon) (38)

L1 Brighton 2 - 1 Swindon

Brighton Scorer: Jake Robinson League One Position at end of session:(39 & 66)

Swindon Scorer: Scott Dobie (88)

Red Cards: Sean O'Hanlon (Swindon) (34) & Adam Hinshelwood (Brighton) (90)

L1 Macclesfield 0 - 4 Swindon

Swindon Scorers: Stuart Campbell (4 & Pen 24), Shaun Derry (Pen 61) & Scott Dobie (90)

L1 Northampton 0 - 2 Swindon

Swindon Scorers: Brynjar Gunnarsson (23) & Grant Smith (43)

LDV (1st leg) Barnet 2 - 0 Swindon

Barnet Scorers: Jason Roberts (54) & James Thomas (90)

L1 Swindon 3 - 1 Swansea

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (14 & 90) & Steffen Hofmann (33)

Swansea Scorer: Nathan Jarman (35)

Manager Comments

Well my team is on its way back to teh Championship, I'm hoping to wrap this season up next week before I head on my weeks holiday to Ibiza. I could also be winning my first trophy, thats if we can score 3 goals against Barnet in the 2nd leg to reach the LDV Final. Hopefully my side can pull a rabbit out of the hat and do that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uaetalyani:

I wish you and your assistant the best of luck si. Have had my assistant kill me and hope yours shows some quality. Peace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers mate, you look a good bet for promotion, look forward to visiting the new den next season

Spurs Pin hopes on Europe

An up and down week for spurs where for large parts i was missing due to other commitments.

Improved performace in the league and continued with fine form in Europe, but was knocked

out of both domestic cup competitions.

We are currently sitting 10th in the league with 10 games to go and real;istically 7th is

the highest we can aim for which will probably not be good enough to get us a place in

europe so our only chance of another season in europe is by winning the champions league.

This will not be easy but we will give it our best effort. Realistically though i think that

we are just building this season for a fairly good attempt (hopefully) on qualifying for

europe next season through the league.

Sorry for the lack of scores again but they will appear in my next report. I did not know

the best way to record scores but do now.

Sean Bell

So since last weeks report we have managed to put on a little bit of form a build a gap on 8th place i think it is not entirely sure icon_smile.gif.

With results starting to go my way things are looking much better and with the start of season bad run out the way that i usually have i can now concentrate on the final 3rd of the season and hopefully gain promotion from the championship.

So the week began with a game against my usual bogey side wolves and went well here are all the results of the games that were played the whole of last weeks sessions.

Everton 2-0 Wolves

Scorers: Cahill (2)

A good start this was and without the likes of korzym and rossi for a while it was time for a few other players to shine.

My substitute strikers didnt do an awful lot but at least cahill was awake and managed to give us a win.

Leicester 1-1 Everton

Scorers: Beattie

With leicester being top and having an amazing goal difference i really wasnt looking forward to this game but it went better than i expected.

Still having to play the reserves it was always going to be hard but we held our ground and managed to get a very satisfying point out of the game which not many sides have been able to do.

Everton 3-1 Sheff Weds

Scorers: Beattie, Osman, Diamond

With first teamer pokorny back i felt much better and after a few minutes into a game he linked up well with beattie who then managed to get one in the back of the net.

Osman later grabbed a 3rd before diamond was fouled and awarded a penalty which he slotted home.

Hull 2-0 Everton

A very good team hull are becoming and we were unable to stop them as they continued with their impressive form to put them very close to an auto promotion spot.

Plymouth 0-0 Everton

First time since joining everton that i had to travel back to home park. A pretty poor game in terms of chances although we did have the better of them and came close to scoring a few times.

We should of won this one really but after the previous game i think the loss against hull effected my teams morale just that little bit.

Everton 1-1 Derby

Scorers: Pokorny

Another draw which was **** poor and undeserved which ended mondays session.

Everton 0-1 Millwall (Saeed)

A game i felt we definately should of won as we had many more chances than saeed's millwall. But due to saeed's teams impressive late form the game favoured them and after a fumble from my keeper it sealed the victory for his side.

Reading 0-0 Everton

Back to the draws again this was really starting to do my nut in. Another game we should of won and my players felt bad not having done so.

Everton 2-0 Notts Forest

Rossi's return and he managed to impress me scoring and adding to his decent scoring record so far this season. Pokorny and rossi were both on fire for this match i just hope it was going to last.

Portsmouth 0-2 Everton

A great win which came as a bit of a suprise to me as promotion challenging portsmouth were on good form of late.

For a team as high up as them they played terrible and the scoreline could of well been much more.

Blackburn 2-1 Everton

Turn of the season and after starting off the season well good beating these 4-1 we lost this time and didnt put in as good performance as last time. Least rossi managed to score though.

Everton 4-0 Walsall

Scorers: Pokorny (3), Freier

Considering walsall are riding high in the league we always seem to put many goals past them.

Think we beat them 6-1 away last time a good win anyway which restored my confidence.

Everton 2-0 QPR (FA Cup 3rd round)

Scorers: Korzym, Cahill

A good win this was which seen us progress to the next round of the cup. With korzym back aswell the midfield was back to being as secure as ever and he scored a goal himself and claimed man of match award.

Bristol City 1-3 Everton

Scorers: Korzym, Rossi, Knight

With knight back in the team after being loaned out to brighton for 3 months it was time to give him a first team game to see what he had learned whilst on loan. He impressed me and scored a goal which sealed our win.

But it was all down to the defence as bristol city did press a lot but just couldnt get past them. Winstanley also got man of match.

So into the wednesday session and not a bad game to start off with.....or so i thought.

Everton 0-0 Man City

This result was probably the worst i've had in a long while. Drawing 0-0 to a side that only has a total of 6 first team players is just well poor.

We dominated but just couldnt score and shitty city managed to steal the point which wasnt deserved.

We had a total of 29 shots to their 0 and still couldnt score. Their keeper got man of the match which just summed it up.

Everton 2-2 Southampton (FA Cup 4th round)

Scorers: Korzym, Rossi

First game in ages against a premiership side and we didnt put in a bad performance.

Being 2-1 up at half time i was chuffed but that was soon to change as they grabbed a late goal.

This set the tie up for an exciting replay.

Everton 3-0 Cardiff

Scorers: Knight, Beattie (2)

Again the first team strikers were injured and was time for the subs to play. They did a good job this time both adding to the goals to give us a decent win again keeping another clean sheet in the league.

Watford 0-0 Everton

A pretty fair result this was with both my side and the opposition having plenty of chances but none just went in. Van persie got man of the match.

Southampton 2-0 Everton (FA Cup 4th round replay

A few key players out as usual led to our exit from the fa cup. Still i wasnt disheartened as i was proud of the way my players had played.

Always harder away and we paid the price.

Everton 1-0 Preston (Fred)

Scorers: Cahill

A game against freds assistant which i thought was going to stay at a goaless draw as so many attempts on goal were just missed. But just before half time we got the important goal to win the game.

Wigan 2-0 Everton

Based on positions of my side and wigan we should of battered them but we was outplayed. My players had just ran out of steam and werent able to get anything out of this game.

Everton 1-0 Gillingham

Scorers: Freier, Rossi (goal disallowed)

A good finish to a weeks worth of sessions that had been up and down. currently sitting just outside of the playoff's still things aint looking too bad and with the gap we have on the team behind us its looking like only a few teams outside of the playoff spots are maybe going to be able to squeeze into them.

The season has been full of injuries but with my key players starting to come back now things are looking up just hope they dont get injured again.

As for our impressive defensive record that still continues which i am pleased with.

Wish we could score more goals but will just have to see what happens this week so until then thats report over.

Fred has now been retired from game after not turning up for a few weeks. I gave him a few chances because of his exams and things but still he just aint got the time at the moment. So ex fmelc member joey has now sorted his connection back out and has took his place welcome back mate icon_smile.gif

Ok then the 6th season has now ended and heres my review of it and predictions for the coming season.

Stevey - Birmingham

Managed to finish 3rd just losing in the euro cup final also unlucky mate i obviously rate you high as a manager so i got no doubt you will be near the top again for the coming season keep up the good work icon14.gif

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Finally won the premiership even though he is absent for this week. His assistant done him very proud. With finally an important competition won murphy can relax and hopefully defend his title this coming season.

Nick Sousounis - Sheff Utd

A fantastic first season in the premiership for nick as he battled all the way until the end of the season to avoid the drop and did in the end by beating sean's tottenham on the final day.

This seasons gonna be hard for nick yet again but with the quality of players he has at his club i think he will survive again.

Aida Connolly - WBA

Aida continues to improve every season and this season was probably his best. Managing to finish in a champions league spot just sums up what aida has achieved since being at WBA. Also got manager of the year the first human manager to do so.

With aida establishing his team as a force not to be reckoned with in the premiership i have high hopes for him. I think a top 7 finish at least is on the cards could maybe even challenge for the title.

Ant Banach - Man City

After not being at brighton too long due to man city offering him a job its hard to say how ants season has gone.

With man city newly relegated to league one though things are going to be very hard especially with a squad that consists of 6 players even though half are subject to leave icon_smile.gif

I know what ants capable of but whoever he brings in its still going to be hard to get the squad depth back to how it was before most of man city's players left on free's

I reckon a mid table finish this season for ants side but who knows he could suprise me and get man city back on track.

Tony Hall - Swindon

After putting last seasons relegation and sackings behind him tony finally achieved some sucess with swindon this season winning the league one title and looking set to return with a better squad to the championship.

This season i think mid table finish mainly due to how well his players connected this season just finished.

Me - Everton

Ok so after starting off the season **** poor and not really looking like a championship challenging side we somehow managed to clinch the 6th place position on the last day of the season to go into the playoff's.

The final game of the season will be one to remember for a while as i had to face 7th just below me on equal points (a little bit similar to last season).

After losing in the playoff final last season i knew what to expect and just kept my cool about it all (even though i was well nervous in the final i nearly passed out icon_smile.gif).

We got to the playoff final again this season after taking it to extra time again hull and scoring 2 late goals.

The opposition were crystal palace and after them knocking cardiff out pretty convincingly i was a bit worried. But there was no need to be after a while all my players settled into the game nicely and we were all over them.

we then scored and scored another to come of 2-0 winners and promotion was sealed finally icon_biggrin.gif

This season is going to be a toughy for me but aint every season icon_wink.gif. I'd be very suprised if i stay up anyway put it that way but thats my main aim.

Saeed Al Darmaki - Millwall

With saeed in 3rd for pretty much most of the season and then having to leave it to his assistant for these last 2 sessions to hopefully try and get his side into 2nd and claim that auto promotion spot most people would of thought almost impossible.

But with one game left in the season the pressure was on as saeed's assistant managed to close in on 2nd and even grab 2nd to get that promotion

Well done saeed to going up mate you deserve it also proves your assistant aint that ***** after all icon_wink.gif.

Again like myself saeed is going to struggle this coming season but all newly promoted sides usually do. Hard to say whether he will go down or not will just have to see.

Simon White - West Ham

With staying up last season you would of thought he would this season but the relegation scrap really was tense this season just gone as there were about 5 teams come the end of the season that could all of been relegated. The worst thing is that one human team was to go down no matter what and with razor's team having to face mike's side who were also in the relegation battle on the final day there could only be one winner.

I expected razor's team to win against mike or a draw and when 80 minutes came it looked likely but mikes team scored an 85th minute goal to beat razors side 2-1 and send him down icon_frown.gif.

This season i think razor will win the championship with out a doubt and invest in a few better players to hopefully keep him in the premiership the following season if he is to go up.

Mike Law - Ipswich

Again one of the unfourtunate lot that were involved with the end of season relegation scrap. Beat razor's west ham final game and just managed to stay in the premiership for the coming season.

Gonna be another hard season for mike and i could see him being involved in another relegation scrap at end of season with a few more of us also.

Joey Briggs - Coventry

Only took charge of coventry this season when they had about 5 games left and ****ed their chances of promotion up by losing all 5 games.

Still should get to grips with the side he has this coming season and should be heading for promotion.

Sean Bell - Tottenham

Finally the last manager in charge for his first season at tottenham and an awful lot was expected of him after jimmy's departure.

Not everything went to plan really and his side finished in a mid table position at the end of the season and although getting far in europe his side got knocked out a few rounds before the final.

Still this season should be a great one and with players like fred he should get a top 7 finish.

So thats the 6th season over roll on the 7th and good luck to all managers involved icon_smile.gif

After the 1st 11 matches and a really good form and results (5W 3D 3L - 10th place) the whole situation went down the sink :

Sheff Utd - Leeds 0-1

Liverpool - Sheff Utd 1-1

Bolton - Sheff Utd 1-0

Sheff Utd - Chelsea 0-3

Tottenham - Sheff Utd 7-1

Newcastle - Sheff Utd 2-1

Man Utd - Sheff Utd 4-0

Sheff Utd - Aston Villa 0-2

Lots of bad luck combined with bad performances, conceded more than 6 90+min goals and the cherry on the cake came with the match vs Tottenham. Had only 1 available keeper who got injured in the 15th min while we were winning 0-1...had to sub him with a defender. In 8 matches we managed to gain 1 point and that resulted in a really bad morale. Xmas wasnt much of a party for Sheffield United so we concentrated on some transfers that could help immediatelly :

-Milovan Mirosevic - Racing Club - 5M :

Incredibly good stats, this 29 yrs old Chilean cultured winger with the slavish name became one of our greatest (if not the greatest) assets

-Xavier Desray - Nantes - 4.6M :

Promising young striker with great skills already, 22 yrs old, had much faith in him and he proved me right.

After the small xmas break Premiership was about to begin again and in our next fixtures we had FA cup involved as well :

Norwich - Sheff Utd 1-2

(FA) Sheff Utd - Torquay 2-1

Southampton - Sheff Utd 2-1

Sheff Utd - West Ham 1-1

(FA) Sheff Utd - Watford 3-0

Sheff Utd - Man Utd 3-3

Middlesbrough - Sheff Utd 4-1

Sheff Utd - Fulham 1-1

Arsenal - Sheff Utd 4-1

(FA) Sheff Utd - Leeds 2-0

Sheff Utd - Sunderland 4-0

(FA) Sheff utd - Charlton 2-0

Birmingham - Sheff Utd 3-0

Results were a bit better this time, 2wins 3draws 4losses in our league games and all FA cup games won, got past the 6th round - semis next. League position wasnt secure but at least we werent in the relegation places, was planning to win the next 2 matches since a win was in our capabilities vs 2 other relegation battlers, Mike's Ipswich @home and Charlton away. Things didnt turn out as i planned :

Sheff Utd - Ipswich 0-0

Charlton - Sheff Utd 2-1

WBA - Sheff Utd 2-0

With only 1 point gained in those 3 matches we went straight to the 18th place and relegation was the most probable scenario for us. Bad morale again and it was gonna get even worse since next fixture was the FA semi vs Arsenal. There were like 5-6 clubs that would fight off relegation at that time, all really close :

-Sunderland was the only one who seemed already relegated

-Me at the 18th place and a very tough schedule ahead

-Norwich

-Charlton

-Mike's Ipswich

-Razor's West Ham

All those clubs had still to play each other so i was pretty sure that i was going down, couldnt see any "easy" points to gain for my side in the next matches, well....i was mistaken :

(FA) Arsenal - Sheff Utd 2-1

Leeds - Sheff Utd 1-3

Sheff Utd - Liverpool 3-0

Sheff Utd - Bolton 2-0

Chelsea - Sheff Utd 3-2

We went out of FA cup with dignity, Reyes scored a 93min goal that gave them the win and spared me the ET that would tire my players alot. In the next 4 league games we won 3 and lost 1 to Chelsea away, incredibly good run as even the loss to Chelsea was a close one, they got the win with a lovelly goal from Bojinov at 85th min. Things were looking alot better for me, was 15th with a great morale going on and with 1 match to go.

Standings till 8/5/2010 for the last places :

15 - Me

16 - West Ham

17 - Norwich

18 - Charlton

19 - Ipswich

20 - Sunderland (relegated already)

The last fixture was extremelly important for all relegation battlers :

-Mike's Ipswich was playing Razor's West Ham

-Norwich was playing vs Charlton

-I was playing Tottenham @home

Really stressy, winner takes all situation for all of us 5 who were still in the battle to stay in Premiership. Everything was coming down to this last fixture :

Sheff Utd - Tottenham 2-1

Ipswich won vs West Ham

Norwich and Charlton drew

We did exactly what we needed to do, win, the other results of that last fixture couldnt affect us this way and we succeded. Mike got saved by the bell too, too bad it was in expense of Razor who went down only in the last game while his side was looking pretty safe whole season long.

Concluding i would say that a 14th league placing and an FA cup Semi is a great result for Sheffield United's first year in Premiership (14th place is also a club record high) and i got to admit that i enjoyed this season the most of all online seasons i've done in my life so far not success-wise obviously but cause it was way too stressy, unpredictable and with crazy results. Im hoping on a more safe next one, planning on many transfers that could help alot.

Predictions to come soon

Review+Predictions

Si's Middlesbrough : Imo the best squad around, definatelly deserved to win the league and he did it fairly easy. Next season i can see a tough battle to defend the title since other clubs r close in being as strong as Boro is.

Ste's Birmingham : 3rd placed and UEFA final...what can i say great job m8, i can see u competing for the Premiership title soon.

Aida's WBA - 4th placed in premiership, got CL through preliminaries and best manager of the year. Trully great achievements, another of the clubs i can see competing for the title or at least CL placing again.

Sean's Tottenham : agree with lee, really high expectations from tottenham after Jimmy's departure, its always tough first season but i think next one can be alot better as the talent in his roster is really good.

Mike's Ipswich : Saved by the bell like me but anyways well done since he just got promoted, think its gonna be a tough battle next year as well tho.

Simon's West Ham : Unfortunate since he went down in the last fixture while whole season long he was looking pretty safe, too bad m8, next year i think he can go for EC title.

Saeed's Millwall : Great job on auto promotion, seems like a competent squad but first year in Premiership is always really tough, hope u can stay up.

Lee's Everton : Really glad he made it past the PL and he managed to hit the pl places in the last fixtures, congrats m8 and same as Saeed will have a tough battle in Premiership.

Joey's Coventry : dunno he just joined icon_smile.gif Coventry should try for a PL place next year imo.

Tony's Swindon : Well done on getting promotion to EC and if u try hard and get some players i think mid table is something u can do for the next season.

Ant's Man City : What can i say, u got to work some magic there, they got no players but hats off for ur choice man, seems u got a lot of guts...gl with that crazy task but i cant predict anything since no roster available right now lol mid table maybe?

Me - Sheff Utd : Might be a battle for relegation again or a mid table, we'll have to see

Did i forget someone?

Cya tonight icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

hope you didnt lose your tent at glasto stevey, hope you posting loads photos this time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tent was cool some how.

Got some photos icon14.gif

Heres my report for week ending 3rd July 2005

Session Date: 27th June 2005

Players In: 1

Jon Edwards DM C Tranmere £110K

Loans In: 1

Tony Smith GK Tottenham 2 Months

Loans Out: 2

Shaun Derry M L Aldershot 3 Months

Ian Sharps D C Rushden 3 Months

Results

L1 York 1 - 4 Swindon

York Scorer: Michael Ricketts (19)

Swindon Scorers: Njazi Kuqi (2), Steffen Hofmann (45) & Matt Hill (67 & 80)

L1 Swindon 5 - 3 Bournemouth

Swindon Scorers: Anthony Forbes Own Goal (10), Matt Hill (12 & 34) & Rory Fallon (38 & 60)

Bournemouth Scorers: Sean O'Hanlon Own Goal (28), Dani Rodrigues (45) & Sam Williams (63)

L1 Swindon 1 - 1 Oxford

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (84)

Oxford Scorer: Matthew Platt (41)

L1 Barnsley 3 - 0 Swindon

Barnsley Scorers: Lee Campbell (12), Steven Gillespie (26) & Gary Newton (34)

LDV Swindon 2(2)-(2)0 Barnet

Swindon Scorers: Steffen Hofmann (20) & Matt Hill (56)

Barnet Win 3-2 on Penalties

L1 Blackpool 2 - 0 Swindon

Blackpool Scorers: Richie Partridge (14) & Andy Johnson (36)

L1 Swindon 1 - 2 Chesterfield

Swindon Scorers: Matt Hill (65)

Chesterfield Scorers: Mark De Bolla (81) & Graham Coughlan (84)

Injuries: David Duke (Swindon) (79)

L1 Stockport 4 - 3 Swindon

Stockport Scorers: Paul Parle (6), Jamie O'Hara (36), Jason Norville (45) & Scott Best (63)

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (14 & 41) & Matt Hill (90)

L1 Swindon 2 - 0 Wrexham

Swindon Scorers: Scott Dobie (4) & Rory Fallon (88)

L1 Swindon 3 - 0 Tranmere

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (45 & 88) & Stuart Campbell (86)

Red Cards: Iain Hume (Tranmere) (68) & Steven Chambers (Tranmere) (73)

Session Date: 28th June 2005

Transfers Out: 1

Ian Sharps D C Rochdale Free

Results

L1 Crewe 0 - 2 Swindon

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (40) & Steffen Hofmann (79)

L1 Swindon 5 - 0 Torquay

Swindon Scorer: Sean O'Hanlon (27), Steffen Hofmann (30), Stuart Campbell (63), Njazi Kuqi (70) & Scott Dobie (83)

Red Cards: Nathan Ashton (Swindon) (49)

L1 Stoke 1 - 0 Swindon

Stoke Scorer: Calvin Zola (65)

L1 Swindon 1 - 0 Bradford City

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (82)

L1 Brentford 1 - 0 Swindon

Brentford Scorer: Jay Tabb (21)

Long Term Injuries: 1

Levi Porter AM RC out for 5 Months

League Position at end of session and season: 1st

Swindon are crowned champions of League One and Promoted to the Championship

Session Date: 29th June 2005

Players In: 3

Kieron Dyer AM RC Unattached Free

Jamie Hogg DM C Man Utd £55K

Andy Oliver AM/F C Unattached Free

Players Released: 2

Sean Gregan D/DM RC

Ian Goddard DM R

Staff out: 1

Olexandr Zavarov (Assistant Manager)

Staff In: 2

Steve Daniels - Bradford City - (Scout)

Martin Scott - Hartlepool - (Assistant Manager)

Loans In: 1

Mick Hurst GK Liverpool End Of Season

Loans Out: 1

Leigh Henry D C Farnborough 3 Months

Results

EC Gillingham 2 - 1 Swindon

Gillingham Scorers: Magno Silva Vieira (21) & Abdesiam Ovaddou (Pen 45)

Swindon Scorer: Brynjar Gunnarsson (61)

EC Swindon 0 - 0 Crystal Palace

EC Norwich 4 - 0 Swindon

Norwich Scorers: Sambegou Bangoura (39 & 44), Damien Francis (72) & Sean Davis (74)

Injuries: Radek Cerny (Swindon) (9)

EC Swindon 2 - 2 Doncaster

Swindon Scorers: Scott Dobie (35) & Rory Fallon (67)

Doncaster Scorers: Gary Pickering (12) & Andy Johnson (25)

EC Coventry 0 - 0 Swindon

Injuries: Kieron Dyer (Swindon) (53)

LC Northampton 1 - 2 Swindon

Northampton Scorer: Dani Rodrigues (40)

Swindon Scorers: Rory Fallon (20) & Scott dobie (90)

Championship Position at end of session: 22nd

Managers Comments

Pleased to have gained promotion to the championship however judging from the first few results of the Championship Season I have my work cut out for me to keep Swindon in the Championship. I've so far made 3 good signings and I've loaned in a Goalkeeper that can provide adequate cover for Radek Cerny. I feel I need a few more signings to be sure of Swindon playing Championship football next season.

I wish you and your assistant the best of luck si. Have had my assistant kill me and hope yours shows some quality. Peace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers mate, you look a good bet for promotion, look forward to visiting the new den next season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations bud, you are the champion and my assistant has done me a good job of auto promotion to prem by finishing runner up!

You have beaten me 4-0 first prem game of season already at your ground but I am hoping to compensate in the den and I will welcome you with the best champagne and arabic food here!

Another Season Finished

After a previous disapponting season in the view of the baggies board and fans, pressure was on Connolly to turn things around, or lose his job. Right from the start of the season the Baggies were performing better than the previous season which began with 6 games wothout a win or even a goal. It was clear that Connolly wanted to improve the defensive side of his team after splashing out over £10 million on Stekelenberg, a top quality keeper.

Throughout the season the Baggies were very consistent, hardly ever dropping out of the top 6, and at the half way point the fans began to think about Champions league places. There was a positive feeling about the club now, and this transmitted to the players, for the remainder of the season the Baggies didn't let up and continued to push for the CL places right till the last day, with a possible 2nd place finish, after the League already being won comfortably by 'Boro, steered to sucess by Si Murphy (wd si). Qualify for the CL is exactly what the Baggies did, something that no-one was expecting, even the fans that wanted more from Connolly could'nt have expected to qualify for the CL.

So a final position of 4th in the Premier League gave WBA their highest ever finish in the Premiership, and their first qualification to the CL in their history. Also the Baggies closest local rivals Brum were head to head with the Baggies right throughot the season, and after 38 games, both teams (i think) finished on exactly the same points, having won, drawn, and lost the same amount of games, therefore giving Brum the 3rd place in the league on goal difference.

Some bad points of the season were that WBA have lost their 3 star players, Harbuzi, Vilakazi, and one of the best strikers around, Mokoena. No-one knows if the Baggies can cope with losing these players, all of whom wanted to move to bigger clubs, which now seems that the only one who benefited from the move was Mokoena, after WBA finished higher than Arsenal, and Man Utd.

Connolly is apparently gutted after losing these players, who he was building his whole team around. People involved witht ehc lub say that Connolly's motivation does not seem the same as previous seasons, and they are worried that Connolly may be moving to another club, especially after he has been chased by big clubs such as Man Utd, Liverpool, and most recently Chelsea. Even though Connolly turned down all of the opportunities, it was before Connolly's team was ripped apart by the departure of the 3 key players in Connolly's plans, to mount a serious title challenge in years to come. One insider said at the club

"Mr. Connolly says that after losing these players, it has put the club back 3 years, and these are 3 years he didnt want to lose after being so close to mounting a challenge for the title. He also mentioned that he's not sure if he still has to motivation to rebuild the team to remain a big club in England. There's a feeling round here that next season isn't going to be a fun one, and that we won't be progressing on previous achievemnts."

So after a greatly succesful season for Connolly, who was also given the Manager Of The Year Award, the future isn't bright, its not even orange. Maybe not even Blue and White for much longer.

Everton turn things around and make a dramatic return to the Premiership

As you probably know by now my everton side have been promoted back to the Premiership after a 3 season absence from it.

It wasnt easy and we only just made it into the playoff's seeing off portsmouth who were equal with us on points in 6th place just didnt have the goal difference.

Here is all the results from last week that led upto the win in the playoff final.

Crystal Palace 0-3 Everton

Scorers: Rossi (2), Freier

A solid start that i didnt expect. As Crystal palace were a title challenging side i didnt expect to brush past them this easy. Rossi on form yet again to bring a good victory to goodison park.

QPR 5-0 Everton

With my star keeper getting injured 3 minutes into this game and then not having a sub keeper on the bench my players were in for a treat here.

Off came some shitty defender who i put in goal and as i expected he done absolute ********. Could well of been more than 5 but to be fair he did make a couple of saves just not enough.

A terrible result but sometimes things like these happen although i swear i put a sub keeper on my bench icon_smile.gif.

Everton 1-2 Coventry

Scorers: Cuirlizza (Penalty)

An important game this was and to lose it was a real shame. My players hadnt really recovered from the morale sinking defeat last game and it led to my defence being exposed several times.

Having neil knight come on as a sub and then get sent off in the second half after coming on as a sub didnt help either and thats when their winner came.

Everton 2-0 Doncaster

Scorers: Van Persie, Beattie

Red Cards: Neil Knight

With our results being so inconsistant at the moment it was very hard to predict what this result was going to be. After the 2 major blows we had just suffered we picked ourselves up a little in this game and seen off mid table side doncaster.

But with rossi injured towards the end of the game that was what i was most worried about.

Wolves 2-0 Everton

After keeping a clean sheet last game it meant nothing as it was cancelled out by wolves as they got the clean sheet this time.

Again another key player getting injured affected our chances a little bit of maybe grabbing a win.

Everton 0-2 Leicester

Top of the league leicester now and right from the kick off they showed us just why they was top.

With a top notch performance by leicester and 2 top notch goals i couldnt really do anything about it rather than just live with the loss.

Everton 5-0 Plymouth

Scorers: Van Persie, Beattie (3), Cahill

A grudge match this was. After plymouth chairman had sacked me 2 years ago i had something to prove and i wanted to show them what they were missing. We did just that and hammered them to my delight.

I decided to part with beattie for this game and it paid off nicely with him netting a hat trick and with van persie playing some very good football of late it was the perfect recipe for sucess.

Derby 0-4 Everton

Scorers: Beattie (2), Van Persie, Pokorny

After last games demolishing against my previous club we now done it again this time against strugglers derby.

Similar scorers to the last game and plenty of chances aswell. Pokorny was star of the match though as he scored a cracking goal and assisted james beattie to help him along the way.

Tuesday results now and with the season getting closer and closer to the finish with us still sitting in 8th position just out of the playoff's we really needed to get together a winning streak.

We started off with sheffield wednesday this session and with the past 2 wins confidence was very high.

Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 Everton

A terrible start which i didnt expect. We played the better football but like many times before our defence was sleeping which allowed sheffield wednesday to create a few chances of their own.

Everton 2-0 Hull

Scorers: Beattie (2)

2nd place side at the time hull was probably one of the most important fixtures i had left for this season and boy did we need a win against them.

A good game which seen us outplay hull but this wasnt going to be the last time facing them.

Millwall (Saeeds Assistant) 4-1 Everton

Scorers: Beattie

With millwall playing as well as they were and fighting for 2nd place no matter how well my side played we wasnt going to beat them on this day.

My team had more chances but millwall were able to take all their's much better. With beattie grabbing a goal back in the 70th minute it gave me a little bit of hope but millwall grabbed a 4th and ended this result.

With just 3 games left and us in 7th place 5 points away from the playoff's things werent looking easy but with 6th place portsmouth to play end game of the season the hope was still there

Everton 2-0 Reading

Scorers: Knight, Kuzyka (Penalty)

This was a great result and moved us just that little bit closer and with portsmouth losing we were only one point away from them in 6th now.

Kuzyka scored his first goal for the club since joining and although it was a penalty it was still a goal to proud of and a goal that we needed.

Notts Forest 0-3 Everton

Scorers: Knight, Korzym, Osman

We did it icon_smile.gif. We overcame mid table notts forest and on the final whistle i was overjoyed as we moved into 6th place equal on points with portsmouth but still there was one problem left and that was that we had to face portsmouth last game of the season and any result but a loss would put us into the playoff's.

Everton 0-0 Portsmouth (Final game of 6th season)

Everton in the playoff's for the second year running and although portsmouth pressed enckleman really did play amazing and grabbed man of match award.

My players really wanted it and so did I and i was glad just to be in the playoff's after such a strange season in terms of how the results went.

Everton qualify for the playoff's and are to face hull city at goodison park for the first leg

Everton 1-0 Hull (Championship playoff final leg 1)

Scorers: Osman

It took a while for us to score but we got that all important goal. For it to be a playoff match and for us to play like we did a 1-0 result just didnt seem fair.

But the away leg was sure to be harder i was just thankful they didnt have that away goal.

Their keeper got man of the match award.

Hull 2-3 Everton (Championship playoff semi final leg 2)

Scorers: Rossi (2), Beattie

This was probably the most exciting game i had played in a while and with me nervous as hell i just praying that my team could overcome this obstacle that was thrown at them.

With teh first leg all being one sided really with use dominating for most of it Hull had a point to prove and when 90 minutes came it was 2-2 on aggregate.

A few tactical changes were needed to stop this from going to penalties and us no doubt getting knocked out so i switched rossi's and beatties positions and guess what????? They both scored in extra time to take us from 2-1 down into a 3-2 lead and the playoff finals were looking good.

The whistle went and we had to face Crystal Palace in the final at Wembley.

With all players fit for the first time this season i was very confident but i didnt want to under-estimate my opponents.

Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace (Championship Playoff Final)

After last seasons loss in the playoff final this season we had turned it around and won it to be promoted to the premiership for next season. Another one sided game really and we throughly deserved to win it.

So with that season now out the way and our new start in the premiership already begun the future is now looking better for everton and My career.

Report to follow soon on how our first 4 games of the new season went in the premiership and what new buys we have brought in for this season to stregthen our squad after zander diamond left (one of our best defenders) and Paul freier (A decent midfielder).

Just to let all members know all sessions are again on this coming week

If any member needs game loading up for some t+t time or any other reason then just let me know on msn and i can put game up.

Remember reports those of you that aint done them yet and speak to you all monday icon_smile.gif

Evertons good start early on gives manager Lee Owens some hope for the coming season

So Everton in the premiership with the big boys at long last again but will they be able to cope???

Who knows but one thing for sure is that manager Lee Owens is trying his hardest to strengthen his squad in areas that he feels are weak so that Everton can hopefully pull off enough wins to stay in this division for future seasons.

After the departue of top defender Zander Diamond going to stevey's Birmingham and Paul Freier leaving also I was determined to get some quality replacements in for them so that i didnt miss them too much.

Here are all the new players I have brought in for the coming campaign.

Denis Horvat - A 20 year old Slovenian striker that looks very promising. Still not ready for first team experience yet so will go out on loan until he gets plenty of it.

Lucas Castroman - Not seen as more than a backup midfielder really. Has started the season off pretty well and will be good to see how he progresses.

Martijn Monteyne - Again brought as a reserve and being 25 years old he is at his peak. Looks a strong defender and again is just a backup player.

Brett Emerton - Brought in to replace diamond and has so far played exceptionally well. Expect to see a lot of good defending from this player.

Alejandro Sanchez Fernandez - Brought for quite a cheap price and another one of my players fernandez is a backup striker for the team. so far aint really started well and his fitness worries me.

Ari Nyman - Another defender and a very strong one. Has started the season off well and with him working well with emerton so far our defence should be pretty solid this season....i hope.

Thats all the players i have brought in. Will they improve the overall quality of my team this season????? only time will tell.

So the new season got underway and here is how our first 4 games in the top league in england went.

Everton 3-1 Tottenham (Sean)

Scorers: Osman, Rossi (2)

A dream start for us this was as we came up against world class players such as robinho and dagoberto but still we did not let world class players such as these didnt frighten us though and we came out winners.

An inspiring first game for rossi left me very pleased after the game. Rossi was awarded the man of the match award.

Ipswich (Mike) 2-1 Everton

Scorers: Neil Knight

Another game against a human side this time we didnt really get much luck though and with rossi getting injured our firepower was much weaker.

But along came neil knight on as a sub and scored the goal to put us 1 up when the half time whistle was blown. The 2nd half kicked off and within a few minutes it was all square.

But 64 minutes was the turning point in this game as cuirlizza was sent off and we had to play the remainder of the game with 10 men.

Mikes ipswich side grabbed a 74 minute winner to give us our first defeat but still was a good performance.

Charlton 1-1 Everton

Scorers: Pokorny

Again another great performance by my side and we looked very good throughout the game putting charlton under pressure for most of it. I think charlton only had one shot and they scored with it and my side well we could only manage 1 goal ourselves.

Everton 3-1 Aston Villa

Scorers: Cahill, Rossi, Hopkins

Final game of the weeks sessions then which ended very well for me with us overcoming last seasons title contenders 3-1 breezing past them.

Super sub hopkins even made an appearance and slotted home the 3rd it could of been many more though as we didnt give villa any chances and were outplaying them fully.

A 3-1 win though that was deserved and gave me a good end to the session and a positive start to the new season.

Still way to early to predict where im going to finish really but as the season goes on im sure i will figure that out sometime. For now thats it roll on this weeks sessions icon_smile.gif

Everton 3-1 Tottenham (Sean)

Scorers: Osman, Rossi (2)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that what its come to? One of Lee's sides beating Spurs. icon15.gif

Pull your finger out Sean!

The Coast Is Always Changing

Ok, I havn't done a team report in a while so i have a bit to cover. First of all im going to introduce the players i brought in last season,

Sidney Govou - A strong midfielder who was brought in on a free. Unfortuantly Sidney got injured before he even kicked a ball and is out for about 9 months plus, makes ya sick doesn't it.

Hatem Ben Arfa - A player with exceptional skill. Brought in from Spurs under a cloud of controversy as his contract was running up. Ben can play in the midfield or upfront, but i think his best roll is actually a support man.

Sebastian Kehl - A strong midfielder who i intially brought in to see if he could help in defence. Sebastian came in on a free transfer.

David Allison - David is definatly a player for the future. At only 21 he has the potential to achieve great things but he must work on his workrate. Again another free transfer.

Ricardo Oliveira - Ricardo is a technical player who is deadly infront off goal. brought in to help with the squad rotation. Another Free.

Paul Robinson - With Brad Friedal and Mike Taylor getting ready to claim their pension it was paramount we got keepers in. The timely end of Robinson's contract meant we could snap him on a free.

A decent first elevan was assembled but at a very high cost. We also managed to bring Yakubu back to St Andrews during the January window at a cost of 11 million. We had a fairly decent season managing to finish in 3rd and also get to the final of the Uefa Cup which unfortunatly we lost. So we had grabbed a Champions league spot which was nice.

The financial side though is a different story. After bringing in a few players the wages went through the roof. For most of the season we were losing money at a rapid rate. Come the end of the season we were in the red with debts over 5 million. It was time to sit down and sort the finances out.

Well done to Mr Murphy for winning the Premiership and buy winning it by a clear margin.

And well done to everyone else who woke up this morning still alive

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

Is that what its come to? One of Lee's sides beating Spurs. icon15.gif

Pull your finger out Sean! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta beat someone sometime icon_smile.gif.

Please can i have every members votes in sometime for who they think should participate in the world cup clan challenge if to take place thanks. Either send me your 5 people you think should participate in it over msn or post it on our forum cheers

Speak to you all in session tonight icon_smile.gif

And well done to everyone else who woke up this morning still alive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that include me icon_biggrin.gif

After stepping down from Brighton at the end of the season,

Man City were managerless, there squad was awful, only concisting of 5 players, with a wealthy budget off a few million, i decided that i would take the uphill struggle of rearming Man City with a few quality players and taking them back to the big time where they deserve to be, after a few managers didn't have the best of times at Man City (Fred RIP) I thought i was the rite man for the job, my first task was to ultimately remove everyone from the club (excluding cerci)all 4 of them were gone icon_smile.gif

With the start of the season looming in the distance, time was becoming short for me to bring in fresh players to the club in badly need of reshaping & fresh players injected to give it some new life.

Players In

Andrew Barrowman - Free Transfer

after being released from Toner's Birmingham decided to give the guy a chance as my first signing at City.

Kevin Kerr - Another Free Transfer

only 18 years of age, not very good stats, needed all i could get though, not proving to be bad so far into the campaign.

Carlos Pinto - Free Transfer

released by Sporting, 4 U21 caps for Portugal aswell, very good AM/RC, was very pleased to get my hands on a quality player so early on.

David Preece - Free Transfer

With no other gk at the club, 33year old preece was thrown straight in not bad stats for league one.

Lewis Guy - Free Transfer

Pleased to get my hands on the former Newcastle Striker, good stats, another good striker to partner Cerci.

Paul Collins - Exchanged

Exchanged with Lee Owens Everton, for Alejandro Fernandez + 600k in my favour

Carl Cooper - 500k

Very Good Midfielder signed from Toner.

Scott Richards - Free

Backup Centre Back.

Ashley Williams - Free

Another Backup Defender, half decent stats.

Craig Morgan - 75k

Very Good Defender signed very cheaply from Wrexham, instantly commands a first team place.

Ross Clarke - 12k

Midfielder signed from Gretna quite cheaply, half decent squad coming along now.

Erik Friisk - 120k

Rosenborg midfielder Friisk was last of the spending before start of the season, hopefully now have got enough cover.

Players Out

Fernandez - 600k + player

sold to Lee's everton to generate some money and get a player icon_smile.gif

Rest were all released on free, even the reserves icon_biggrin.gif

Results and other news to come after session tonight.

UP THE CITY!

MIGHTY LIONS TAMED IN THE PREMIERSHIP!!

What can the lion tamer begin with? Millwall finished their championship season as runners up thanks to hughie mcaughley my assistant and the sheer determination of the lions. Reason being that good old hughie took over full team reponsibilities while the tamer had to attend to important real life issues towards end of the season. He did handsomely well and his reward is immunity from ever being sacked for his whole career.

The wonderful fans of a football club are usually not given the tribute and praise they deserve. Even more less the actual board of driectors rarely get mentioned. So I have dedicated premiership football status of Millwall to the board of directors and jubilant supporters that have shown immense loyalty to the club. Ticket sales have rocketed since the tamer took over nearly 5 seasons ago now and fans have been spoilt for choice and entertainment. More so they have been extremely well behaved compared their notorious reputation a decade ago. Finances are extremely healthier than they have ever been, however there was 2 long seasons of balance being in the red where the board did not hesitate to inject money and putting their money where their mouth is. I salute you all and may the lions avoid relegation with minimal injuries.

The tamer always knew that this season in the premiership was gonna be highly tough as he tasted bitter relegation twice early in his career. He is desperately hoping those sad sequences will have instilled a high level of experience and that he can spread it into the blood of the dedicated players.

Season 7 anguish

Millwall could not have wished for the worst possible start to their premiership campaign! A current goal difference of -38 makes me cringe immensely. I need to pull a miracle somehow and reduce that margin ridiculously. Points on the board are a must as I am way down the table. 17th place will be liking winning the championship in half a season. Alas mighty extra work will need to take place and training schedules, coach assignments along with tactics will see a major revamp which will hopefully get the players a bit more focused. My three main signings for the season worth mentioning would be an 18 year old promising striker Hartley , Jermaine Pennant a quality right winger and a utile fullback snapped from ac milan on a free. Wage bill is only concern this season and that will be solved at end of season as beluzogle emre will not sign new contract and one other high earner could be cut loose. Djordjic who i got from Mike's Ipswich has not had the chance to shine and has been unhappy about lack first team opportunities but i do understand his frustrations and i anticapte him to launch team back when his long 4 month injury subsides.

What will follow will be Predictions of Season 7 for all managers and Transfer details, and maybe if your lucky Result Details!

Enjoy this one Lee?

Archived