The Italian Job! Italian league thread is here!

calcal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Well, he played against Juve, Barça and Tottenham and to me doesn't seem he performed particulary well

Are you serious?

Spoiler

He was the only reason (and Handanović) why Barcelona didn't batter Inter in both games. Of course CB will look bad in some situations when fullback on his side is garbage.

Against Juventus in 3 games no goals were even close to him. In this game just now Ronaldo had one good dribble past him and that was it. Completely invisible otherwise.
Kane had 1 chance in 2 games against Inter.
Idk what more could you ask for, especially with no midfield or fullback presence.

14 hours ago, aandjunaidi said:

Alberto moreno

Literally brought him on a free on my save and sold him and Kwadwo to Real for 100mil combined at the start of the third season.

Edited by GunmaN1905

3 hours ago, aandjunaidi said:

this is him on my save.

Antony Angileri_ Overview Profile-2.png

Yea, he's the second highest rated CB in Palermo u18's in the first season, this guy is no1. Just brought him off the bench in a game where 6 of my first 11 were on international duty.

image.thumb.png.a4452cd995fce167abb37cc50369fbe9.png

Just entering the final few games of the season and somehow (with only 3 players on defend mentality) I've got to 25 games unbeaten. To be fair Palermo are the best in the league and predicted top, but since Christmas every team has collasped after letting in 1 goal.

image.thumb.png.8bce7e468a7ca97b82ef03bb45d567d2.png

3 ore fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Are you serious?

Yes. Those videos doesn't prove anything, in 90 mins you can always find few things well done.
On whoscored he has 6.94 avg this season. Ok, probably you say that for you doesn't mean anything but just compare that value with the ones got for important matches:

Juve - Inter 6.47
Tott - Inter 6.89
Inter - Tott 6.67
Barça - Inter 6.45
Lazio - Inter last season 6.4

The only match he got a better value than avg has been in Inter-Barça. 
Imo a ''big games player'' should perform as usual or better in most of those matches, not worse. 

Example Mandzukic, avg 7.36
Juve - Inter 7.76
Milan - Juve 7.74
Juve - Napoli 8.93
Real - Juve last season 8.6 

PS: check his consistency value. ;) 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Yes. Those videos doesn't prove anything, in 90 mins you can always find few things well done.

Few things well done? Are you serious? Or are you just trying to bait me?

Whoscored? Just checked it. Perišić has better avg rating than Škriniar even though he's been literally useless whole season long. Basically didn't have a good game since world cup final. Doesn't deserve even 6.5 avg rating.
Argument completely invalid.

Handanović has 6.81 and D'Ambrosio has 7.02.
One basically single-handedly wins 10-15 points for Inter every season, the other one is directly responsible for good amount of the goals conceded.

8 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Whoscored? Just checked it. Perišić has better avg rating than Škriniar even though he's been literally useless whole season long. Basically didn't have a good game since world cup final. Doesn't deserve even 6.5 avg rating.
Argument completely invalid.

The point is not to compare players, compare his avg one with the ratings got from him in those matches.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

4 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

The point is not to compare players, compare his avg one with the ratings got from him in those matches. 

The point is that those ratings are flawed.

2-0 loss in Barcelona, Danilo has 6.8 and Škriniar 6.5 even though Danilo is to blame for the second goal. Directly.
Handanović has 8.3 and 6.6 against Atalanta in a loss, even though his saves were much more difficult against Atalanta.

Just skimmed across some stats. For example Calhanoglu has higher average rating than Romagnoli. He has done literally nothing useful whole season long, while Romagnoli has been Milan's best defensive player by far.

6 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

The point is that those ratings are flawed.

Again, compare just his ratings..
I understand what you say but after all those matches everything gets more or less balanced. Can't be a casuality that just in important matches he got lower ratings than usual :) Note that isn't like that for everyone, then it isn't a leak in the algorithm

For example Chiellini has a +4 in important matches and -1 in consistency

The winter World Cup made the fifth season in Rome perhaps the most difficult yet. The injuries piled up along with the fixtures, but we refused to break winning a domestic double with only one defeat along the way. 

As aforementioned the European final saw us face The Old Lady in Manchester. 3-0 down inside 26 minutes, there was no way back. We would eventually lose 4-1 in a humiliating and sore end to the season. 

Under proved yet again he's one of the world's best talents with 34 assists. Bellissimo. 

Watching on as Bonucci restored Juve's European honour, I couldn't help but feel my time in the capital could be over. 

leonardo-bonucci-juventus-roma-serie-a_1gxhtjt8chhsd1cds2m8bia4yt.thumb.jpg.ae7643d15c6125f8b5c2c53a482c948d.jpg

15 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

an't be a casuality that just in important matches he got lower ratings than usual.

Oh, **** off with your bloody trolling.

Whole f-ing Europe was impressed with his performances against Barcelona, especially in 1v1 situations against some of the best offensive players in the world and you're here strawmanning me with some irrelevant site.

As for FM stats, who even cares. I've been complaining about two players for years and they never change anything. Brozović has been running like a madman for years, breaks all the records in distance covered during WC and is still at 14 stamina and workrate.

Season done, won the league with 2 games to spare, finally lost a game after 27 unbeaten.

image.thumb.png.e35b137017b96e6a93982848b99a8b59.png

POTY for me was Haitam Aleesami, 4 goals 5 assists and part of the meanest defence of the league.

image.thumb.png.f4813d66119e92d46c4841ca7aae09f5.png

I bolstered the squad with 4 loans in January (Dalot on a 18 month loan for free!) but they were mainly used as cover until Rispoli hamstring tore in February and Dalot took over. Ibarbo who used to be a menace on fm15 was garbage and injury prone. Embalo, Salvio and Fiordilino didn't feature very much for me and were surplus to requirements. Signings for the year were fairly frugal and with 4.5 mil to spend next year, it's going to be a very tight summer.

3 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Oh, **** off with your bloody trolling.

Whole f-ing Europe was impressed with his performances against Barcelona, especially in 1v1 situations against some of the best offensive players in the world and you're here strawmanning me with some irrelevant site.

As for FM stats, who even cares. I've been complaining about two players for years and they never change anything. Brozović has been running like a madman for years, breaks all the records in distance covered during WC and is still at 14 stamina and workrate.

If brozovic and skriniar plays in EPL, i can make it sure that they got massive improvement.

Anybody remember alisson PA on fm18? Look his PA now

I've let Cutrone go, he's joined another Serie A club (I done it last night and have already forgotten), for £100k a month loan, with a optional future fee of £9m, which includes a buy back clause of £12m if he starts to perform again.

Really disappointed as I had huge hopes for him, just never got him scoring at all.

My January window was trying to fight off other clubs. Liverpool spent the whole window trying to sign Cragno, highest offer was £29m, Diakhaby was hunted by PSG and Barca, who both went as high as £55. PSG bid £35m for Emerson, and almost every player had a "wanted" symbol next to them. 

Had to reject them all as it's January, but might do a deal for Diakhaby/Emerson in the Summer. Cragno is unsellable though, want an Italian core and I can't replace him with any better Italian keeper.

Coming to the business end of my first season with Fiorentina; here's how the league's looking:

SdiHU3F.png

And here are my final 7 games:

rzqlx2l.png

Needless to say that is not a confidence inspiring run-in for finishing in European spot. The next two games are massive.

5 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Alisson vas average before the last season, tbh. But as you said, there's countless examples.

Totally agree, Alisson got massive improvement and seems over-rated to me. He's great GK but i dont think he deserves that instantly

Edited by aandjunaidi

36 minuti fa, aandjunaidi ha scritto:

Totally agree, Alisson got massive improvement and seems over-rated to me. He's great GK but i dont he deserves that instantly

The problem for Alisson and many serie A players has been the non update in febraury that's why that big changement between fm18 and 19

35 minutes ago, aandjunaidi said:

Tries to sign SMS from lazio, always rejected. He request transfer for 92mill. 

Offering 75mill rejected, but Man City's 59mill bid accepted :seagull:

How were the two deals structured?

Plenty on people here complain that their £100m bid was rejected but someone else's £60m was accepted, then reveal their £100m was £10m up front and £90m over clauses.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How were the two deals structured?

Plenty on people here complain that their £100m bid was rejected but someone else's £60m was accepted, then reveal their £100m was £10m up front and £90m over clauses.

60 cash + 15 installments + clause.

Man city 59mill cash + clause probably percentage of next sale.

I never include percentage profit of next sale

1 minute ago, aandjunaidi said:

60 cash + 15 installments + clause.

Man city 59mill cash + clause probably percentage of next sale.

I never include percentage profit of next sale

Exactly, so you're initial fees are identical, it's then up to them what clauses they value higher. Maybe they believe he'll be sold on again, and the percentage they receive will be over the amount your clauses come to.

With your first negotiations did they ask for a percentage clause?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Exactly, so you're initial fees are identical, it's then up to them what clauses they value higher. Maybe they believe he'll be sold on again, and the percentage they receive will be over the amount your clauses come to.

With your first negotiations did they ask for a percentage clause?

First negotiation i removed percentage clause, i never and dont want to use it

1 minute ago, aandjunaidi said:

First negotiation i removed percentage clause, i never and dont want to use it

So they asked for it?

Usually when they ask for it straight away, that's them highlighting the fact the clause is important to them, you've negotiated another deal without it, but when Man City have come in, offered the same money up front, but included the clause they wanted, they've gone with that instead.

I'm back in the dugout...

GettyImages-493227592.thumb.jpg.7895acffb09a6832700d686f32339d2f.jpg

After a horrible season, Roberto Martinez finally got the chop in the winter break as his Napoli side lay 19th in Serie A amassing a lowly 17 points. 

Straight to the point the board requested European football and supplied a kitty of £50m. As it stands Napoli are 12 points adrift. 

Player wise only Rui and Allan remain from that Sarri side. Star of the show is a 26 year old Renato Sanches with little supporting acts. 

As with Roma I'll build from the back and opt for home grown players. My first game? Juventus!

@RandomGuy. 

You've actually made me want to try out Roma... Have never played with them in any version of FM or CM. My experience in Italy is limited to Inter, Milan and Fiorentina. 

Edited by Gungner

Enjoyed my first season with Roma, winning the league on the last day! Been given 40mil to spend and with a few sales I've now got 60mil. Not quite enough to compete with the likes of PSG, Liverpool, Man City etc, but enough to make some improvements. Centre back and Goalkeeper are my focus points.

Missed out on Rugani to PSG for 41mil, Pavard to Liverpool for 52mil and Lucas Hernandez for 58mil. Instead, I'm looking at:

- Eder Militao from Porto (who can play at CB, RB, DM and CM) who will cost 45mil

- Wesley Hoedt from Southampton for 25mil

I also want to sign a young italian defender.... How have Gabriele Corbo from Bologna and Davide Bettella from Atalanta developed in people's games?

Edited by FMbeginner

2 hours ago, Gungner said:

@RandomGuy. 

You've actually made me want to try out Roma... Have never played with them in any version of FM or CM. My experience in Italy is limited to Inter, Milan and Fiorentina. 

Good luck :thup:

3 minutes ago, FMbeginner said:

I also want to sign a young italian defender.... How have Gabriele Corbo from Bologna and Davide Bettella from Atalanta developed in people's games?

Corbo                                                                                                                            Bettella

491055491_GabrieleCorbo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.f9a1ee897eda885f999c9d5fcb6eafc6.png 502808113_DavideBettella_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.d8a0e6c1135b2aa16e666047ba5b4565.png

Forgot the Italian January window ends earlier than England, so January 31st came and chunk of offers came in for my players from there.

Liverpool, Crystal Palace and Watford all offered £5m for Raya, couldn't let him leave as I have no real third choice, hes now unsettled as he wanted to join Liverpool.

Man City over £40m for Under, obviously rejected that, been forced to offer him a new deal to keep him happy. £140k a week makes him the highest earner at the club, and is the most I can even offer.

I did, however, accept an offer for Emerson, who leaves just 12 months after rejoining. Man City negotiated up to £46.5m, a huge profit from the £25m I spent on him.

It means my net spend over my six transfer windows is, I think, -£153m. I've spent £173m, and brought in £326m. #MonchiBall

It also means Luca Pellegrini is my undisputed first choice left back.

1518779461_LucaPellegrini_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.1f75310b01cc14c89e59295f5a594c1d.png

7 minutes ago, FMbeginner said:

Cheers @RandomGuy. Neither Corbo or Bettella have really developed on your game. Have they played many minutes in the first few seasons other than the current season?

Doesn't look like it. Corbo played 3 games in the first two seasons, then went on loan to Basel where he had six games over the course of the season. Is a regular for Bologna this season.

Bettella is fairly similar, but hasn't played as much this season. 

Imagine both could turn out better away from the AI, tbh.

19 hours ago, aandjunaidi said:

That's fair enough but still look over-rated. Check on pre-game editor he's on De Gea level.that's why i told you he's a little bit over-rated cause IIRC handanovic's CA was higher than alisson PA on fm18

Alisson is much better than de Gea.

47 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Alisson is much better than de Gea.

yes he's better on the game now. but i dont want to make comparison their quality IRL, i just think his attribute on the game a little bit over-rated. of course he deserves some improvements than last edition, but not that massive as he has now. just because liverpool sign him on world record, probably that's the reaon why he got massive improvements.

IIRC he just spent 1 full season as first team GK with roma after wojcieh sczesczny departure to juventus.

2019 summer transfer window

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.36b94f0041238cb653efae4f25fc8a82.jpg

+ Higuain returned and Cuadrado joins Milan in January for €30m.

I struggled to find the right formation during the pre-season. In the last two games I use asymmetric tactics.

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.c6b1fc39de10ad210b5ac8c699be3c94.jpg

Derby d'Italia 4-1
Derby della Mole 9-0 (Belotti was sent off early)

Untitled-4.thumb.jpg.c0a23d25e5fce279a209f0299a68df62.jpg

10 hours ago, Gungner said:

@RandomGuy. Who's your first choice keeper at this point? Raya, Rajkovic or that guy you brought in from (Cagliari?) ? And how's Mertens doing for you?

Cragno is first choice, but Raya comes in for weaker games/Italian cup games/European group games after ive qualified.

Rajkovic was loaned out and I'm looking to sell him at the moment, but Raya is demanding a move. If he's still like that in the Summer I'll give Rajkovic a go as second choice.

Mertens is doing what Id hoped. He replaces Maxi Gomez when he's injured and provides a solid 6.8 rating and a few goals, I've started playing De Graco more than Mertens though.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cragno is first choice, but Raya comes in for weaker games/Italian cup games/European group games after ive qualified.

Rajkovic was loaned out and I'm looking to sell him at the moment, but Raya is demanding a move. If he's still like that in the Summer I'll give Rajkovic a go as second choice.

Mertens is doing what Id hoped. He replaces Maxi Gomez when he's injured and provides a solid 6.8 rating and a few goals, I've started playing De Graco more than Mertens though.

That's cool. I've started a Roma save, and took a page out of your playbook and signed Willian José for £15 million. I lost Manolas though, as Real Madrid matched his release fee for foreign clubs at £35 million. Offered him a new contract, but he decided on Madrid. So now my central defense is limited to Fazio, Jésus and Marcano. I think I need another one before the end of the transfer window, or I'll be stuck with three until January. Nothing else to rapport really, only played one game, a friendly against a lower ranked Italian side, which was won 4-0 (an own goal, two El Shaarawy goals and a Pastore penalty). 

Edited by Gungner

4 games in with AS Roma, and undefeated. Memorable victories over Lazio and Inter, with the latter being quite a cracker. Down 0-2 at halftime, we pull it around and win 3-2 thanks to a Dzeko goal in overtime. There was a slip-up at home to Udinese who managed to get away with 1-1, but 3 wins and a draw sees us sitting second behind Juventus with 12 points out of 12. 

My Champions League group consists of Barcelona, CSKA Moscow and Galatasaray. I hope I can take second place and fulfill the boards request of going through. Really enjoying Roma so far. 

On 13/12/2018 at 15:30, Gungner said:

That's cool. I've started a Roma save, and took a page out of your playbook and signed Willian José for £15 million. I lost Manolas though, as Real Madrid matched his release fee for foreign clubs at £35 million. Offered him a new contract, but he decided on Madrid. So now my central defense is limited to Fazio, Jésus and Marcano. I think I need another one before the end of the transfer window, or I'll be stuck with three until January. Nothing else to rapport really, only played one game, a friendly against a lower ranked Italian side, which was won 4-0 (an own goal, two El Shaarawy goals and a Pastore penalty). 

Hows Willian Jose getting on for you? And I just, just managed to get Manolas on a new deal before he left. Hope you have more luck with Pastore too, was superb, but just couldn't stay fit.