The Italian Job! Italian league thread is here!

calcal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Trent71 said:

For some weird reason, this guy has not played a single competitive game this season, as he's benched for a 34yo Navas. Looks like my first January buy is going to be quite impressive!

as you're prioritising Italian signings, you should be looking at Tonali, he might be available for relatively cheap price

39 minutes ago, daho said:

as you're prioritising Italian signings, you should be looking at Tonali, he might be available for relatively cheap price

Yeah, he is on my watchlist but atm he's with Inter. During the first two transfer windows a lot of youth talents that I had my eye on we're poached by bigger clubs.

9 ore fa, bangkonggedek ha scritto:

Acerbi finally got his long overdue boost to his Natural Fitness, Pavoletti now pretty much the master of accurate headers, Zaniolo have improved very nicely overall and a much more combative presence in the midfield, Quagliarella now is a Born Leader (20 Determination and Leadership) as well as 3 points boost to Decisions (which should means his CA has been bumped up quite alot)

...and Lykogiannis got a whooping 10 points boost to his Crossing (it was only a diabolical 3 before, lol).

By the way, at long last they've corrected Koulibaly's height :cool:

Pretty happy with the update this year. Obviously we can't agree about everything but they made many fair adjustments. Yes they made Zaniolo more a ''quantity midfielder'', which I agree.

PS: Pavoletti is my nightmare. I think in these last 3 FM is the stricker that scored me the most :lol: Now I am super scared but upgrade deserved, he's a monster in the air

With the January transfer window now done and dusted, lets rewind on the deals we concluded:

I made my first exception from the homegrown development by arranging Guendouzi on a free next season. I'm not overly happy with Stefano Sturaro's start here and I think the young Frenchman would offer an improvement - and he's a player I look forward to testing out on FM, as I've never had him in my squad on any other save so far. Alex Meret was the only first team signing, as he joins from Napoli for 12.5M Euro (potentially up to 17.5M), while Confente joins Lazio on a 1.1M loan deal. The U20 and U18 teams were boosted by a number of players, as Carbone and Minelli join from Siena and Pro Vercelli respectively (both for crumbs), while Emilio Bonazzi (2.4M, Genoa) and Tommaso Pesce (2.3M, Empoli) might even get some first team apps this campaign. Roberto Occhi (2.2M, Genoa) and Luigi Bruno (52K, Cesena) complete the U20/U18 boost. Though, in Bruno's case, I wonder how I ever got to bid for him...must've been caught up in the bidding spree for the other talents! 

The only other outgoing deal was Endro Panelli joining Chievo on loan for a fee of 750K.

Meanwhile, our millionaire president is investing in the stadium, as the capacity will be increased to 40K! Nice boost, as we've been at capacity for many big games now. 

After last year's European heartbreak against Valencia, we suffered once more, but this time for the Italian Super Cup - not once, but twice in one game...after Tumminello's goal in the 91st minute, I thought we had it, only for Kean to equalize minute later. And then Cancelo at the last possible second of stoppage time...couldn't it have just been a boring 2:0 win for Juventus? Wouldn't have been bothering as much...

Oh, and in other news, somehow we've made Napoli our sparring team! - 6 games, 6 wins for Palermo and then, quite naturally, a 7th followed (you can also check the league table here). Sadly, Davide Baselli gave a MoM performance in that match, but is also out for the rest of the season :( Never in a million years I would believe we can hold a 100% record against such a side like Napoli, not to mention they won the title when we promoted! Also when you look at that table, feel free to cross your fingers with me and pray Cagliari relegate - Nicolo Barella is my number one top priority signing for the summer, but I'm not spending 60-70M for him! Even as they linger 4 points from safety, Barella still averages a 7.13 rating!

Results-wise we've been solid, with the exception of the blip against Atalanta and the unsurprising defeats against Juventus - though the 5:0 away trashing of Lazio is certainly the pinnacle of our form.

Also, you might as well compare Cristiano Ronaldo to a wine, who gets better with age, as the 36yo makes a better season than his last each year for Juventus! Definitely looking forward to when he leaves/retires, so I can have a proper chance at the title, as I have little to none right now.

Started a new save with Brescia with this winter update. Was hoping to be a challenging team but try and build something for a real push for promotion next season. 1st season signed Nabil Jaadi on a free and Marco Perrotta from Spal. Sold Ndoj to Watford for 2m and future clauses plus loaned him back for the season. Ended up having a very good season and won the title by 6 points.

Got Tonali and Viviani tied down to new deals for the next 4 years and they look to be content with staying thank god. In terms of improving the team it was mostly done with loans due to a 4m transfer budget and 60k spare in wages for Serie A. Got  Matt Miazaga, Ola Aina, Cheik Keita, Rolando Aarons, Diogo Goncalves & Moises Kean on loan. Signed Rivaldo Coetzee and and a CM from Sporting Lisbon who looks great and only cost me 34k. Can't remember his name though. Also purchased a Portugese RB for 200k called Costinho and he looks and is playing incredibly.

First 5 games of Serie A:

Perugia (a) - Won 2-0.

Spal (H) - Won 1-0.

Palermo (A) - Draw 0-0.

Frosinone (A) - Draw 0-0.

Parma (H) - Won 1-0.

As you can see probably the best first 5 fixtures we can get and on a good run with an unbeaten streak and not conceded. Next 5 games are going to be very difficult though as we go against Juventus, Inter, Atalanta, Roma & Lazio. Will really see what we're made off in them games.

Haven't played in more than a month and decided on trying to create a pressing tactic with Inter in 19.3.

First season went well, managed to win Scudetto and Coppa, QF in CL.
Signed Barella, Tonali and Vignato, got rid of Valero and Mario.

I don't usually make a lot of changes in one transfer window, but this happened in summer of 2019. :D
Going to be really interesting.

zbc2Esg.png

Miranda is not on the list, but he retired.

It looks like they increased AI's willingness to buy your players.

1 ora fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Haven't played in more than a month and decided on trying to create a pressing tactic with Inter in 19.3.

I don't usually make a lot of changes in one transfer window, but this happened in summer of 2019. :D

zbc2Esg.png

Tell me how Romero and Lazzari will perform. Anyways why Jorginho? Do you like him or do you want to have some tialian players? 

8 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Tell me how Romero and Lazzari will perform. Anyways why Jorginho? Do you like him or do you want to have some tialian players? 

Romero already looks great, 3 stars (De Vrij has 4 and Škriniar 4.5).

Jorginho because I sold Brozović and Vecino.

Playing 4-3-3 with DLP-D on DM and 2 b2b.

Used Gagliardini as DM, but he's way better in b2b role.

Jorginho looks like the perfect man for the job because Tonali's only 19, still.

And he was unhappy because Chelsea didn't get into CL.

Now I have Jorginho/Tonali on DM and Gagliardini, Radja, Barella in b2b roles.
Might experiment with Rabiot as AP-A on CM position.

11 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

zbc2Esg.png

Fantastic money to get for your players :eek: And brilliant players you have signed as well :applause:

My Torino save is currently on hold, as I am going to start new save with either Ajax or Watford :D 

11 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

zbc2Esg.png

Nice ones 👍 

It's one of the reasons I haven't started a save as Inter, as I would like to shift about 80-90% of the players, including the RL twit that Naingollan is :D

48 minutes ago, Trent71 said:

Nice ones 👍 

It's one of the reasons I haven't started a save as Inter, as I would like to shift about 80-90% of the players, including the RL twit that Naingollan is :D

Don't say that. :D

He's probably the most important player on that team, scored double digit goals iirc.

Just finished my first season at Palermo, and it went well:

Serie B Eurobet_ Overview Stages.png

The board was extremely generous and gave me a whopping £4 million for transfers :rolleyes:, and £24k for wages. However, when all the people came back from loan, that number quickly changed to minus £54k. So no new deals for me. Before the season, I brought these people in:

U.S. Città di Palermo_  Transfer History.png

After securing promotion, the following people were brought in, including Kevin N'Doram (who's not on the list) on a season long loan :

U.S. Città di Palermo_  Transfer History-2.png

Edited by Gungner

Also already posted this in the Bundesliga thread, but anyways, I'm desperately in search for a long-term save. I've had some short terms one, but nothing clicks thus far. I'm mostly interested in a Serie A or Bundesliga one. Currently, I'm thinking of two clubs from the Serie A.

Milan: The fallen giants. Returning them to former glory would be the goal, while also developing the talent they have there along with it. With Paqueta as Kaka 2.0, what can go wrong?

Roma: A lot of youth and good players like De Rossi and Dzeko, but they fail to be a challenger for the title, with this year especially being a disappointment. Mostly focusing on the youth as the stars are getting on (Dzeko, De Rossi) the goal is for absolute domination. The second coming of the Roman Empire, if you will.

Hope you guys have advice and can guide/point me towards a good choice, since I'm struggling with picking one. Suggestions are always welcome of course. I'd rather not have Inter, cause I've already had a save with them.

@Trent71 Yeah, I must admit I didn't think too much about it :D I just saw his contract expiring and I made the offer. In the beginning, he'll be back-up to Mazzotta at LB, but since he can play MC /DMC too, there's a good chance he'll get some games there as well. 

That

2 hours ago, RVP32 said:

Also already posted this in the Bundesliga thread, but anyways, I'm desperately in search for a long-term save. I've had some short terms one, but nothing clicks thus far. I'm mostly interested in a Serie A or Bundesliga one. Currently, I'm thinking of two clubs from the Serie A.

Milan: The fallen giants. Returning them to former glory would be the goal, while also developing the talent they have there along with it. With Paqueta as Kaka 2.0, what can go wrong?

Roma: A lot of youth and good players like De Rossi and Dzeko, but they fail to be a challenger for the title, with this year especially being a disappointment. Mostly focusing on the youth as the stars are getting on (Dzeko, De Rossi) the goal is for absolute domination. The second coming of the Roman Empire, if you will.

Hope you guys have advice and can guide/point me towards a good choice, since I'm struggling with picking one. Suggestions are always welcome of course. I'd rather not have Inter, cause I've already had a save with them.

That's quote a dilemma actually....I played a couple of games with both of them before the winter update. Both are strong and quite challenging. Milan obviously is better after the update...and with  a healthy finance. Good young core...quite a few Italians. Roma has financial problems.....better staff, though, i.e. Monchi...well not in real life though. Also, very good Italian core and very challenging team.

Actually, i would like to hear other people opinions on these two.....cause i am also thinking of picking one of the two.

Started a new game following the winter update with Napoli - life without Hamsik. 

Absolute legend of the club - most goals and most appearances means replacing him isn't easy. 

I signed Rafinha for quite cheap in the summer before Lozano, Balanta and Tonali joined in January. 

transfers.thumb.PNG.dde02b8931b72b67032c6f3f3e9d5bcd.PNG

So far so good, though, as I sit top of Serie A with 11 games to go (leading Inter by 1 point). 

table.thumb.PNG.12eb4048788830f23d27d741b2022181.PNG

Won my Champions League group ahead of PSG and beat Hoffenheim in the knock out - despite a 2-1 defeat in Germany. 

Have drawn the Bundesliga leaders, Bayern, in the Quarters. 

Playing a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Milik or Mertens leading the line - both have been in great form, particularly Milik of late.  

squad.thumb.PNG.3ac1ba33478936a3721f6ff83bee0577.PNG

Also in the final of the Italian Cup after a 5-2 aggregate win over Inter in the semis. 

Most memorable/satisfying performance of the season - so far: 

roma.thumb.PNG.420f4448541465cc4445e2e529b9d36b.PNG

Onto the rest of the season!

Edited by Shirts

Fiorentina is a great one to do as they are just outside that top 6 but have loads of potential to go far. Lafont, milenkovic, chiesia, simeone. 4 players there who will turn world class after a couple of seasons. 

Havent won anything in ages, 47,000 seater stadium, passionate one club city and they despise juventus so will be good to de throne them! 

13 hours ago, Gungner said:

So my chairman just decided to sell two of my biggest talents, including Da Graca, for peanuts. Screw this save. 

It's tough with the original board that Palermo start with. They do bring an added difficulty level when managing.

I only had one of my top newgen keepers sold by them. For the rest I often moved to renew their contracts as soon as someone showed interest, in many cases offering players way above what they expect to keep them at the club and happy. 

1 hour ago, Trent71 said:

It's tough with the original board that Palermo start with. They do bring an added difficulty level when managing.

I only had one of my top newgen keepers sold by them. For the rest I often moved to renew their contracts as soon as someone showed interest, in many cases offering players way above what they expect to keep them at the club and happy. 

I renewed their contracts as well, including Da Graca, but the board sold him for £3,8 million. 

Finished my 3rd season with Brescia and finished 12th in Serie A. I always seem to have one of the best defences in the league but usually always the worst attacking record. For both my seasons in Serie A my top goal scorer has scored 7 league goals and that's not even from a striker.

Start of season 4 given a budget of 10m. Wasn't great as had to buy a new RB, CB and in desperate need of a goal scorer. Really didn't want to rely on the loan market as want to try build my own team. Sandro Tonali had interest in him from Juventus and Liverpool, I managed to stop him from wanting to leave for the past 3 seasons but this time I just couldn't talk him around. He wanted champions league football and I couldn't offer that. Juve bided and we negotiated a deal of 53m up from with 10m in instalments and 30% of profit on next deal. Just like that he was gone and I now had a 50m budget with 300k spare wages. As much as I wanted to keep Tonali I knew it was the right decision to cash in and start building a better rounded squad.

Some notable signings I got were Claud Adjapong, Antonio Marin, Gil Diaz & Borja Mayoral. Played the first 3 games of the season and can already see that there is more goal scoring potential in the team.  

20 minutes ago, kos77 said:

@Carlf788how was the first season? I am thinking of starting a save with Viola....or Milan......i hanen't decided yet. Do you mind sharing some thoughts about Viola tactics?

I came 7th in the first season. I was around 5th until January then tailed off a bit. I couldn't keep a clean sheet at all! I played a 4-2-4 attacking wing play at home and got loads of goals and played 3 centre halfs and wing backs away and tried to counter. 

Chiesa is so good. Simeone is a goal machine too. Lafont is developing nicely. Unfortunately Arsenal paid Milenkovics 41m release clause so I lost my best centre half but I have replaced him with Koscielny and Fabian Schar. Romero signed for 5m from PSV. The first season isn't ideal as they have a lot of loan players but once you get to the 2nd season you can make your own team. They start with 20m to spend. I'm hoping to get 4th place this season. With Chiesa I think that's possible. Without him there would be no chance 

I've been considering Fiorentina as well... How easy is it to make money as a "non-top team"? And how easy is it to keep a hold of Chiesa and Simeone?

Also, with only £13,46 mil for transfers and £4,95k for wages, there's not much to do in the transfer department... Also seems weird that all of their loanees, except Gerson, has buy-out clauses in real life, but in the game, only Pjaca has one. Oh well. 

Edited by Gungner

15 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Great price for Tonali. How good does he get? I signed him for 12m in the first season with Fiorentina. I have just signed adjapong too for 15m in the 2nd season. 

His stats are really good I mean probably one of the best midfielders on the game. You won't get much in terms of goals and assists but I played him as a DM (DLP) and he just constantly controlled the game and started the attacks off with great passing.

14 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@GunmaN1905 Romero improvement is really good 7.46 not even bad at all! Do you plan him to play with SKriniar in future or do you prefer De Vrij for his ''distribution abilities''?

Idk, I'm also getting Mancini because he has 21mil release clause.
He's on par with De Vrij stats-wise and if someone offers 70+mil which has already happened on my last save, he's gone. :D

I also like Varnier from Atalanta and have Bastoni and Zinho on loan.

I usually play CB+BPD, but I prefer having 4 equal CBs because of injuries, suspensions and fatigue.

1 minuto fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Idk, I'm also getting Mancini because he has 21mil release clause.
He's on par with De Vrij stats-wise and if someone offers 70+mil which has already happened on my last save, he's gone. :D

I also like Varnier from Atalanta and have Bastoni and Zinho on loan.

I usually play CB+BPD, but I prefer having 4 equal CBs because of injuries, suspensions and fatigue.

70Mio for De Vrij?? But I understand you, if a team overpays a player then I would sell anyone except a Messi, Ronaldo, Buffon's clone :D 

In real life even Gravillon could be promising. Not at Bastoni's level atm though. 

@GunmaN1905 how was Icardi during your 1st season...every time i pick Inter, i have problems scoring with him, using 4231, that is. What tactics you think suit best Inter during 1st season?

Also, with the winter update, i would have to leave quite a few players unregistered.....which sucks.....

Edited by kos77

4 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Yeah, also have him out on loan, but doesn't look like he's going to be on other CB's level.

I ship out everyone when they start nearing their 30s and a good offer comes. :D

Yes, specially if they offer 50Mio € for a player like Asamoah :lol:

10 minutes ago, kos77 said:

@GunmaN1905 how was Icardi during your 1st season...every time i pick Inter, i have problems scoring with him, using 4231, that is. What tactics you think suit best Inter during 1st season?

Also, with the winter update, i would have to leave quite a few players unregistered.....which sucks.....

Terrible.

1344925850_FCInternazionaleMilano_Player

Screenshot from the end of the first season.

I always managed to create a tactic that would have him score 30-40 goals even in the first season, but this season it's just awful.
Every day I nearly ragequit because of terrible reactions in front of goal from all of my strikers.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Terrible.

1344925850_FCInternazionaleMilano_Player

Screenshot from the end of the first season.

I always managed to create a tactic that would have him score 30-40 goals even in the first season, but this season it's just awful.
Every day I nearly ragequit because of terrible reactions in front of goal from all of my strikers.

Cheers mate for the quick response. In my save also, he is not good.....actually i am starting a new one now and thinking of not going with real life Inter tactics.....we'll see......4231 is not good in Italy where almost all teams defend with 3-5 defenders.....

any more Inter hints just before i start the save would be much appreciated !!!

Check out my transfers for the second season I posted on this page and that's about it. :D

I'm also struggling with the tactics this year. I win and eventually win the league, but it's really turgid.

Try and develop all the young strikers. Pinamonti, Merola, Colidio, Vergani.
Dimarco is great and keep him from second season onwards.
Zinho and Bastoni also have huge potential. As does D'Amico.

Basically get rid of every midfielder except for Brozović, Nainggolan and Gagliardini.
Politano and Vrsaljko are worth redeeming.

Try and utilize Naiggolan properly, he's just amazing in the game.
Not much to say about Handanović and CBs.

Everything else iz up to you. :D

50 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I am surprised you don't go murder someone :lol:

30 games into the season, I've scored 49 goals and my top scorer is Škriniar with 7 goals.
This match engine is the worst one that I've ever used for as long as I can remember.

Shame since the rest of the game is great.

17 games in 2020, goal difference of 21-8.
11-4-2.
Iditotic.

249 shots.
109 on target.
Probably at least 15 more woodworks.

What the bloody f can I do?
More than half of goals scored are from set-pieces.

I just want to f-ing see my players that have excellent stats not act like ******* in front of goal.

9 minutes ago, Gungner said:

I have no problem with the match engine... and 11-4-2 ffrom 17 matches aren't bad, right?

It's 23-4-3 total, but 90% of my games against teams that go very defensively (probably from 8th position and lower) are incredibly frustrating and I barely win by 1 goal even though it should be easy 3-4 win in almost every game.

fCruHXq.png

Posted this in official feedback thread.
No player that's playing in striker position has more than 11 non-penalty goals after 30 weeks. That's ridiculous. CR plays on the wing, btw. And has 6 penalty goals.
This ME simply doesn't allow strikers to get involved against very defensive teams and when they do, their chance conversion is awful.

Does going with 2 strikers work better in the ME? ie do strikers actually score? Thinking of starting an Entella save when I find an Serie D file for 19.3 (I will definitely do an Italian save, probably a team from Serie C, or maybe someone like Pescara or Spezia)

Team being this: with control mentality, probably slightly higher tempo, looking to use the link between Regista and WP as the focal point for starting attacks, with the option to play through the False Nine or to get the ball out wide to the Winger for a cross.
SK - S
FB - S / CD - D / BPD - D / WB - S
W - A / CM - S / RGA - S / WP - At
F9 - S / AF - A

Maybe having BBM instead of CM, and PF-A or CF-A instead of the AF. Got players already in the team who are at least competent in each role (personally I like to disable first window transfer activity, or I may even start in January).

Edited by TheDuck24

56 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

It's 23-4-3 total, but 90% of my games against teams that go very defensively (probably from 8th position and lower) are incredibly frustrating and I barely win by 1 goal even though it should be easy 3-4 win in almost every game.

fCruHXq.png

Posted this in official feedback thread.
No player that's playing in striker position has more than 11 non-penalty goals after 30 weeks. That's ridiculous. CR plays on the wing, btw. And has 6 penalty goals.
This ME simply doesn't allow strikers to get involved against very defensive teams and when they do, their chance conversion is awful.

That's simply just not true. Balotelli became the Ligue 1 topscorer for me in my Marseille save (28 goals in 35 games), and atm. Teemu Puuki is the EFL Championship goalscorer for me with Norwich (9 goals from 9 games). 

2 hours ago, Gungner said:

That's simply just not true. Balotelli became the Ligue 1 topscorer for me in my Marseille save (28 goals in 35 games), and atm. Teemu Puuki is the EFL Championship goalscorer for me with Norwich (9 goals from 9 games). 

Try playing Serie A.
Just finished the second season, won the CL and I'm upsest because ME is a joke.
1GWd96M.png
Look at that.
Ronaldo played as AML, btw.
Not a single striker cracked 15 goals in the league. A joke.

Uh12Eti.png
My team and stats. Wingers and Škriniar in double digits. Again, a joke.

5E2IzFT.png

Full season results. Look at that. Bloody struggle every single game and nearly bottled the league.
Most of my goals came from set pieces or shots outside of the box. They just sit at 25-30m away from the goal and you can't do anything. Then score screamers in typical FM fashion.
On the other side I easily dispatched Arsenal, Atletico and City away. Counter-attack -> ball to the wing, easy. Or corners. Scored 3 in 4 shots in the final. Ridiculous.

1pe2zX4.png

Just look at the number of goals scored. Extremely low for top table teams.

Edited by GunmaN1905

@GunmaN1905 you remember how in CM4 and the one with the Diablo tactic you could have Cherno Samba score 6-7 and your other forward the same amount in just one game? I think what happened to the engine most of all is that they limited the number of goals one could score altogether - hence why the AI can never match RL Ronaldo and Messi.

It's obvious to me, as I have many games in which I take a 3-4-5 goal lead in the first half and then stop scoring at all in the 2nd - or the AI generates missed penalties and disallowed goals. Sure, one can always replicate the 8:2 Man Utd win over Arsenal once in a blue moon, but most of the times you'll have "regular" results with about 2-3 goals in them. 

Then again, you will have to remember that this is a game and it has been running competitionless for over a decade (only part I miss from EA's spawn was making academies around the world!) 

No matter how much they tweak the engine, it's still going to be limited by the rules and codes in the coding. Taking all that into account, it's still the most amazing game to play :D