Trying to play like Betis?

I built this 3-5-2 which I think accurately sums up how they played against Barcelona in their 4-3 win. However, I can barely create any chances. I usually get about 60% possession which is good but my front 3 are always pushed up against the opposition defence, not moving around and making space. 

The ball pretty much is passed between the RPM and BBM with occasional switches to the CWBs resulting in blocked crosses. 

BETIS.PNG

Attack.PNG

There's currently 3 other treads active which are talking about possession football, have a look at them and try get some ideas? I along with many others are having zero success with possession football and breaking down teams so hopefully somebody with some insight can help us all :D

5 hours ago, vanWolfstwinkle said:

I built this 3-5-2 which I think accurately sums up how they played against Barcelona in their 4-3 win. However, I can barely create any chances. I usually get about 60% possession which is good but my front 3 are always pushed up against the opposition defence, not moving around and making space. 

The ball pretty much is passed between the RPM and BBM with occasional switches to the CWBs resulting in blocked crosses.

From what I see, you are trying to recreate Betis' tactic against Barca with Watford, and you are surprised it does not work as you expected. Neither are Betis and Watford similar sides, nor is Watford likely to face a team playing like Barca (unless they qualify for the ECL), which means that even if your replication of the tactic was entirely accurate (which I strongly doubt looking at your screenshot), it is highly unlikely to work the way it did in the real-life game between Betis and Barca this weekend.

Archived