New Game - Will Staff Starting Ratings Be the Same?

Question - if I start a new game - since I've still only gotten to the point where I made staff offers and set up training, and haven't advanced - so that I can get the Greek and Norway league fixes with 19.1.3 etc - will staff all have the same ratings? I wasn't sure if some of that is randomized.

I have made offers to 33 staff members. It would take a little time, but be pretty brainless and easy to just go make those offers again in a new game. But if I have to research staff members and find good staff all over again, that would be a royal pain in the arse.

I am a lunatic who plays with every possible league in the game active, 216,000 players etc. So it will take some time to start over. Figured I'd ask here first. Thanks!

Dang. It does appear that the staff ratings are somewhat random.

Dennis Bergkamp, for example. He's got 14 discipline in my first save, 11 in the re-save. His JPA, JPP, TKn are 13-11-11 and 12-11-11 in the different saves.

Galeano has the same ratings in both.

Robbie Stockdale - 10 Attacking, 12 tactical in one, 11/13 in another. 16 working with youngsters in one, 12 in another.

So to restart, it looks like I will have to re-research all of the staff. Bummer. 

I gotta admit, it does sound a little OTT if you want to recreate your original save attributes across a database of that size - who's to say the first ones were 'correct'?

Anyway, easiest way would be use the editor if it becomes a big deal, although a one-point change from 13 - 12 in JPA would have very little impact on the game overall. 

Up to you how you want to play it I guess but can see the annoyance.

Yeah, it's just the across the board having to go back through to find everything. I wasn't sure if the ratings were 'fixed' in the initial database or if they are 'generated' each time.

A point for JPA isn't a big deal for a coach. Losing 10-12 points off of motivating, determination, and/or discipline *is* a big deal.

It was interesting though, as a whole, my own starting staff got killed. I guess my first dice roll was better than the second. Chief Scout went from 19/19 to 17/17. My fitness coaches took a beating, etc.

But really it was more about the time to have to go back out and find new data analysts, sports scientists etc. It's not an issue, just a bunch of extra work.

Yeah, it's not quite *that* bad. Or maybe I should say the given range was kind of narrow between the two sims. But I am playing with a biggish club so that would make sense (more well researched staff). But things like Det/Mot/Dis had bigger variance than say fitness for the fitness coaches, etc. (of course very small sample size caveats apply).

Archived