Import Savegame in next Football Manager (we wan´t to buy it every year!)

o0Pascal0o

it woul be nice, for people who like to play a lot of seasons and or stay with one club to have the possibility to import the f.e. Foootball Manger 2020-Savegame in Football-Manager 2021. So the party could go on - with the newest features. So there have to be some inconsequences - but that´s o.k.:

-you keep your team and club, but all other clubs are in the leagues with other players(of the new database)

-but if you have bought L. Messi in your Team and import the savegame in the next gen of the game, you keep him. L. Messi will be removed from the actual Team from the next gen.

If there are new abilities - they are generated per chance for your players(or better orientated on the abilities-strengh of your players).

This woul be nice, if you wan´t to play on with your team but wan´t to have the new features. So me and my friend do this often - wan´t to play on. And so we have a reason more, to buy the new football-manager sooner / at all. And don´t skip a version.

It would surely be possible, if a pain in the backside, to port the data from one version to another with any additional fields randomised. Sure it wouldn't be perfect, but it would at least allow games to be continued across versions. Commercially speaking, it would also provide an incentive for players who play very long saves to purchase the new version each year.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Gangor:

It would surely be possible, if a pain in the backside, to port the data from one version to another with any additional fields randomised. Sure it wouldn't be perfect, but it would at least allow games to be continued across versions. Commercially speaking, it would also provide an incentive for players who play very long saves to purchase the new version each year.

That´s the way i thought.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb FrazT:

SI have regularly indicated that the technical difficulties in making this possible mean that it cannot be considered as a viable option at this time.

If they change just the backgroundscreen in 1 pixel from 2020-version to 2021, it´s easy to do that. o.k., they hopefully change more ^^. But i think the effort will pay off very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

There would be so many more people buying FM every year instead of every 2 or 3 years if this feature was to happen.

Is there no way in which FM could just export the database of a save game then import to the next version of FM. Surely this would be a lot easier than SI creating a cross compatible save game file?

Even minor changes (like VAR) require to start a new game, so importing savegame into new FM version is some kind of non-scientific fiction. :(

However. Why not drop the yearly release cycle and offer rolling updates + subscription fee? I agree to pay reasonably more if SI can keep savegame compatibility for years. (another fantasy idea, sadly)

Archived