Chief Scout Questions

I have asked this before, but I never got a straight answer. Does the Chief Scout matter more than any other scout? Assuming you are doing your own scouting meetings?

I know the Chief Scout can assign other scouts. But are any scouts better than others at this?

What ratings would impact this if so?

For example, would a scout with low Man Management send the rank and file scouts to places where they are less likely to find good players?

Do his ratings impact the "update you on the players your scouts have found" staff responsibility? For example, does he check the scout who scouted the player's report and adjust it up or down based on his own knowledge?

Does his man management, motivating or some other rating help to get the most out of the other scouts?

Or is it just a meaningless title and stick any scout in that role?

I've never seen these types of questions answered anywhere, it always seems like people are just guessing. Do we have any real information on this?

I generally go for the better scout, higher in JPA and JPP with Man Management as a secondary decider.

My thinking being that he is the one who 'filters' the reports, does the final scout etc. The man Management because I think it helps with organizing a team of others.

You are right though, I am working on guesswork as well.

Thanks Snorks. Yeah, I am in a similar boat.

@Seb Wassell any chance we could get some more solid information on which ratings are important for a chief scout and more importantly *why* they are important in terms of the direct game impact they have? Both if you set assignments yourself and if you leave things to the Chief Scout? That would be awesome if so. Thanks either way.

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Thanks Snorks. Yeah, I am in a similar boat.

@Seb Wassell any chance we could get some more solid information on which ratings are important for a chief scout and more importantly *why* they are important in terms of the direct game impact they have? Both if you set assignments yourself and if you leave things to the Chief Scout? That would be awesome if so. Thanks either way.

JPA, JPP, Adaptability and Determination as with any scout, plus Man Management.

On 16/11/2018 at 07:15, phnompenhandy said:

Is Adaptability relevant if he only scouts in your home country?

15 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

It's about his knowledge rather than your home country.

I think what @Seb Wassell was saying here is that it should be no problem when say, you're managing an English Championship club, then hire that particularly excellent Italian scout with poor Adaptability to let him scout for Serie B players back there in his home country, but he will be struggling a bit to scout players from the English Championship clubs here in your country.

Just trying to help clear that up :thup: 

2 minutes ago, bangkonggedek said:

I think what @Seb Wassell was saying here is that it should be no problem when say, you're managing an English Championship club, then hire that particularly excellent Italian scout with poor Adaptability to let him scout for Serie B players back there in his home country, but he will be struggling a bit to scout players from the English Championship clubs here in your country.

Just trying to help clear that up :thup: 

Yeah, that's clear. As a lower league manager who never gets that far up the pyramid, it's not something I ever need worry about!

Archived