[FM19] Kosovo's Rise

MarcxD

October 2036

pR2IZhd.png

Building on.

cFhicmt.png

Disappointing to lose to Wolfsburg in the CL as they rival us for third spot. 

uVbDwoq.png

Still in it, but need to get a bit more consistent.

GORxLEL.png

Not great for the morale that we couldn't beat New Zealand, but the game against Germany was very close so not too upset with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 2036

DPC8FSI.png

An important win against Wolfsburg, but embarrassed by Manchester City. 

V2CXG6G.png

Hard to say much about our standing in the league as we have played so much fewer games than our competition. 

yquUQlj.png

National Team

wwlZC6v.png

3eNiNTk.png

Fantastic to get a win in the end over Germany, but it was already too late to stay up.

December 2036

AhHrA7V.png

Very strong month domestically, with a great away win over Ballkani! Poor finish to the CL group, though.

RUEUOjp.png

It came down to us having beaten Wolfsburg 2-0 while they beat us 2-1... But we go to the Europa League!

9C8f6kS.png

Not the easiest of draws.

OWzvxYJ.png

We caught up all our games, and thanks to the strong results we are in first! Very close though, with Ballkani and perhaps Feronikeli battling it out with us for the title.

WGlt8Tz.png

First time I win this award as manager of Besa. 16th in total.

03wwat2.png

The draw for the WCQ's has been kind to us, really we should finish first here.

EDIT -- Kosovo's best Elevens:

h0uR12k.png

NSOPWfo.png

January - February 2037 + Youth Intake

daixK5q.png

No incoming players, although I did agree a player to join us in the summer. I sold Szikes as he was a foreign player too much and his contract was ending at the end of the season anyway, so a good deal. Was definitely not planning on selling Hadroj, nevermind to Ballkani, but I thought this was just too high a sum to say no to.

uOHIxHU.png

Some friendlies arranged to get fit for the Schalke games, and we did very well there. Levante up next!

Surprising loss in the league, but came back with a strong win over Trepça.

kluDTad.png

Still in first, as Ballkani and Feronikeli both dropped points too. 

kZixIjG.png

Trash youth intake, sadly.

March 2037

IHpmxqZ.png

Ah, going out on away goals... sucks. Fantastic win over Ballkani in the cup, though.

EcukpOT.png

Still so very close.

National Team

s1igYvC.png

Easy games to start out with, but we did what we had to do.

qRjEbeO.png

Northern Irish kept Russia to a draw, could be useful!

I have just read through this post and I have to say that you have done an incredible work with especially Balkani and Kosovo NT!

Just one question. He might be deleted by now but can you show Arber Zeneli's stats? He's a Kosovan/Swedish player that originally comes from my club IF Elfsborg and is one of the best players from Kosovo in real life.

9 minutes ago, Johan99 said:

I have just read through this post and I have to say that you have done an incredible work with especially Balkani and Kosovo NT!

Just one question. He might be deleted by now but can you show Arber Zeneli's stats? He's a Kosovan/Swedish player that originally comes from my club IF Elfsborg and is one of the best players from Kosovo in real life.

Thank you.

I know him as he plays in my country for Heerenveen IRL.

He is retired now, so I can't see his player attributes. But he has become a manager.

Wu0yPJn.png

OeEje9U.png

April 2037

OyGcH71.png

Made it to the final of the cup, and while we lost some points in the league we also got some great important wins including another one over Ballkani.

tvKqwV8.png

It's really going down to the last game!

yNsUm5P.png

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

I thought you've been as Besa for ages and it turns out it's only been two seasons. :lol: Congratulations on the title!

Probably because it took me more than a month of IRL time :D Thank you!

9 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Very refreshing to have seen you in a close title fight this season, that was hardly ever the case at Ballkani. Great work you've done with Besa so far!

Definitely true! That was the case with Ballkani for the first season, but of course we could just go on from there and the other teams couldn't. Very different from now, as Ballkani still has a big lead on Besa with money and reputation, and other teams getting money from the tv deals etc. Hopefully more exciting seasons to come.

Cheers!

Pre-Season + August 2037

Xp6Xz3f.png

WPHoTsX.png

79et9Bp.png

A busy transfer window with some relatively expensive transfers, partly forced by Hajdini and Gasic having their limited fees paid. 

Nemeth is a new first team striker, rated with big potential as well. Méndez is a new starting left-back, while Gashi and Arapi are non-foreign players to bolster the squad and Asprilla is a direct replacement for Gasic as a foreign central defender.

D0IOvzA.png

Although, to be fair, my spending was absolutely dwarfed by Ballkani's......

b0D0Ry1.png

Pre-season went well, with two friendlies against Ballkani... won the supercup, and a strong start to the league.

U9RvcTl.png

No goals conceded yet, but Ballkani has done that as well with one game less. Feronikeli too, I suppose, but they haven't scored either. 4 0-0's...

sBQtFmY.png

:seagull:

September 2037

september.png

Great month with not conceding a single goal in both league and two CL games! Great start to the group.

september-league-table.png

Insane start to the season so far, wonder how long this will last.

National Team

september-kosovo.png

Continuing to do well in the qualifiers.

september-kosovo-group.png

November 2037

november.png

Two more defeats in the CL and it's going to be very tough to even make third place now... need to win the last game. Our first loss in the league as well, against Ballkani.

november-league-table.png

Still a lead, but can't be dropping much more points.

National Team

november-kosovo.png

Last minute goal gave the Russians the win against us, but the final home victory secured us the group win and qualification anyway.

november-kosovo-gropu.png

December 2037

december.png

I said we shouldn't be losing any more points... not helped by a big amount of injuries, but poor.

december-cl-group.png

European season over..

december-league-table.png

And yeah, not even in first anymore. Need to get straight back in to winning games in february.

december-facilities.png

december-facilities-2.png

Progress for the club continuing on, though.

december-moty.png

National Team

2037-kosovo-best-eleven.png

2037-kosovo-best-eleven-overall.png

december-world-cup-draw.png

World Cup draw, seems kind to us.

On 02/02/2019 at 22:55, john1 said:

To pick up 4 points in a group with them, is fantastic. I am sure you will reclaim top spot soon :D

That's a good positive way to look at it :D Thanks!

On 03/02/2019 at 08:09, Dexter_Morgan said:

Just caught up with this. Fantatic career so farboth at club and international level.

Awesome, thanks for reading. Cheers!

January - February 2038

january-incoming.png

I signed two players - I bought back Hadroj (whom I had sold to Ballkani for 9.5M) and signed Ajazi, as I needed a new non-foreign AMR (he is Swedish-Albanian, good enough).

january-departure.png

I needed a new AMR as Dingozi has left us for Besiktas. Decided to cash in as he only had six months remaining.

january-february.png

Two friendlies to get ready, who knows we might have lost the cup game otherwise. 

february-league-table.png

Need to watch out for them as well. 

stadium.png

Also just glanced at this, not a bad name for a stadium, huh... 

March 2038 + Youth Intake

march.png

Overall a good month, keeping the pressure on.

march-league-table.png

We will be facing Ballkani at home next month, a hugely important game for the title.

march-youth-intake.png

Better than previously but still not great and the two best prospects (CA/PA combination) have poor personalities and determination.

march-hoyd.png

Perhaps time to look at a different HoYD...

National Team

march-kosovo.png

Fantastic result against Brazil, but it says a lot about our team that we almost lost to Georgia afterwards. Not consistent enough yet.

April 2038

april.png

We did beat Ballkani! Also made it to the cup final.

april-league-table.png

We have the very slight advantage with a better goal difference, but we need to make sure to win all four remaining games. Or we need to get lucky...

May 2038

may.png

may-league-table.png

We couldn't do it. Very poor start to the month which gave Ballkani the chance to take over and they didn't stop. They won every game, including the cup final against us. No trophies this year - except for the supercup at the start.

But now time to get ready for the world cup.

World Cup Preparation

world-cup-squad.png

The squad has not changed dramatically since the European championships two years ago, just a few fresh faces. Denis Hoxha is likely going to be the only starter out of them, though, on the AML position. 

world-cup-friendlies.png

Not a great feeling to go into the world cup, we had most of the possession and chances but poor finishing. One of the main issues still lingers, which is that while we have decent strikers none of them have ever outshined each other. Fuga might be the best but he plays as an AMR.

World Cup Group Phase

world-cup-1.png

Not the most impressive performance ever, but we got the all-important win which pretty much already secures us going through to the second round.

world-cup-2.png

Very poor to not win here, but it will be enough. 

world-cup-groups-1.png

world-cup-groups-2.png

world-cup-groups-3.png

world-cup-groups-4.png

Except from a poor Dutch performance and perhaps Guinea-Bissau going further ahead of Australia most groups seem to have worked out like you would expect.

World Cup Third Round

world-cup-4.png

Dominant but lack of goals keeps being a problem.  

Still, though, getting to the quarter-finals is a success. Kind of interesting that we have not faced any European or South American sides yet.

world-cup-third-round.png

Hosts Argentina humiliated.

20 Year Game World Update

20-year-game-world-update.png

Three different English CL winners in a row, and a remarkable Croatian winner of the Europa League in Rijeka. You wouldn't expect other English teams to win the CL when you look at the domestic dominance of Manchester City, who have been even more dominant than Bayern in Germany in recent years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2019 at 11:53, Saintmat said:

Jeez what a dreadful World Cup, not with regards to your performance but two semi-final 0-0s and a 1-0 in the final!

Huge achievement getting Kosovo to the Quarters though - should be proud.

Cheers! I noticed that too, one can only hope that the 48-team world cups in real life won't end up like that.

Pre-Season & August 2038

7pfsu6c.png

vEjs0Nj.png

1lncOgX.png

A busy transfer summer, as I bought three players from our rivals Ballkani. They are all non-foreign players I can use as back-ups or rotational options, as I felt we really lacked some decent second choice players last season. Any injury waves should be less of an issue. Hoxha from Dinamo is another non-foreign player. Ragab is a very talented Egyptian central defender. Outgoing I decided to let go Adebayo to Ballkani as I was able to sign Denis Hoxha from them for less money - he's better and much younger. Méndez was moaning for the entire transfer period that he wanted to leave, and while I really did not want to sell him I just thought the offer from Monaco was too good to refuse. 

VWRxVWd.png

We performed really well in the CL qualifiers and made it to the groups again. Not amazing in the league though. Should be scoring more.

fUTMNvo.png

6d2Xnx5.png

Reached the 1K games! Huge milestone, which I very rarely reach in my careers.

h5WsK56.png

Once again we have not been dealt a great hand in the draw... hoping to get third place, but it will be very tough.

• 4 weeks later...

October 2038

821JLcs.png

Doing very well in the league still, but we really needed a better result against Marseille.

SLLiSEM.png

National Team

xZhrubB.png

Disappointing to lose against Norway, a bit against play. Need to get a result against Ireland in the last match.

January - May 2039

xlxtUFi.png

Three departures, two back-up players and first choice striker Nemeth, whose limited fee was paid by Liverpool.

I1mDuXR.png

He was replaced as I definitely needed another striker and had the option for a new foreign spot.

zcjhSBo.png

We did very well in the league for the second part of the season, not losing any matches - an unbeaten season. Disappointing to lose the cup final though.

mTIrPz4.png

7IMPYrC.png

National Team

jnGHqwE.png

A poor start to the qualifiers, as we lost to our Albanian neighbours...

Season Review 2038-2039 + Save Update

vkklAUb.png

Very convincing domestically, even though we weren't able to get the cup. 

LekU3UO.png

DT0Nxj0.png

fc0FCHp.png

I decided to leave Besa, for two reasons - there's not much more to achieve and after playing through almost twenty seasons of the Kosovar league it's not something I'm really looking forward to do again.

The save is not completely over, though, as I want to continue with the national team for at least a few more years. 

Hopefully I've done enough for Kosovar football and Ballkani and Besa in particular so that the AI can keep up my legacy and do enough in Europe and develop players.

Ed2jLXZ.png

20 hours ago, MarcxD said:

Season Review 2038-2039 + Save Update

vkklAUb.png

Very convincing domestically, even though we weren't able to get the cup. 

LekU3UO.png

DT0Nxj0.png

fc0FCHp.png

I decided to leave Besa, for two reasons - there's not much more to achieve and after playing through almost twenty seasons of the Kosovar league it's not something I'm really looking forward to do again.

The save is not completely over, though, as I want to continue with the national team for at least a few more years. 

Hopefully I've done enough for Kosovar football and Ballkani and Besa in particular so that the AI can keep up my legacy and do enough in Europe and develop players.

Ed2jLXZ.png

Regardless of what happens with this save from now on, this has been a fantastic career and a great read.

Archived