Danish Superliga Play-offs Broken?

Hi all,

So I'm doing a career in fm 18 right now and I joined Brondby in the second half of the season, 7 games before the end of the "opening phase". I managed to climb a few spots, but I still ended up in a relegation group. I played the six games in there and easily finished 1st, as you can see below.

Click image for larger version  Name: 1.PNG Views: 0 Size: 50.3 KB ID: 1185892

What happened next, is that the top 2 of each group go into a set of play-offs for the last European ticket, while the bottom 2 play relegation play-offs. However, suddenly I get the message that it's the end of my season and my players go on holiday. The following happened:

PLAY OFF ROUND 1
Click image for larger version  Name: 2.PNG Views: 0 Size: 10.5 KB ID: 1185893
Sonderjyske and Vejle played each other in the first round. Sonderjyske won, so they advanced to the second round.

PLAY OFF ROUND 2
Click image for larger version  Name: 3.PNG Views: 0 Size: 10.1 KB ID: 1185894
Sonderjyske (who came in 2nd in my group), plays Nordsjaelland, who ended first in theirs. Nordsjaelland wins and advances to the next round. However, I am not in any of these play offs, and I have no idea why. To me it seems like a bug, 2 teams who finish below me (Vejle and Sonderjyske) do get a shot at a European ticket, as well as the other group winner (Nordsjaelland), while I am not in any of these play offs?

PLAY OFF ROUND 3
Click image for larger version  Name: 4.PNG Views: 0 Size: 9.2 KB ID: 1185895
Next up, Nordsjaelland is going to play AaB Aalborg, who ended 3rd in the Champions group. 

Key question: Why am I being left out of these play offs at all?!

Only logical explanation is that you won the cup?

" The top two teams from each group then enter a knockout tournament, with each match over two legs. If the Danish Cup winner is among the top two finishers in either playoff group, it is withdrawn from the knockout playoff and its opponent automatically advances to the tournament final. The winner of that tournament faces the third-place (or fourth-place) team from the championship playoff in a one-off match, with the winner entering the Europa League in the first qualifying round. "

Nope, I haven't won the cup as they were already kicked out when I joined them. As far as I understand, I think it works as follows in real life: the winner of each group (1A and 1B) play the second of the other group. So A1 - B2 and B1 - A2. Then, the winner of each match plays each other. Lastly, the winner of that match plays a team from the Champions group (I think usually the team that ended 3rd? Not sure, but not really relevant to the current discussion).

In other words, still a mystery

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Musclement said:

Hi all,

So I'm doing a career in fm 18 right now and I joined Brondby in the second half of the season, 7 games before the end of the "opening phase". I managed to climb a few spots, but I still ended up in a relegation group. I played the six games in there and easily finished 1st, as you can see below.

Click image for larger version  Name: 1.PNG Views: 0 Size: 50.3 KB ID: 1185892

What happened next, is that the top 2 of each group go into a set of play-offs for the last European ticket, while the bottom 2 play relegation play-offs. However, suddenly I get the message that it's the end of my season and my players go on holiday. The following happened:

PLAY OFF ROUND 1
Click image for larger version  Name: 2.PNG Views: 0 Size: 10.5 KB ID: 1185893
Sonderjyske and Vejle played each other in the first round. Sonderjyske won, so they advanced to the second round.

PLAY OFF ROUND 2
Click image for larger version  Name: 3.PNG Views: 0 Size: 10.1 KB ID: 1185894
Sonderjyske (who came in 2nd in my group), plays Nordsjaelland, who ended first in theirs. Nordsjaelland wins and advances to the next round. However, I am not in any of these play offs, and I have no idea why. To me it seems like a bug, 2 teams who finish below me (Vejle and Sonderjyske) do get a shot at a European ticket, as well as the other group winner (Nordsjaelland), while I am not in any of these play offs?

PLAY OFF ROUND 3
Click image for larger version  Name: 4.PNG Views: 0 Size: 9.2 KB ID: 1185895
Next up, Nordsjaelland is going to play AaB Aalborg, who ended 3rd in the Champions group. 

Key question: Why am I being left out of these play offs at all?!

Hi, this is very unusual and something I haven't seen before. Do you have a save game from before the relegation group stage finished? If so could you upload to our cloud service please? Thanks

4 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this is very unusual and something I haven't seen before. Do you have a save game from before the relegation group stage finished? If so could you upload to our cloud service please? Thanks

Unfortunately not. The earliest save I have is after the relegation group stage is done, but before the first round play off game is played (so in this case that is Vejle - Sonderjyske).

Archived