Scott Houston Released

Steven Thompson Released

Andy Arbuckle Released

Marc Corcoran Released

Paul Dunn Released

Nicki Paterson Released

Craig Murphy Released

Season 2004/2005 Hamilton

After a so near but not near enough effort last season from The Accies things havent changed much, a lot of the youth team have departed as Watson did not renew there contracts and a few more new players have been signed. The hope for the team this season is promotion, anything less would see the fans turn their backs on them.

The season warm up got off to a good start in front of a capacity crowd as The Accies yook on Dinamo Kiev. They manged to keep the Dinamo Kiev strikers at bay and only lost by one goal. There was another 5 friendly matches played to get the players up to full fitness and Accies won all of these matches so lets hope they can continue this good play into the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dukebox:

£1 brazils to win league

£1 brazils to win challenge cup

£1 brazils to win league cup

£1 brazils to Scottish cup

£1 to win all trophy's

=£5<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ur now the SONS gaffer So blue brazil bets are void.

Ill gee ya 10/1 to in div 2 and 80/1 to win a major cup if u want icon_confused.gif

ClanHeader.jpg

PRESEASON IS OVER!! only just, thats was hardwork lads was it not! Some of the Clan guys are gonna have to shape up, im not very impressed. Slow and selfish played dogged the session so here a few pointers for the benifit of the noobs who play like schoolies in our netgame.

1) Get on early if u wanna make offers, ther is adequate T & T time allocated at the start and end of sessions for u to make bids etc. Coming on late and selfishly making bids while the other have doen so earlier and waiting for their new to generate will not be tolertaed. Silly bids often perpetuate and panick other foolish human gaffers into bidding. If u make a bid make it yer best then u wont have any regrets should u fail!

2) Try and keep bids realistic, 2 many silly bid's are made for players , ie where compensation is due. If a large clubs bids for a player then accept u cannot get him and move on. You have to know your limitations and play smarter.

3) Some of u guys need to seriously edit ur shortlists down, the news generated is horrific. Take off players, for at the start are now unrealistic targets and try and manage ur shortlist better with regard to the future and not the past.

4) Search smarter. we are playing LDB so regens are always gonne be a factor. If u know yer scots leagues they usually appear at the budget day about 20th JUNE. the exact day we stopped on mondays session. To find youngsters view by age and click expired also. It was amazing tonight the amount of clueless noobs who panicked when soem of the more experienced players started signing regens. While they hade made loads of offers early on in the allocated T & T at the start they panicked looking for youths which held the game up considerably. By that time it was too late anyway.

5) Make sure ur holiday settings are correct. All ur key players should be on reject all offers or an accepted amount that ur ass man knows to sell at. Tie up all key staff 2 as the AI often pinches yer Assman or coaches while on Hols. Make sure when u set ur hols u have the correct boxes ticked. Apply for jobs and sign/not sign players etc. Anyone who does not do this only has themselves to blame. When the game chugs on holiday mode some things do come up and u miss like the AI signing a target or u missing out on a job. Thats just ur luck i'm afraid and its the same for everyone.

Finally playing with 16 players is gonna be slow. I knew it was ambitious and gonna be frustrating esp in preseason etc. All i ask is for some of the above points to be adhered to and for all respective Clan gaffers to play smart and not be selfish. If u hit the cont then do a task then thats all u can do. If u dont have time try and do it the next time. The last point is after games hit cont immediately dont go into ur club and start goofing about, After every game its the same people i have to force quit, and tbh i canny be arsed anymore. I actually spent more time dealing with the status screen tonight than looking for players. thats why i only signed Matt Elliot lol after the july 1st watershed! Anyway get on early on monday if u wanna get more T&T done as season 2 is upon us. We did well getting through it tonight , and i'm sure it will be a better gaming experience on monday.

Rosco icon_smile.gif

Guest sav112

After a hard pre-season it will be good to get back to playing competitive games. Manager Robertson was not very active in the transfer front with the cash available and not wanting to tie down his wage budget with anyone else as the club spirals into debt. Our Pre-season tour in England went well and the lads got some good match practice in. The squad is basically the same and the manager is happy he can bring them through to this higher divisional level. Three players were brought in the window and more news will follow.

The aim this season is stabilization in the 2nd and hopefully to counter the club debt. Only when the financial side is better can we invest in the team and blend new player in. Going out and bringing even youngsters on freedom of contract would at this stage be too costly and the long term view of the club has to be taken.

St.Mirren A (cup) 0-2

After loosing in a pre-season friendly to St Mirren just a few weeks back it was great to see a hard fighting gutsy effort from the team to take or first win of the season. A goal from Elliot and Pretswell gave us the perfect start. Man of the match Mclean looked back to his best and let’s hope he can keep it up at this higher level.

Manager Robertson had this to say to the fans

“Obviously this is a great start and one we hope to build on, I know the fans were hoping for more movement in the transfer window but that’s not possible just now. We have a healthy youth development and reserve team to call on and I would like nothing better to bring through some of the younger lads, just look at some of the young starts of last term Stewart Devine, David Pretswell, Dougie Wilson and the outstanding David O’Brian which were all under 20 years old and formed the back bone to the first team. The fans should be proud as I am at the youth policy of the club, if they are good enough they are in and it’s that simple.

Thank youâ€

Binos Banter

After being on the wrath of the turpster on the IRC, for time wasting i.e. -waiting on hols for most of the night and talking to Ghod & Bod as everyone battled for their share of frees and not getting to the continue button within one 20 second period after it flashed to the next period when it was on waiting and I did not notice it and one which was the time it took me to move my mouse to the continue button can only mean the stress was obviously getting to the poor sole with the start of the season, the transfer window and trying to get pre season and the cup game out the way. icon_biggrin.gif

To everyone I held up for that max 3 minutes of the four hours I apologise icon_frown.gif, having only made 7 bids for players and a few loans near the end I try my best to continue ASAP, in fact I do most of any work under the waiting status which we all know is hard or when other human games are playing and I’m not playing. Also I apologise for making that loan offer Ross took offence too I did not realise you had a strict criteria off 100% wages and that can’t play tick… icon_frown.gif..With regards to my short list it was actually getting smaller over the session icon14.gifas I must have set it up for keeping track for a certain time scale as most of my news was “your assistant has removed this player from you list†but I’ll have a look on Monday as I will emit at one stage I had 96 news waiting after being on hols for a while to July the 1st.

After all we would all like to see the 30+ youngsters some of you have brought in maturing, bring on 2010

icon_biggrin.gif

Stranraer Football Club

1 year on from Gaffer Idol Chris Nicol winning the Stranraer job and you would think he had been a proffesional gaffer for years. The stunningly handsome 19 year old took Stranraer straight to the top of the table in the first quarter of the season, which is where they looked like staying. Had it not been for a tremendous challenge from Alex Holligan's Montrose side Stranny may very well have been able to tie the league up at the half way point. However as injuries crept in and Nicol's college course and eagerness to get tickets to the League Cup Final saw cracks creep into the small squad. First Montrose built up a lead at the top of the division and then Stirling Albion came from as if nowhere to romp into 2nd and eventually take the title away from Trose.

" Once we lost the top spot in the league the players seemed to lose their belief, unfortunately I wasn't able to motivate them enough to get back up the table and when we went 1 down in any game there didn't seem like any turning back"

This quote from Nicol sums up the latter stages of the season as Stranny simply didn't have any bite to them at all.

However despite the board wanting the title and at least promotion they have clearly been impressed by Nicol's ability and have decided to offer him a longer deal to stay with the club as they realise they are sitting on a young manager with a great deal of potential. The fans made it clear to the board that they were 100% behind Nicol and that although they didn't get promoted they were delighted to witness some of the best football Stranraer FC have ever played.

With this strong backing from both fans and board Nicol admitted his drive and determination to take Stranny to the title has doubled. He immediately looked to strengthen the side not just in the short term but in the long term too with some shrewd signing in the youth market. Many of the younger players are expected to break through into the first team at some point this season. Nicol made it clear that in order to get the best out of the kids you need to have strong, reliable and experienced players in the team for them to learn of. Eddie Forrest, Willie Howie and Russell Latapy all definitly fall into this category and are certain to prove as strong a backbone of a team as any in the division. No strikers have been added to the first team as Nicol was clearly delighted to have been able to hold on to Alex Lurinsky and Steven Slade for another season despite a lot of interest.

Surely this is going to be Stranny's year, isn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

_ Binos Banter_

After being on the wrath of the turpster on the IRC, for time wasting i.e. -waiting on hols for most of the night and talking to Ghod & Bod as everyone battled for their share of frees and not getting to the continue button within one 20 second period after it flashed to the next period when it was on waiting and I did not notice it and one which was the time it took me to move my mouse to the continue button can only mean the stress was obviously getting to the poor sole with the start of the season, the transfer window and trying to get pre season and the cup game out the way. icon_biggrin.gif

To everyone I held up for that max 3 minutes of the four hours I apologise icon_frown.gif, having only made 7 bids for players and a few loans near the end I try my best to continue ASAP, in fact I do most of any work under the waiting status which we all know is hard or when other human games are playing and I’m not playing. Also I apologise for making that loan offer Ross took offence too I did not realise you had a strict criteria off 100% wages and that can’t play tick… icon_frown.gif..With regards to my short list it was actually getting smaller over the session icon14.gifas I must have set it up for keeping track for a certain time scale as most of my news was “your assistant has removed this player from you list†but I’ll have a look on Monday as I will emit at one stage I had 96 news waiting after being on hols for a while to July the 1st.

After all we would all like to see the 30+ youngsters some of you have brought in maturing, bring on 2010

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol theres no hard feelings Sav u are just 1 of the players who continually slow the game game, you just need to play smarter. Hopefully you are learning and can get up to speed. You dont need to set yer hols the only thing u need to do is click that button its that simple. click then do a task and u wont be last. I watch the status screen at every chug and i know who the main culprits are, so dont give us this 3 minutes bullsh¡t. You Have lots of time to get players there are loads, last nights sess was virtually a large T&Tsession 3 hours long and still u never had enought time u claimed, dont panic captain mannering and take things personal coz i dont over a computer game. the fact that u made a desirery time wasting offer after i had just stated not to bother in mirc (have u Cm is window mode?) only confirms u never listen and just do yer own thing. There are a few other selfish players like that, its a team game with 16 players u need to think about cont...thats all!!!. Anyway good luck with the Binos and well done on the good start cya on monday icon_smile.gif

arbroath.jpg

The preseason was spent working on two major areas of the team. First of all, I tried to reduce the heavy wage budget, and had succeeded in doing so, only for the damn board to reduce it even further. It's still an area of great concern, even more so after signing a fair few players over the summer, but I'll keep working on it and trying to reduce it as much as possible.

Financially, the club is struggling, and being just about £200k in debt, the board decided not to allow me any transfer funds at all for this season, which was nice of them, and commented that I could mibbe use this opportunity to give youth a chance. So I took them at their word, and during the summer, 33 new players arrived at the club, 95% of which are under 18. Some of these players will spend the season in the under 19 squad, but such is the plight of the club that the better ones go straight into the first team squad.

It is therefore a very young Arbroath side this season, with only a couple of seasoned professionals to guide the kids through what is bound to be a rough ride ahead. Pre season though, signs were encouraging. Despite defeats to Raith Rovers and Forfar, we went on a tour of Northern Ireland, and returned home unbeaten, and we hammered Motherwell 4-0. Of course pre season's mean nothing in reality, and only once the real thing gets underway will be able to see who is going to fit in and who isn't.

The first competitve match found us away to last seasons Scottish Cup semi finalists Albion Rovers, and after falling behind, we hit back to level before halftime. Albion were unlucky in the second half, when a glorious opportunity came back off the post, and then just seconds later we won a penalty, which was converted, and also the match. A decent enough performance from us, but with Falkirk away in the next round, and with Kilmarnock waiting in the League Cup, success for the Arbroath few isn't waiting around the corner I fear.

Our target this season is to somehow push into the promotion race, but in all honesty, its hard to see how we can achieve that. One or two of the youngsters I've brought in look to be really good players, but we still lack a decent keeper, and you also have to worry about the consistancy of these kids. Still, we'll give it a go and see what happens, its not as if there's anthing much to lose really!

CLAN BOOKIES ODDS FOR SEASON 2 NOW AVAILABLE (market Latest- Book Closes at 8pm on Monday!!) !

DIVISION 1 ( to win)

BOD (Partick Thsitle) EVS

ALLY ( Falkirk) 2/1

TURPS ( Forfar) 5/1

DEANO ( Stenny) 50/1

DIVISION 2 ( to win)

DOGS (Montrose) Evs

TRACY (Hamilton) 4/1

PM7 (Arbroath) 8/1

JEFF (Dumbarton) 10/1

SAV ( Stirling) 16/1

DIVISION 3 ( to win)

GAZll (Gretna) 2/1

CHRIS ( Stranraer) 3/1

IAINTKD (Berwick) 4/1

GHOD (Peterhead) 7/1

COISTY (Albion) 13/1

TAM (East Stirling) 15/1

SY (Queens Park) 16/1

*All bets are on clubs to win respective divisions regardless if gaffers move*

CLAN BOOKIES ODDS TO WIN SCOTTISH or LEAGUE CUP! (market latest!!)

BOD (Partick Thsitle) 5/1

ALLY ( Falkirk) 5/1

TURPS ( Forfar) 8/1

DOGS (Montrose) 9/1

DEANO (Stenny) 40/1

TRACY (Hamilton) 50/1

PM7 (Arbroath) 75/1

SAV ( Stirling) 80/1

JEFF (Dumbarton) 80/1

GAZll (Gretna) 100/1

CHRIS ( Stranraer) 100/1

IAINTKD (Berwick) 150/1

GHOD (Peterhead) 250/1

COISTY (Albion) 600/1

SY (Queens Park) 800/1

TAM (East Stirling) 1000/1

*All bets are on clubs to win Scottish or League Cup (not both) regardless if gaffers move on*

ALL CHALLENGE CUP BETS HAVE CLOSED

TurpsLogo.jpg

THE FORFAR FUTURE IS YOUTH!

Season 2 is now upon us and despite the lack of 1st team signings compared to others in the division, a pletheral of young talented youth players were promptly signed. The club who before had no U19 team and very few reserve players can now look forward to the future with confidence. With finances so tight and the chance of signing any quality free transfers non existant in the current market, boss Turps has decided to rear his own. Some 30 promising and talented youngsters joined the club, mostly regens who were generated in the preseason. Some of the kids look very good indeed and are set to push for 1st action immedialtely. the others will be groomed and some will be freed no doubt when the time comes.

Other faces to join were Mark Robertson and Neil Jablonski who agree pre contract deals last season from Dundee. Leicster's Matt Elliot decided to join as Assistant manager to help Ray Clamance and Joe McLaughlan with training. The other only real quality signing was young finnish winger Jussi-Pekka Savolainen a player boss Turps new well and was pleased to work with. nearly £100k of players went out the door, either they were deemed not good enough or surpluss to requirements. financially the club is ok and showing a descent balance. The Board expect the club to battle bravely against relegation. gaffer Turps has other ideas and is sure he will push the glory boys Falkirk and Partick hard in this season. lets hope the lack of 1st team transfer activity has a settling effect and that we can get off to a flyer.

BLACK HOLE DISCOVERED OVER FALKIRK

NASA boffins were amazed to uncover a previously unknown Black Hole over the Scottish town of Falkirk.

Satellite imaging has helped to pin point its location over the Falkirk football stadium. Even more unusual is the matter that is being sucked in by its gravitational pull. It seems that footballing superstars from as far afield as South America are being drawn towards Falkirk, caught in a vacume effect.

A NASA spokesperson was unable to explain the annomaly, but laughed at the suggestion of one reporter that Falkirk's ability to offer £3,000pw in wages had anything to do with it.

Keep watching the skies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

Roonies moonie

And how are my odds in the clan so low when I beat 2 SPL sides to get to the Scottish cup semi final last season??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL 600/1 is not low. Ur widely regard is the biggest clown playing champo north of the border why not stick some wonga down and put it where ur large ugly mouth is icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

Roonies moonie

And how are my odds in the clan so low when I beat 2 SPL sides to get to the Scottish cup semi final last season??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL 600/1 is not low. Ur widely regard is the biggest clown playing champo north of the border why not stick some wonga down and put it where ur large ugly mouth is icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Roonie and his salesmanship.

I already put my hard earned, student loan £7 down.

berwick.jpg

The Loniest man in Berwick

Stewart cuts a lonely figure in Berwick these days, his team, destroyed, relegated into the Scottish 3rd Division, some 20 points or so off survival. Putting it plainly, he was awfull, nieve and lazy.

His 1st season in the scots caught him by surprise, the ferocity of transfer activty left him at the starting grid, Ally Shaw's shortlist left he looking for the panic button, but not quick enough, panic set it but only left the team playing like school kids and relegation was the only outcome.

Berwick board have given him time to rebuild, stuck by him when other would have quite frankly shown him the door. so the rebuilding begins.

The shortlist was drawn up, but nothing still compared to the rest but stewart will do this his way, his defence has been changed and strength and experience brought in, players have been added across the board, from youth to 1st team, with no money to spend its bosman signings and youth that stewart has looked.

Transfers

Brown, Carlos Hamilton Free

Richardson, David Free Transfer

Scott, Symon Edinburgh City £0

Pearson, Chic Linlithgow Rose £0

Cairnie, Marc Edinburgh City £0

Smith, Mark Brora Rangers £0

McQuilter, Ronnie Stenhousemuir Free

Bunce, Nathan Stevenage Free

Poole, David Free Transfer

Davies, Chris Free Transfer

Robertson, Richard Free Transfer

Byrne, Luke Free Transfer

James, Philip Free Transfer

with a final few players answers in the post, more players maybe added to the squad but most will probably fill out the youth and reserver and give the team some back bone.

A new assitant manager has been apointed at the club to help out with the 1st team training.

Rosco Gambling ltd has Berwick at 4-1 to win the 3rd Division a good bet as the in game bookies place Berwick at evens.

1 game has been played, the 1st round of the league challenge cup,

Berwick 3 - 2 Gretna

Mcormick hatrick.

So a promising start from Berwick but a very very long way to go.....

SEASON 1 SUMMARY

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; It was the age of wisdom, it was the age of GPG & Downloaded tactics; It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of unbelievable results; It was the season of light, it was the season of darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of a 7-0 defeat by Albion Rovers; We had everything before us, We ended up with nothing behind us; We were going to heaven, we ended up in Peterhead"

A tale of a mixed 1st Champo Manager season. Sadly the brasso will not be required up at Balmoor. However the Peterhead fans were content with a 4 game whitewash of Elgin their local rivals...including a 7-2 trashing of their near rivals early in the season.

Early season promise gave way to mid season mediocrity. The turning point could be seen as the replayed League cup Q-F against Morton. Having despatchd their higher league opponents on Penalties...The game was replayed only to see Morton score in the last minute to equalise and go onto record a 5-2 win.

The season went downhill from there. Montrose defeated Peterhead 4-1 in the 3rd round of the Scottish cup. And a poor January saw to it that promotion would be beyond them.

With many players retiring or coming to the end of highly inflated contracts Ghod had to re-evaluate his whole team and made many signing over the summer months. However the non appearance of Regi Blinker was the strangest lue toon! There are many theories to why this occured....the most plausible being he was toked out of his nut in a turkish hash den when Ghod persuaded him to sign.....

So the 2nd season started in as had the 1st a Challenge cup tie versus Stranraer at home.

Having beat Stranraer at home on 2 previous occassions...Ghod felt optimistic but was surprised as Stranraer started with a very attacking formation. By the time Ghod had come to terms with this...Peterhead were 4 down.

A spirited 2nd half where Peterhead out shot their opponents wielded only 1 goal. A disappointing start. Ghod realiases this season he has to get his tactics right or follow Gaz as being a manager sacked.

Ghod however is well favoured by toon board and fans but will be looking to exceed their mid table aspirations. The financial position is precarious...no money for signings, deep in debt but under their wages budget. A few new youth players brought in who will be given their chance this season to try and give the toon a secure footing for the future.

Everyone have a great 2nd season....and C'Mon the Toon!

Oh and thanks to the few that have put money on me to win the league...now if you want to loan me a few good defenders...we can see what we can do bout that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ally_Shaw:

Apparently this black hole has also been found near Rosco's fridge, but only when Bod is visiting. icon_razz.gif

Just think, those chips could be on the other side of the galexy by now!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The Hitch-Hikers Guide to Falkirk" icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Please go and say something really bitchy sav, go on son you know you want to icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just want my Albion side don’t you? lol nah I’ll leave the bitchy comments as I’ve just seen Turps new keyboard it has a “SAV†key right next to that “Bod†key he loves so much

Nah I just bitch on the irc when I realise I should have made this season short list and uploaded it instead of trying in half an hour to quick search by name everybody and then try to get my team off pre-season and on to proper training and at the same time arrange a friendly tour down south. Thank god the three guys I signed this year were all done and dusted by the end of last season session.

Pre season always takes me by surprise, it’s not really the bidding of players more the trying to get the team set up for the new season. Bringing in quality coaches and working with the training and actually using my scout to scout our opposition in CM03/04 is a long way off what I was like with CM04.

Now were did I put that web page link?

The odds on East Stirling lifting the 3rd Div title are getting wider with every passing day and the only reason Queens park are at greater odds is because their boss is deffy a bendyboy...hence QUEEN'Spark...QUEENS@PARK.COM

I kid you not, innocent civilians reading this clan thread, if we have two minutes of banter on Mirc without boy/boy stuff its a miracle, I usually sit there tight lipped and erse even tighter.

Not that I hold anything against bendy types...well apart from that time in the carpark of the Balmoral but he was dressed as a woman, a simple mistake anyone could have made and I swear I never noticed the moustache even though it did give me a rash.(nice legs thou)

Im not betting on anyone for two simple reasons.

1) I hate them all

2) their all a bunch o fuks

3) Their all a bunch o fuks I hate

4) I hate fuks who bunch

East Stirling, for those unfamilure with Scottish Football, will always come a second best with anyone when it comes to attracting talented players to join the ranks, so the challenge is to mould what you have into a cohesive unit, recognise area's what have weakness ( most of Seas 1 without a left sided defender) and strenghten or compensate for those weakness's.

During the pre-season battle field, specific areas of team developement were targeted (we as a club and I as a manager are not influenced by high numbers on individual stats, these seem to be the rainbow's end for the majority of clan members I absolutely demand any signing target is able to contribute to the club system) and the 'Feeding frenzy' resembled a pack of wolves biting each other as they fought to reach the lamb, a mistake I consider by the host who ALERTED the members to the youngsters that were availiable, ( and he must accept and take responsibility for theOUTCOME rather than lambast and "blame" for what was slow advancement of preseason) within the handicap explained above, youth were the only option, not for EAST STIRLINGSHIRE signing for signing sake but specific strenghtening of area's of weakness.

The big mistake I made last season was not believing that my club could win and spent the first quarter of the season defensive, but they could and they did win, and win big, against the lge winners we won 2 drew 1 and lost 1.

against the 2nd promoted team we won 1 drew 2 and lost 1... from a possible 24pts we won 12pts and lost 6.. in eight games against the top two we lost only 2 won 3 and drew 3.

That first portion of the season cost us dear and its a mistake we are not prepared to make again.

The opening game of the new season for us was a lge challenge cup match against Div 1 opposition Clyde, the "big boy's" stole a late goal to deny us a replay but we had sustained pressure throughout the 90mins and for want of those missed chances from players not yet match fit the 1-2 scoreline could and should have read more in our favour.

The 'Shire' begin their offensive in earnest this season, do not underestimate them...you have been warned.

Guest sav112

John that’s great, you lucky jammy tic fan. I’m getting a bit excited about the tic game, well as much as a Gers fan can get. Well Scottish footballs profile is again on the line so I wish the lads all the best on Thursday and hope you enjoy your visit to Barcelona remember to double check you’ve got that ticket in a safe place!!!!!!

I’ll look for that Scot’s Clan banner then behind the goal?

gretna-banner.jpg

Season two is underway and with reputations on the line Gretna can't afford another distarous season like last or more to the point I can't afford another failure.

We managed to bring in a few class youngsters along with Scott Huckerby, Adam Thwaites and Ryan Baldacchino from Airdrie, Dumbarton and Carlise respectively.

Most of the transfer business is done and Gretna will be looking to make a good start to the league since we defuncted on the Challenge Cup to Berwick in Extra Time.

There is a time when players need to stand up and make them selves heard, there is a time when players need to show their class and that time is now.... viva la Gretna.

Result<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Challenge Cup1st rnd - Shielfield - Berwick Rangers 3 - 2 Gretna

McCormick 33,98,118 Sigere 55,94

</pre>

arbroath.jpg

Exactly how this predominantly young team were going to do was anyone's guess. Getting off to a good start though was essential, and that we did in our opener at home to Alloa, thanks to 20 year old Welsh U-21 international, Craig Steins, who grabbed a brace as we won 2-1, and off to the winning start we had so much hoped for.

The League Challenge Cup had sent us to Falkirk in the 2nd round, and as I expected it proved a bridge too far. We battled well, but in the end we were outplaued as we went down by 2-0, and out.

Away to Division Three Champions Stirling, a match we would happily accept a draw in. Twice we fell behind, and twice Ryan Thompson pulled us level, and we got the point we wanted and deserved.

Our next two matches were crucial, in that they were both locakl derbies. First up Dogs Montrose, and 15 year old Peter Edwards stole the limelight with a fine winning goal, to give us an excellent three points. Edwards is an exciting prospect, and if he can keep his feet on the ground, he can be a great player for us in the year ahead.

Away to Brechin, and after a goalless first half, Parker and Thompson sent us 2-0 ahead, only for the relegated club to bounce back, and level in injury time. Yet straight from the kick off, with the seconds ticking away, we went right up the park and subsitute Steins fired in a superb winner, and very boringly, we find ourselves sitting bored to tears at the top of Division Two after four games.

Of course, it won't last. We're too boring to win this league.

Season two

NO MORE MESSING

"East Stirling will go on the offensive this term," began Shire boss Burnett "No more messing" read the headline on the from page of the Financial Times.

The Opening goal of the new season was scored by 'Shire' striker Lawson in the 1st min of an away fixture at East Fife, Lawson rose above the struggling East Fife defenders to bullet home a header from a Naismith cross, the big Englishman netted his second in the 63min following a string of passess which saw the new look 'Shire' midfield project a confidance and maturity, the best goal, the third for 'the Shire' saw Kelly pounce on a lack pass and quickly release Naismith who had timed his run to beat the offside trap, the advancing 'Shire' forward bore down on goal threw the keeper a dummy and slotted the ball into the empty net.

1-3 away win.

Cowdenbeath came to Firs Park and were totally stunned by the experiance, the home side romping home with a 6-0 victory on a wet muddy pitch, Naismith 3 Lawson 1 Mackay 1 and schoolboy Rooney scoring his first senior goal, Burnett snapped up this young English player in pre-season, and he has an emmense talent and lightning pace, on par and above many of the more experianced players he will meet in this lge, his goal demonstrated his anticipation and intelligence to read the game, the ball was amid a throng of players on the edge of the Cowdenbeath 18yd box, it broke loose and caught in the mud between two 'Beath defenders, Rooney pounced on the free ball taking advantage of the defenders indecision, riding the crunching "sandwich" (respect for staying on his feet)the young starlet fired home a rocket past the static 'Beath keeper.

6-0 home very satisfying win.

Fucin Gretna beat us 6-2 at their bit. but it wasn't as one sided as it reads, 'The Shire' had many clear cut chances to tie this game up early on but the ball just didnt want to go in. This match will be remembered for Gretna boss Toners girly moaning about injuries more than performance, and Gretna are rapidly getting the nickname "pansy players" throughtout the third division.

Elgin at Firs Park and they were hard to break down, once again 'The Shire' posted most possession and constant pressure and against the run of play Elgin broke free to score, but the relentless 'Shire' assault on the Elgin goal finally saw them capitulate and the 'Shire' walked away victorious.

2-1 home win.

Four games into the season and East Stirling are sitting in 2nd spot behind the pansies, will they be able to maintain this impressive start to the lge campaign? its early doors but I see no reason why not.

The new intake of players are strong and pacey and what they lack in technique they more than make up for in determination and commitment, they are young and eager to learn, like tigers straining against chains of steel, I have no doubts that when called upon these youngbloods will do the club and themselves proud.

There are stars in the making at the club now and Burnett has sworn to guide them along the first steps of what promises to be exciting and rewarding carears.

TurpsLogo.jpg

SEASON STARTS & SO DOES WAR OF WORDS - LOONS RESULTS DO THE TALKING AS RIVALS FLOP!

High flying Forfar have had a great start to the season and sit proudly in 1st place a massive 6 points clear after only 4 games. High spending glory clubs in the division have already been humbled by the Loons and the great individual player performances at Station park are attracting interest form all rival clubs all around. In an attempt to unsettle the Loons squad some underhand tactics and derisery offers have been made but gaffer Turps does not care. He is an old hand in the psychological game and relishes the challenge letting results do the talking as other managers are left muted. Forfar have destroyed the main division rivals already and the early signs suggest that no thought has been made into how to stop the Loons this season. Despite all the transfer activity at other glory clubs, gaffer Turps has mainly stuck with his old team despite the unfashionable and restrictive wage budget. Squad wise the team and system is working well although a small change in style of play has been intorduced due to so called better quality opposition faced every week in Division 1. It must be working as we have only conceded one fluky goal so far in the 4 games and have scored the most with a plus 11 goal difference as evidence. In fact gaffer Turps has been quite surprised at how poor the main rivals have been especially as his small club was expected to battle bravely against relegation. Oh well, early days.. but already things are looking good on the current form....Here's how the opening 4 league games went!

FORFAR 2 Ross County 0 att.4165 m.o.m Oskarsson

The season's opener was a highly charged games as Ross County put the foot in at every oppertunity. Wingers King and Robertson were shackled and loons macdonald red carded as the match became highly tempered. The difference between the teams was 2 goals form Forfars midfield from the unlikely Charlie King and Billy Macdonald. Oskarsson stole the show leading the line suberbly and the 1st 3 points of the season were secured, what a wonderfull start which is always important for confidence and morale.

Partick Thistle 0 FORFAR 2 att.4682 m.o.m Kevin Byers

A tough away victory to Bods Babes or what ever he called them was the best performance of the season so far. The team defended magnificentally and took their chnces with a great run and strike from Byers and close range finish from Porhalsson. Thistles glory men were never in the game and the poor crowd headed for the exits disgusted as the Loons marched on.

Raith Rovers 0 FORFAR 3 att 5337 m.o.m Oskarsson

Forfar continued the good form and start to the season with a fine away victory adn maintaining the shut outs after 3 games into the season. The team performed exceptionally well both in terms of attacking play and chances created, as well defending resolutely at the back. Iclandic striking senstation Oskarsson was on fire scoring a wonerdfull double and securing forfar as the top team in the division at the moment.

FORFAR 5 Falkirk 1 att.4306 m.o.m Porhalsson

This was the 4th game of the season and already a crucial game which would determine the outcome of the title at the end of the season. Big spending Falkirk and their greedy gaffer boasted a travelling side packed with new talent . Flaws in the visitors make up and system were highlighted when the hoover man was destroyed despite loosing a silly early goal. Iclandic forward Porhalsson was the hat trick hero as Falkrik had no answers to Forfar's question's. The Bairns were greeting and hoover man left deflated...

Guest sav112

Stirling Albion Match Report

Hamilton A 1-1

It was our first outing in the 2nd and to be fair the lads did well on the park, Dougie Wilson was (M.O.M) with Pretswell scoring to earn us the point. The manager looked a bit frustrated that the Albion did not take the all the points as he felt the Albion were capable of wining this match.

Queens Park A (Cup) 5-3

The Queens Park games were always tasty back when we were in the 3rd and this was no different. When Queens went 3-0 it looked all over till Wilson, Mclean,

and Oki scored to level it. The Queens defence has been guilty these last few games of loosing goals and it was taken to extra time. Manager Robertson was happy at the team’s performance and praised stand in CD Harkness and Huddrell who at the last minute due to training injuries had to fill at the back

Loans in Will Snowden (Livingston)

David Cowen (Motherwell)

Arbroath H 2-2

A good competitive game that seen the Albion go 2-0 only to see Arbroath claw back into the game to get the point. Ross Lindsay and O’Brian (M.O.M) scored and it was good to see Pretswell and Donnachie back at the heart of defence.

Queens of the south A 2-1

Our first loss of the season and a disappointment with only Mclean getting pass marks with his great goal. Manager Robertson looked to have other things occupying his mind and seemed to make a point of congratulating the Albion away support for some reason.

***********NEWS******************

topframe2%20copy.jpg

After just over a season in the job, Albion Manager Robertson has decided to leave the club. After undisclosed talks at Cameron House with Jim Ballantyne (Director of Airdrie Utd) he felt it was time to move on.

He gave a short press meeting

“Being the manager of Stirling Albion and bringing them up a division in my first season was a great achievement for both myself and the club. The club having moved to the next stage was being crippled by financial debt and this was affecting the forward motion of the club and restraining my plans for the future on the pitch. Investment was needed and it simply was not possible.

After talks with Airdrie Director Jim Ballantyne I thought it was time to move on. The desire to match the teams in this division and above and to play in Europe was too strong to refuse. Airdrie are a great club and have one of the best stadiums out with the SPL and with the support of the fans and the funds available I think we can bring the diamonds success. I have nothing but great memories of Stirling and wish the team all the luck in the world but Airdrie are a bigger club with bigger ambitionsâ€

Signings

Stewart Devine

Barry Elliot

Uefa Cup

Coleraine A 1-1 (1-3 Agg)

The new managers first game and it could have been a banana skin as he got to terms with his new playing staff. After going a goal down early in the match the game was wide open and it took the great goal from Baltacha to make the tie safe and our entry into the next round. Manager Robertson commented that European football is were the club wants to be and its been a great experience for the players and his himself.

ClanHeader.jpg

### Game will go ahead on thursday. Last night 11 people voted in mirc to play and not deviate from the set times or nights of play. 4 Celtic fans wanted the game to be postponed and 1 Clan guy was absent, so sorry but youll have to set your hols and let ur ass man take charge if yer not present, thats what its there for. The game would have gone on regardless wether Iain was away or not. We cannot put the game down for 1 man or a set of particular fans. Of the 3 Clan memebers that voted against, at least 1 Celtic fan said he would watch and play so we cant just cancel the night for the 2 others, when 11 want to play. If there's thursday night football and i'm working then there's nothing that can be done. If i'm off then i remain commited to hosting as the demand is obviusly there. Wednesday night session is just not possible as 2 many could not commit and some would miss just because some people can not make thurs so thats unfair. Anyway in the future if there are less than 10 Clan members wanting to play or present, then postponment is the fair option.###

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogs:

I feel a celtic fan minority rebellion coming on icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

I'll be missing on thursday, i'll see all you wankas on monday. [/sPIT]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its Official : The CM World Revolves around Dogs icon_biggrin.gif

He says "No Game" , theres no game. Best call off Thursday, and every game from now on when he gets called into work late icon_razz.gif

I also will not be present on thursday im clubbing seals for a communist activist group.

Can we also cancel all sessions during the chelsea flower show and gay pride week for coisty?? icon_wink.gif

Sy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

I also will not be present on thursday im clubbing seals for a communist activist group.

Can we also cancel all sessions during the chelsea flower show and gay pride week for coisty?? icon_wink.gif

Sy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be a good one, if only it would come from somebody who knew what sex was!! icon_biggrin.gif

Brazils gaffer leaves mediocrity of cowdenbeath for middle of the table hopefuls Dumbarton.

Sons are of to a good start to the season,

Dumbarton 1 Morton 1

A late equaliser from Russell saves the day for the sons.

Challenge Cup

Dumbarton 8 Stranraer 1

An impressive debut from Dominic Pearmain with five goals, Christophe Berra was also impressive.

Airdrie 3 Dumbarton 1

A poor result against managerless Airdrie after a dismal display by the sons in the first half.

Dumbarton 4 Alloa 1

Loan signing Sam Lancaster scores a hatrick to get sons back on the winning track.

Challenge Cup

Stenhousemuir 1 Dumbarton 4

Cup run continues, could the sons be shock winners of this trophy.

Stirling 0 Dumbarton 2

New signings Pearmain and Lancaster do the biz again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

_CLAN BOOKIES ODDS TO WIN CHALLENGE CUP!_

_SY (Queens Park) 50/1_

icon_smile.gificon_razz.gificon_smile.gif

"I would love it, just love it if we beat them"(Keegan)

Sy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ur only 2 games away from £50 quid good luck Sy icon14.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Thursday 18/03/04 & Monday 22/03/04

ALLY’S ARMY LAUNCH SUMMER OFFENSIVE

Dear Supporters,

As promised we are starting to see the fruits of my labours over the close season and I can now say with confidence that we have a side capable of mounting a serious title challenge this year. The following new players will be turning out for Falkirk this season in our quest for victory.

George Abbey

Signed from Macclesfield, Abbey is a right back with 5 caps for the Nigerian national side. His pace and crossing ability make him perfect for supporting attacks on the right flank.

Richard Ackon

In my opinion the first of several transfer coups made over the summer. Ghanaian international Ackon has played much of his football in Norway. Superb at shooting from distance, his trickery and skill on the left wing should help to crack open opposition defences.

Zigor Aranalde

A Spanish player who can play anywhere on the left side and is well adapted to the British game from his time at Walsall. Signed to add depth to the squad, Aranalde will be allowed to leave on loan if there are no injuries to the first team squad.

Sofian Benzouien

Coming from Anderlecht, this promising defender will hook up with the youth side and will be looking for a club on loan.

Morten Bisgaard

With 8 caps for Denmark and the experience of playing in Serie A with Udinese, Bisgaard is another major signing for us. A real attacking midfielder, his physique and skill will be a huge benefit to us this season.

Jonathan Black

Signed on a free from Tottenham Hotspur, Black is an attacking player who will join our growing numbers of quality young players. Expected to leave on loan this season.

Martin Brittain

A player who still has much to learn, but has great potential, Brittain will be allowed to go out on loan this year after joining us from Newcastle United.

Kevin Budinauckas

Budinauckas will provide competition for the goalkeeping gloves this year after signing from Partick Thistle. A fantastic shot stopper.

Deon Burton

With over 44 caps for Jamaica and the experience of Premiership football, I was delighted to sign Burton from Portsmouth. His penalty box instincts should get us a few goals.

Gary Caldwell

Another signing coup with Scotland internationalist Caldwell coming from Newcastle United. Has long been touted as a class defender, this will be a crucial time in his development and his defensive qualities should see him command a regular first team place.

Neal Clague

A player who I have long admired, Clague scored several goals at my time at Elgin City. His physical presence upfront is a nightmare for defenders.

Tom Cowan

Hugely experienced left back whose leadership skills on and off the park will be of tangible benefit to us.

Jamie Doyle

A young attacking midfielder, Doyle was signed from Leicester City and will be allowed to leave on loan to aid his development.

Klodian Duro

An Albanian international that is equally comfortable on either wing, Duro’s creativity should be at the heart of several goals.

Les Ferdinand

“Sir†Les Ferdinand needs no introduction with a goal scoring pedigree at QPR, Newcastle, Tottenham and more recently Leicester City. A model professional, his physical presence will give us a battering ram up front while he has already been passing on his knowledge to our younger players on the training ground.

Ronald Foguenne

A vastly experienced Belgian player, Foguenne’s versatility in defence or midfield will give us options to our side.

Sebastien Fournier

With over 40 caps for Switzerland, Fournier is another player who has a wealth of knowledge. A natural leader, I expect him to be at the heart of our midfield this year.

Chris Hegarty

The son of Paul Hegarty joins after coming through the ranks at Dundee and will slot into our youth setup. Hopefully, he’ll find a club for a loan spell this season.

Craig Holloway

A young goalkeeper who has signed from Arsenal, Holloway should develop into a top class player, especially if he can find a loan club this year.

Robin Kieft

I was delighted to secure the signing of one a player who I believe can be one of Europe’s most promising young strikers. Expect great things from this youngster who may leave on loan.

Nii Lamptey

A Ghanaian international attacker with the experience of playing in several countries across the globe, Lamptey’s pace and balance will give defences a real headache.

Carlos Arturo Marinelli

This is another signing that I feel is a major one, securing the services of a technically superb attacking midfielder.

Luis Airton Barroso Oliveira

Despite being in the twilight of his career, Oliveira has played at the highest level with Belgium and in Serie A and I expect his attacking qualities to shine through at Falkirk.

Karlheinz Pflipsen

An experienced German midfielder whose playmaking ability will be a real asset.

David Partridge

Fresh from playing with Wales at Euro 2004, Partridge joins our defensive ranks after signing from Motherwell.

Owen Price

Another exciting young attacker, Price signs from Tottenham and will be looking for a loan club this season.

Lee Sims

Coming on a free transfer from Manchester United, Sims is a promising right back who should see first team action this year.

Niklas Svendsen

A defensive midfielder on either side of the flank, Svendsen signs for the youth side from FC Copenhagen.

Martin Thomas

Yet another veteran midfielder who brings us a fantastic work rate and leadership qualities after joining from Exeter.

Emerson Thome

Brazilian defender who has played in the English Premiership, his tough tackling nature will give competition to the back line.

Phil Townley

Joining the youth team from Liverpool, Townley is an exciting young winger who could well move out on loan this season.

Vagner Leonardelli

We fought off stiff competition to secure this Brazilian defenders signature. A massive prospect for the future he could be allowed out on loan.

Peter Weatherson

Another name I was delighted to add to the squad, Weatherson is a fantastic attacking option with his strength and poachers instinct.

David Weir

Former Everton and Scotland defender Weir is an excellent signing for us and I’m sure his leadership on and off the park will be of benefit.

Derek Whyte

Joining from Partick Thistle, Whyte has played for Middlesbrough, Aberdeen and the national side. Vastly experienced and a great influence to our younger players.

We’ve also managed to bring in three exciting players on loan and I look forward to seeing them progress at Falkirk.

Matthew Kilgallon

On loan from Leeds, Kilgallon will provide cover to our defensive line.

Alexis Nicolas

Coming on loan from Chelsea, Nicolas is a talented midfielder who has already represented his native Cyprus.

Robert Olejnik

An excellent goalkeeper signing on loan from Aston Villa and will almost certainly be given a chance to claim the number one spot.

Paulinho

A major player for us this season, Paulinho is a superb playmaker in the midfield and I hope that he will develop into a quality player during his loan spell from Arsenal.

Obviously some players have had to move on during the summer, and we wish Callum Bisset (Barrow) Craig Devine (Bamber Bridge) Douglas Hill (Huntly) Sean Lynch (Huntly), Craig McPherson (Aldershot), Ryan McStay (Ashton United) Neil Scally (St. Johnstone), Jani Viander (Ross County) and David Xausa (Dumbarton) well with their new clubs. Some players have also been forced to find new clubs, but hopefully Derek Colquhoun, Willie Freeman, Ross Hayman, Paul McAloney and Stephen Manson can get new contracts with other teams.

I'm expecting other players to leave in the near future and would point out to other managers that there are several good players who can leave on transfer or on loan.

As I highlighted in our last issue, I’ve been keen to improve the youth team and coaching setup at the club and I’m pleased to have added Jyrki Huhtamki, Rene Meulensteen, Tim Sheppard and Jari Vanhala to my backroom staff.

CHALLENGE CUP 1ST ROUND – QUEEN OF THE SOUTH – THE FALKIRK STADIUM – SAT 07/08/04 – WIN 1-1 AET 5-4 PENS

We kicked off the season with the visit of Queen of the South in the Challenge Cup. Lamptey got his Falkirk career off to a flyer, drilling a shot into the bottom corner after just 5 minutes. However Wood belted in an equaliser and we eventually scraped into the next round on penalties.

BELLS FIRST DIVISION – CLYDE – THE FALKIRK STADIUM – SAT 14/08/04 – WIN 5-1

Our league opener got us off to a fantastic start against Clyde. Paulinho’s shot was parried out to Lamptey who gobbled up the chance after just 6 minutes. The lead turned out to be short lived as McAdam equalised for the visitors via a penalty kick, but Lamptey was in an unstoppable mood and he put us back in front with a precision free kick strike. We set about laying siege to the Clyde defences and eventually found our and Lamptey’s third of the afternoon. Lamptey gathered the ball inside his own half and launched a counter attack up the pitch, before crowning his hat trick with a smart finish at the near post. Our dominance continued when Ackon’s cross found the head of Weatherson for his first Falkirk goal and the one sided performance was finished with style with a goal from Foguenne. The midfielder slipped past two Clyde players to curl in from the edge of the area with all the class and quality that we expect from our top class team.

I thought it was a fantastic performance, with Ferguson in goals having nothing to do except for the penalty (their only shot on target). The score could easily have been in double figures and it was the perfect start to the league, putting us into the early top spot.

CHALLENGE CUP 2ND ROUND – ARBROATH – THE FALKIRK STADIUM – WED 18/08/04 – WIN 2-0

We notched up another comfortable victory against Arbroath in the Challenge Cup. Lamptey was bundled over inside the box and Weatherson stroked home the penalty to put us in front after just 14 minutes. Despite Weatherson missing a second spot kick, we found a second goal just before the interval. Lamptey showed his genius by picking up the ball just inside the opposition half and going past no fewer than four players before blasting into the net from a tight angle. A fabulous goal from a fabulous player. The win put us in the next round of the tournament, with the only negative point being an injury to Peter Weatherson that will keep him out for around 2 months.

BELLS FIRST DIVISION – ST. MIRREN – ST. MIRREN PARK – SAT 21/08/04 – DEFEAT 3-1

I’m still scratching my head in wonder as to how we lost this game. Once again we piled pressure on the opposition defence and eventually made the breakthrough when Deon Burton scored a tap in on his debut. However Barry Lavety found a shock equaliser and I was left dumbfounded when he raced clear to net a late winner and then added insult to injury with a similar goal on the break. The end result was a farce and left the team totally dejected that their efforts hadn’t been rewarded.

BELLS FIRST DIVISION – ROSS COUNTY – THE FALKIRK STADIUM – SAT 28/08/04 – WIN 4-0

This was a fine win for us, especially to bounce back in such style from the previous weeks defeat. New loan signing Robert Olejnik was given the chance to impress in goal, but was never really seriously tested as we dominated the game from start to finish. A blunder at the back let Lamptey in to score an early goal and from then on we were on cruise control. Lamptey won a penalty to let Maestri score from the spot on his debut and our third was a superbly worked goal, started at the back and finished in style with a 20 yard screamer from Lamptey. Lawrie roamed forward on the inside right channel to hit the net with an equally spectacular strike from 30 yards and we could even afford a penalty miss from Maestri in the second half. The final whistle not only gave us three important points, but ended what was a convincing performance.

CHALLENGE CUP 3RD ROUND – ROSS COUNTY – VICTORIA PARK – WED 01/09/04 – DEFEAT 1-0

I must hold my hands up and admit I got things badly wrong for this game, electing to put out a second string side to rest players and give others a chance to shine. Indeed we underestimated our hosts after the league result and struggled to make any kind of impact. Gethins goal in the last minute of extra time kicked us out of the cup and a tournament that we were hoping to win.

BELLS FIRST DIVISION – FORFAR – STATION PARK – SAT 04/09/04 – DEFEAT 5-1

A humiliating defeat that lets Forfar go clear at the top and gives that cocky cock muncher Ross Turpie the early gloating rights. The clash of the leagues top two was always going to be an exciting affair and even Lamptey’s early opener wasn’t enough to hold back Forfar. Their strike force of funny sounding Ikea builders caused us problem after problem and the quickly found themselves in the lead. Multiple substitutions left us with just 10 men on the pitch after an injury and Forfar punished us with 5 goals raining in. In all fairness we did create chances and the score perhaps flatters them, but there is no hiding from the fact that we were undone and will now be playing catch up, even at this early stage.

Every game is important in this league and we can’t afford to drop many more points if we are to be pushing for that promotion place.

Thank you for your support and enjoy the game.

Alasdair Shaw

Falkirk FC Manager

Archived