The Scottish Clan 03/04 Netgame!

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just catching up on the thread and how the games going, but I got lost after 6 manager swaps icon_eek.gif

You'd have been better giving odds of who would stay with there club Turps.

Glad to see you never waited for my chair to get cold afore you were in there GHOD. And whit kinda language is that your writing your posts in cos I just wanted to know the scores.

When I get a sensible job one day I may return and take over my mantle as the only 'Burd' in the clan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taloola23uk:

Just catching up on the thread and how the games going, but I got lost after 6 manager swaps icon_eek.gif

You'd have been better giving odds of who would stay with there club Turps.

Glad to see you never waited for my chair to get cold afore you were in there GHOD. And whit kinda language is that your writing your posts in cos I just wanted to know the scores.

When I get a sensible job one day I may return and take over my mantle as the only 'Burd' in the clan.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont worry about it Tracy. We may have lost the only Burd in the clan, but theres still plenty of tits in here icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

nice avoidence of the Gretna score icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious? I told you before the match you were getting 3pts, did you not notice the shire hardly made a tackle and ventured forward very little?

When recently have the shire & gretna had a match with such a big gulf in performance? these matches usually end in an odd goal winner.

I was helping you secure the second spot, but if you want to claim it as some great victory fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

nice avoidence of the Gretna score icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious? I told you before the match you were getting 3pts, did you not notice the shire hardly made a tackle and ventured forward very little?

When recently have the shire & gretna had a match with such a big gulf in performance? these matches usually end in an odd goal winner.

I was helping you secure the second spot, but if you want to claim it as some great victory fine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Conspiracy!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

### SORYY LADS GAME OFF TONIGHT!! just had a call have to work! Sorry its short notice, this does'ny happen much so its monday night to fnish off season 2 i'm afraid. One again my apologies. ###<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dammit. I have to wait till monday to blow my 14 point lead with 5 games to go. Damn you Rosco! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

### SORYY LADS GAME OFF TONIGHT!! just had a call have to work! Sorry its short notice, this does'ny happen much so its monday night to fnish off season 2 i'm afraid. One again my apologies. ###<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dammit. I have to wait till monday to blow my 14 point lead with 5 games to go. Damn you Rosco! icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was gutted, there was no bigger task for the dogmeisters new all conquering tactic beta than his pish squad at clyde icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Dammit. I have to wait till monday to blow my 14 point lead with 5 games to go. Damn you Rosco! icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I reckon we should let you take 10 points over to your west ham team in UCMIG, i mean the jags only need a 4point cushion really, and atm i have no idea how you are going to beat relegation with the hammers icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

I was helping you secure the second spot, but if you want to claim it as some great victory fine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where as it is not a great victory in beating East Stirling it can be a crucial one, where as i'm sure you will wrap up the title it isn't inconcievable that you can still blow it, 7 points with 5 games left all it takes is a few key injuries and a few bad results and hey presto "helping" Gretna secure 2nd place can come back to haunt you!.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogs:

I reckon we should let you take 10 points over to your west ham team in UCMIG, i mean the jags only need a 4point cushion really, and atm i have no idea how you are going to beat relegation with the hammers icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know, everyones saying that, but this season , ive got more points in my first 10 games than i did in 20 games last season.

The Hammers will finish comfortably mid table this season. Probably about 50 points. Weve already turned it around.

The Hammers will finish comfortably mid table this season. Probably about 50 points. Weve already turned it around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn that diablo tactic icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deano:

The Hammers will finish comfortably mid table this season. Probably about 50 points. Weve already turned it around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn that diablo tactic icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deano , you have absoloutely no idea how hard im laughing here. Youve broken my Irony-O-Meter.

Have a look at my tactic tomorrow night and youll see why icon_biggrin.gif

it isn't inconcievable that you can still blow it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I KNOW but even if the inconcievable happens Im sure my PR guy's can make good copy of it.

Bod u will not blow it u are 2 good and are deserved of your place in the Self Preservation League! icon14.gif

Alasdair Shaw’s Programme Notes Monday 12.04.04

NEW BOSS WONT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT

Dear Supporters,

Firstly let me thank you all for the warm welcome I’ve received as your new manager. The manner of my departure from Falkirk was unfortunate to say the least, but I am now concentrating on the task in hand; trying to save Raith Rovers from relegation. The league table paints a troubling picture and we must rely on Clyde to drop points, but should that happen I want to keep winning games to put us in a position to punish them and preserve our presence in the First Division.

SAT 12.03.05 – BELLS FIRST DIVISION – ROSS COUNTY – STARK’S PARK – WIN 3-0

My first game in charge of the team got exactly the reaction from the players, staff and fans that I was hoping for. This was a must win game for us and James Grady blasted us into a lead after only 2 minutes. John Sutton then added a second and a 25 yard free kick from Martin Prest completed an excellent 3-0 win.

SAT 19.03.05 – BELLS FIRST DIVISION – FORFAR – STATION PARK – DRAW 3-3

This was a superbly entertaining game against tough opposition. The hosts went ahead by winning a dodgy penalty and converting, but Prest coolly slotted in an equaliser soon after. Forfar took the lead again, but Grady pulled us level by heading in just after half time. We then had a goal chopped off for offside before they scored from a corner kick, but our spirit was superb and when Grady scored again it gave us the share of the points that our efforts deserved.

SAT 26.03.05 – BELLS FIRST DIVISION – PARTICK THISTLE – STARK’S PARK – DEFEAT 1-0

It was always going to be tough against the league leaders, but neither side could really take control of a scrappy match. A goal from Panther was all that stood between us at the end and we now look to our remaining fixtures to put pressure on ninth place Clyde.

Thank you for the welcome and enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw

Raith Rovers Manager

gretna-banner.jpg

With the end of the season fast approaching Gretna find themselves 5 points adrift with 5 games left to catch leaders East Stirling, although it looks like East Stirling winning the league is a foregone conclusion The Black and Whites manager was heard muttering "While there is breath in our bodies, we will fight them on the beaches we will fight them on the land" even though no one could understand him as they were mere mutterings of a drunken nature.

Session wise Gretna really couldn't have asked for much better well apart from a slip up against bottom of the table Elgin otherwise it was a session of Goals, Goals and Goals as the Raydale park side slammed 28 goals past other helpless teams whilst only conceding 5.

The partnership of Martin Cameron and Demba Traore is really coming to the fore as the players look to have a really good understanding between them, back this up with some excellent wing play from Scott Huckerby and Ryan Baldacchino then Gretna are a formidible outfit going forward.

Results

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Raydale - Gretna 5 - 0 Berwick

Traore 1,64,71

McNally 26

Huckerby 61

Raydale - Gretna 2 - 1 Cowdenbeath

Traore 75,77 White 49

Borrough Briggs - Elgin 1 - 0 Gretna

Williams 66

Raydale - Gretna 5 - 1 Queens Park

Huckerby 25 Ranaten 10

Traore 30,43,85

Baldacchino 46

New Bayview - East Fife 1 - 3 Gretna

Tait 41 Cameron 12,40

Huckerby 86

Firs Park - East Stirling 2 - 7 Gretna

Douglas pen 30 Traore 21,34,75,82

Naismith 60 Cameron 46,61

Huckerby 49

Raydale - Gretna 5 - 0 Albion Rovers

Cameron 6,15

Traore 29,43

Huckerby 83

</pre>

jags.jpg

Partick Thistle 2 - 0 Clyde

Winning the title was always going to be great for the fans. Doing it at home was going to be even better. Beating the Gyppos to win the title pretty much made this the greatest day of most Thistle fans lives. 10,000 fans crammed into Firhill to watch history being made, and the players put on a great show for them. In 10 minutes , Milne collected a Clark cross and headed home from close range. 27 minutes gone, and Rowson scores the goal of the season, taking a Clark cutback 25 yards out and curling it across the length of the goal inot the net. 63 minutes on the clock , Sara runs at the defence , slides the ball through to Clark, and his shot is parried by the keeper into the path of the oncoming Kosovskyi for 3-0. 60 seconds later, and its 4. Clark does the running to the corner , the cutback finds Milne on the edge of the area, and his deflected shot creeps in at the far post.

The Thistle fans go absoloutely mental at the final whistle. A pitch invasion is inevitable as the stewards simply arent enough in number to prevent the exodus from the stands, and most of them want to join in anyway.

Falkirk 5 - 0 Partick Thistle

After the highs, the lows. With the title won, McGuinness bloods the youngsters, and the important one lets him down. Rookie keeper Dean Holmes simply didnt show on this one, his errors allowing 5 goals in 7 shots , and a defeat which the jags deserved, but perhaps not to convincingly.

Partick Thistle 2 - 1 St Mirren

The set piece special this one will forever be known as. With 10 minutes on the clock , St Mirren's Dean West curls home a superb 20 yard free kick to open the scoring, and away we go. 22 minutes on the clock , Clark goes down from a shove in the area. The 15yr old prodigy dusts himself off and steps up to sky the penalty into the crowd. Halftime comes and goes, and within 30 seconds , Thistle are level , Clark turning home from 3 yards after a Waddell shot is parried by the keeper. And on 86 minutes , Clark, whos been in the thick of everything, goes down under the shove of West , and Parkinson, the 15yr old winger making only his 2nd appearance for the Jags , smacks the penalty against the keeper , but latches onto the rebound to make it 2-1 for Thistle.

St Johnstone 3 - 2 Partick Thistle

Its another game for the kids, but a better performance this time. Kiegan Parker is the difference maker here, destroying all in his path, and scoring twice and setting up the third. Clark and Miller score for Thistle to keep the Jags kids on the back pages for the right reasons. MacDonald (16) , Parkinson (15) and Hunt (15) all receive 45 minutes or more.

Ross County 0 - 2 Partick Thistle

The party atmosphere in Dingwall was there for all to see. The jags fans in their Jesters hats and painted faces. Huge banners proclaiming "SPL here we come" , and "Ally Shaws a Dud" were festooned all around the stadium. The match itself was one way traffic , goals from Clark and Miller settling it, and a rare MOM performance from Jon "I was shot in the butt you know" Otsemobor, guiding the Jags to an 11 point margin of victory in the title race.

Somehow, the panel of Judges overlooked the achievement when awarding D1 manager of the year. The 3 candidates (2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively) being of a lower calibre than the division winner. However, mickey mouse awards dont matter here. Thistle are up.

2004/05 1st Division Champions

http://homepages.manx.net/kurashima/jagswind1.jpg

arbroath.jpg

Cast you mind back to the middle of last season. With Arbroath seemingly headed nowhere, the manager decided to move to Dumbarton. But, as the old proverb goes, the grass isn't aways greener, and so after a very short time, it was back to Arbroath we went.

This season has seen a total transformation of Arbroath, and with five games left to play, we needed just four points to gain promotion the First Division, all the more remarkable with a squad packed with teenagers. Whoever said you win nothing with youth was clearly a tit.

We travelled to Hamilton, a ground we have never won at, knowing that a win, coupled with an Airdrie draw or loss would see us promoted. It was tight game, as we had the better of the first half, with Edwards sending us into a 22nd minute lead. Hamilton did come back in the second half, but we held on for that win. Airdrie though also won, but with Montrose losing, we were now only a point away not only from promotion, but a first ever League title for the club.

Morton were the team who arrived at Gayfield looking to spoil the party, but an early goal from Denham settled the nerves, and when Griffiths added a second on 54 minutes, the celebrations could begin. Morton did get a late goal, but nothing could stop us as we wrapped up the Second Division title, and with probably the youngest squad ever to do so.

The season played out with excellent 3-1 wins over Queen od the South and Dumbarton, and on the final day, League Cup holders and 2nd Division runners up Airdrie United came to Gayfield for a promotion extravaganza. The result was pretty irrelevant, but a double from Thompson saw us ease to a nice win, and brought the curtain down on a season in which we had started as rank outsiders, and ended as the top dogs.

This certainly isn't the most experienced or talented squad in the world, and unlike certain other managers, we wont be getting carried away, but every single one of the 16 players who played more than one league game, deserves a bow, and a place in Arbroath legend.

Mark Peat, 22 years old, goalkeeper who had a decent season as we recorded the best defensive record in the division.

Kevin White, 15 years old, came into the squad for the last quarter or so of the season, after injury cost 18 year old Ryan Lynch his place. Both players had excellent seasons.

Michael Green, 20, made the right back position his own, and in the centre, the daddy of the team and the captain, 28 year old Greg Denham partnered 17 Neil Stuart, and also added a few goals for good measure. The defence certainly played its part in our success.

On the right wing, the granddaddy of the team, at the ripe old age of 29, Mark Angel had a fanastic season, aided on the left by 22 year Oliver Parker, with 19 year old Kevin Struthers a more than reliable back up, whilst in the vital middle area, 17 year old comedian Benny Hill was immense. Another 17 year old, Tony Griffiths, probably our most promising kid was superb as he sat in behind the strikers, and his goal against Dumbarton was voted the Second Division Goal of the Year. And not forgetting the input from 18 year old Tim Partidge in the handful of games he played.

Up front. Second Division Player of the Year, and Divisional top scorer Ryan Thompson (20), obviously had a superb season, and was more than ably abbeted by 15 year old Peter Edwards, who kept Welsh U-21 Craig Steins (20) sitting on the bench for a lot of the season.

Of course, next season is going to be a very tough one, as we battle for survival in Division One. But for now, we'll just basque in the glories of being Division Two Champions. How boring icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Hmmm. I wonder if anyone has a picture of the official Arbroath FC Basque? Is it a limited edition 2nd division Championship version, or a bog standard lace up the back black effort?

(You "Bask" Stuart. You "Bask in the limelight")<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can bask all you want, we're basqueing icon_razz.gif

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

Stirling A 0-2

With Manager Robertson returning to his old stomping ground his team were gifted the lead through a own goal in the ninth minute, goalie Hogarth made the mistake putting the ball in his own net. With the table the way it is it was imperative the diamonds made the points safe and were rewarded in the 19th when bell struck a sweet shot to make it two. M.O.M McGeown was outstanding in our goal.

Montrose H 4-0

It was an easy win in the end with Montrose being our only threat to promotion. Goals by Baltacha (M.O.M), Logan, Elliot and Jaconelli made it an impressive win and give Airdrie some breathing space at second top.

Brachin A 2-1

A poor first half performance with Airdrie pushed onto a back foot. Jaconelli scored a consolation goal but Airdrie just could not fight back. Manager Robertson was only thankful Montrose also slipped up.

Hamilton H 5-0

With Gow out injured for the next month or so Robertson had to bring in Jaconelli into his line up and he has taken his chance and grabbed it with some impressive finishing. Jaconelli (M.O.M) scored no less than four with Elliot making the tally five in the end. Hamilton were simply awful and even with Ghod behind them looked out of sorts with formation change after change, given the teams coming up Hamilton could find themselves in trouble next season. Hamilton confounded decided to make themselves felt with some strong challenges of which seen a few of our player injured.

Failing that we don’t loose 20+ goals to Arbroath or Montrose lose we should make second spot.

Emilio Jaconelli got player of the month.

Arbroath A 2-0

This could be an important game but in all honesty barring a miracle we will be second. With Airdrie having lost its first choice pairing up front and having to make a few changes elsewhere due to our last league game injuries this was always going to be a hard match against league leaders Arbroath. Poor defending and the skill of Ryan Thompson gave Montrose a deserved two goal advantage and with Airdrie never looking like coming back it was a poor end to a great season.

Manager Stewart Robertson came second in the Manager of the Year Award just behind Stuart Redmond.

Season round up.

Having won the Scottish League Cup, playing in Europe and getting promotion it was a great season for the diamonds Fans and players. Manager Robertson has done it again making it two seasons in a row in getting his team promoted.

Managers Statement to the Fan’s

“It’s great getting Airdrie into the first division and able to show some silverware with the cup. I was impressed at how well we played over the season and hope we can carry it over to the first. The support was as always fantastic and for that we thank you the loyal fan. With demand on season tickets being so high I hope to see you all next season when the Diamonds march on.â€

The wondrous 1st division with all its pitfalls awaits. icon14.gif

Good Stuff guys,

I tell you what I have a lot of reading to do as well as training for a cup WorldNet 2004 semi final match Arsenal World FC vs Ayr Utd in Edinburgh in June.

Wonder if I see any of the boys up there when we go. :-)

Hmmm. I wonder if anyone has a picture of the official Arbroath FC Basque? Is it a limited edition 2nd division Championship version, or a bog standard lace up the back black effort?

(You "Bask" Stuart. You "Bask in the limelight")<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better be careful where you put the Basques down or ETA will be on to you.

Guest sav112

Iain its ok were always careful with the Basques, and there is a fair few around here especially when they beat me in a clan match. icon_mad.gif

Hay and wengermagic glad you enjoy some of the posts we do our best. God someone actually reads our ****, I mean constructive reports.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wengermagic:

Good Stuff guys,

I tell you what I have a lot of reading to do as well as training for a cup WorldNet 2004 semi final match Arsenal World FC vs Ayr Utd in Edinburgh in June.

Wonder if I see any of the boys up there when we go. :-)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[turps]

Uh oh.

First it was Pie-Eating World Champ Powlay, now its his partner in crime, the awe-inspiringly bumloving Clatty Patty!

Begone back to the English Muppet Army! You make take our posts, but youll never take our FREEDOM!

[/turps]

Evening Patty. So can we expect you to follow in the fine tradition of Arsenal FC, and lose your bottle completely in the semi-final, losing to a "Smaller Club" then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wengermagic:

Must be delayed coverage of 1980 Division 1 games in Scotland. Get with the times..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember them fondly. When Clubs were winning Championships , only to be denied entry to Europe because of Heysel.

European football was far more fun to watch then icon_biggrin.gif

Must be delayed coverage of 1980 Division 1 games in Scotland. Get with the times..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember them fondly. When Clubs were winning Championships , only to be denied entry to Europe because of Heysel.

European football was far more fun to watch then icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_wink.gif

Lo guys

Hows everyone?? Turps squad size at 5000 yet?

Did you get the season finished?? how pish were the spiderz?

Still in moving limbo, hope to rejion soon and slag turps again!

Ciao!

Sy

Guest sav112

Good and Bad news SY

I got promotion and won the league cup as you probably read (good news) icon_biggrin.gif

But you got the sack and its open season down Mount Florida way. (bad news) icon13.gif

SY Your 300K buyout was too much on that striker you have lol so QP still have him and they have a new manager as well. icon_wink.gif

It’s ok there is plenty vacant places. icon14.gif

Hope you get back soon.

TurpsLogo.jpg

LOONS (SEASON 2 SUMMARY) - THE MADNESS CONTINUES...........

You must be mad to be a football manager these days. No money,No players, No Silverware...yet strangely...Not at Forfar Football Club! Its true a certain realsim has been lost with regards to the current CM series, but there's Method in the Madness , and i'm not talking about that whacky 80's buster sound of the Ska group we all so love. There is an a definate sense of sanity amongst the mayhem that is our Scottish Netgame and it can all be found at the Loonatic asylum over at Station Park, home of Forfar Football Club!

Season 2 is over now, and unlike some other 'unproffessional' managers gaffer Turps has stayed loyal to his 1st employers and transformed Forfar Athletic from a small backwater football club in Angus, to a small Dynamic Football club ready for Europe! Yes u heard it the 'Bridies' are packed along with the lilo's and sombrero's. the Loons mad journey in Scottish football continues....who know's where the journey will end , but the smart money is on that large diddy league everyone is striving for, you know the self preservation one....!

In 707 days and 91 games played (with only 17 lost), Forfar Football Club have secured 2 pieces of silverware and are a force now in Scottish Football. Amazingly with only £275k spent and a weekly wage budget of £5k this cool wee club have performed miracles in the 2 years under boss Turps. From winning the 2nd Division last season, the Loons have competed well in Division 1 and are knoking on the door of the SPL its self. Although not winning the solitary promotion place, season2 was a great success and the club finished its highest ever in the Loons history. Forfar pushed worthy champions Partick Thistle all the way and were unlucky to finish 2nd.

For the part, the greatest achievements in season 2 was the cup runs. Forfar reached the semi finals of the League cup only to get knocked out by Celtic 2-1 at Hampden. In the Scottish Cup the Loons went one better revenging that league cup semi loss and hammering the Tic 3-0 in the Scottish Cup semi, and in the Final itself Dundee Utd 2-0, winning the Scottish Cup for the 1st time in the club's History! The massive revenue form the cup runs as well as the highest ever final league postion have left the club in a very healthy footing. Winning the Scottish Cup has enabled Uefa Cup qualification next season. Its madness ...pure madness...

So what about the squad i hear u cry? who are these Loons and are they Mad? well Forfar Football club is predominantly a young side. On the whole the team adopts a 442 system and the 1st team squad is small like most things at the club. In goals new signing form Celtic last year David Marshall has been strong keeping 20 clean sheets this season. The back 4 of wingbacks John Barclay and Jamie McQuilken have been good and the center halves of David Lowing and Alan Tate been solid. DMC Billy Macdonald has been awzome in the hole infront the back 4 and playmaker 'Skreech' or Kevin Byers has been simply superb in the middle. On the flanks forfar have been deadly. On the left side Jussi Pekka Savolainen and Mark Robertson and the right Vierinha, Neil Jablonksi and Charlie King. It is however upfront the the loons are most deadly and Iclandic pairing Porhalsson and Oskarsson have been exceptional scoring 76 goals in 2 years and carrying the team, reigning terror on rival's defences.

Many of the Loons squad have been there from the start and love the club. Kevin Byers has been a Key player along with Lowing, Macdonald & Barclay who have been there since Boss Turp's arrival. Although 65 players have been signed (mostly under18's) gaffer Turps has stayed loyal to many of the 1st team and the stability has helped the club move forward in a slow and steady fashion. Some Loons favourites moved on, £650k of players have been shown the door in 2 years as 40 players have moved on. Players will always be joining but introduced gradually, hopefully not unsettling what is a winning side. The greatest strength of the club is the youth team, The Reserves won their league and there are some hot promising youngsters ready to push for 1st team action. These youths are the future ,as Forfar will never be able to compete with the larger clubs in the market, but who needs to sign players when u can grow yer own!

Well, season 3 is upon us, so what now for the Loons? where can the journey end? The SPL hopefully, and next year the club will challenge despite the growing competition in the league in terms of Clubs and human managers. Its only 1 up from the 1st Division and it is quite possibly the hardest challenge in Scottish football to reach the Special Promised land. The taste of European football will be a fun adventure, and the fruits it brings will help the club greatly as a better stadia and facilities are sought. The defence of the Scottish Cup will be important but the eye is firmly on the league campaign. Gaffer Turps remains commited to the Loons as the Club has shown great loyalty towards him also, Lets hope we can win another trophy next season and have some fun in the process. Its a mad old world being a Loon thats for sure......

SEASON 2 SQUAD STATS

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pkd | Inf | Name | Apps | Gls | Asts | MoM | Pass | Tck | Drb | Sh Tar | Av R | Value|

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | SC | Óskarsson, O* | 44 (2) | 37 | 15 | 24 | 64 % | 1.44 | 1.91 | 70 % | 8.57 | £110K|

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | AMR | Vieirinha | 17 (4) | 4 | 3 | 3 | 66 % | 4.43 | 4.03 | 39 % | 7.67 | £30K |

| | AMC | Byers, K* | 36 (5) | 5 | 3 | 4 | 65 % | 3.45 | 3.38 | 48 % | 7.46 | £220K|

| | AML | Savolainen, J | 31 (5) | 3 | 11 | 1 | 69 % | 3.65 | 3.51 | 50 % | 7.42 | £60K |

| | DL | McQuilken, J | 19 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 65 % | 2.76 | 0.80 | 75 % | 7.32 | £18K |

| | DMC | Macdonald, B | 40 (2) | 5 | 4 | 1 | 81 % | 4.00 | 0.25 | 44 % | 7.26 | £26K |

| | SC | Pórhallsson, J* | 42 | 18 | 17 | 1 | 73 % | 0.95 | 0.85 | 57 % | 7.26 | £65K |

| | DC | Lowing, D | 39 (1) | 1 | 3 | 0 | 81 % | 2.08 | 0.13 | 100 % | 7.20 | £18K |

| | DR | Lito | 12 (5) | 0 | 1 | 0 | 66 % | 3.57 | 0.66 | 33 % | 7.18 | £2K |

| | AMR | King, C | 14 (14) | 3 | 1 | 0 | 60 % | 2.78 | 3.40 | 81 % | 7.07 | £24K |

| | ML | Robertson, M | 16 (16) | 3 | 5 | 0 | 70 % | 3.28 | 1.28 | 36 % | 7.03 | £30K |

| | DR | Barclay, J | 30 (4) | 0 | 5 | 0 | 67 % | 3.09 | 0.62 | 71 % | 7.03 | £14K |

| | DMC | Gold, J | 6 (8) | 0 | 1 | 0 | 83 % | 2.39 | 0.38 | - | 7.00 | £16K |

| | DL | Florence, S | 25 (3) | 0 | 3 | 0 | 71 % | 2.56 | 0.57 | - | 6.96 | £2K |

| | SC | Pórarinsson, H | 7 (6) | 2 | 2 | 0 | 70 % | 1.17 | 2.51 | 58 % | 6.92 | £24K |

| | MR | Jablonski, N | 16 (15) | 3 | 2 | 1 | 71 % | 4.19 | 0.79 | 57 % | 6.90 | £22K |

| | MC | Hugo | 4 (10) | 1 | 1 | 0 | 76 % | 2.09 | 0.48 | 50 % | 6.86 | £28K |

| | DC | Tate, A | 22 (8) | 0 | 1 | 0 | 80 % | 2.26 | 0.29 | 100 % | 6.83 | £18K |

| | GK | Marshall, D | 44 (1) | 0 | 1 | 1 | 64 % | - | - | - | 6.78 | £20K |

| | DC | Bell, S | 9 (4) | 1 | 1 | 1 | 75 % | 2.54 | 0.30 | 100 % | 6.69 | £14K |

| | DC | Pearson, G | 15 (3) | 0 | 0 | 0 | 77 % | 2.18 | 0.07 | 100 % | 6.61 | £10K |

| | GK | Shaw, C | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 65 % | - | - | - | 6.50 | £6K |

</pre>SEASON 2 RESULTS IN FULL

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 7.8.2004 | 15:00 | A | Raith Rovers | Challenge Cup 1st Rnd | | 3 : 1 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 14.8.2004 | 15:00 | H | Ross County | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Tue, 17.8.2004 | 19:30 | A | Stenhousemuir | Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd | | 0 : 1 |

| Sat, 21.8.2004 | 15:00 | A | Partick Thistle | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 28.8.2004 | 15:00 | A | Raith Rovers | First Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 4.9.2004 | 15:00 | H | Falkirk | First Division | | 5 : 1 |

| Tue, 7.9.2004 | 19:30 | H | Brechin | League Cup 1st Rnd | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 18.9.2004 | 15:00 | A | St. Johnstone | First Division | | 1 : 4 |

| Sat, 25.9.2004 | 15:00 | H | Inverness C. Thistle | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 29.9.2004 | 19:30 | A | Aberdeen | League Cup 2nd Rnd | | 3 : 2 |

| Sat, 2.10.2004 | 15:00 | A | Stenhousemuir | First Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 9.10.2004 | 15:00 | H | Clyde | First Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 23.10.2004 | 15:00 | A | St. Mirren | First Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 30.10.2004 | 15:00 | A | Ross County | First Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 3.11.2004 | 19:30 | H | Motherwell | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 6.11.2004 | 15:00 | H | Partick Thistle | First Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 13.11.2004 | 15:00 | H | Raith Rovers | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 20.11.2004 | 15:00 | A | Falkirk | First Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 27.11.2004 | 15:00 | H | St. Johnstone | First Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 4.12.2004 | 15:00 | A | Inverness C. Thistle | First Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Wed, 8.12.2004 | 19:30 | H | Hearts | League Cup Qtr Final | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 11.12.2004 | 15:00 | A | Clyde | First Division | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 18.12.2004 | 15:00 | H | Stenhousemuir | First Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sun, 26.12.2004 | 15:00 | H | St. Mirren | First Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 1.1.2005 | 15:00 | H | Ross County | First Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 8.1.2005 | 15:00 | A | Partick Thistle | First Division | | 2 : 3 |

| Sat, 15.1.2005 | 15:00 | H | Inverness C. Thistle | Scottish Cup 3rd Rnd | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 19.1.2005 | 19:30 | A | Inverness C. Thistle | Scottish Cup 3rd Rnd Rep | | 4 : 2 |

| Sat, 22.1.2005 | 15:00 | H | Falkirk | First Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 26.1.2005 | 19:30 | A | Raith Rovers | First Division | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 29.1.2005 | 15:00 | A | St. Johnstone | First Division | | 1 : 3 |

| Sat, 5.2.2005 | 15:00 | H | Inverness C. Thistle | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Tue, 8.2.2005 | 19:30 | N | Celtic | League Cup Semi Final | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 12.2.2005 | 15:00 | A | Ayr | Scottish Cup 4th Rnd | | 5 : 3 |

| Sat, 19.2.2005 | 15:00 | A | Stenhousemuir | First Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Wed, 23.2.2005 | 19:30 | A | St. Mirren | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 26.2.2005 | 15:00 | H | Clyde | First Division | | 5 : 0 |

| Sat, 5.3.2005 | 15:00 | A | Ross County | First Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 12.3.2005 | 15:00 | H | Motherwell | Scottish Cup Qtr Final | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 16.3.2005 | 19:30 | H | Partick Thistle | First Division | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 19.3.2005 | 15:00 | H | Raith Rovers | First Division | | 3 : 3 |

| Sat, 26.3.2005 | 15:00 | A | Falkirk | First Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Sat, 9.4.2005 | 15:00 | H | St. Johnstone | First Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Sun, 17.4.2005 | 15:00 | N | Celtic | Scottish Cup Semi Final | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 20.4.2005 | 19:30 | A | Inverness C. Thistle | First Division | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 23.4.2005 | 15:00 | H | Stenhousemuir | First Division | | 0 : 1 |

| Sat, 30.4.2005 | 15:00 | A | Clyde | First Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 14.5.2005 | 15:00 | H | St. Mirren | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 28.5.2005 | 15:00 | N | Dundee Utd | Scottish Cup Final | | 2 : 0 |

</pre>

FANS PLAYERS OF THE YEAR - Óskarsson

DIVISION 1 MANAGER OF THE YEAR = ROSS TURPIE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Lo guys

Hows everyone?? Turps squad size at 5000 yet?

Did you get the season finished?? how pish were the spiderz?

Still in moving limbo, hope to rejion soon and slag turps again!

Ciao!

Sy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got sacked and are clubless (like Coist) icon_wink.gif

SEASON 2 FINAL STANDINGS - SPL

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Hibs | | 38 | 21 | 10 | 7 | 64 | 44 | +20 | 73 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Rangers | | 38 | 22 | 6 | 10 | 65 | 39 | +26 | 72 |

| 3rd | | Celtic | | 38 | 21 | 6 | 11 | 84 | 38 | +46 | 69 |

| 4th | | Livingston | | 38 | 18 | 8 | 12 | 81 | 60 | +21 | 62 |

| 5th | | Dundee | | 38 | 16 | 11 | 11 | 71 | 66 | +5 | 59 |

| 6th | | Ayr | | 38 | 15 | 11 | 12 | 62 | 54 | +8 | 56 |

| 7th | | Hearts | | 38 | 13 | 9 | 16 | 46 | 55 | -9 | 48 |

| 8th | | Aberdeen | | 38 | 10 | 17 | 11 | 44 | 46 | -2 | 47 |

| 9th | | Kilmarnock | | 38 | 12 | 10 | 16 | 57 | 63 | -6 | 46 |

| 10th | | Dunfermline | | 38 | 11 | 7 | 20 | 50 | 77 | -27 | 40 |

| 11th | | Dundee Utd | | 38 | 10 | 5 | 23 | 43 | 69 | -26 | 35 |

| 12th | Chris | Motherwell | R | 38 | 7 | 4 | 27 | 33 | 89 | -56 | 25 |

</pre>

SEASON 2 FINAL STANDINGS - DIVISION 1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | BOD | Partick Thistle | P | 36 | 26 | 6 | 4 | 73 | 25 | +48 | 84 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Turps | Forfar | | 36 | 22 | 7 | 7 | 68 | 28 | +40 | 73 |

| 3rd | | St. Johnstone | | 36 | 18 | 9 | 9 | 73 | 51 | +22 | 63 |

| 4th | Deano | Stenhousemuir | | 36 | 14 | 10 | 12 | 48 | 49 | -1 | 52 |

| 5th | | Inverness C. Thistle | | 36 | 13 | 10 | 13 | 42 | 43 | -1 | 49 |

| 6th | | Falkirk | | 36 | 13 | 7 | 16 | 50 | 53 | -3 | 46 |

| 7th | | St. Mirren | | 36 | 13 | 6 | 17 | 46 | 58 | -12 | 45 |

| 8th | Dogs | Clyde | | 36 | 10 | 7 | 19 | 35 | 54 | -19 | 37 |

| 9th | Ally | Raith Rovers | R | 36 | 8 | 7 | 21 | 44 | 69 | -25 | 31 |

| 10th | R | Ross County | | 36 | 5 | 7 | 24 | 36 | 85 | -49 | 22 |

</pre>

SEASON 2 FINAL STANDINGS - DIVISION 2

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | PM7 | Arbroath | P | 36 | 24 | 7 | 5 | 70 | 35 | +35 | 79 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | SAV | Airdrie Utd | P | 36 | 17 | 10 | 9 | 74 | 39 | +35 | 61 |

| 3rd | | Montrose | | 36 | 17 | 7 | 12 | 48 | 40 | +8 | 58 |

| 4th | | Dumbarton | | 36 | 15 | 9 | 12 | 62 | 52 | +10 | 54 |

| 5th | | Hamilton | | 36 | 12 | 8 | 16 | 55 | 54 | +1 | 44 |

| 6th | Jeff | Brechin | | 36 | 12 | 6 | 18 | 48 | 77 | -29 | 42 |

| 7th | Iain | Morton | | 36 | 10 | 11 | 15 | 42 | 58 | -16 | 41 |

| 8th | | Queen of Sth. | | 36 | 11 | 8 | 17 | 43 | 61 | -18 | 41 |

| 9th | Ghod | Stirling | R | 36 | 10 | 9 | 17 | 42 | 51 | -9 | 39 |

| 10th | R | Alloa | | 36 | 9 | 11 | 16 | 38 | 55 | -17 | 38 |

</pre>

SEASON 2 FINAL STANDINGS - DIVISION 3

| 1st | Gaz11 | Gretna | P | 36 | 26 | 3 | 7 | 115 | 52 | +63 | 81 |

| 2nd | Tam | East Stirling | P | 36 | 26 | 3 | 7 | 116 | 57 | +59 | 81 |

| 3rd | | Cowdenbeath | | 36 | 17 | 6 | 13 | 59 | 47 | +12 | 57 |

| 4th | | Queens Park | | 36 | 15 | 11 | 10 | 52 | 48 | +4 | 56 |

| 5th | | Berwick | | 36 | 14 | 11 | 11 | 54 | 48 | +6 | 53 |

| 6th | | Albion Rovers | | 36 | 14 | 6 | 16 | 60 | 67 | -7 | 48 |

| 7th | | Stranraer | | 36 | 9 | 12 | 15 | 43 | 64 | -21 | 39 |

| 8th | | Peterhead | | 36 | 10 | 8 | 18 | 51 | 71 | -20 | 38 |

| 9th | | East Fife | | 36 | 6 | 8 | 22 | 28 | 81 | -53 | 26 |

| 10th | | Elgin | | 36 | 6 | 6 | 24 | 34 | 77 | -43 | 24 |

</pre>

COISTY & SY ARE SACKED & CURRENTLY CLUBLESS! (utter crap gaffers)

JIMBHOY TO RETURN IN SEASON 3 (Next Thurs) as Previously drawn Club ALLOA! (welcome back!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HD:

haha, Ayr > all of youse, not to mention Ayr > Killie, strike one for top notch research icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top notch research would have seen Ayr play in SD2 just like real life. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HD:

haha, Ayr > all of youse, not to mention Ayr > Killie, strike one for top notch research icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im going to make a special point next season of never playing a weakened side against Ayr, and taking the full 12 points off them, sending them back to the lower divisions where they belong.

Ill do the same to that Rugby Park mob too, cos in the words of the song ...

AHM NO A KILLIE AHM A JAG!

Guest sav112

Aaaaaaa to get the chance, a dream per chance to manage one of the truly great teams in Scottish history Aberdeen, Hearts, Ayr……..

Hay Kevin Byers was on the phone he wants to play for a big club!

Airdrie Shopping list (only interested in first team regulars)

Strong proven CD

Good RB

Creative Playmaker ACM

Defensive CM

Answers on a post card. icon_biggrin.gif

You should join us Dino were starting a new season on thurs. Theres a few old faces who would luv to beat ur sorry ayr azz icon_razz.gif

Archived