The Scottish Clan 03/04 Netgame!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

That 5-0 drubbing against Alloa in the last session was the sweatest of them all icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You set your standards high then. The game was like a 100m race Turps and you had a 99m start, I aint gonna win the race am I?

But the clan is a marathon and whilst I may suffer a few hammerings early on hopefully the quality gap will reduce.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

That 5-0 drubbing against Alloa in the last session was the sweatest of them all icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You set your standards high then. The game was like a 100m race Turps and you had a 99m start, I aint gonna win the race am I?

But the clan is a marathon and whilst I may suffer a few hammerings early on hopefully the quality gap will reduce.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure u will! on the 1st hours performance! Its great to have u back Jimbo, good luck at the Wasps icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

They can have any team in Division 3 and will hopefully give Ghod & Jim a good challenge in season 3.

Turps icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

_ROLF_ _PMSL_ No one's gonna stay in the 3rd! bongo boy's wi spring's up their erse, they gonna jump up lge's soon as they can... especially that ghod gadge who is now called _Zebedee_.

None o them have the baws to fight it out in the 3rd and win...

Both Gaz and me got job offers in higher lge's but we refused them to stick it out and fight for the title.

'cos we have commitment and confidance we can do what it takes..

Gaz took over a club late and promoted them..

I took the worst club in Britain and promoted them.

_WE HAVE PROVED OURSELVES_

_We fought hard for what we achieved_ we earned _PROMOTION_

_WE ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE BRAGGING RIGHT'S_

If I read another post stating how a club appointed a new "boss" due to how "great" they were Im gonna puke...truth is only very few..and I mean _VERY_ few earned the right.

If there was a smidgen of decency or honour in these guy's they would all go back to the 3rd and _PROVE_ their worth...but thats never gonna happen.

Good luck in the new season Gaz, you deserve to be there, and it wont be much longer till your moving up. I know that for a fact.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not LMA, having been forced to stick it out with our chosen sides in CM4 there is nothing wrong with wanting to climb the leagues quicker and playing more human teams.

Your happy to be with yer wee team i'm happy to be with my big team so whats the prob?

Get it up ye icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

there is nothing wrong with wanting to climb the leagues quicker and playing more human teams.

Get it up ye icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct me if Im wrong, but all the human players were in the bottom two lge's. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

Can anyone remember who "Sad sack" was..It was on the telly but cant remember where etc?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raggy Dolls.

I remember if from when i was 12. And when i saw the pics of Ricardo from the clan meet, i was instantly reminded of him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it really! I thought it was an old sitcom, cheers Bod! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

My Ass man got me the sack icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No! Actually he won a lot of games after the board got rid of that dud Abrasham icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the new AI Gaffer, not my Ass man, Ya fudaroonie!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

there is nothing wrong with wanting to climb the leagues quicker and playing more human teams.

Get it up ye icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct me if Im wrong, but all the human players _were_ in the bottom two lge's. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC there were 6 gaffers in D3 at the start, 2 got promoted and Gaz II appeared leaving 5. D1 now has the most human gaffers and that is where I am now. Appart from my fleeting appearance in the SPL I have stuck with the masses icon_smile.gif

I hated it at Dumbarton, they were a challenge to keep up, which I thought I could do.

Hibs job won't be available for ages yet. Bobby is too damn good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blobby Bobby will soon jump ship to a big club with a bit of ambition.

Like Wrexham or Chester or Scunthorpe or something icon_biggrin.gif

Outrage in Berwick

There was outrage in the small border town of Berwick as claims of poaching have been sent to the SFA after Stewart quit his post to take over the Greenock Morton hotseat.

Stewart unavailable for comment give a simple statement that read,

" It is merely time for me to move on, I quit my post and the Morton chairman happened to be passing the bus stop, nothing sinister in that."

morton.jpg

Stewart wastes no time at Morton

New Morton boss was thrown in at the deep end with Morton as the season came to an end, saving Morton from relegation on the last day of the season.

Having taken stock of what he has, he promptly went on a shopping spree and has spent over 100K in pre-season raids and a number of young players have been snapped up as the morton revolution begins.

Stewart looks to build a comprehensive youth policy at Morton, and youth will be giving its chance all through the season, not expecting any kind of Ajax youth policy here, but players will be brought through the youth system with a desire to play for the ton.

The results So far

Morton 1 - 3 Airdrie

Walker 9 Bell 7,74

Hamilton 7 - 0 Morton

Hurst 1, 87, 90

McGeachie 15, 81

Waddell 52

Sherry 71

Morton 0 - 0 Alloa

Arbraoth 2 - 1 Morton

Denham 16 Hurst pen 84

Griffiths 54

Morton 0 - 1 Stirling

Armstrong 88

Queen of the South 4 - 0 Morton

O'Conner 1

Morrison OG 4

Coates pen 71

Lyle 73

Montrose 0 - 1 Morton

Uotinen 25

Survival !

Season Begins...

League Challenge Cup

Ross County 0 - 2 Morton

McEwen 15

Firmino 88

A promising start for the ton, maybe not reflected so much in the score line but in the way that they played. Stewart is very much under pressure from the off having spent so much cash, but is fully confident he can get involved in the promotion race.

gretna-banner.jpg

Another season is upon us and Gretna look to strenghting the squad for their assualt on the 2nd division, been a pretty sombre pre-season for the Raydale park outfit with only a few players coming in and not many going out.

However Darren miller joins us from Berwick along with Ian Jeffs, Roy O'Donavon on loan from crewe and Falkirk respectively.

Scott Huckerby is on the way out to Partick for £30k plus a player, Scott will be sorely missed but the funds will be put to good use as we look to bringin a few defenders.

The season got of to a great start in the only game we managed to get in was the challenge cup mauling of Peterhead, we hope to keep that kinda form going throughout the entire season.

Result<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Challenge Cup 1st - Balmoor - Peterhead 2 - 6 Gretna

Smith 13 Huckerby 14,81,90

Brown pen 70 Longbottom 19

O'Donovon 26

Jeffs 54

</pre>

*lost my player transfer notes due to having to re-install CM last night, will do a proper transfer report next time*

mamber2.gif

WELL WELL WELL

So we got humped and will prob do well (tee hee) to stay in Div 1 next season. Don't worry fans i've brought in loads of foreign duds just like the wonderful HarrY Kampman. Before you realised i've duffed your team to buggery i'll be long gone managing some other crappy team like the true mercenary i've turned out to be.

Foreign Duds brought in

Paulinho

Bruno

Lee Lawrence

Joao Carita

Andre Marques

Ralph Welch

Lee Peltier

Fintas

Joao Riberio

Akaraphong Houtcome

Wojciech Kowalewski

They will all probably be punted to the reserves by the time you can pronounce them.

Regular Duds In

Andy Todd

Jim Lauchlan

Gary Caldwell (Loan)

Ian MacSween (Loan)

Heres hoping for a nice season (prob half afore I **** aff) of at least mediocrity.

arbroath.jpg

There were few new signings of any note, as the £150k debt meant that the board couldn't afford to give me any transfer money. Perhaps they should have waited till they had recieved all the season ticket money, which wiped out that debt and leaves the balance in a positive frame. But C'est la Vie.

With greedy Bod signing players he'll never need and never use, just to claim he has the 'best youth policy in the world', we'll basically have to make do with the squad that won the Division Two title, although 17 year striker Ryan Green looks a good bet to make a break through this season.

Our target this season is a very simple one. Survival. Its going to be a long hard slog, eeking out as many points as we can to keep our heads above water. Pre-seasons are seldom a guide to the season ahead, but nevertheless three wins out of four in our English tour, including 1-0 over Powlays Hull.... oh wait, it wasn't Powlays, but we'd still have won it it was...... and a good 3-0 win over overrated SPL side Ayr were good signs of the season to come. Mind you, a 3-0 loss to Alloa, and you could say the opposite.

The season began with our customary loss in the Challenge Cup, at home to Berwick. A 67th minute goal from Kevin Struthers seemed to have given us the win, but we should have known better and 2 late strikes put the world back in its right place. We dont do cups.

A gala day at home to, ironically enough, Airdrie, saw us hoist the Division Two Championship Flag. Airdrie tried their best to spoil the show, taking the lead on 13 minutes, but Craig Steins grabbed out first goal back in the First Division, and a point against a very good side is always acceptable.

No match will be easy for us this season, and the trip to Inverness was no exception. A hard fought game, which had chances to win, and lose, ended goalless, and a another good point was placed on the board. Two points nearer safety.

St Mirren had gotten off to a nightmare start to the season as they arrived at Gayfield rooted to the bottom of the table with nil point. Eeven at this very early stage, it was clear this was a game we really needed to win if we were to have any chance of staying up. Things looked bleak when Benny Hill fluffed a 6th minute penalty, but in the scrambled that followed, Mark Angek pushed the ball over the line, and there was no looking back. St Mirren did level on 15 minutes, but for them it was simply false hope as goals from new boy Ebanks-Blake, and Ryan Thompson sent us in 3-1 up at the interval. Defender Jackson got his first ever goal for the club early in the second haldf before debut boy Ryan Green showed his promise with a brace, and St Mirren were well and truly battered into submission. Our first win, and we had done it in fine style.

The session ended with an away game at Falkirk, who were also unbeaten, and both teams remained unbeaten as the match ended goalless. Six points for us, and its a good enough start. There is, of course, still a long way to go, but if we can keep up these kinds of performances I'll be more than happy.

jags.jpg

Rangers 0 - 2 Partick Thistle

Thistle return to the bigtime. And it doesnt get much bigger than an opening day game away to Glasgow rivals Rangers. However within 20 minutes its clear the visitors arent here just to make up the numbers. With Rowson and Buchan getting stuck into a lacklustre huns midfield , and Panther and Waddell untouchable out wide, Thistle look constantly dangerous , and when Panther cuts inside a static Ricksen on 42 minutes, and is flattened by a thrust to the throat , its a penalty. Amazingly , 16yr old Tim Hunt picks up the ball and walks to the spot. What a show of nerve from the youngster. He places the ball , looks at Klos , takes 4 steps and smashes it low to the left. And so it remains until half time.

The 2nd half begins as the first half ended , but this time its Panther who breaks free on 61 minutes , goes past Bob Malcolm , pausing to ask him who ate all the pies, and crosses deep for the onrushing Hunt to bag a brace on his professional debut. This kid has a great future at firhill. By the time 70 minutes are on the clock , the "Leave early to avoid the traffic" brigade has swelled so much that theres nobody left come the final whistle. Thistle are back in the big time, and what a way to come back!

Partick Thistle 1 - 0 Ayr United

A scoreline that really doesnt tell the whole story. Quite frankly, the fact Ayr got away with a 1-0 defeat amazed everyone watching. With their overrated and overpaid players (I blame the testers) , Ayr should cause Thistle real problems , but the exact opposite occurs , with Thistle running at Ayr at will and watching time after time as the keeper claws the ball out from beneath the bar. Finally , after taking an absoloute battering , Ayr capitulate. with 92 minutes , 34 seconds on the clock, Panther runs at Campbell , and lays it into Miller 6 yards out. As the young striker pulls the trigger, Campbell recovers his composure to wipe him out with a vicious tackle which misses the ball entirely.

Up steps star striker Anthony Clark, 4 days after his 16th birthday , and slams home the penalty to the top left. Thistle off to a flyer , and any thoughts of relegation immediately removed from the Firhill faithfuls minds. This Jags team is going places. And for once , its places like Milan and Madrid , not Larbert and Cowdenbeath.

Livingston 3 - 2 Partick Thistle

And after the highs must come the lows. Not that much of a disappointment for the jags though, as they are anything but outplayed here, and are denied the points by a Postman howler , and some world class goalkeeping. Panther opens the scoring in 3 minutes , but goals from Pasquinelli (2) and McNamee give Livvy a 3-1 lead before Hunt gets on the scoresheet again in the 90th minute. Another promising show from a very young squad.

Partick 3 - 0 Aberdeen

And back at Firhill , the fans are given what they want. A real show! Aberdeen show up, but wish theyd stayed north drinking expensive whisky and having carnal relations the local flocks. First up on 21 minutes, Ricky Waddell absoloutely storms down the right wing , leaving the left back for dead , cuts in and shapes to shoot , before slamming it into the path of Manny Panther who side foots home from 6 yards. Amazingly , the Dons hold out until half time , but the 2nd goal is inevitable. Again its a mazy Waddell run bringing the left back to tears , but this time the cross is deeper , but the recipient the same , as Manny Panther heads home at the far post right on the hour mark. The fans are jubilant , the Dons fans pondering whether the hookers in Anderston are touting for business yet, and it gets worse. McGuinness withdraws Panther to a standing ovation to give new signing Tiago a game, and the little Brazilian impresses the fans with some cheeky flicks and tricks. Hes no Quinton Jacobs , but the boy could grow to have a place in the hearts of Thistle fans. And in 84 minutes , Thistle wrap up the points in route 1 style. A ball back to the keeper is laid out short to Madeira. He lofts it straight up 60 yards , and Miller jumps highest in the penalty area to close out the game at the near post.

Jags Boss singles out new signings as the start of a dynasty

Partick Thistle boss Stevie McGuinness today paraded new signings Enio and Tiago at Firhill, promising the fans big things from both players. Enio is apparently a cultured stopper in the mould of Thistle great Jim Duffy, whilst Tiago is a pacy little left winger signed from Gremio for an undisclosed fee. Little realising the comparisons that would be drawn by his choice of words , McGuinness confidently predicted that Tiago would "Put bums on Seats", forgetting the previous time those lines were spoken across the city by Liam Brady. In defence of his signing of an unknown Brazilian stopper, a mistake that yet another Green and White hooped manager had made previously , McGuinness said it was unfair to compare Enio to £5 million man Rafael Felipe Scheidt, adding that the youngster could tackle fiercely , pass well , head a ball , and wasnt a Brazilian international, and thus was a vastly superior player at 20 to the "Bag o' Scheidt" that had once played across the city.

Also into the club quietly has arrived cultured winger Scott Huckerby. The £30,000 wide man has been likened to Jags legend Chic Charnley for his ability to dazzle opposition defences with his quick feet and amazing trickery. Fortunately though, Huckerby claims he doesnt have Chico's temperament, and will do his talking with his feet, not his fists. Jags fans have yet to see the new boy in a competitive match, but he came unscathed through a 4-0 reserves win over Rangers , and looks likely to rotate in and out during the season with first choices Waddell and Panther.

Did I mention we beat Ayr? And they were Pish. Just like in real life icon_biggrin.gif

PETERHEAD TAKE A CHANCE ON GUNN

Peterhead FC board called a press conferance to announce the appoitment of there new manager.In a corner of safeways car park Mr Barry Gunn got introduced to the gathering crowds (2 old guys and a women with a dog).Speaking to the local newspaper Gunn said:-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Im going to have to get rid of alot of the old guys thats built up in my reserves but the board have gave me there full backing and i hope i can repay them with good performances on the pitch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When asked about his chances this year Gunn said:-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I dont think i will do much this year i need to get to know my team and for them to know me i need to get rid of alot of guys but everybody will get there chance if they are not good enough they will go <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When finally asked about the future Gunn was rather optimistic:-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It all depends how long it takes to get the house in order the quicker the better but if we can start building this year then you never know what can happen but ive got aims and goals and one is not to be in third division but you have to take one step at a time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Peterhead fans group didnt seem to happy with rather harsh words to say:-<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Barry who? Never heard of him he wont last till christmas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gunn will have alot of questions to answer if he dosnt make a big impact with the fans already expressing there anger at an unknown being put in charge but Gunn had a comment for the fans <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If this team is going to rise from the third division it needs the fans behind the club so lets get behind the team and concentrate on winning:-

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Only time will tell but alot of fans and pundits have written off Gunn already as this is his first job but if he can get them into top half of table they would quickly change there mind.With the season only days away there was no tansfers in or out so Gunn has to work with what he has so he has big job in hand as the team finished 3rd bottom last year.We spoke to Gunn after his first day at the training ground he said:-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Im not to happy with my squad after seeing them train there is a few guys that have a future but i think most players will be moved on as quick as possible <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Later on this week we will be doing a special on Mr Gunns first games in charge and what is happening on and off the pitch this is Billy Youngson repoting for the Buchan Observer

[This message was edited by redsardonyx on 27 April 2004 at 1:38.]

Queen Park Appoint Jones as New Boss

The Queens Park chairman surprised the fans and the local press today as he announced that Andy Jones will take over as manager. His credentials as a gaffer are unknown but it is understood he was the cheapest option available to the board therefore he was always going to be first choice. Jones said he was delighted to finally get a job after several years on the dole. With a 52500 seater stadium and good training facilities The Spiders are a team on the up.

First impressions of the squad were that it looked pretty strong in attack and midfield but the defence and goalkeepers position needed strengthened. With a transfer budget of £16k bosman frees were the order of the day as Jones snapped up the following players:

Craig Morgan - DC - Free (good all round defender)

Lee Hughes - DR - Free (pacy full back)

Jerel Ifil - DC - 12k (pacy, first choice DC)

James Stevenson - SC - Free (good back-up player)

Izale McLeod - SC - Free (Promising Striker)

Mark Johnston - GK - Free (Nothern Ireland U21 GK, good potential)

Mark Brown - MLC - Free (hard working midfielder)

The backroom staff don't look quite up to scratch but the club can't afford to sack them due to the large sums of compensation involved, however a couple of new coaches were brought in, as well as another scout. Hopefully the numpties that have been at the club can learn from the new guys.

The wage bill was also reduced by the new boss but it is still over budget, this will need to be sorted out in the near future.

The Season Begins

Albion Rovers 3-0 Queen's Park

Jones first game in charge was a disaster as The Spiders were brushed aside by a much fitter Albion Rovers team [/excuse]. A poor performance as few chances were created upfront and school boy errors committed at the back. Barrowman, Diack and Cross got the goals in this one sided affair.

Queens Park 2-1 ICT Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Things didn't look good for Queens Park as they conceded in the second minute after Lee Bullen beat the keeper to the ball and nodded in from a corner. The second half produced a better performance from the home side as they scored just after the whistle through Hodge. Cornelly scored the winner in the 90th minute after a dazzling run. Gretna awaits in the next round.

Berwick 1-2 Queens Park

2 goals from Hodge was enough for Queens here to secure the 3 points. Lee Boylan scored for Berwick but they couldn't find an equaliser.

Queens Park 5-0 Cowdenbeath

Great team performance as Queens ran out easy winners. A brace from Hodge in the first 10 minutes set them on their way before Kristjansson scored his first league goal of the season to make it 3-0. Goiv scored an own goal to make it four then just after half time Kristjansson added a 5th.

Gretna 5-7 Queens Park Challenge Cup Round 3

Thrilling match and a very open game as both teams defended poorly which therefore produced a lot of goalmouth acton. David O'Connor put the Hampden side ahead after 18 minutes. Cameron equalised then Gretna scored another 2 quick goals through Traore then Cameron again. Queens Park levelled the game before half time, goals coming from Kristjansson and Cornelly. Into the second half and O'Connor scored again to give the away team the lead for the second time. Kristjansson converted a penalty after 55 minutes to make it 5-3. Cameron completed his hat trick 11 minutes later but Mark Brown scored a volley from the edge of the area almost immediately afterwards to make it 6-4. Cameron pulled another one back but it wasn't enough as substitute McLeod scored the 12th goal of the game to book The Spiders a place in the next round.

Queens Park 4-0 Elgin

Hodge scored the first goal just before half time, Kristjasson got the second just after. The Icelandic international scored again with a free kick after 67 minutes. O' Connor scored a 4th just before the final whistle as Elgin seemed to run out of steam.

Overall a good start for Jones as his new team sit second in the league, 3 points behind Jim's Alloa who have won all their league games so far, and they are still in the Challenge Cup in which they face Airdrie Utd in the next round. Most impressive players so far have been Kristjansson, Hodge and Cornelly who have all been on top form, the defence haven't been at their best but thankfully they haven't needed to be as the finishing has been top drawer.

LoonsLogo.jpg

SOLID START LEAVES LOONS GAFFER GRATEFULL

Season 3 is now underway and the Loons have made a good steady start to what is going to be the toughest season yet. With a good preseason under our belts the team are challenging at the top of the division as the main promotion candidates become apparent. Its early days yet, but the team have a more experienced feel to it and looks more robust and determined for the challenge ahead. The few 1st team signings have settled well and the gamble of new skipper Ian Hughes has payed off, adding much needed influence to our defence.

After 3 league games Forfar sit in 3rd with a game in hand and are in touch with pace setters Clyde and other big clubs like Motherwell and Falkirk. Forfar a team more reknowned for its pacey attack and tricky wide men have conceded no goals in the League, or Europe and have qualified for the 1st round proper of the UEFA CUP after thrashing the beatroot eating Georgians of Lokomotivi Tiblisi 6-0 on aggregate. With the back 4 performing so robustly it proves that experience shows with the average age over 30. New Skipper Hughsie has partnered Alan Tate well along with wingbacks Jamie McQuilken and Lito. Yet again up front Oskarsson has carried the team, but a long term injury to strike partner Porhalsson has allowed oppertunity for back up strikers like Mike Murphy, david Clarkson and Porarinsson to stake a claim.

The challenge Cup is going well and the Loons are in the last 8 after demolishing St Mirren in the 2nd round. In Europe Maribor of Slovenia are our next port of call so the Loons have a good chance of reaching the 2nd round and drawing a big team to Station Park. The next session should give a better indication on how the league will go as Forfar visit the Human gaffers in the Division. Rumours of any departure from Station Park have bean quickly quelled by club officials, but when struggling SPL side Kilmarnock was mentioned gaffer Turps remianed silent. For now there's unfinished buisness at Station Park ,and all concentration and effort is on the next session, and hard games coming up against the division rivals.

Experiance tells us that the day's leading up to the opening whistle can develope into a nightmare, they drag and drag and seem neverending, but season 3 kick off was upon us like a flash, and before anyone realised the tackles were flying.

SEASON 3 - East Stirlingshire

Slam bang into the challenge cup 1st rnd tie away to Albion Rovers, cups have never been The Shire strong point and we were delighted to actually progress past the opening round with a convincing 2-4 away win, Our delight was short lived as playmaker Boyle was stretchered off with a knee injury near the close of play which was to result in him being sidelined for over a month, his recovery is still weeks away and we wish him a speedy return.

With the lge opener quickly approaching the treatment room was filling rapidly, and by the time Raith Rovers kicked off at Firs Park The Shire were missing three first team regulars. The match developed into an entertaining open encounter with chances falling to both sides. Raith grabbed the points with a 2-3 win.

CHALLENGE CUP: 2nd rnd.

Dumbarton came to Firs Park for this second round tie and found The Shire in impressive form, passing was crisp, movement intelligent and the home side were worthy 5-3 winners.

BUT we did let in another three goals, which seems to be a reoccurance of a defensive problem we had in season two, we are working on the solution but at this time the remedy is ellusive and we need to rectify this defensive fraility before the season progresses much further.

Ross County (A) The Shire claimed their first 3pts of the season with a 0-3 scoreline. Dont read much into the fact The Shire kept a clean sheet, County rarely threatened and The Shire midfield broke up any potential threat before it was able to manifest.

Morton (A) the home side came into this fixture with their teeth clenched and a combative attitude with a grim determination to battle it out, their three yellow's make testament to the fact they were perhaps a little too aggressive and it will only come back to haunt them as the points total mounts up. The 2-2 scoreline flattered them a little as The Shire done more than enough to win this match.

CHALLENGE CUP: 3rd rnd.

Airdrie Utd at Firs Park, this was an eagerly awaited tie by the Firs Park faithful, Airdrie are a side with a proven cup record and had ventured into Europe with mixed success.

The loss of influential defensive midfielder Hampshire to an early red card weakened the injury strewn Shire 'engine room' and boss Burnett was faced with two option's, throw on an extra defender and sit back hoping to hit the opposition on the break, a time honoured and often used tactic by The Shire or keep formation and fight it out, Burnett chose the latter.

And as expected the visitors had most of the possession but The Shire rose to the occassion and the 10 men gave as good as they got, losing at the end 2-3 but an impressive performance none the less.

And so ended our best cup run to date.

Brechin (H) The often used term 'backlash' springs to mind in summing up this league encounter, The Shire romped home with a decisive display of controlled football, Brechin scored twice, both good goals, but were never really in contention as The Shire netted six with striking sensation Naismith achieving another club record.

Next up the League cup and an away fixture at Airdrie Utd, should be interesting and would be a major achievement for this club if we could claim their scalp on their own patch. Cant really see it but we will give them a game.

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

***********NEWS******************

Arbroath A 1-1

Our first game in the first division was funnily enough against our old division two sparing partners Arbroath. With the team getting back to the beginning of match fitness manager Robertson was delighted when Elliot put the visiting side ahead. Arbroath proving last season to be a great side as expected were not going to lie down and fought back for the deserved share of the points. Any points away will be bonus this season so we were off to good start. Unfortunately Baltacha in our midfield got injured and will be out for a spell and will be missed, Kilmarnock also made a very good offer form him but manager Robertson rates him to highly to sell on just yet.

Transfer News:

Jose Carlos a creative minded midfielder has joined the club, we expect good things from him.

Cup CHALLENGE CUP: 2nd rnd.

Berwick A 2-4

With the diamonds scoring four good quality goals from O’Brian(M.O.M), Jaconelli, Logan and sub Gow this tie was safe. Berwick did fight back with two but manager Robertson still gave a run out to new signing Carlos and gave Williams and Gow much needed mach practise.

Motherwell H 3-1

This was going to be a great test of the team facing a quality side that should really be in the SPL. Two goals from Dunn and one from Eddie Logan(M.O.M) gave us our first win in Division one. Manager Robertson was pleased of the team performance but commented that his goalie may need to buck up his ideas to keep in the team line up and give a closer account to the effort and skill given by the rest.

Clyde A 1-0

A disappointing result given that Clyde were matched right up to a silly free kick icon_mad.gif given and an excellent free kick taken in the last ten minutes of the game. With Clyde

I think the team gave a good account of how hard we are to break down away from home and a good gauge to how we can play at this level.

CHALLENGE CUP: 3rd rnd.

East Stirling A 2-3

A great cup result with Logan, Elliot (M.O.M) and Dunn all hiting the back of the net. It could have been more were it not for some offside decisions, but hey East Stirling gave a good account of themselves with only ten men and scoring twice. Carlos and Gow got a run out from the bench.

St.Johnstone H 3-0

An easy victory with Barry Elliot (M.O.M) in outstanding from with his goal and with Gow and Logan also scoring the points were in the bag. All the sub’s were given a run out and Carlos looks to be getting stronger with each outing. A good three points to keep us up the table.

Sean Williams was called up to the Scotland U21’s squad.

Next Match

League cup next East Stirlingshire

This will be interesting! icon_biggrin.gif

gretna-banner.jpg

Mixed session in terms of results as the performaces can't be faulted well perhaps the performace of the defence can be questioned, however the boys are a new partnership and will take time to gel and learn each others game.

However the defeat against Brechin and Queens Park can't be excused considering the amount of poession we had in both games and the chances that were squandered. Overall i am impressed with the way we have started the league campaign and i'm sure if we continue to play to our strenghts we will be challenging come the end of the season.

Results<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Glebe Park - Brechin 4 - 3 Gretna

Cogan pen 11 O'Donovon 18

Jackson 45 Jeffs 28

Templeman 63 Cameron 45

Hampshire 74

Challenge Cup 2nd - Raydale - Gretna 4 - 1 Clyde

Cameron 4,13,90 Oliver 3

O'Donovon 47

Raydale - Gretna 4 - 1 Montrose

Cameron 29,73 Shields 90

Pritchard 45

O'Donovan 57

The Rock - Dumbarton 1 - 1 Gretna

Flannery 77 Jeffs 34

Challenge Cup 3rd - Raydale - Gretna 5 - 7 Queens Park

Cameron 20,29 O'Connor 18,49

66 71 Kristjansson 32,pen 55

Traore 26 Cornelly 45

Brown 70

McLeod 88

Raydale - Gretna 6 - 0 Q.O.S.

Laurie 15

Davies 17,25

Holder 24

Cameron 30

Jeffs 35

</pre>

Players In<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

5.6.2005 Smith, Darren Berwick Free

5.6.2005 Jones, Richard Southampton £1K

22.6.2005 Robertson, Michael Free Transfer Free

22.6.2005 Bullock, Darren Free Transfer Free

22.6.2005 Brown, Scott Free Transfer Free

23.6.2005 Gallagher, Ross Free Transfer Free

24.6.2005 Webb, Rob Free Transfer Free

3.7.2005 Collett, Benjamin Free Transfer Free

8.8.2005 Gibson, Andy Partick Thistle £0 - P/Ex

17.8.2005 Pritchard, Gareth Farnborough £2K

19.8.2005 Fisher, Leon Spartans £0 - P/Ex

20.8.2005 Dempsie, Mark St. Mirren Free

22.8.2005 Lumsden, Todd Hamilton £5K

24.8.2005 Goodhind, Warren Cambridge £4K

29.8.2005 Laurie, Carl Cowdenbeath £5K

Total £17K

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

5.6.2005 Allan, James Berwick Free

12.6.2005 O'Neill, Paul Free Transfer Free

26.6.2005 Cosgrove, Stephen Edinburgh City £20K

1.7.2005 Maddison, Lee Harrow Boro Free

8.7.2005 Benjamin, Alex Barrow £5K

8.8.2005 Huckerby, Scott Partick Thistle £30K - P/Ex

19.8.2005 Skelton, Gavin Spartans £2K - P/Ex

30.8.2005 Howell, Lee Forfar £75K

Total £130K

Loans In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

26.6.2005 Stevens, Ben Rangers Loan

27.6.2005 Jeffs, Ian Crewe Loan

6.7.2005 O'Donovan, Roy Falkirk Loan

27.8.2005 Taylor, Cleveland Bolton Loan

Total £0

arbroath.jpg

We always knew that this was going to be one helluva a tough season, and it was only a matter of time before reality hit home. Another Cup tie, this time the League Cup, and a 2-0 loss in Perth. I don't know why we bother tbh.

Back in the league, and a relegation battle with Stenhousemuir that we really should have won, but utter stupidity from keeper Mark Peat gifted the home side a point. Still, an away point is better than nothing.

An away point was not something forthcoming at Fir Park, as we finally saw our unbeaten league run come to a shuddering halt. We were absolutely dire as Motherwell ran riot, ending up 3-0 winners.

Another big game at home to local rivals Forfar, which ended 3-2 to the visitors. It should have been 3-3, but Ryan Green fluffed a penalty, but the truth is, the 3-2 flattered us.

Away again to St Johnstone, and this time we pulled off a narrow, but absolutely vital, 3-2 win to record our first away victory, and keep us well above the relegation line.

A final match at home to promotion chasing Clyde, and a fine strike from Oliver Parker gave us a pleasing 1-0 win, and after the first quarter of the season, we sit in a respectable 5th place with 13 points. There is still obviously a long way to go, and we need to improve our performances, but if we ended 5th it would be a great achievement and I'd happily take that now.

PETERHEAD THE START OF A NEW ERA

With no summer signings alot of people was questioning what Gunn was going to do with a whole squad of duds as he aims to finish higher than 7th place where they were placed last year with the finances looking grim(250k in the red)Gunn did pull off some signings once the season began the top one being Charlie King a 16k buy from Turps(Forfar) but Gunn wont see him till January 1st.Gunn was delighted he could tempt a player of Kings ability to Balmoor he said"Any player who has played so well in division two then can be in a first division squad has to be a massive asset to Peterhead I have spent most the budget on this guy so im looking for instant results but i know what this guy can do and will help us alot in division three"Gunn also brought two frees to the club once the season started Gary Mckenzie a 15year old defender and Michael McGovern a young goalkeeper freed by Celtic so both players that have a future at the club.Gunn has been sending his scout on missions and has drawn up a shortlist of names he wants on board by next year with the board wanting Gunn to sort out the squad for next year there is no pressure this year for a high finish but Gunn still wont be happy unless they finish in top half of league"i plan to get alot of guys out in january to free up some wages for more players who will do a job for the club the current bunch have about 5 players that will be staying the rest can leave for nothing ive told them that,i expect alot to be moved on in january"Gunn was very excited about sitting in the blue toon dugout for the first time and it showed as he waved to the fans before the game"I just hope me and the fans are still this excited at the end of the season i think im starting to win them over and a good result in the first game would do me no harm"Here is the rundown of Gunns first matches in the job:-

PETERHEAD 3 STIRLING 2

A stunning start for the blue toon Bavidge Brown and Bradley getting Peterhead off to a dream start the board were quick to say well done to Gunn.

ELGIN C 2 PETERHEAD 2

Bavidge with two well taken strikes looked to have bagged the three points until Elgin stole a draw in the last 10 mins with two quick goals.

PETERHEAD 1 ALLOA 2

Bavidge scoring what was only a consolation goal as Alloa dominated from start to finish Alloa look real good for promotion this year.

STRANRAER 0 PETERHEAD 0

zzzzzzzzzz watched paint dry during second half more exciting.

MOTHERWELL 3 PETERHEAD 1

The league cup run ended before it started as first division Motherwell were a diffarent class to Peterhead Gunn was happy with Bavidge for his goal.

PETERHEAD 4 EAST FIFE 0

Brown Robertson Bavidge and Cusick were the scorers as Peterhead dominated from the first till last whistle great performance.

QUEENS PARK 3 PETERHEAD 0

Despite the score peterhead had a good first half but were second to everything second half and lost 3 goals in the second half"just not good enough from the defence they stoped playing at about 70 mins"said Gunn after the defeat.

PETERHEAD 1 BERWICK 0

A Brown pen was enough to see off Berwick as Peterhead manage to restore morale after the last defeat.

COWDENBEATH 3 PETERHEAD 3

Davis with two stunning long range drives and a Bavidge goal made this a good game to watch but sloppy defending will have both managers thinking they could have won it.

ALLOA 2 PETERHEAD 2

Peterhead played out of there skin for this one and were unlucky not to win it goals by Sim and Bavidge were enough for a point but alot of missed chance by Peterhead cost them the match.

After 10 games the supporters are behind Gunn and the board are happy and even Gunn is happy "if we manage to finish in the top half of the table it will be a good stepping stone for next year we wont give up this year but realisticly its next year that the board expect me to sort the team out by so ill stick to there plan and just do what i can this year but to be third is great and ill enjoy it while it lasts."With a quarter of the season gone there is a long way to go but things are looking up at Balmoor and Gunn could be the man to lead them on to the next step.

LoonsLogo.jpg

BASHED BY BEETROOT!

Despite a descent Session last night, and Forfar maintaining their unbeaten league status, there is a little dissapointment in the dressing room after the UEFA Cup dream has come to an abrupt end. Maribor of Slovenia have dashed the loons hopes in the 2nd round after scraping a 2-1 victory against luckless Forfar. The damage was done in the 1st away leg where defensive mistakes cost us 2 goals . At Station park We always had a chance, but all hopes of clawing back the deficit were dashed when aggressive ball winner Billy 'Psycho' Macdonald was red carded for yet another rash challenge. Safe to say that with only 10 men it was asking too much to grab another goal, yet the Loons were unlucky as they bombarded the beatroot eating side from the eastern block, but alas to no avail. The whole experience has been fantastic for our small club and no one will forget our little foray into european football. Maybe one day the Loons will get another chance to play at this level, but for now there are more realistic targets to aim for, and on that front things are going well!

League wise the club sits unbeaten after a quarter of the season. The Loons have played every club in the division and have 6 wins and 3 draws after 9 games. There have been no easy games and everyone a battle, and boss Turps expects things to go right to the wire with a long way to go yet. In these early games the Loons have defended superbly only conceding 3 goals from the 1st nine games. Upfront the Loons have been potent as ever scoring 17 with Oskarsson the man doing most the damage. Main games so far have been a close and tricky victory over promotion rivals Motherwell who were narrowly beaten 2-1 @ Station Park. A plucky 0-0 draw away to negative Clyde was another key result as was a 0-0 stalemate at Falkirk. The rest of the games have seen descent victories with only Arbroath causing us problems, when they nearly nicked a point , only to miss a penalty in the final stages 3-2. The only loss of sorts was in the challenge Cup were a fluky penalty enabled Morton to knock us out in the semi final. With 2 of the 5 competitions now over, everyone at the club can get back to the buisness of winning the league. Clinching the only promotion spot and title is the only aim!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Sat, 6.8.2005 | 15:00 | H | Alloa | Challenge Cup 1st Rnd | | 5 : 0 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Mon, 8.8.2005 | 19:30 | H | Forfar Reserves | Friendly | | 2 : 1 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 13.8.2005 | 15:00 | H | Inverness C. Thistle | First Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Thu, 18.8.2005 | 19:45 | A | Lokomotivi Tbilisi | UEFA Cup Qual.Rnd Leg 1 | | 1 : 0 |

| Sun, 21.8.2005 | 15:00 | A | St. Mirren | First Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Wed, 24.8.2005 | 19:30 | A | St. Mirren | Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 27.8.2005 | 15:00 | H | Falkirk | First Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Thu, 1.9.2005 | 19:45 | H | Lokomotivi Tbilisi | UEFA Cup Qual.Rnd Leg 2 | | 5 : 0 |

| Sat, 17.9.2005 | 15:00 | A | Elgin | Challenge Cup 3rd Rnd | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 21.9.2005 | 19:30 | H | Morton | Challenge Cup Semi Final | | 0 : 1 |

| Sat, 24.9.2005 | 15:00 | H | Motherwell | First Division | | 2 : 1 |

| Wed, 28.9.2005 | 19:45 | A | Maribor | UEFA Cup 1st Rnd Leg 1 | | 0 : 2 |

| Sat, 1.10.2005 | 15:00 | A | Clyde | First Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 5.10.2005 | 19:30 | A | Arbroath | First Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Sat, 8.10.2005 | 15:00 | A | Airdrie Utd | First Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 12.10.2005 | 19:30 | A | Stenhousemuir | First Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 19.10.2005 | 19:45 | H | Maribor | UEFA Cup 1st Rnd Leg 2 | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 22.10.2005 | 15:00 | H | St. Johnstone | First Division | | 3 : 0 |

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Hi all,

sorry for no showing last night, but explained to Rosco last session about it, couldn't be helped, looking forward to Monday's session now as i need my cm fix.

cheers

Iain<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ur 3rd bottom and looking like getting your jotters , how the Ton ever beat the Loons in the Chal Cup Semi I'll never know icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Hi all,

sorry for no showing last night, but explained to Rosco last session about it, couldn't be helped, looking forward to Monday's session now as i need my cm fix.

cheers

Iain<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ur 3rd bottom and looking like getting your jotters , how the Ton ever beat the Loons in the Chal Cup Semi I'll never know icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

could it have been by them scoring more times than your loons side? icon_cool.gif Uncle powlay knows all!

Hi all,

sorry for no showing last night,

cheers

Iain<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOU BEAT FORFAR in the cup...my advice to you Iain is STAY AWAY icon14.gif

EAST STIRLING

Hearts & Souls

The ingredients(?) required for a championship winning side...every one knows...but few would contemplate those essential qualities would be evident in a 'Shire' side struggling against injury whilst trying to ensure the pundit favourite's for the title couldnt break away.

PRIDE swells in the heart every time this lowley side take the field, they may go fail, but Lord in heaven they go down fighting.

AIRDRIE LGE CUP 1st Rnd:

There was no option for 'Shire' boss Burnett he had to try and stop a rout, At this stage of the 'SHIRE' developement teams such as Airdrie Utd are a mild distraction, 'The Shire' were never going to win this tie, circumstances had prevailed against them with four first team regulars missing and starry eyed teenagers puking their guts before the teams left the dressing room, the options were limited.

The 2-1 scoreline may have flattered 'The Shire' but the spirit was strong and the self belief came too late to make any impact in the tie.

Montrose (A) Losing an early goal 'The Shire' were always chasing this game, few chances and a fixture where both sides canceled out each other.

1-0 Lose

Dumbarton (H) and 'The Shire' unleashed their secret weapon for this lge campaign, young English DMC Hayward, a product of the SHIRE youth academy ( and future Engerland star) netted 4 goals, three from set pieces, in a club record win 8-1.

"As soon as the lad was passed on to me from the academy. i earmarked him for the tricky DMC position which is pivitol to the 'SHIRE' tactical formation. I have no doubt that if he remains healthy, he is going to contribute to tis clubs successs."

Queen O' South (A) 3-4 Just scraped a win at this fixture, the ease with which goals were lost is STILL a mystery to SHIRE ' boss Burnett.

Hamilton (A) 1-0 this was the 'Shire's' hardest game to date, rarely, correction very rarely were the visitors in a goal scoring position. "Usually we get a couple of chances" said Burnett " But we were just not in the game"

Gretna (H)

With the end of season massacre that was the Gretna 2-7 win over 'The Shire' in Falkirk, which cost East Stirling the Lge title, fresh in his mind, Boss Burnett was obviously anxious.

"****ting masel to be more accurate"

The resulting 5-2 win for the home side was was way beyond expectation, 'The Shire' players and manager could not believe Gretna were so ineffective, they rarely threatened 'The Shire' goal, and never produced the pressure we have comne to expect from them.

its early day's I know but I keep underestimating this 'SHIRE' side, I really need to take a few steps back and punch masel in the pus, and wake up to the fact that the only thing stopping me winning the SCOTTISH 2nd Div is ......ME

Queens Park Update

Latest Results

Partick 2-1 Queens Park League Cup 1st Round

A pretty even match as both sides created a few clear cut chances. Hodge put Queens park ahead on 50 minutes after good build up and an excellent Tony Scott assist. Queens Park got more nervous as the game progressed and lost 2 goals in quick succession as the defence seemed to lose their concentration, Waddell scored after a nice run then Buchan 3 minutes later to put Partick into the next round.

Alloa 3-0 Queens Park

The league leaders dominated and fully deserved to win. Queens Park only had 2 chances in the game and didn't take either. Alloa had plenty and scored 3: Mark Hughes got one and on-loan forward Adam Muller the other 2. Mark Brown was sent off in the 90th minute to add to Queens Park's misery.

Queens Park 3-1 Airdrie Utd Challenge Cup

Back to winning ways for the Spiders here. It was a close match that went into extra time. Hodge put Queens Park ahead after 16 minutes, both sides had chances and it wasn't really a surprise when Alan Gow equalised for Airdrie in the 68th minute. With the scores level after 90 minutes, extra time was played and QP dominated, McLeod and O'Connor got the goals that would send them into the final where they will face Morton.

Queens Park 3-0 Peterhead

This match took a while to get going as few chances where created in the first half. Substitute Izale McLeod livened things up in the second half as he put Queens Park ahead in the 70th minute. Peterhead fell apart as Kristjansson and Morgan added 2 more in the closing few minutes.

Stranraer 2-4 Queens Park

An exciting match as Queens Park took the lead after a McLeod penalty before Stranraer equalised almost immediatley through Steve Slade. The home side took the lead in the 32nd minute when Kevin Finlaystone ran past the Qp defence with ease and placed the ball past Mark Johnstone. McLeod managed to equalised though just before half time. Into the second half Qp's finishing was poor until Kristjansson came on - he scored after some heavy pressure from the away team on 80 minutes. He scored again from 60 yards 10 minutes later when the Stranraer goalkeeper went up for a corner and didn't make it back to his goal on time.

Queens Park 2-0 East Fife

2-0 going on 6-0 here as QP totally dominated play. Although this was the case they didn't score until the 65th minute when the keeper parried a Kristjansson shot and he easily finished with the rebound. Sub Colin Hodge wrapped up the game in the 79th minute.

Cowdenbeath 1-6 Queens Park

Another great performance from Queens Park as Izale McLeod ran the show scoring 4 goals and geting man of the match.Hodge and Brown scored the others. This was the Spiders 5th league win in a row and they now look good for promotion even at this early stage.

With about a quarter of the season gone Queens Park lie in 2nd place, 1 point behind Alloa. Both teams have a significant gap over the 3rd place spot and will battle it out for 1st place.

Meanwhile in the cup competitions Queens Park got eliminated in the first round of the League Cup but have a cup final to look forward to.

South Korean U21 forward Lee San joined the club on a free transfer signing a 2 year contract, he will add depth to the squad. Also confirmed is the capture of central midfielder Scott Rodgers who will join on 1st January on a free transfer from Forest Green. Jones will continue to search for free players to strengthen the squad and it is also reported he has sent his scout to Iceland to find a new wonderkid.

New signing Izale McLeod has impressed the new boss after forcing his way into the first team. Jones said "At the start of the season I was expecting him to pay second fiddle to Kristjansson and Hodge but he has done realy well and scored a few goals coming off the bench. However, he is young and it will be interesting to see how he copes being first choice striker along with Kristjansson."

wasplogo.gif

Alloa bl00dy hell I thought you said 'Aloha' - Hawaii seemed a nice place to manage a football club icon_biggrin.gif

A new manager for Alloa it was to be then, Season 3 in the Clan game it was to be then, a humping from Forfar in my 1st game, it was to be then.

We started with 5 friendlies and with winning 4 of them things looked good but the acid test was to come.

Alloa 0 Forfar 5

We held them for 60mins but it was inevitable that we would lose as we were totally outplayed and so it was as we were gubbed in the last 30 mins. I knew that we were no match for the main clan gaffers and expect a few more gubbings before my lads are on a par with these lads.

The D3 league though is realistically where we are at and the aim is promotion no more, no less. The good news for Alloa is that with the signing policy of players with pace and power we have made an excellent start winning our first 7 games on the trot. The wheels came off a bit towards the end with 1 defeat and a draw but we are top and that is always a good position to be in. icon_smile.gif It was funny playing Ghod's team Stirling because he definately appeared to have a tactic that was in league with the devil. icon_wink.gif

The result of notice in the League was my 14-0 icon_eek.gif victory, I have never played in a game where the goalie gets a 1 and the back four get 12 in total. we scored in all but 2 of our attacks with 7 of the goals being scored by young debutant Hird.

Alloa 2-0 Stranraer

Alloa 4-2 Stirling

Alloa 2-1 Peterhead

Alloa 1-0 East Fife

Alloa 3-0 Queen's Park

Alloa 3-1 Berwick

Alloa 14-0 Cowdenbeath icon_biggrin.gif

Alloa 0-5 Albion icon_frown.gif

Alloa 2-2 Peterhead

The Cups are not really of much interest but each victory does mean much needed money into the coffers and we have performed rather well in the League Cup. In the 1st round we emptied those nancy boys of Kilmarnock 4-3 aet. In Round 2 it was Chris's Motherwell and much to my surprise we gave them a bit of a doin' (obviously he is not one of the quality gaffers) 5-0 was the score btw.

Cya on Monday.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoyicon_smile.gif

The result of notice in the League was my _14-0_ icon_eek.gif victory, I have never played in a game where the goalie gets a _1_ and the back four get _12_ in total. we scored in all but 2 of our attacks with 7 of the goals being scored by young debutant Hird.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be warned Jimbo we are watching you icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoyicon_smile.gif

The result of notice in the League was my _14-0_ icon_eek.gif victory, I have never played in a game where the goalie gets a _1_ and the back four get _12_ in total. we scored in all but 2 of our attacks with 7 of the goals being scored by young debutant Hird.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be warned Jimbo we are watching you icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For what? icon_smile.gif

HE RETURNS!!!

Ferret man rides again! (unlike coist!)

Yo guys how do?

Im all settled now and ready to return to the forefront of online scottish football!

just awaiting my new broadband isp to send out my modem and set up kit, im on tiscali but do you guys know of any cheaper deals? im looking for a decent 1meg service ideally, i hear bulldog are good?? any thoughts??

anyway TURPS! could you start to apply me for any free jobs that come up in the league?? ill take anything even coistys cast offs!

Hopefully see you guys by thursday but it depends on how slow my isp are at sending out my gear!

SY

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

_HE RETURNS!!!_

Ferret man rides again! (unlike coist!)

Yo guys how do?

Im all settled now and ready to return to the forefront of online scottish football!

just awaiting my new broadband isp to send out my modem and set up kit, im on tiscali but do you guys know of any cheaper deals? im looking for a decent 1meg service ideally, i hear bulldog are good?? any thoughts??

anyway TURPS! could you start to apply me for any free jobs that come up in the league?? ill take anything even coistys cast offs!

Hopefully see you guys by thursday but it depends on how slow my isp are at sending out my gear!

SY<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Archived