The Scottish Clan 03/04 Netgame!

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

St. Mirren A 0-2

A good result and effort from the team with Elliot (M.O.M) in outstanding form with his two goals. Ben Andrews held the back line with an impressive performance to give us a clean sheet and the three points.

Transfer News.

John Fitter from Hamilton

Lee Camp GK from Gillingham

Forfar A 1-2

A shock result to say the least with both Eddie Logan (M.O.M) and Elliot scoring to secure the three points. With both O’Brian and Lee Camp our new goalie getting injured early doors we still had the class to beat the form team in the division on there own patch. Manager Robertson commented “ A great performance that shows that we can compete with the best in this division, Forfar we favourites going into the game but our hard work and skill just shows that teams will take points off even the top team. I’m very pleased in fact it was a joy to watchâ€

(Due to server error or Turps kicking his Mac we pished ourselves thinking we would have to replay this match)

Arbroath A 0-0

A rather dull game with both teams getting the deserved point in the end; this could get interesting with back to back games as we have Arbroath next in the cup. Both teams looked evenly matched even with us missing a few sitters.

Next cup game Scottish cup!

Arbroath H 1-1 Cup

Arbroath scored first and looked like taking the win till Docherty let rip his equalizer. Jose Carlos or wing wizard was (M.O.M) and caused Arbroath no end of trouble. Airdrie missed a few great chances that could be costly and we really should be doing better on our own patch with us controlling most of the game.

Arbroath re-play A 1-0

With our last two outings being draws it was always going to be close, Arbroath scored the all important goal and Airdrie were left trying to hit back to no avail. This has been a punishing period and has left the team with a few injuries with three games in a row and every game a fight. I wish Arbroath all the luck and hope they get to the final and get some cash.

Clyde A 6-0

A bit of a mauling and obviously the cost of the schedule we have just had. Airdrie missing O’Brian, Jose Carlos, Watson, Horn and with Elliot and Jaconelli, Dunn Logan looking like the walking dead it was no surprise that this happened. The whole team will take time to recover. Manager Robertson commented “ I cant blame the team, the whole squad has been under pressure and looked tired due to the cup games. It’s a disappointment both score wise and the fact Ben Andrews got injured early on, both Lee Camp and John Fitter came in and maybe that was a bit to soon for them.â€

PS

SY not long now, I hate waiting on things in the post. Chin up and hope you get it soon.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arbroath.jpg

Having just lost at home to the bottom team, we now had a chance to redeem ourselves and get back on the winning trail against the second bottom side, as we travelled to managerless Inverness. A 26th minute Nick Jackson goal sent us on our way, but just 2 minutes later the home side were level, and before half time they were ahead as we slipped into mediocrity once more. It seemed we were heading for another stupid defeat, when Nick Jackson struck again 12 minutes from time, and in injury time, substitute Peter Edwards responded to my public critique by netting the winner.

Away to Falkirk and a much easier game. Ebanks-Blake hit two first half goals, before Edwards came off the bench once more to add a third and we came away with an all too easy 3-1 win against a side who probably feel they should be where we are or higher.

A couple of huge matches next, as we faced local derbies in the League & Cup. At home to a Forfar side who were running away with the title, a great free kick from 15 year old defender Scott Craig sent us ahead after half an hour, and for once we were looking much the better side. Inevitably though, Forfar's jammieness was kick in, and two minutes from time a fluke strike by one of their Iceland hoarde seemed to give them a totally undeserved point. Nick Jackson had other ideas as he headed home in the dying seconds to give us the win our play had so richly deserved.

Away to Brechin, and with the bookies making the home side laughable favourites, we proceeded to rip the pish out of them. Ebanks-Blake hit a brace and Edwards grabbed a 3rd, and although it could have been more, it's always nice to won two local derbies on a row. Now if only Montrose hadn't been utterly ruined by that Dogs bloke, we could have had a hattrick!

The draw for the Quarter Finals of the Cup would see us face Partick or Celtic, and sadly for us our players would not get to meet the mighty Partick and their positively ancient team their manager thinks are young. So we'll just have to make to do with a trip to Park Celtic and console ourselves with some nice money.

Away to the ever stubborn Stenhousemuir, and a boring game ended 0-0, and away to Motherwell it took a first ever goal from another 15 year old, Craig Cosgrove, who has come into the team in recent weeks and played like a veteran, to earn us a point.

A final game at home to Clyde saw Peter Edwards fire in the only goal of the game against a side who look average at best, despite the big reputation of their manager icon_razz.gif But the truth is, despite lying 3rd and with a half decent chance of coming second, there is simply nothing to play for league wise. Its looking like we will now finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and although that's an excellent achievement for a side in which most of the players haven't even left school yet (and putting Bod's so called 'youths' to shame), its exceptionally unfair that the SPL are too scared to allow at least a play off spot for 2nd. Its the least Airdrie or ourselves deserve. (Clyde deserve nothing icon_razz.gif)

THINGS LOOKING UP FOR PETERHEAD

With Peterhead in third place in January you can see Gunn has made a diffarence but some stupid defending has cost them the chance of challenging for promotion as Queens Park and Alloa look to hold on to them places.The blue toon are building themselves a good platform to build on and with the free transfer of former Millwall player Mark Goodman it gives them plenty of options in attack.Between now and summer Gunn will be looking to shore up his defence and bring some consistancy to the team that have lacked form away Gunn said"I Havent been happy with my defence all season i have targets that are out my price range but something has to be done if we are serious about going up next year." It was a good session overall for Peterhead but the blue toon will be glad to see the back of Jim and his Alloa boys but Gunn wishes him well in division 2 next year. here is this session results:-

PETERHEAD 4 ALLOA 7

This says it all about the defence one was sent off one scored a o.g and one gave away a penalty but Alloa have been the best team in this division all season and showed it on this performance Goodman scored on his debut and Bavidge scored a hat-trick but Alloa have been brilliant all year and well deserve the title.

STRANREAR 2 PETERHEAD 2

After a heavy beating it would be hard to lift the team for this game but Robertson and King gave Peterhead a share of the spoils.

PETERHEAD 4 EAST FIFE 0

A good performance all round as Peterhead showed they can play well when they want to dominating from start to finish Goodman,Bavidge,Rice and Rennie scoring the goals setting them up well for a trip to Hampden to face 2nd placed Queens Park.

QUEENS PARK 1 PETERHEAD 3

I think Peterhead surprised themselves here as they won in style goals from Goodman,Bavidge and King stole the show for Peterhead after the match Gunn said"King has been a good signing for us he is starting and finishing alot of moves we are pleased to have him here and will be looking to build a squad around him."

PETERHEAD 3 ALBION R 0

Peterhead are playing with confidence just now and it shows another fine win here with goals from Nicholls,Robertson and Goodman have Peterhead fans and board hoping they can keep Gunn here for a long time.

PETERHEAD 3 BERWICK 2

A close game but Peterhead showing they have players who wont give up for 90 mins Davis scoring one of his long range netbusters again Nicholls and Goodman securing a hard fought win.

Peterhead now looking like a team that could challenge for promotion but its all to little to late for the blue toon and they will be looking forward to next year to try again.

FERRET MAN IN LAST MINUTE SIGN ON SCANDAL!

Yes just a note to say i will return in full on thursday night! turps whats the chances of you windin up the mac early for me to get some organisation going??

Cheers

Sy

I'm afraid I'll be missing the next two sessions.

Thurs 13th and Mon 17th

I'll be away for a much needed break. Life in the managerial hotseat is so stressful.

I hope to return to a promoted Raith Rovers and a new managerial position....somewhere icon_biggrin.gif

Back in a week.

Ally

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

_FERRET MAN IN LAST MINUTE SIGN ON SCANDAL!_

Yes just a note to say i will return in full on thursday night! turps whats the chances of you windin up the mac early for me to get some organisation going??

Cheers

Sy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Up at 7pm old mucker icon14.gif

Conratulations your clan has been awarded FMO "established clan" status.

This position will be reviewed in 3 mos time. You have had a FMO stamp placed on your opening clan post to highlight this, and when the forum outlook gets done over the next month your thread link and website will be highlighted in the forum header.

So well done chaps, kutgw icon_smile.gif

Goldy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

What happened to my sacked , appointed , appointed post?

Is it because I had 2 pics? icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye but you're a dud and besides you know you got sacked Iain didn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

ok now I'm really confussed, did I get sacked yes / no ?

answers on a postcard to....

Bod say yes Gaz says yes then no

ahhhhhhhh the stress of management is killing me here help ?????

icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes u got sacked and join the elite section of DUD's who have not got a scoob. Also we managed to get a few games after you left. What club are you gonna make a coo's arse of now Iain icon_razz.gif

I'll try and find a new club on thursday, there must be some club out there desperate enough to take me one and shatter their confidence fill there team with 3rd rate freebies, and try tactics that aint ever gonns work.

One of these days I'll get it right, but at the end of the day I'm not the only dud and thats what keeps me going, you know who you all are, I'm crap and I'm pround icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Yeah iain!

I propose we start a dud clan!

who is the dudest of them all!

Sy icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me and my Peterhead team will be challenging for that top dud spot icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh what a tangled web we weave when we pratice to deceive <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The end of last season I was sitting happy at Hamilton...having taken over from a good manager who had left the club in good condition. However a schoolie error and then trying to convince anyone who would listen to the contrary I ended up at player and money ravaged Stirling Albion.

Sav and the rest of the vultures had stripped this once 2nd division champions of all their top players....so with many bad signings on freebies the 3rd division started....POORLY!

A poor run of results left Albion in 6th position 6 points off bottom and 14 points off promotion. The boards highly unrealistic ambition to gain promotion was always going to come back and haunt me! A 5-3 away defeat at the hands of Chapions elect in the Scottish Cup saw the end of a brief managerial tenure and my 1st official CM Scots Clan humiliation! If i am one of the duds I had just given the proof.

A few weeks on the dole and then came the call from a managerless Ross County. Don Hutchison had guided them to bottom of the 2nd division little hope of survival. The county board sent for the FALSE messiah!

An away relegation battle was 1st up against 2nd bottom Dumbarton (my away record is as goods as any Black Lace record from the 80's ie pish poor) a fighting 0-0 draw showed the potential but also the lack of goalscoring prowess in the team.

With the transfer window opened I swooped to sign David Clarkson and Hugo from 1st Division Champions Forfar. I also turned to Sav for some goalscoring help and managed to get a hold of McLean and Bell on loan. Chris Finnigan ex of ICT came as well. Ambitious bids for a couple of Premier reserve wingers went without success. However I was left with a squad who would fight tooth and nail to get me out of the trouble.

The next game was another away ticket to mid table Brechin and although I managed a few goals I leaked a couple in a 4-2 defeat. Then came 2nd division runaway leaders East Stirling and again a battling performance saw us lose 2-0. However the signs were ther that the County could move up and into safety.

We then had a run of 3 important games...a 1-1 draw with QOS was followed by a very important 2-1 win over fellow strugglers Morton and a 4-1 humping of Brechin.

County are now within striking distance of Morton with Hamilton putting together a string of wins. We will struggle against the likes of the Gretnas and Raiths but will be hard to beat as we strive to get out of trouble.

So watch out 2nd Division we are trying to move up and build for next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GHOD1:

_

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we pratice to deceive <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> _

OOOOh are you a poet! icon_wink.gif

SY

ClanHeader.jpg

### game up tonight at 7pm for the benefit of Sy adn any other Dud gaffers who need time to sort our their crappy clubs. We start at 8pm at usual time and with transfer window well closed will hopefully see many games played as we only have a few sessions left in season 3. everyone in the clan welcomes back SY, good luck at the buddies and for all the other 'dud gypo's' get it right up ye! ###

P.s £10 says Ally 'Gypo Dud' Shaw will be next to get his jotters any takers? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

cheers lads queing up to give me the good news eh, bod let me know last night on msn.

Can't say i'm surprised, I'd have sacked me, i was pants, almost as bad as Chris there.

Oh well

/nick Iain-P45

the hunt for a new club to destroy begins icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need an assistant to do the youth squad. Plenty of kids there with more talent than your "Star" players had icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

Motherwell H 4-0

Airdrie controlled the game completely in this four goal trouncing of the Well. Elliot (M.O.M) was his usual outstanding self and scored two great goals with Devine and Jaconelli also on the score sheet. After the Clyde game in which most of the team were tired this seems to be just the tonic.

St. Johnstone H 3-0

Manger Robertson was delighted with the score line and again another first class performance with Jaconelli (M.O.M) Eddie Logan and Devine all hitting the back of the net. Lee Camp and John Fitter got a run out from the bench.

Stenhousemuir H 3-0

The Diamonds are on good form with Elliot (M.O.M) on fire with two goals and Logan getting the third. The 24 goals Elliot has scored this season is a new club record and one we hope he can improve on. Lee camp again got a run out off the bench and looks like he is getting better all the time in goal.

Inverness C.T away 0-2

Manager Robertson shook the new Manager of I.C.T after he had just played Chris in the Motherwell seat a few weeks back, he gets about a fair bit or boy Chris….Anyway it might be a new start for him but it looked the same old story with Airdrie winning the match but it took to the 73rd minute to break I.T.C down with two good goals form Elliot (M.O.M) and Baltacha.

St. Mirren H 3-0

Our home form has been superb and when Elliot (M.O.M) with his two goals is in the mood not many can stop him. Stuart Devine also scored to make it a fine display that the fans can be happy with.

Falkirk A 3-2

An injury to Elliot and Baltacha caused a reshuffle before the 24 minute mark and further still O’Brian picked up a nock and had to play on. Elliot scored before being subbed in the 16th and Jaconelli made it a good attempt to try and salvage a point.

Manager Robertson was disappointed as the diamonds had closed the gap on the league leaders to six before this game.

Manager of the Month: Stewart Robertson

gretna-banner.jpg

Consistency at last?

Well maybe just maybe, much better session this time 16 points out the 19 available and we managed to keep 4 clean sheets into the bargain.

Some good wins over the likes of Morton and Montrose however with a trip to East Stirling coming up we can't count our chickens yet, this time has had a indian sign over us all season and it is time we do something about it....well i hope anyway.

Dembja Traore and Martin Cameron are starting to forge a formidable partnership, well when Cameron isn't suspended anyway.

Results<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Raydale - Gretna 2 - 1 Montrose

Cameron 14 Birchall 10

Davies 61

Raydale - Gretna 2 - 0 Q.O.S.

Traore 26

Cameron 53

Raydale - Gretna 3 - 0 Ross County

Cameron 17

Baldacchino 29

Davies 74

New Douglas Park - Hamilton 2 - 3 Gretna

Goodhind og 39 Cameron 45

Palicka pen 50 Traore 54

Baldacchino pen 61

Raydale - Gretna 4 - 0 Morton

Traore 27,51

Smith 29

Cameron 39

Raydale - Gretna 0 - 0 Raith Rovers

</pre>

ROLL ON NEXT SEASON

With Alloa and Queens Park promoted there is not much to play for except pride so Peterhead were wanting to keep that at all costs to prepare them for next year.Gunn still has alot of baggage in the reserves but intrest from smaller teams could see them leave in the summer.The board and fans think Gunn is thier saviour after only a year but as weve seen at other clubs that can change quickly with a few poor managerial decisions.With the end of season coming close Gunn has been happy with the overall performance of the team but wont stop him bringing in new faces next year Gunn had this to say "The defence has been my main concern the forwards have been top class but the defenders seem to go home 10 mins before the game ends i dont understand why." The outlook is good though with players like Goodman,Bavidge and King in the squad they have a few guys capable of winning games,after a season playing with each other things can only get better for them and they will be the main players to build a squad around.Big things are expected of the blue toon next year and Gunn wants to be the driving force behind it and with the fans and board on his side things have never looked better.

but back to this season and the sessions results:-

COWDENBEATH 1 PETERHEAD 0

Defended well for most of the match one mistake cost the team at least a point and some missed chances from the blue toon fueled Gunns fustration at not picking up points away.

PETERHEAD 5 ELGIN 5

Elgin took the lead early then Peterhead scored through Jones,Rice,Bavidge and a Goodman double to lead 5-1 yes 5-1 Goodman scored the 5th on 80 mins yes thats right the blue toon were up 5-1 with 80 mins gone then the defence went home early again! Gunn was not happy and let fly at his players as they walked off the pitch and was still shouting at them all the way into the dressing room Gunn was unavalible for comment.

ALLOA 1 PETERHEAD 2

Peterhead fans was wondering how much Alloa would score this time and if they should just not turn up but Gunns verbal outburst to his players done the world of good as Peterhead won the game with strikes from King and Davis(later sent off) Gunn said"It was a good victory as the last time they scored 7 goals past us but it was a good performance and will be hoping to continue that kind of form until the end of the seson."

STIRLING 0 PETERHEAD 0

Good defensive performance from the blue toon but a lack of supply to the front men made this a boring game to watch but peterhead happy to get an away point.

PETERHEAD 3 STRANREAR 0

A solid performace all round ensured the 3 points for Peterhead Goodman,Bradley and Watson grabbed the goals.Watson a central defender has shored up the back line the last few games after being out injured for 3 month he has came back looking refreshed and put in some commanding displays.

EAST FIFE 0 PETERHEAD 2

Another good defensive display here means another clean sheet with 3 in a row they have trebled there previous best Goodman and Brown were the scorers,with promoted Queens Park up next the keeper will have alot more to deal with as Queens Park has got dangerous forwards who can cause problems with thier pace.

With the end of season only a session away Gunn is already looking forward to next season,now that he knows the team its alot easier for him to get the players he needs in.Gunn is confident with a few new faces he will be up challenging for promotion next year.

Were has it all gone wrong ?

I sit here and wonder, where did I go wrong ?

Was it my bad signings, poor tactics, or just Have I got to admit it, I'm a DUD !

First of Berwick, a decent side, nothing special, but I under achieved big time the club became draw specialists, letting the rest of the league slowly stretch away so relegation came a calling. Playing pretty decent in the 3rd the team was begining to take shape then Morton came a calling, the big lights a chance to get back into the 2nd and a chance to make the first, yes I was glory hunting and yes it was the wrong move, yup you guessed it, I messed it it aswell.

Players were brought in almost 100K of them, but would they play no they wouldn't simply chosing to ignore my tactics and bounce from one defeat to another.

So what came next yes my jotters.

A few jobs were offered while on holiday but they were refused, dam holiday options.

So while past then cowdenbeath came a calling, and greatfully accepted, after a we ask of the guys were it actually was.

Now not a great squad, but books are balanced pretty well, some players will be let go in the summer to help with bringing in new players, there is some cash which will help, not loads but enough.

So I'm back, in the front line, will I mess it up I've no idea, but this time I'll play the game my way, time will tell now.....

arbroath.jpg

With more humans cramming into to Division One than Bod has brain cells, things were looking very interesting, and next seasosn for sure is going to be a real test. The big game for us was the Scottish Cup QF's at Celtic Park, and we went there on the back of a rather poor 3-1 loss in Perth.

On the day, things simply didn't go right as we crashed 3-0, but leaving which cheques totally £600k, we at least had some consolation for our wounded pride. Having struggled with nil pounds for three years, we finally have a bank balance that doesn't have a minus sign.

With only 2nd place to play for, thinmgs are cooling down in the league a little, but a dysmal performance at Airdrie which saw them run riot, but only score twice, and even 2nd place now looks to have gone.

Three concsecutive 2-0 wins over Inverness, Falkirk and St Mirren have consolidated us in 3rd place with about five to play, and the truth is that with a side that hasn't cost even 1p to put together, we have done exceptionally well, and its hard to be critical of the team. We have shown that on our day we're as good as anyone in the division, and thats really all that can be asked.

We should stop for a moment to congratulate bod on being the best manager in the clan, as he clearly is by beating all AI teams and not playing a single human side. As you can see, that really makes sense, so well done bod, you really are the greatest.

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

Forfar H 1-2

The Diamonds were simply caught by two fast counter attacks by the same Icelandic, was it Porhalsson or Porarinsson I can’t remember but Oskarsson was there to set them up. David Lowing or stand out player got us level but we were only to loose another goal and we should have went on the defensive after we drew level. Still considering it’s or first season in this division a 2-1 defeat to the league leaders who have spent two seasons here is not to sniffed at. The Diamonds would love Oskarsson if he is not to follow into the SPL.

Arbroath H 2-1

With Arbroath playing Celtic just a few day’s ago, the Diamonds were always going to have an edge on them and it showed. Airdrie dominated most of the match but only found the net twice with Baltacha and Jaconelli who was injured on the 39th minute both scoring good goals. Arbroath who looked at times as if they could not pass wind scored to make the last ten more interesting but the points were won.

Motherwell A 0-1

David Lowing who scored the all important goal was denied man of the match by our outstanding goalkeeper Lee Camp (M.O.M) who kept the points safe with Motherwell enjoying some good pressure. The 113 appearances of Gow in an Airdrie shirt is a new club record.

Clyde H 1-1

A disappointing game with Airdrie having some great chances to finish off the game with Barry Elliot giving us the lead. David Lowing was (M.O.M) and we had numerous chances on goal but poor finishing cost us. Clyde had two shots on goal and scored one of them near the end of the match to share the points.

Clyde surprisingly sacked there manager a few days after this game and we wish Alex all the best and a speedy return to management. I am sure he will be back to terrorise one of the divisions.

St.Johnstone A 0-2

David lowing who it has to be said is enjoying a bit of form scored as did Elliot to give us a two goal lead in this match. New signing John fritter (M.O.M) impressed at right back on his first start after his previous outings off the bench and again Lee Camp did well in goal.

Stenhousemuir A 1-1

After taking the lead with a Baltacha (M.O.M) goal the points should have been ours but one bit of slack defending and the sending off of Lowing seen us draw with a hard working Steny side that have not really performed this season. Dean did not offer the Birthday present

So far Airdrie are doing well in second place although Arbroath are closing in to push us to the end. We realise the few positions needing strengthened and this will be addressed with a powerful CD and playmaker in central midfield and a out and out striker to partner Elliot although Jaconelli has done well. Money will be tight as usual so value for money will be the key.

[color:BLUE]PS: PM7 I'd watch out Bod could take an interest in the Arbroath job!!!!!! For offering such praise.[/color]

icon_biggrin.gif

Queens Park Update

Queens Park 4-0 Elgin

An impressive display from Queens Park, they scored 3 goals in the space of 9 minutes - Kristjansson (33) McLeod (39) then O'Connor (42). Kristjansson scored again after 54 minutes to make it 4-0 - Elgin did have a rare second half chance but it wasn't taken.

Alloa 5-1 Queens Park

Alloa's finishing was top drawer in this game. Sam Hird got a hat trick (24,46,88) and Adam Muller the other 2 (18,62). Hodge got Queens Park consolation (85), Mark Johnstone was poor in goal for the away side.

Queens Park 1-3 Peterhead

Queens Park's first home defeat in the league this season was a deserved one. Peterhead were the better team and goals from Goodwin, Bavidge and King ensured they got the 3 points. Murray McCulloch scored an OG which turned out only to be a consolation goal.

Stirling 0-0 Queens Park

A disappointing performance as only one chance was created and it wasn't taken as Queens Park poor run continued.

Stranraer 1-3 Queens Park

Queens Park went 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes through 2 McLeod goals, 1 being a penalty. Stranraer pulled one back through James Beaumont. Cornelly scored the third in the 65th minute to put the result beyond doubt.

Queens Park 5-1 East Fife

Kristjansson put the home side ahead after 5 minutes with a fine free kick. Paul Cox equalised 4 minutes later but it wasn't to be East Fife's day as an impressive second half performance meant Queens Park ran out easy winners. Goals from O'Connor, McLeod, Cornelly and a 30 yard strike from sub Lee San.

Queens Park 1-0 Berwick

Pretty boring game for the neutral as neither team had many chances. This didn't matter to the Spiders as McLeod scored his 4th goal in 3 games to win Queens Park the match.

Cowdenbeath 0-1 Queens Park

Good defensive performance as we managed to keep a clean sheet against a dangerous Cowdenbeath side. A goal from Kristjansson in the 14th minute secured the 3 points.

Queens Park 3-2 Albion Rovers

A close match which we deservedly won, McLeod scored in the 4th minute giving us a good start. Diack replied for Rovers with 2 goals in quick succession just before half time (40, 42). Queens Park equalised through Rogers (57) before Lee San scored from the edge of the area (82) making it 3-2.

Elgin 1-2 Queens Park

Queens Park were lucky here as Elgin went 1-0 up and defended for their lives. However, young left winger Paul McKenzie scored on his debut to make it 1-1. Once again Lee San was the hero as he cam off the bench to score the winner again (83).

The gap between 1st and 2nd is now only 4 points after a few poor results from Alloa allowing us to close the gap at the top, the next two games - away to Peterhead and at home to Alloa - will be vital if we have any chance of sneaking first place. With promotion to the second division now confirmed it was time to start strenghtening the squad for next season as 3 bosman transfers were confimed. Danny Hay, a 30 year old DC from Walsall, Steven McAdam, a 24 year old FC from Clyde and Matt Bloomer, a 27 year old DC from Lincoln. With our debt creeping towards 400k these free transfers will be important and I will be looking to bring in more new faces like this in the next couple of months.

lads after much deliberation last night and mainly due to Bod's below the belt punch icon_wink.gif, just kidding Stevie, I am going to leave the Scots Clan. ( for those with a short memory i performed the exact same stunt on Gary during the first season so what comes round goes round!!!) I have been with the Scots clan since i registered on the forums back in 2000 thats 4 years of playing with you lads. I feel its time for a change. I am going to start a new clan for new users and also any other established guys on the forum and have a bash at it.

I want to thank Rosco for putting the clan game up through thick and thin, he has been a fantastic host, clan general and has built up a clan base of good reliable players. Its hard work to keep going but Rosco has shown alot of patience and staying power.

Anyway i'll be there on the 30th to take my slot amongst the chosen few.

Adios for now icon_smile.gif

Guest sav112

Sorry to hear your off Dog’s icon_eek.gif, it would have been a blinder next season in the first with all the human players as well and a real fight to get into the SPL. icon_wink.gif

I expect you’ll be popping in the IRC from time to time and be adding the odd post in the thread. Good luck getting your game up and running!

Yeah, dogs ill miss you constant banter and they way you can wind up bod faster than he can order a gammon and chips! icon_eek.gif

Good luck with the new clan and dont be a stranger !

See ya at the meet.

Sy

Cya @ the Bar on the 30th then dogs icon_wink.gif good luck with the noobs! Maybe take a few of the Scots Duds!!! Yer welcome back any time M8, with a ll of course like yer old pal Gaz!icon_razz.gif Its a sad day when a tard like Bod get's ye yer jotters but i'm sure yell get yer own back at the meet up! icon_smile.gif

Weve had some good games over the years. memories include your Real Madrid conquering East Fife team in the 2001 game. Yer super Rich Livvy side in 2002 and the awzome Blue Toon in 2003 Clan game. Sorry to see it did not work out at Clyde in the current game, but i can understand your decision...gone but not forgotten.... icon_frown.gif

turps

LoonsLogo.jpg

ITS OFFICIAL!!! BOSS TURPS IS A BIG ERECTION!

Fans of Forfar were ecstatic today as this small tayside club continued to defy thier Gypo and gloryhunting rivals, by lifting their 2nd major trophy in as many years... the Scottish League Cup! The Mighty loons thrashed Rangers 5-2 infront of a jam packed hampden sending the small traveling support into Loon dreamland. Up front the damage came from Iclandic duo Porhalsson and Oskarsson, who were simply unstopabble. Osk bagged a brace , along with Porry's pace and power the huns defence were destroyed on the counter attack. The fantastic Cup victory has been comemorated by a statue erected in boss Turp's honour, (not another 1 FFS :$) and no doubt will attract pidgeon sh¡t and various other secretions when the rival Clan managers visit in the coming seasons! Remarkably Forfar find them selves in another final this season after defeating Hibs 3-1 after a replay in the Scottish Cup semi final. Talk of retaining the Scottish Cup and this season winning a cup double, have been talked down by the Division 1 side, but it would be great to meet Alloa in the final! and make history by pumping them daft, and winning even more silverware. The financial rewards with winning the League Cup and reaching the Scottish Cup final have been tremendous. The club is in a very healthy position to compete at a higher level and with only 5 league games left, the 1st division championship is virtually in the bag and promotion to the SPL secured. Can Forfar complete a unique treble and make history? Well we will find out in the final session of the season next monday.... COME ON YE LOONS!!!!

ClanHeader.jpg

### Game up tonight at 7pm (or after) for usual 8pm start. Its the final session of season 3 tonight so good luck too everyone who has something to play for! Hoepfully we will get a bit of the summer out the road also and maybe get to budget day and the new season ! ###

Due to the retirement of experienced player dogs, a direct replacement will be appointed tonight in the form of forum fud.. Powlay. The Scottish Clan welcome another experienced player and 'Englishman' to the Clan .Another former EMA member Powlay's banter and commitment is without question, and i'm sure he will get a big scottish welcome form all the lads! Jeff Duke has also been retired due to lack of commitment over persnal reasons. The clan wish Dogs and Duke well and their departure gives some one else a chance to join our jock bawbags! ###

Cya tonight for the grand finale!

Turps

Welcome Powlay!

Turps says greay things about you, and then some bad things too, but like i say that could have been anyones @ss!

Anyone after a coke snortin hibee reject?

no not chris

the legendary Barry Lavety?

5k and a gobble and he is yours!

See ya the night!

gretna-banner.jpg

Chances of claiming the title slip as Gretna mess up in the last session however the side are still on for Promotion, with 3 points taken out of the available nine points.

Gretna were finally starting to find some understanding at the back and the recent run of results showed the team were good enough to be where they are and not just a fluke, however there was to be bad news for Gretna fans following the Montrose game.

Firs Park - East Stirling 3 - 0 Gretna

Boyle 29

Hayward 86

Kelly 90

Raydale - Gretna 5 - 1 Brechin

Baldacchino 6 Cogan pen 24

McColligan 65

Traore 73,86

Lee Clarke 89

Links Park - Montrose 2 - 1 Gretna

Birchall 34 Taylor 86

Viegas 90

</pre>

motherwell.jpg

That bad news was to be the departure of manager Gary Toner to 1st division strugglers Motherwell. After weeks of discussion between the boards of Motherwell and Gretna, Toner finally moved.

However many people in the media have been left questioning Toner's decision to leave a promotion chasing Gretna to take over a relegation battling Motherwell, whatever Toner's reasons are most fans at both clubs are left wandering.

Toner has been left charged with cleaning up the mess caused by ex gaffer Chris Nicol although Nicol was congratulated on some of his buys others were left to bewilderment. The first 3 games in charge were good as Motherwell took 7 points from the available 9 however Well's one ray of light in MacSween was to burst as they found out the striker was going to be out for 2 months effectively ending his season.

Caledonian Stadium - I.C.T. 2 - 3 Motherwell

McKinnon 11 MacSween 36,45

Kowalewski OG 40 Garbutt 53

Fir Park - Motherwell 2 - 0 St Mirren

Houtcome 23

MacSwenn 87

The Falkirk Stadium - Falkirk 2 - 2 Motherwell

Rodgers pen 49,84 MacSween 76,86

</pre>

Sorry to see you go dogs, all the best with the new plans, look forward to 5's hope its not your last appearance in the famous green and white.

Lads really struggling to make the night, brought home a pile of work the day and really need to get it done for the mora, I'll try and get on for a few hours but I'll not make the whole night.

catch ya all later.

jags.jpg

PARTICK THISTLE FC - SPL CHAMPIONS 2005/06

Hibernian 0 - 4 Partick Thistle

Theres a lot to be said for Scotland having a strong "Third Force". For years , its been mooted as Hearts or Hibs , maybe Dundee United or Aberdeen , and this season , its definetely Partick Thistle. Hibs were taken to school here as Thistle scored right from the kick off , a flowing move down the wing finding Manny Panther unmarked from a Huckerby cross after only 22 seconds. Beganskiy then nodded home a Clark cross after 8 minutes , his 7th goal since signing for the club on a Bosman. And second half goals from Huckerby and Panther again rounded off the scoring in a game which had the fans shouting for the head of Blobby Bobby. Gie that man his jotters , and without kebab sauce this time!

The League Split occurs. Thistle lead by a considerable margin, and Celtic take their week off from league duty to lose 4-1 in the cup to the mighty ALLOA ATHLETIC. The irony of Aidan McGeady scoring against his former employers is not lost on the watching journalism.

Kilmarnock 4 - 4 Partick Thistle

Wow!

3 for Di Giacomo , 1 for Invincibile (he ALWAYS scores against Thistle , and nobody else). 2 for Beganskiy , 1 for Panther , 1 for Buchan (a 92nd minute netbuster from 25 yards). You simply cant do justice to this game in mere words, it had to be seen to be believed , and with Rangers holding Celtic to a 3-3 draw elsewhere , Thistle edge a little closer to the title.

Partick Thistle 6 - 2 Hibernian

Theres whipping boys and theres whipping boys , and Hibs are definetely the whipping boys for the top half of the split. After Thistle race out to an early 3 goal lead courtesy of Panther and Clark (2) , Tam McManus pulls one back for the visitors , and then Matthias Doumbe heads home for 3-2. Thistle respond the only way they know how , they bring on the big guns. Huckerby , Beganskiy and Buchan arrive , and within minutes , its 4-5-6 , goals coming from Lilley , Bell and Panther. The manager is particularly pleased to see Bell getting on the scoresheet as its the 16yr olds first goal of the season after replacing the injured Kenny Milne around Christmas, and hes been playing out of his skin ever since. A credit to the team and to the Thistle youth policy, which is now reaping real dividends.

Elsewhere , Celtic drop 2 points away to Kilmarnock. A win now for Thistle in their next match will take the title .... AT PARKHEAD!

Celtic 7 - 2 Partick Thistle

I dont want to talk about it. I dont even want to read the result ive just posted. Postma is a ****ing bottler on the big occasion. Offers over £10 accepted for this overpaid foreign dud. At least wee Tony Clark got another couple of goals. But Larsson (3) , Hartson , Crainey and Yoo Cang-Chul (2) absoloutely embaressed the Jags. Postma will be dropped for the title decider with Rangers.

Partick Thistle 1 - 1 Rangers

*nervous* ... Celtic win away , so its a 3 point lead with 1 game to play.

Livingston 1 - 1 Partick Thistle

CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEES!

Never has a title win felt so good, but as is the Thistle way , we left it till late and scared the crap out of the fans. A later Beganskiy goal equalises a McMenamin strike , and Celtic lose 2-1 to Hibs to hand us the title. A statue is dedicated to McGuinness , a million quid enters the bank balance , and Thistle are off to the Champions League. But as they say , the first one is easy, its repeating the task thats the difficulty.

Tim Hunt , in his first professional season , at 16yrs of age , is the Scottish Top Goalscorer, and Young Player of the Year.

Stevie McGuinness is the Scottish Premier League Manager of the year.

On the Transfer Front , Alexei Nicolas leaves for Bristol City for £95k plus IJah Anderson. Ben Parkinson joins Ross County for £26,000 , Andy McCormick , a talented little AM C who the club had big hopes for, abandons Thistle for the warmer climes of Spain under freedom of contract for a compensation package of a mere £600k , and Thistle start the search for a talent to replace him.

The deal for Portuguese Starlet Igor falls through after the board remove funding from McGuinness for reasons best known to themlselves. The board however reward McGuinness for his CL qualification with a budget of nearly £900k. When hes finished crying , he sets about looking for some top targets.

arbroath.jpg

The last five games were about as meaningful as Bods winning of the SPL against AI opposition.

Of course, I still wanted the players to go out and win them. Sadly, it seemed as if the players had gone into close season mode already as we crashed to defeats at Forfar and Motherwell and someone else that I forget now because tbh we were so poor.

With two to play, we still had a chance of 3rd place, and a win over Clyde, who held that position, pushed us in there, and a final day 3-0 victory over St Johnstone, and we had done it. I guess not many managers would celebrate coming 3rd, but to be honest I think we have done exceptionally well, and the players haven't let themselves or the club down.

With the club actually having a positive bank balance for the first time in living memory, I have my first ever serious transfer budget as Arbroath manager. The squad is obviously decent, but clearly there is room for improvement, and the main target is a keeper. If we can get the players I've targeted, then I feel we can even challenge for the SPL. Of course, having said that, we'll probably end up getting relegated. Or even worse, having to play on the Isle of Man.

Finally, well done to Bod, Turps, Scotfun and Jimbhoy for their success this season, and to Sav for a really good First Division spat we had. And to everyone else, even though they were crap, at least they didnt give up icon_razz.gif

Archived