The Scottish Clan 03/04 Netgame!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Beetroot

Bod u sign who you want, there will be only one winner and one looser. I dont sign anyone elses youths it not my perogative icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont sign anyones youth except yours Rosco. They all offer decent contracts to their kids, so i cant afford the compensation.

Think like a small club and youll end up a small club. Small Clubs sell their best players all the time icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wont be at a small club for ever Bod! The 'HOST' always has the final say icon_wink.gif

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Why the prevarication over what is a simple rule to implement? If a player at a human club is under 17, then no other human manager may approach that player without first approaching the manager. Seems reasonable to me, whats people's motives for fluffing on this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cause the Scots like to fight even more so than the Irish. icon_razz.gif

Right,

feck your clan rules, I propose at the meet, we all just strip to the waste and beat the crap out of each other last man standing sets the rules icon_biggrin.gif

End of the day can we not propose a vote on this and ammend the rules ? As the new season has yet to begin. Failing that youth development will be scrapped as i'm not losing kids to you bams

anyway fight fight fight fight fight !!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Right,

feck your clan rules, I propose at the meet, we all just strip to the waste and beat the crap out of each other last man standing sets the rules icon_biggrin.gif

End of the day can we not propose a vote on this and ammend the rules ? As the new season has yet to begin. Failing that youth development will be scrapped as i'm not losing kids to you bams

anyway fight fight fight fight fight !!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rosco doesn't seem to want a vote. If it ends up in a free for all the people who will lose out are the ones who are already disadvantaged. The only ones to benefit will be the SPL clubs as they could effectively buy up anyone, and as you say whats the point in youth development just for a greedy feck like, say, Bod to come along and snap them up.

I dont often agree with Bod, its against my principles.

Hey lets get something straight, I dont bid on youths, i never have unless someone messes with mine. I am NOT for stealing young teams talent, its lame! We all know how hard it is to compete with llm Scottish teams, that is why it was generally felt that you could trim ur wage budget and make yer team competitive with the financial limitations.

Its laffable that Bod is the very one who is pushing for a rule when he wasnt even paying attention when we discussed this at the last meet and he is the one who has a track record of lizard activity in the past.

The less rules the better in my opinion, most guys play the game in a good spirit, theres always one guy that spoils the show icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Right,

anyway fight fight fight fight fight !!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rosco doesn't seem to want a vote. If it ends up in a free for all the people who The only ones to benefit will be the SPL clubs as they could effectively buy up anyone will lose out are the ones who are already disadvantaged. , and as you say whats the point in youth development just for a greedy feck like, say, Bod to come along and snap them up.

I dont often agree with Bod, its against my principles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Hey lets get something straight, I dont bid on youths, i never have unless someone messes with mine. I am NOT for stealing young teams talent, its lame! We all know how hard it is to compete with llm Scottish teams, that is why it was generally felt that you could trim ur wage budget and make yer team competitive with the financial limitations.

Its laffable that Bod is the very one who is pushing for a rule when he wasnt even paying attention when we discussed this at the last meet and he is the one who has a track record of lizard activity in the past.

The less rules the better in my opinion, most guys play the game in a good spirit, theres always one guy that spoils the show icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said you did. The less rules the better is just naivity, as you'll always get someone (in this case Bod), who'll try to take advantage, and then chaos ensures. But if you want a chaotic clan, fair enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

The less rules the better in my opinion, most guys play the game in a good spirit, theres always one guy that spoils the show icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said you did. The less rules the better is just naivity, as you'll always get someone (in this case Bod), who'll try to take advantage, and then chaos ensures. But if you want a chaotic clan, fair enough. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the record, the main reason i did this was because Turpie left himself wide open to it by abusing the wage system when every other clan manager was playing fair and offering proper contracts.

The fact i could get 8 fantastic players for less than £500k was a factor, but Rosco saying "Ill just steal off the clubs smaller than me and itll be all your fault" is baws. Itll be because you dont want to admit you made an error of judgement in forcing down contracts.

Its also a great change from "Its War Bod. Ill have your youths persecuted for the rest of the game".

And Iain , whit happened wi Alexis was a mistake. I apologise for it, but we didnt have a rule and theres never been a "Gentlemans Agreement" or any other kind mentioned in the SSC until that occurred.

motherwell.jpg

Motherwell's dreadful season comes to a climax, although since i have took over i have managed to restore some pride, not a lot but some.

I only had around 7 games to the end of the season and in that short time i managed to see enough to convince me that with a bit of luck and one or two major singings for next season then this club will be on the up.

As for next season well who knows but a club of this stature should not be in the 1st division and for every season they are it hurts them financially and in terms of fanbase, the club needs the SPL to survive and it is my job to put them back there in as little time as possible.

Results<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Fir Park - Motherwell 1 - 3 Forfar

Lasley 57 Murphy 8,23,40

Gayfield - Arbroath 0 - 2 Motherwell

Paulinho 31

Garbutt 37

Fir Park - Motherwell 0 - 1 Stenhousemuir

Banks 13

Fir Park - Motherwell 0 - 1 Clyde

McGammon 75

</pre>

jags.jpg

Partick Thistle - SPL Champions 2005/06 - The Pre-Season Shopping Spree

With Champions League football secured, the board really opened the purse strings here, allowing a million pound budget, and a huge wage bill by Scottish Standards. This allowed for real movement in the transfer market and allowed Thistle to acquire some talent which would prove crucial in the season to come.

Players In

Youth Team

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Neil Mackie

<LI>Dave McKenzie

<LI>Neil O'Neill

<LI>Dean Gallagher

<LI>Phil Richards

<LI>Chris Campbell

<LI>Karl Bell

<LI>Dean Hunter

<LI>Andy Rooney

<LI>Michael McAllister

<LI>Tony Alexander

<LI>Scott Clark

<LI>Mark campbell

<LI>Steve Lawrence

<LI>Nathan Bradley

<LI>Ryan Lukic

<LI>Daniel Burns

<LI>Gary Cameron

<LI>Mark Gregory

<LI>Adam Price

Those listed in Bold are players whos talent looks exceptional, and who i expect to be playing First Team Football within 12 months.

Players In - 1st Team

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Simone Padoin - £900k - DM RLC - Vicenza

<LI>Igor - £150k - F C - Braga

<LI>Vampeta - £200k - DM C - Cruzeiro

<LI>Mads Torry - Bosman - S C - FC Copenhagen

<LI>Phil Smith - £14k - GK - Torquay

<LI>Ijah Anderson - P/Ex - D L - Bristol Rovers

The acquisition of exciting striker Igor , aggressive fullback Padoin , and World Cup Winning midfielder Vampeta has really got the fans tongues wagging, and the expectations are high at Firhill this season.

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Ben Parkinson - AM/F RL - £26k - Ross County

<LI>Alexis Nicolas - DM C - £95k P/Ex - Bristol Rovers

<LI>Stuart Bennett - S C - £0 plus Future Fees - Arbroath

<LI>Matthew Shields - F C - £0 plus future fees - Stone Dominoes

<LI>Derek Fraser - AM C - £575k - Zaragoza

<LI>Andy MacDonalds - D C - £0k plus Future Fees - Cowdenbeath

<LI>Kevin Gray - Released

<LI>Gary Vernon - S C - £700k - Blackburn

<LI>Ian Ross - AM LC - Free - Berwick

<LI>Tiago - AM L - Free - Berwick

The loss of Vernon and Fraser was a sore one for the fans to take, but the much needed cash helped the team develop, and under Bosman rules , Thistle will still receive a cut should either player ever be sold on.

And so to the season itself. With automatic qualification for the CHampions League Groups thanks to their 1st seeding as Champions of Scotland, Thistle earned a cool £2.7 mill straight off the bat, and the board allowed an excellent wage budget to make McGuinness' dreams of defending the title and winning in Europe look a little closer to reality.

Bank of Scotland SPL - Partick Thistle 4 - 1 Ayr United

A winning start was always going to be crucial , and Thistle got off to the best possible start. Goals from Beganskiy , Panther , Igor and Clark , with a lone response from Dickinson (attributable to a moment of madness from Postma), Thistle looked solid in midfield and deadly in attack , and almost impentrable at the back. Whether this will continue through the season remains to be seen , but the omens are good, with Beganskiy and Igor forming a fantastic understanding all through the game.

arbroath.jpg

Summer wasn't quite as busy a time as I had expected, as most of the new player arriving at the club would be in the youth team, and only three or four would have any chance of making the first team, at least at the start of the season.

Mark Peat (24), has been reasonable in goals, but he has too many off days and it was time he was replaced. In from Montrose came 21 year old Richard Brush and he could expect to be 1st choice, with 15 year old rookie Nick Charlton looking to get an outing now and then, but its tough for a keeper so young, even though this kid is the biz.

The defence looks unchanged, with 16 year old Kevin White having done well at left back, and he is backed up by 19 year old Ryan Lynch, and new youth signing, 17 year old Mark Young. At right back, 18 year old Neal Stuart holds his place, ably backed by 21 year old Michael Green, with 20 year old Stephen Murphy providing cover on both sides.

In the middle, Scott Craig, who has just turned 16 will be partnered again by Nick Jackson (18), and these two have formed what looks to be a solid partnership. Cover at the back is provided by 29 year old Greg Denham, who will be sold if a decent bid comes in, and varuous other players in the youth squad and as when needed.

On the left wing, Oliver Parker (23), has come on in leaps and bounds, and continues to keep his place after an excellent season. Over on the right, Jon Baker (18) will be looking to take over from positive veteran Mark Angel who is now 30 and has been a brilliant servant for the club. The middle holding role has been tough to fill. Youngster Benny Hill did play there, but we feel he hasnt developed as he should, and goes back to the reserves. Steven Cameron (18) will also be looking to play here, but to start with the role will be filled by the very promising Tony Griffiths (18), who moves back from the more attacking role he filled last season. New signing from Montrose, Liam McVey (24), 20 year old Kevin Struthers and 21 year old Paul Farquharson provide the cover.

In the 'hole' behind the strikers, another new signing Rodrigo, (21), who came in from Clyde, takes up that role, and one or two others can flit into here as needed. Ryan Green (17), showed last season that he has an eye for goal, and he starts up front, along with another new signing from Clyde, Weslem (21). Back up is provided by the very exciting prospect Peter Edwards (18), as well as Ryan Thompson , now 24, and 22 year old Craig Steins. Chances are that one of those two will be moving on soon though.

So with less than the number of new faces the fans might have expected, the season got underway with a trip to Stranaer. With Richard Brush out for two weeks, 15 year old Charlton started between the sticks, and played well to keep a clean sheet. Two goals from corners, finished off by Scott Craig and Nick Jackson, saw us into the next round, where we face Ross County.

In the League, we had a possible tough start in Perth, but Weslem shown his potential by hammering in four goals, Ryan Green added a 5th, and we ran out 5-1 winners in what was probably the best team performance in my time here. If we can keep that sort of standard up, then my visions of the SPL can be fulfilled. But if is a big word.....

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

Well the transfers went as usual; Airdrie can’t get the class that I really wanted mainly due to competition for them and the wages we can offer and the 500K+ figures bouncing around.

Anyway we can welcome a proven goal scorer to the club with Ruisinho from Clyde. This player was impressive against us last season and should give us more options up front.

We will continue to look at players over the season and will probably look to strengthen in the next window with us needing to start thinking about the youths which manager Robertson has thus far left alone. A class ATT CM and CD are still on the shopping list.

Raith Rovers H 2-1

With the start of the new season Airdrie’s squad and first team looks just the same with the only exception being Ruisinho who was immediately called on to fill in as a few light injuries are being sorted. Raith Rovers caught us cold and took the lead with a good move and at this stage the team looked a bit off colour. It took to the second half before we got warmed up and begin to play the way we can, Ben Andrews brought the score level and Airdrie continued to press forward and again it took a truly excellent net buster from Elliot (M.O.M) to take full points and leave Raith with nothing.

Next up Raith in the Challenge Cup Away and with Ally I could actually play him 5-6 times this season with him in different Club’s. icon_wink.gif

It good to see Dog’s back were he belongs in the Scots clan and giving the third Div much needed competition this season. And we can only speculate what that edit was to PM post if he was asked to do it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And we can only speculate what that edit was to PM post if he was asked to do it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to ruin the conspiracy theories, but it was only a little edit to image link icon_smile.gif

BerwickLogo.jpg

“Its my idea that I will build Berwick into a bastion of invincibility had Napoleon had that idea he'd have conquered the bloody world.

My idea is to build Berwick up and up and up until eventually they would be untouchable. Everybody would have to submit. Give in.

Berwick is English and there is no way I will surrender our land, our players, our FREEDOM to the Scottish *******s."

Were the sharp words of new Berwick Rangers manager Christopher L. Powlay. Berwick, bottom of the Third Division and in dire trouble had called on the services of the experiences Englishman after he had left the English (Managers Association) game at the top with Manchester United. With 4 games of the season remaining at his arrival Powlay instantly wrote the games off as nothing more than an opportunity to see some players.

“I don’t care whom the previous managers at Berwick were but all I can say about them is thy have dragged this club through the mud, some of the playing staff have the talent of a dead sheep! And for the coaching staff? Some of them cant even tie their own shoe laces, can only assume it was the same of the previous managers.

We will be looking to rectify the coaching problem straight away and the playing staff will be cut from the 50’s to the 30’s. We will be looking to clear out the dead wood, some of the players in the reserves are a waste of skin and are using valuable supplies of air that the hard working players need!â€

ALLOA (A) 0-2

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Bassinder 43, O’Donovan 75.</pre>

***TRANSFER TRAIL***

Leaving the club is Billy Gibson whom Powlay said, “He is as strong as a wet newspaper that lad, why he was being paid to turn up and get ran over each week is beyond me.†Gibson has joined Kings Lynn on a free transfer.

New Zealand International Jonathan Perry has signed a pre contract agreement with Berwick, he will be joining in the summer from English side Leyton Orient and will offer a solid rock at the back.

Gretna have lost the services of the influential and versatile Carl Laurie after Powlay sneaked in with a bid of £12k. Laurie will join up with the Rangers in the summer as Powlay looks to build a side that will bring pride back to the English side.

Michael Hayward has signed on a free and will offer support to the left and right backs but isn’t expected to be a regular first team player.

PETERHEAD (H) 0-1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Robertson 45.</pre>

STRANRAER (A) 2-1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Palmer 7.</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Forrest 18, Miller 31.

Davies missed pen 36.</pre>

EAST FIFE (H) 1-1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">McNiell 6.</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">James 12.</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Berwick is English and <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Berwick rightfully belongs to Scotland! FRRRRRRREEEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sod of you scottish old man ITS ENGLISH! AND ITS MINE!

SICK MANAGER PULLS HIMSELF OUT OF BED TO GET SOME FREES

Mr Gunn was ill on thursday but pulled himself out of bed to get some frees or Bod and Ally Shaw would have had the whole database of frees. Gunn snapped up a few youths that go straight into the youth team and a few that will do a job in the first team.After releasing 23 reserve players Gunn freed up alot of wages but ended up paying over 200k to release them leaving the club in debts of over 250k but Gunn dosnt want players that are not going to play and the board seem happy with the financial position as we make money everyweek.The board expects Gunn to achieve mid-table this year but Gunn hopes to go one better than last year and grab promotion but with Dogs,Iain and Powlay there will be good competition in the 3rd division this year.Pre Season went well for the Blue Toon with wins in all frendlies including a 3-0 win vs Hertha Berlin and a 3-1 win vs Dundee but getting the players fit was the main point and they look sharp for the new season.With only one experienced player coming in- Duncan Spedding from Ayr a defender left/centre-Gunn would be working with the same guys who had showed at the end of last year they can play ball.Gunn even showed his faith in Peterhead when he turned down 2nd division St Mirren who promised no money no team and no hope if he did join but Gunn declined while laughing hard.It will be hard to get promotion this year with 4 co favourites for the title in the start of season odds but Gunn will do his best and battle untill the last ball is kicked and the last whistle has blown to try and secure promotion even though the board only want mid table,that is not good enough for Gunn who believes his team are good enough to go up this year.Gunn said"We have a squad here who showed last year they can play well and after a full pre season together we should have what it takes to challenge for promotion,we showed some class at the end of last year and im expecting it to carry on through to this season as in my opinion we should get better and better."

Gunn was glad he made this session as the season kicked off with 2 games being played:-

QUEENS PARK 0 PETERHEAD 2CHALLENGE CUP 1st ROUND

The Blue Toon start there season with a game against 2nd division opponents but the Blue Toon show how far they have come beating last years winners in the first round a penalty from King and a header from Bavidge was enough to see them through against Andys Queens Park.

PETERHEAD 3 STRANRAER 0

A good Peterhead performance here,it all started early in the first half when McCondichie the Stranraer keeper threw the ball into his own net then Goodman and Green took chances to put the game beyond any doubt,its an encouraging start for the Blue Toon and Gunn hopes he can carry it on for the forseeable future.

With Tam,Powlay,Dogs and Deano to play away in the next 5 games next session should be a good one and should give the Blue Toon a better idea of where there season is going.

There has also been rumours on the internet that at the Berwick vs Peterhead game the Peterhead fans will leave Scotland flags all over Berwick and in their stadium and there will be a burning of English flags after the game. icon_biggrin.gif

LoonsLogo.jpg

ATTRACTIVE LOONS WIN 6 APPEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

Fans of Forfar Football club will be pleased to hear the current youth tapping scandal has been resolved in the ' wanted 6 appeal' as tits now known, have been brought down to earth and are set to have a bright future at this ambitious club. It says a lot for the quality of the youth team that such interest has been made in the last season. Boss Turps has pledged to fight off any 'larger' clubs and develop any young talent in the club, hopefully to 1st team action. The stringent wage structure is still in place however some of the promising starlets have been recognized and their loyalty and improvment rewarded with some better longterm contracts. Due to the 'small' nature of the Club, the Loons will always be a selling club and players will move on if an acceptable bid is in place.

This season the club are making history as they debut on the top league after earning the right last season. The board expect the players to battle bravely against relegation this season, but Boss Turps knows different, thinking the Loons can challenge the bigger clubs this season. The target is european qualification and to hopefully repeat last years great domestic Cup campaigns. The stadium needs upgraded so funds are being saved and generated to take the club to the next level. The two Division championships, two Cup wins and the foray into European football last season has left the club in a very healthy financial state. The finance's have also been boosted with some shrewd transfer dealing's, with some average players going out the door for descent money, and some talented prospects and experienced players coming in for half the value.

This season the 442 system will still be played. with some tweaks to cope with the harder and better opposition every week. Squad wise the team has developed well over the last 3 seasons and the young players at the start are no reaching their maximum potential. Key players Oskarsson and Byers are integral, and some more experienced heads have been added to cope with the step up in football the SPL brings. Winger's Veirinha and Jussi Pekka look immense and are set to make the step up to international football for sure. Our young Goal Keepers are developing well but this may be an area where experience is valuable. But for now the existing team will be given a chance along with about half a dozen youth players who have been promoted to the 1st team. Here is a list of whooz in and out the Loons revolving door for season 4.

PLAYERS OUT DURING PRE SEASON 4

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>DC Gary Caldwell to Ipswich for £250k

<LI>Kenny Tawse to Motherwell for £20k

<LI>Joel Kitamirike to Rotherham for £500k

<LI>John Barclay to St Johnstone for £70k

<LI>Johan Porhallson to Rangers for £300k

*Johan Porhalsson's sale may come as a shock to Forfar fans but gaffer Turps is confident that a new foil for Osk will freshen up the attack*

PLAYERS IN DURING PRE SEASON 4

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>DL Trong Erik Bertelsen form Haugesund for £75k

<LI>AMC Labinot Harbuzi from Feyenoord for £60k

<LI>FC Jami Puustinen from Man Utd (Free Transfer)

<LI>MR Keith Gillespie from Blackburn (Free Transfer)

<LI>DC Michael Duberry from leeds ((Free Transfer)

<LI>SC Stevie Crawford from Dunfermline for £35k

*Experienceed players Duberry,Gillespie & Crawford will hopefully help the young players develop and be able to handle the pressure of SPL football*

12 other youth players have been signed & some more signings may follow before window closes.

COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOU ARE HARD ENOUGH!

BerwickLogo.jpg

***POWLAY EXPECTS***

After watching his new side finish bottom of the Scottish football leagues new manager Christopher Powlay has spent the summer building a squad he believes can push up the table and give the English people of Berwick their pride back.

Powlay had commented when he took over that the squad size was to high and players would be sacrificed in a bid to cut costs and in a bid to clear out the crap.

***PLAYERS OUT***

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Simon Parkin – Hayes - £2k

<LI> Scott Gobson – Kings Lynn - £0k

<LI> Andy Quinn – Hayes - £2k

<LI> Steven McDonald – Hill of Beath - £1k

<LI> Gary Grieve – Arthurlie - £0k

<LI> Carlos Brown – Oxford City - £0k

<LI> Robert Morgan – Weymouth - £0k

<LI> Symon Scott – Linlithgow Rose - £1k

<LI> Anthony McStea – Ford Utd - £1k

<LI> Danny McQuaid – Harlow - £0k

<LI> Ross Gordon – Hornchurch - £2k

Along with these players out went some 20 free transfers mainly youths who couldn’t cut their way out of a wet paper bag let alone cut it in the leagues of professional football.

***PLAYERS IN***

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Gary Young – Youth – Free

<LI> Peter Winter – Youth – Free

<LI> Steve Hutchings – Youth – Free

<LI> Dominic Pearmain – Dumbarton – Free

<LI> Ian Ross – Partick – Free

<LI> Pat Gallagher – Queens Park – Free

<LI> Michael Sisson – Free

Powlay has brought in some youngsters who will strengthen the squad and might even see some first team action this season. Hutchings and Winter are both right sided midfielders and Young is a talented forward who can pull deep and play on either wing. Their small wages means Powlay is willing to take a chance on them and if they don’t work then they will find themselves where Powlay plucked them from…the streets.

Pearmain is a player Powlay knows well, “he isn’t as quick as he used to be in the Leicester under 19 side but he will get that sharpness back and he will score goals in this division…I predict he will get 20+ in his first season if he stays injury free.â€

Ian Ross joins from Premiership winners Partick after becoming surplus to requirements, Powlay snapped him up and hopes to complete another signing in Brazilian Tiago.

After the shock retirement of Worboys without playing a game the front line was a little bare and Powlay snapped up Gallagher from Queens Park and hopes he will make an inpact.

***SEASON STARTS WITH A BANG!***

ELGIN (H) 5-0 Challenge Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Pearmain 23, 85.

Innes 30.

McCormick 56.

Pearson 90.</pre>

Berwick never looked like losing after debutant Dominic Pearmain tapped home from a Love rebound in the 23rd minute, his aggression and front running caused the Elgin defence problem all day but it was a day most Rangers shots were too hot to handle.

A wonder strike by Innes doubled the lead. It was a corner by Innes that was cleared back to him, he cut back inside about 20 yards from the goal before rifling a right footed belter into the top corner.

Good passing play between Love and Forrest set up McCormick for the 3rd of the day which went in from a narrow angle in the 56th minute. Then a late flurry, Laurie and Pearson combined well to set away Love, his shot was to hard to handle for the Elgin keeper and Pearmain was on hand for his second goal of the season both of which come within the 6 yard box.

Then it was Pearmains chance to set up the goal when his shot was parried and Chic Pearson on as a substitue for McCormick followed up into the empty net.

DUMBARTON (A) 1-0

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Forrest 50.</pre>

A single goal was all that separated the 2 sides in a titanic tussle in the league. The only goal of the game came in the 50th minute when the referee allowed an advantage to be played after Pearmain was hacked down after passing off to McCormick on the half way line. With Pearmain out cold on the ground McCormick continued his run down the left before looking up to see the hard running Forrest in the middle. A pin point cross enabled Forrest to head the ball through the keepers legs for a great break away goal. Pearmain was carried off and played no further part in the game and it is hoped he will make a speedy recovery.

Hi guys

Might not be online on Monday night, my PC is going for and upgrade and a tune up, if im not on ill be back in on thursday.

If someone could kindly make a note of my results and mail them to me or post online that would rock!

Cheers

?action=view&current=qp-banner.jpg

After last season's successful league campaign it was important to strengthen the team if we were to have any chance of making it to Division 1 in our first attempt. The bookies have us down as relegation candidates but i am hoping for mid table at worst. The club isnt in the best financial state as we are in debt and not making much profit each month (if any) - a good cup run might be neceesary this season to balance the books after last seasons poor performance in the 2 bigger cup competitions.

Players In

Mark Saunders (16) SC

Paul McKenzie (16) FC

Lee Martin (15) DC

Peter Howell (17) GK

Darren Pearson (14) DMC

David Dyer (17) D/SC

Nick Adams (17) DMC

Chris Rogers (16) DLC

John Stevenson (14) GK

Danny Hay (31) DC

Mostly youth signings for Queems Park this pre-season due to lack of transfer funds. However, out of that lot Nick Adams, Paul McKenzie, Allan Young and Peter Howell will be in the first team squad for this season, mainly as backup. The bosman signing of Danny hay from Walsall will offer much needed experience in defence.

Latest Scores

Queens Park 0-2 Peterhead (Challenge Cup 1st round)

Queens park fell at the first hurdle in their bid to retain the Challenge Cup. Baz's Peterhead side took advantage of a poor first half performance from the Spiders. King scoring a penalty in 41 minutes and Bavidge adding another 3 minutes later. Despite creating a few more chances in the second half we were unable to scored, so it remained 2-0.

Queens Park 3-0 Alloa

Bit of a surprising result as Queens Park ran out easy winners, made easier by the fact that O'Donovan got sent off for Alloa after only 13 minutes. By that time we were already 1-0 up through Kristjansson (8), we continued to press and went 2-0 up just before half time Nick Adams with his first goal for the club (45). The Spiders continued were they left off after the break as Kristjansson scored again (49) to ensure a home win.

Overall I am pleased with the amount of youth players I was able to bring in as obviously there was a lot of competition. Hopefully more will follow before the window closes if anyone is left to sign. I will also be looking to bring in some players on loan.

motherwell.jpg

Another season dawns on us and it is a key season for everyone at Motherwell as we look to get back to the SPL, On the transfer front last season's loan star Ian MacSween made his move to the Well permantent in a £80k deal as he is joined by Icelandic duo Tryggvi Bjarnsson and Gunnar Hediar Porvaldsson.

Players In<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 6.6.2006 | Taylor, James | Swansea | Free |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 23.6.2006 | Marsh, Simon | Free Transfer | Free |

| 26.6.2006 | Tawse, Kenny | Forfar | £20K |

| 27.6.2006 | MacSween, Ian | Falkirk | £80K |

| 28.6.2006 | Þorvaldsson, Gunnar Heiðar | ÃBV | £90K |

| 29.6.2006 | Bjarnason, Tryggvi | ÃBV | £50K |

| 2.7.2006 | Wyness, Dennis | Hearts | Free |

| 4.7.2006 | Ferdinand, Anton | Free Transfer | Free |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £240K </pre>

Players Out<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 3.6.2006 | Dixon, Jon | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 3.6.2006 | Poole, Danny | Free Transfer | Free |

| 6.6.2006 | Pearson, Stephen | Bolton | £2M |

| 6.6.2006 | Lauchlan, Jim | Swansea | Free |

| 23.6.2006 | Craig, Steven | Raith Rovers | Free |

| 24.6.2006 | Clarke, David | Gretna | £0 |

| 30.6.2006 | Leitch, Scott | Free Transfer | Free |

| 30.6.2006 | Malcolm, Stuart | Free Transfer | Free |

| 30.6.2006 | Reed, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Jackson, Mark | Hartlepool | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Burns, Alex | St. Mirren | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Graham, Paul | Rhyl | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Hamilton, Jim | Aldershot | Free |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £2M

</pre>

We managed to make a good start to the season as we played two and won two however we have made it hard for ourselves in these games and if we are to continue winning we will have to play alot better.

Challenge Cup 1st - New Bayview - East Fife 0 - 1 Motherwell

Porvaldsson 105

Firs Park - East Stirling 1 - 3 Motherwell

Boyle 31 Porvaldsson 62

Burns 84

MacSween 88

</pre>

jags.jpg

Partick Thistle 2 - 0 Hearts

A good start to the season continues , and another kid is introduced to the midfield mix. After 15yr Old Lee Holden made his debut in the Thistle midfield at the start of the season, 16yr old Karl Bell is introduced to the midfield to partner Vampeta, the Brazilians world cup winning experience expected to rub off on the kids this season, allowing them to form a long term partnership in the Thistle midfield. Midfield generals Jamie Buchan and David Rowson are seeing limited time in the team this year as the kids develop, and may have to take games in the defence to stay in the longer term plans. However its the introduction of 16yr old kid goals Anthony Clark that turns the game after Hearts stifle Igor in the first half. Clarks nod on in 67 minutes finds the onrushing Beganskiy, and he curls one home at the near post. And after a strong midfield performance from Vampeta and Bell, the youngster lofts an inch perfect ball forward to set Beganskiy free in the 90th minute, and the striker scores yet again at from close in to seal a good solid home win.

Forfar 2 - 1 Partick Thistle

Aye. Assistant manager SACKED when i get back. Bugger selects a few players i wouldnt have , plays a formation i wouldnt have, and despite taking an early lead , gets absoloutely BATTERED by the Loons in the last 10 minutes as he forgets to make proper substitutions for tired players. Whit a ******! Well played Turpie , im sure you did something tactically that wiped the floor with the AI , but i cant for the life of me think what it was, since i wasnt there. Last 10 minutes of Diablo? (would explain the 2 goals lost)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Well played Turpie , im sure you did something tactically that wiped the floor with the AI , but i cant for the life of me think what it was, since i wasnt there. Last 10 minutes of Diablo? (would explain the 2 goals lost) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diablo? Me never bod im a 442 merchant ill see ya at Firhill the next time icon_wink.gif

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

Challenge Cup Raith Rovers A 1-6

With the previous match being a league game at home to Rovers and the score being 2-1 this game could have gone each way, but Airdrie started strong and controlled the match perfectly. Three goals from Barry “ You are my Larsson†Elliot (M.O.M) and another three from new signing Ruisinho seen us through. Our only let down was the goal given with Lee Camp not really performing as well as he can. All three subs got a run out which Manager Robertson likes to do.

Clyde A 1-0

A disappointing lacklustre display by Airdrie, we looked tired and not match fit. I think the previous Cup game left its mark on this match. Clyde got the only goal and given our display deserved the points. Lee Camp (M.O.M) saved out blushes with his out standing display from goal.

St. Johnstone A 3-4

Well what can you say; it took four goals to get all the points off a rather good St. Johnstone side. Two goals from (M.O.M) Jacconelli and one each from Elliot and sub Rushinho seen us grab the points though at times the game was in the balance. Ben Andrews seems to be making an impact this season at left back with some excellent tackles and passing.

Challenge Cup 3rd rd A Berwick 1-2.

This was a tough match that needed the whole team to be on form. Elliot (M.O.M) and Jacconelli got both the goals and seen us pass to the next round. Ben Andrews was lost to injury and we will hope he makes a quick recovery.

Lets all hope Thursday session is more fluid, I think the server must have been running other things or did Turps not wind up his Mac.

icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

A side we ripped apart 5-1 icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here when you win a cup get back to me !!!! icon_biggrin.gif

MIXED RESULTS FOR PETERHEAD

After a slow session not much games got played but in 3 games the blue toon still managed 13 goals but only won once here is the results:-

EAST STIRLING 4 PETERHEAD 3

The blue toon just missed out on an upset giving East Stirling a run for their money Bavidge,Watson and Robertson scoring the blue toons goals with East Stirling only winning it with an 86th min strike.

BERWICK 5 PETERHEAD 5

Mark Goodman scored a hat-trick with Bavidge and Robertson scoring Peterheads other goals in a game which could go down as the longest one in history it took so long.

ROSS COUNTY 2 PETERHEAD 5

Peterhead looked good in this game but im sure it would have been alot diff if it wasnt against the AI Goodman with 4 goals and Bavidge grabbing one in betweeen replys from Hugo and Roberts gave Peterhead a win they deserved.

There is not much more to report about the blue toon except star defender Watson is out for 3 month but Gunn is sure the Blue Toon can survive the drawbacks.

thebluebrazil.jpg

Stewart Grateful For 3rd Chance

Cowdenbeath New boss, Iain Stewart announced today at his relief of getting back into football management. After making a cow's arse of Berwick then Morton, he thank The Blue Brazil board for showing confindence and giving him the chance to prove his worth.

Stewart has very limit cash but a small squad that has decent potential and some very good talent which is supported by a number of promising youngsters. Stewart has brough in a few players and loans to bolster the squad for the season ahead and has been pleased with the start to the season so far.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Players In

Bogatyrev, Vyacheslav Jetysu £24K

McDonald, Andy Partick Thistle £0

Menelaws, David Queens Park £4K

Day, Neil Free

Downey, Glen Free

Harper, Lee Free

Total £28K

</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Players Out[/]

Donlan, Jason Trafford Free

McKeown, John Whitehill Welfare Free

Daniel, Wayne Newport IW Free

Total £0

</pre>

The Club Currently sit in top end of the table with some good performance, nothing fancy but steady and results are going our way. A few injuries have been picked up, but the young players filling in are more than holding there own, but a number of last minute loans deals are tying to be made to cover the injuries and provide depth of squad for the remainder of the season.

So far so good !

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

The new season kicks off with 'The Shire' crowned kings of Div2 and a well earned promotion to the loft heights of the Scottish First division, a challenge Shire boss Burnett was relishing until a schoolie error on setting his hols in pre-season saw three star performers shipped out to engerlish clubs for a fraction of the money they were really worth, a mistake never again to be made.

Challenge cup 1st round:

Away to ICT, a venue that Shire boss Burnett is sure is the first meeting of these clubs since the GREAT KICKOFF. the match proved to be a stormer and all even at 4-4 after 90mins, ET failed to provide an outright winner and the resulting penalty shoot out was won by the Falkirk side.

Div 1:

Motherwell (Home)

Burnett's tip for promotion this season were the SHIRE'S opening test in the new campaign, and it seemed from the first 45mins that the newly promoted upstarts had the measure of the former SPL club, but a second half comeback by Motherwell saw them overwhelm the Shire and leave with all three points.

East Stirling 1-3 Motherwell

Challenge cup 2nd Rnd:

Peterhead (Home)

A rip roaring cup tie, end to end action, chances galore and goals aplenty, Peterhead gave as good as they got and left Firs park beaten but not defeated.

East Stirling 4-3 Peterhead

Div 1:

Falkirk (Away)

Derby time and a fixture the SHIRE know little about, the bus ride to meet their bigger cousin's proved to be a journey too far for the lowly SHire and they were outplayed and soundly beaten with nothing they could take from this game and build upon.

Falkirk 4-0 East Stirling

DIV 1:

Arbroath (Home)

The Shire fought hard for a share of the spoils in this closely contended fixture, and the even scoreline seem just.

East Stirling 1-1 Arbroath

Challenge cup 3rd Rnd:

Gretna (Away)

Facing a side that they had battered and bruised all through the previous season left no worries for Shire Boss Burnett, and a nightmare of missed chances, sealed the Shire fateas Burnett watched his side go down to the border club.

Gretna 1-0 East Stirling.

So it begins, life in the first division, the experiance for this young SHIRE side has not been good, picking up 1 point from 9 and losing goals aplenty.

Having been the all conquering war machine of the 3rd and 2nd div's its not going to be easy for the supporters, staff and players of THE SHIRE to watch their side taking punishment so easily, but we will fight, and we will learn, and we will emerge victorious...it's just a matter of time.

motherwell.jpg

Despite the session being dogged by slowness Motherwell managed to get in a few games however 2 defeats and 1 win was simply not good enough and the defence heard all about it especially after the thrilling 11 goal challenge cup game against Berwick.

However it looked like we got things back on track when we demolised Dunfermlie by 6 goals to 1 but promotion candidates Clyde were more than a match for us when the beat us in the final game of the session.

Challenge Cup 2nd - Shielfield - Berwick 6 - 5 Motherwell

McCormick 2642 Macsween 27,44

Love 29 Taylor 61,77,83

Pearson 64,70,90

Fir Park - Motherwell 6 - 1 Dunfermline

MacSween 4,34 Young 67

Taylor pen 26,85

Charles 59

Ribeiro 74

Fir Park - Motherwell 0 - 1 Clyde

Kern 54

</pre>

Things will have to improve in all area's even though it is early in the campaign, with so many good teams and managers in the division we can't afford too many slip ups if we are to claim promotion.

jags.jpg

With Bod , all things are possible

And so it proved with a run of excellent results , following last weeks disappointmenting away loss to Turpie's Forfar.

Dundee United 0 - 1 Partick Thistle

A wobbly start to the session sees Thistle winning at Tannadice courtesy of 29th minute penalty by Igor, after Holden had been bundled to the ground by Griffin. The rest of the match is basically Thistle attempting to contain Collin Samuel, who seems to be everywhere at once and is quicker than a Coisty shag (whether it be Suzi Quatro or not). A minor injury to youngster Karl Bell is the only downside to this game.

Partick Thistle 3 - 1 Rangers

Ah yes. A glasgow Derby. The fans are up for it, the players are up for it, and in 3 minutes , Manny Panther skins Fernando ricksen , launches an inch perfect ball into the box, and Pavel Beganskiy heads home to make it 1-0. Thistle rest of their laurels a bit, playing a bit more defensively , inviting rangers on, and are caught on 55 minutes as Stephen Hughes hit home from 20 yards with Postma clutching at thin air. The jags however are spurred on by a passionate home crowd, and in 78 minutes , retake the lead , a brilliant Vampeta through ball finding Igor , and the big man slots home coolly under the onrushing Klos. Thistle stifle the game , again inviting Rangers onto them, and this time they get the break , a long ball out of defence finding Beganskiy , and his slide rule pass into the pass of Igor has the fans off their seats .... and a finish straight out of the Ronaldo playbook sees the big man collect his 2nd of the game, sends the Huns off home grumbling "Morten Olsen, ya fanny".

European Champions League

Partick Thistle 3 - 2 Inter Milan

European Football at Firhill hasnt been around since the Intertoto cup farce of 1994 , but this time a truly top class team came to Firhill , and a mighty battle ensued. Early goals from Igor (17) and a Cannavaro OG (19) put Thistle in the driving seat, but the quality of Inter shone through , and they equalised through goals from Martins (57) and Zanetti (71). With time running out , McGuinness threw everyone forward , and with mere minutes on the clock , Igor went up for the header from a Panther corner , and the ball came off the hapless Cordoba (87) and into the net past a stranded Toldo. The fans went ballistic! 3 points and the perfect start to our Champions League campaign.

Hibernian 0 - 3 Partick Thistle

Back to the domestic scene, and a tough tough trip to Easter Road. With some of the squad rested after their midweek exploits , the 16yr old duo of Tim Hunt and Anthony Clark started up front, and proceeded to single handedly rip Hibs a new arse. Goals from Clark (13 , 54) and Huckerby (57) were the main talking points, and Hibs finishing with 10 men after 2 yellows for Clive Clarke (SO 88). Thistle sit 2nd in the league, and show no signs of taking their eye off the ball just because theyre in the Champions League.

Partick Thistle 2 - 0 Kilmarnock

SINGING AHM NO A KILLIE AHM A JAG!

With the big CL game against Litex coming up, McGuinness rested a lot of the regulars for this one, playing a few more kids and introducing some who had waited their time in the reserves and now had to make a name with the big boys, or be lost within the shuffle.In came Mackie, Bell , Gregory and Gilbert for their more experienced counterparts. In 18 minutes , the decision came back to haunt McGuinness as Gregory stepped up to smack a penalty straight at Langfield. Gregory however has a huge future at the club, and came good on the stroke of half time , as a Gilbert cross was met by the 16yr old at the near post, and Gregory (44) opened his account for the club. Despite constant pressure, Thistle seemed unable or unwilling to score again , until a Vampeta ball out wide to Huckerby was cut back 25 yards out , and Panther (67) smashed home an unstoppable drive from fully 25 yards. Shortly after, a double substitution for Gregory and Panther saw them receive a standing ovation from the Thistle faithful, and Gregory in particular looks as though he may well be the best player yet from an outstanding Thistle youth policy.

European Champions League

Litex 1 - 1 Partick Thistle

Anatoli Todorov. Unbelievable. Faster than lightning , stronger than steel , and unmarkable. In 11 minutes , the ball goes over the top, Piiroja is left for dead, and Todorov shoots , the shot is saved, but the ball rebounds off him into the net. Mark Gregory however has other ideas, and on 77 minutes , he collects a long ball back into the box from Milne , and hammers it hard into the bottom left corner to equalise. Thistle hold out in the face of strong pressure, and its a valuable away point for the Jags as they chase qualification for the 2nd phase.

Livingston 3 - 2 Partick Thistle

Oh Man!

The Hoodoo team strikes again , with goals from Karp (21) , McGovern (33) , McMenamin (60) beating a couple of strikes from Gregory (20) and Clark (86) as Thistle drop key points away from home. Fortunately , Forfar drop 2 points at home again, and Thistle retain their slender lead at the top of the league.

qp-banner.jpg

Gretna 3-2 Queens Park

Poor defending cost us the match. Many chances were created but we couldn't finish enough of them. Sigere put Gretna ahead (36) Queens Park equalised immediatley, McLeod (39). Darren Smith scored for the home side but Queens Park again scored quickly through Lee San (73). Mark Dempsie scored the winner for Gretna in the 75th minute.

Queens Park 4-0 QOS

We totally dominated this match and ran out deservant winners. Kristjansson scored in 6 minutes and McLeod made it 2-0 before half time (26). The score remained like this up until the last few minutes as we continued to press, in the end QOS fell apart as we scored 2 more through Kristjansson (88) and McKenzie (90).

Brechin 1-4 Queens Park

Queens Park went 2-0 in the first third of the game through Kristjansson (21) and Williams (26). Brechin pulled one back at the end of the first half through Templeman (45). The home side started the second half well and had a few chances to equalise. However, sub Scott Rogers came on to seal the win with a goal (70) and Kristjansson added the 4th (81).

St Mirren 2-2 Queens Park

Nicky O'Connor put St Mirren ahead on 25 minutes and the score remained that way until half time in a pretty boring first half. Izale McLeod equalised right after the break (48). o'Connor scored again to put The Saints 2-1 up but they couldn't hold on as Kristjansson made it 2-2.

Queens Park 2-3 Morton

Lee San put us ahead from the penalty spot on half time (45). It didn't take long for The Ton to recover after the break as Jan Mortensen scored (52) then Vasco Firmino right after him (53). After some heavy pressure from the home team they finally scored through Lee San (88). This wasn't enough as Firmino curled in a shot past Johnston to make it 3-2.

Queens Park 6-2 Hearts

Queens park surprised everyone including their own manager with this result. It was an exciting match as Pressly put Hearts ahead (15), Kristjansson equalised (24) before Harding put the visitors in front (44). A superb second half performance saw the Spiders score 5 goals and in the process demolishing Hearts. Kristjansson completed his hat trick to make it 3-2 (60,66). Lee San made it 4-2 (71) and in the last 10 minutes Cornelly (81) and mcLeod (84) wrapped up the victory.

Hamilton 0-4 Queens Park

Rogers put us ahead early on (9) and we never looked back. Kristjansson made it 2-0 (20) and mcLeod added another a few minutes laster (24). Substitute Coated made it 4 (70).

Queens Park 4-0 Montrose

Queens Park continued their prolific goal scoring form as they scored another 4 goals againt a Montrose team who never looked liked threathening. We totally dominated from the first minutes when Cornelly scored the opener (1), Krstjansson made it 2-0 (28). We scored 2 more in the secod half through McLeod (56) and Rogers (60).

We are playing very well at the minute and are and are still in the League Cup - an away game against Forfar awaits in the 3rd round. We have a slender lead at the top of Division 2 but a couple of defeats and we will be mid table as it is very tight at the top.

I am off on holiday on Sunday lads so I'll see you when I get back, hopefully my assistant won't have messed it up too much and I still have a chance of promotion. icon_wink.gif

PETERHEAD TOP! BUT CAN IT LAST?

The 3rd division looks like it will be alot closer than last year with the top 3 teams all breathing down each others neck.The Blue Toon will be hoping their luck can continue throughout the season and even have a league cup 3rd round game against the premier league champions bod to look forward too.Other news from Peterhead fc is a manager of the month award for Gunn and midfielder Gilroy left the club to play in england but the blue toon recieved 9k which all helps clear the debt.With the board and fans delighted at the job Gunn is doing its giving Gunn the freedom to do what he wants without looking over his shoulder in fear of the dreaded chop.Having been at the club for nearly a year and half Gunn looks like he has a settled squad and has guys who really want to play for each other but can they keep up the good form all season? Can they knock Bod out of cup? Can they win the 3rd Division? Can Gunn win another manager of the month? only time will tell but knowing Mr Gunn hell give it a damn good shot.

Here is this sessions results:-

PETERHEAD 1 STIRLING 2

A bad performance all round Gunn rested a few players for the cup game in midweek but didnt expect his team to perform so bad Bavidge scored a consolation goal for the Blue Toon but not much of them leaving with their heads held high.

PETERHEAD 3 STENHOUSMUIR 0LEAGUE CUP 1st ROUND

A superb performance and one the team should be proud of they were the better team through out with Robertson grabbing 2 goals and Bavidge grabbing the other.It gives The Blue Toon a chance for a bit of extra cash after drawing QOS in the next round.

COWDENBEATH 3 PETERHEAD 2

Two of the top three teams were involved in this game and it lived up to it as it was a brilliant game to watch as both teams battled hard Smythe scored 2 and Jackson scored to give Cowdenbeath a comfortable lead but Goodman and a wonderful free kick from Harris made them sweat but they held on for a win in what was a pretty even game in the end.

PETERHEAD 2 DUMBARTON 1

Back to winning ways for the blue toon with a good performance at balmoor King and Goodman the scorers and Mellanby getting a consolation goal for Dumbarton.

PETERHEAD 4 QUEEN OF THE SOUTH 1LEAGUE CUP 2nd ROUND

It went to extra time but the blue toon showed they have the stamina by hitting 3 goals in extra time to go through to the 3rd round Davis gave Peterhead the lead with Mckeown grabbing a late equaliser but Goodman with 2 and Green with a goal gave Peterhead a big victory in the end.

ELGIN 1 PETERHEAD 3

Gunn was worried when his team went down 1 0 early on to a Taylor goal but they came back into it almost instantly with Goodman on target with a double and Davis scoring from midfield with a shot from well outside the box to give Peterhead another 3 points in the bag.

PETERHEAD 2 EAST FIFE 0

Another fine performance lifts the blue toon to top of the league only a few points separates the top few teams though so more performances like this needed Robertson and Goodman scoring the goals for the blue toon in what has been a strong start to the season.

Mr Gunn is happy with his team and the effort they are putting in but he still wont rest there Gunn has scouts trying to find new talent all the time and if he finds someone he thinks can do a job he wont hesitate in bringing them in.

Guest sav112

topframe2%20copy.jpg

Stenhousemuir H 0-1

A disappointing game with both Jose Carlos and Eddie Logan both injured early on. Manager Robertson was seen getting into the ground 5 seconds before the game and might explain why the players were set out with an away tactic. We lost this by the one goal and should have done better and the players now it.

Montrose A 0-0 League Cup

It went all the to penalties and Airdrie showed their class with our first three players up hitting the back of the net and with Montrose only getting one out of four it was all over. Eddie Logan, Jaconelli and Carlos stepped up and got us through.

East Stirling A 2-2

This was a decent draw with Elliot and Dunn scoring and getting us the point. The team played well on the whole and put in a good shift with our only worry an injury to Lee Camp

Challenge Cup Falkirk H 2-0

Airdrie dominated this game and Barry Elliot (M.O.M) looks to be back ob form with his two goals to get us through. This could be our best hope for silverware this season, so it was good to progress.

Dunfermline H 1-0

Even with a bad injury to Eddie Logan we still managed to come out on top with Elliot’s goal. Sean Williams (M.O.M) was simply outstanding in our defence and just might have been the difference.

Forfar H League Cup 0-1

We crashed out of the cup after matching Forfar on the pitch. One quick counter that should have been expected by the defence lost us a goal. Considering we were playing a top SPL side we can’t be disappointed, if anything it bodes well that we can compete at this level.

Motherwell A 2-0

Motherwell never looked like threatening us as Elliot and Jaconelli rapped up the points. Ben Andrews (M.O.M) was or rock at the back along with John Fitter who is fitting in nicely since his signing.

Falkirk H 3-0

A great performance that left Falkirk with nothing to show for the game. Jose Carlos (M.O.M) scored a peach with O’Brian and Elliot also on the score sheet. Airdrie dominated from the start and it ended up being an easy three points.

LoonsLogo.jpg

Loons make solid start in SPL

Season 3 is well underway now and Forfar are finding it tough playing with the big boys! Nearly a quarter of the season has been played and amazingly Forfar remain unbeaten and lie in 3rd just behind rivals Partick Thislte and pace setters Celtic. Four wins and four draws has been a good solid start, especially as the Loons are expected to bravely fight relegation this season. gaffer Turps knows other wise and is determined to challenge and qualify for Europe this season.

Squad wise our best performers have been the sensational Oskarsson and wide men again Veirinha & Jussi Pekka. 18 year old English rightback Scott Hill has broken into the 1st team and now owns the DR position which has been very pleasing. The experienced sigings of Crawford,Dubeery and Keith Gillespie have failed so far to set the heather on fire, but their experience is invaluable and the young talent at the club are bound to benefit.Heres how the early games went with two fine wins over Bods Jags and Savs Airdrie in the Cup!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| | | | | | | |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 12.8.2006 | 15:00 | A | Livingston | Premier League | | 3 : 0 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 19.8.2006 | 15:00 | A | Kilmarnock | Premier League | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 26.8.2006 | 15:00 | H | Partick Thistle | Premier League | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 2.9.2006 | 15:00 | H | Dundee | Premier League | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 16.9.2006 | 15:00 | A | Celtic | Premier League | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 23.9.2006 | 15:00 | H | Hearts | Premier League | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 27.9.2006 | 19:30 | A | Airdrie Utd | League Cup 2nd Rnd | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 30.9.2006 | 15:00 | H | Aberdeen | Premier League | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 7.10.2006 | 15:00 | H | Dundee Utd | Premier League | | 1 : 1 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

jags.jpg

Partick Thistle 4 - 0 Dundee

The Thistle fans came to this game for 2 reasons. They knew there were 3 easy points coming their way, and they wanted to continue to show their appreciation for Jim Duffy , Thistle Legend. Game was over by half time , goals from Gregory , Lilley , Begasnskiy and Panther , but the fans carried on singing "Jimbo , gie us a wave" for the whole duration. A good day out was had by all.

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round

Peterhead 3 - 4 Partick Thistle

A tight affair , goals aplenty, horrific goalkeeping from Thistle, and a 90th minute winner from Karl Bell was the story of this one. Im sure Baz can give a more in depth story of the match, suffice to say manager McGuinness gave Lee Holden an absoloute bollocking, and wasnt too polite to Stefan Postma either when the game was finished.

Celtic 2 - 6 Partick Thistle

Mark Gregory 4 , Alpay 0. That was the halftime score. Chala and Edwards pulled 2 back , then Beganskiy hit a double, and Celtic were thinking about sacking the gaffer, again. Whit a pile of tattie munching pillocks. I wouldnt sign them for my youth squad. Overpaid and undertalented, the boss has a long way to go if THAT mob are ever to win the title again.

European Champions League Group G

Partick Thistle 2 - 0 Real Sociedad

This wasnt even a contest. Sociedad didnt manage a single shot on goal, Thistle had 14, 2 goals from Igor finished it, and with Litex beating Inter in a shock result at the San Siro, the groundwork was laid for moving onto the 2nd stage.

Hearts 2 - 2 Partick Thistle

With a big game coming up, the boss had to make the tough decision to drop several of his "Stars" and bring in their understudies. The result showed, as despite a double from Gregory , Hearts came into the game late on with goals from Kirk and Harding to seal a late comeback draw. McGuinness was furious with the defending , but recognised that the kids would develop over time, and mistakes like this hopefully will not be repeated.

Partick Thistle 2 - 3 Forfar

"I will love it , LOVE IT , if we beat them" declared Boss Turps in a pre match interview, echoing the Keegan speech of many years before, but perhaps in a self effacing parody to lull the Jags into a false sense of security.I have no words to describe my feelings on this game or the result. I guess this will have to do

http://homepages.manx.net/kurashima/turpie_diablo.jpg

Jags Boss announces 6 week sabbatical

Thistle boss Stevie "Bod" McGuinness has announced that he will be leaving on a "Fact Finding Mission" to the Isle of Man for the next 6 weeks, scouting local talent and leaving his assistant manager in charge of the team. Rumours that McGuinness had lost his passion for the game have been denied, but the club had no further comment to make on this matter.

HAHAHAH BOD thats hilarious just because u lost a game in the SPL against a human. I played that diablo for 3omins of the 1st half with the idea of winding u up and it worked a cracker. if u canny ses that then yer a total MUG!

Have fun in yer sabatical ye canny win em all M8 no even the great Bod is unbeatable icon_biggrin.gif

dunf.jpg

There was wailing and nashing of teeth on the windswept streets of Arbroath, as manager Stuart Redmond announced that, after three very successful years at the club, in which he had guided them back to the First Division, and had ended 3rd there last season, he was leaving in a shock move to bottom side Dunfermline.

Redmond made a short statement to the 20 or so fans who had gathered outside Gayfield: It has been a good time here at Arbroath, but I feel the time is right to move on, and Dunfermline is a club with great potential. And wads of cash, but that never persuaded me, honest. I would like to thank the Arbroath board and fans for giving me the chance to manage them, and I hope they continue to achieve their potential.

And with that, Redmond was whisked away in a black Mercedes to East End Park, to begin a new life.

------------------------------------------------

With a quarter of the season gone, Dunfermline were fimrly rooted to the bottom of Division One, with no win, only 2 points, and only 2 goals. They hadn't scored for over ten games, it was easy to see why. The squad was utter pish. And with Rab Douglas and the other only decent keeper at the club both injured, things didnt look good as we geared up for my first match, and it turned out as I feared as we were trounced 4-0 by Falkirk, and its hard to see how this club can survive.

My first home match was, ironically, against Arbroath, and goals from Noel Hunt, and Darren Young saw us win our first match of the season, and came as a huge relief. A 3-0 loss at Raith though in the last game for now, and although we have moved off the bottom, its going to take a miracle to stay up.

The one thing the club does have though, is cash, and loads of it. Its already being spent as no less than eight of the best Arbroath youths have been snapped up, and a few other players have also signed on the dotted line. Of course, non of them will ariive for about six of seven weeks, and its a matter of somehow hanging in there till they do. Should be fun icon_rolleyes.gif

HAHAHAH BOD thats hilarious just because u lost a game in the SPL against a human. I played that diablo for 3omins of the 1st half with the idea of winding u up and it worked a cracker. if u canny ses that then yer a total MUG!

Have fun in yer sabatical ye canny win em all M8 no even the great Bod is unbeatable icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its just a game Rosco, remember. Thats all it is.

Enjoy yer holiday. Im going to enjoy mine.

PETERHEAD CAN THEY LAST PACE

A good session for Peterhead still at the top after a few good results they were as follows:-

ALBION R 0 PETERHEAD 1

Goodman scoring the only goal of the game to give the blue toon 3 points.

STRANRAER 0 PETERHEAD 4

All the strikers were on target in this game Goodman 2,Robertson and Bavidge grabbing the goals that set the blue toon up for a game against Partick Th.

PETERHEAD 3 PARTICK TH 4LEAGUE CUP ROUND 3

A brill game for the fans to watch and Gunn made his team push all the way Mcguiness Goodman and Robertson scoring for peterhead but goals from Hunt Pirroja Igor and a 90th min goal by Bell won it at the death for Partick but Gunn was happy with the effort by his players.

PETERHEAD 1 BERWICK 3

Bavidge scored for the Blue Toon but it wasnt enough as Pearmin and Ross 2 scored to make the points Berwicks.

PETERHEAD 4 ROSS CNTY 2

Peterhead bounce back after 2 defeats with all the strikers getting a goal Robertson Sim and Goodman 2 scoring for the blue toon but Ross cnty had chances and got a couple back through Jose and Slade but it wasnt enough to stop the blue toon leap frog them into top spot.

STIRLING 0 PETERHEAD 2

Goodman scored two as Peterhead done what they needed to to get the points.

PETERHEAD 3 COWDENBEATH 1

A good performance here to secure another win Goodman and Bavidge with two had the blue toon up 3 0 a Baird goal threatend to liven it up but it was only a consolation in the end as Peterhead took control.

Archived