• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - December 2020 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

zdzD1LZ.png

PsCxWSB.png

A worse month in terms of goals and we again failed to beat F.C. Santa Coloma, but otherwise we're still going strong, ending the year with a five-point lead at the top.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - January 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

qKcwfKY.png

aZRmyX9.png

We lost two central midfielders and a right winger, all key players, and it has already started to show. We could still be in trouble if we don't get a good youth intake.

Transfers

Andreu Matos - a free transfer to improve our squad depth.

23 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Well, actually... :D

Andorra does not have its own armed forces,[2] although there is a small ceremonial army. Responsibility for defending the nation rests primarily with France and Spain.[96] However, in case of emergencies or natural disasters, the Sometent (an alarm) is called and all able-bodied men between 21 and 60 of Andorran nationality must serve.[97][98] This is why all Andorrans, and especially the head of each house (usually the eldest able-bodied man of a house) should, by law, keep a rifle, even though the law also states that the police will offer a firearm in case of need.[98] Andorra is a full member of the United Nations (UN), the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), and has a special agreement with the European Union (EU).

Wow. That actually sounds quite effective

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

z0OQhX6.png

bSNTaae.png

A month of two halves. Something wrong happened to our finishing in the last couple of games. We're still in a good position, but we need to improve.

Youth Intake

fV56gkR.png

:cool:

Cristiano Leite

Miguel Cruchinho

Paulo Batista

Ricardo Maio

André Fernandes

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

HhqR09r.png

ZWRtDgu.png

A late defeat to Penya Encarnada marked three games without a goal scored in a row. Hopefully the F.C. Santa Coloma result will mark a turnaround.

Copa Constitució

6zlWfxf.png

A disappointing, but deserved defeat.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - May 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

qRh5RgE.png

IYJJsby.png

I played a rotated squad, so it's not that much of a fuss. I would have liked to end the season in a better fashion nevertheless.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2020/21 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

Results (regular season) - Results (championship group)

Competition Performance: Winners

The board wanted me to win the league at the first attempt, and win the league I did. It wasn't quite as emphatic as it could have been if we stretched our form from particular games across the whole season, but all that matters at the end is the first place. Hopefully this is just the start of something much bigger.

Copa Constitució

Competition Performance: Quarter-Final

We didn't turn up.

Squad

Unsurprisingly we have a bunch of players who are simply too good for this league. An incredible young squad with tons of potential, what's not to love about these kids?

Transfers - Finances

No real stars coming in, with Delpuech probably being the best pick of the bunch. A few significant outgoings in Dimas, Peixoto, and Carneiro though, all of them key players in the first half of the season. Hopefully we'll be able to make bigger figures from selling such great players in the future.

We have a healthy balance that's only going to get better now that we're in Europe. No worries here.

Player of the Season

1st - Marcos Grilo - it was a battle between him and Rodrigues, but I decided to choose Grilo just because of the narrative of this. Utterly hopeless between September and December, wasting every chance he got rotating with Pedro Carneiro. He kicked up a fuss in January and only stayed at the club because no one wanted to pay as little as £500 for him. After Carneiro left he had to fill his boots... and he did! 4 goals and 7 assists after the winter break made him suddenly become an important player for us. I love such stories, long it may continue!

2nd - João Rodrigues - the league's top goalscorer and probably a player who's too good to be wasting the critical period of his development kicking it about with amateurs in Andorra. A nice round contribution of 20 goals saw him become a vital factor of our title challenge. I can imagine him pushing to break this record if he decides to stay with us for another season.

3rd - Francisco Silva - if he could maintain consistency, he would have torn the league to pieces already. Unstoppable on his day, but there are also games where he disappoints by simply not turning up. Still, 11 goals and 7 assists are not to be overlooked. A huge factor in the league campaign.

Next Season

Retain the title, win the cup, grab as much money from Europe as possible. I hope to qualify for the proper qualifying round of the Champions League.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Board Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it
Copa Constitució: Win it
Supercopa andorrana: Not important
UEFA Champions League: First Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it.
Copa Constitució: Win it.
Supercopa andorrana: Win it.
UEFA Champions League: Win... I mean, get into the proper qualifying rounds.

Budgets:

Transfer: £129,667
Wage: £4,190 (currently spending £1,677)
Balance: £176,830

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - June 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Champions League

RP7s79e.png

I thought it would be more difficult.

We've drawn the champions of Poland Lech Poznań in the next round though, so it's going to be painful.

5 hours ago, tyler16 said:

Great progress. Those players look amazing for Andorra!

Cheers! The Portuguese guys are much better than anyone that the other clubs in the league can get, so if our squad doesn't get stripped by clubs poaching our stars, we should be walking the league every year. I can't wait to see who we can produce after we max out our junior coaching and youth recruitment.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - July 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Champions League

TQZSl9D.png

Ouch, so close! The gulf in quality was enormous, but we somehow managed to be extremely dangerous on the counter and give Lech a real run for their money. We equalised from 0:2 down in Andorra and in the away leg we found ourselves 1:4 down and also managed to pull two back. To add to it all, we had Rodrigues miss an absolute sitter in the 95th minute of the return leg!

We drop into the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Europa League where we'll meet Zalgiris from Lithuania. It should be less difficult, can we...?

Friendlies

5d1JVNu.png

Just a few games to maintain fitness.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - August 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Europa League

8tweUU6.png

We fought and made it past Zalgiris before Young Boys reminded us of our place. Still, I'm very happy with my first European campaign.

Transfers

Adam Smith - a temporary solution to our problem that arised after selling Delmindo Souto to Benfica (yup, that Benfica).

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

MexUMi9.png

JAe6iSl.png

An unbeaten start, but far from a great one.

Supercopa

lz4jp1C.png

We seem to be prone to awful performances from time to time, and this was one of them. A wasted opportunity to grab a trophy.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - October 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

6FsIVyM.png

e2VSkWS.png

Boom! I decided to switch to a counter-attacking approach to patch up our leaky defence as well as be a little bit more inviting, and we've suddenly started to absolutely dominate every game. In other words, we're finally playing like we should. Let's see how long we can carry on with this.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - December 2021 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

av8CYBG.png

Dxislmt.png

Another close defeat that temporarily cost us the top spot, but we're back in the driving seat with a two point advantage ahead of what's shaping up to be an interesting three way battle.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - January 2022 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

UsTFTRZ.png

a7w26Ha.png

We did our job, but so did our rivals.

Transfers

João Rodrigues - our superstar has been sold to Rio Ave, but we've loaned him back until the end of the season.

Francisco Silva is also off to Torreense.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2022 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

beCKklE.png

1Q59vD0.png

We beat Sant Julià! Oh, and a perfect month as well. Seven points clear, eight games to play. It's ours to lose now.

3 hours ago, tyler16 said:

Seixas is a mental 15-year-old regardless of league. In Andorra though... :idiot:

The joys of having Portuguese players generated based on the Portuguese youth rating and not the Andorran one. :D

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - May 2022 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

zvv47Kr.png

3to4sKq.png

An unnecessary defeat and a nice victory to round off the season. Fitting that it was Rodrigues who scored the final goal.

Just now, coady said:

Seixas looks like a genuinely world class talent. Up there with top players from a PL or Bundesliga youth intake! I hope you're able to keep hold of him!

I hope he lives up to the hype surrounding him in this thread! :thup:

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2021/22 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

Results (regular season) - Results (championship group)

Competition Performance: Winners

This time we were a little bit more convincing than last season. Eleven points is a good advantage to end the campaign with and we also managed to put together some nice winning streaks. Next season we'll hope to be even better.

Copa Constitució

Competition Performance: Quarter-Final

We really have to do better than that.

Supercopa andorrana

Competition Performance: Runners-up

Again, not good enough.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: First Qualifying Round

We did well to get past the champions of San Marino and Wales and then we came inches away from sensationally eliminating the champions of Poland on away goals. A very good performance.

UEFA Europa League

Competition Performance: Fourth Qualifying Round

Young Boys were definitely too much for us. I'm happy to have eliminated Zalgiris though, at this stage every win is big.

Squad

The best and most balanced squad in the league by a mile. The quality in midfield and up front is, quite literally, out of this world.

Transfers - Finances

Only two incomings, and two good and useful ones while we're at it. We also made £100K from sales, which is quite big if you ignore our actual financial position and just look at the fact that we're an Andorran club.

We could definitely afford some facility upgrades, but our priorities are elsewhere.

Player of the Season

1st - Adam Smith - when I brought him in, I thought he was only going to spend a season at the club, acting as a bridge between the players we sold and the ones that would come through the academy. He defied all odds though, turning out to be the best left-footed player I've managed since Brinquedo back in the FM16 days. 8 goals in the league and most of them were absolute screamers from outside the box. What a player.

2nd - João Rodrigues - runner-up in this category for the second year running and also our top goalscorer once again. There's not much more to say about him really, other than we'll surely miss him. 29 goals this season, 19 of them in the league. I wish him all the best at Rio Ave and also further down the road, hopefully at some big club.

3rd - Cristiano Leite - there were many candidates for this spot, but I decided to appreciate the work of our academy graduate goalkeeper. Not only does he have some amazing attributes at 17, he also performs accordingly on the pitch. He's already made some world class saves this season, I can't wait to see him develop.

Next Season

Win everything domestically, try to turn professional with the money from Europe.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2022/23 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Board Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it
Copa Constitució: Win it
Supercopa andorrana: Not important
UEFA Champions League: Second Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it.
Copa Constitució: Win it.
Supercopa andorrana: Win it.
UEFA Champions League: Money, money, money. It will be hard to meet the board's expectations though - we're up against Rosenborg in the first round!

Budgets:

Transfer: £1,121,808
Wage: £6,748 (currently spending £1,740)
Balance: £1,432,939

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2022/23 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Friendlies

icueH1e.png

Good.

Transfers

95MtshF.png

The disproportion between our reputation and the quality of our players forces us to do things like this. At least I've managed to negotiate a loan back clause.

Miguel Cruchinho - so yeah, he's developing quite nicely.

Archived