VAR in England

Had some hopes for VAR in England for old saves, however in 19.1.5:

"...also adding in VAR as recently announced for the English top flight starting from the 19/20 season - however this addition requires users to start a new game."

This was pretty much expected, but can we please get VAR for long saves we already started? Say, starting from next season? Yep, I know it's some extra (15 min) work, but it'll show you value loyal FM players.

Just now, KUBI said:

I think it should be possible to add it at least to the in-game editor. It would be a nice feature for the in-game editor anyway. 

Erm. I always disable editor for long-term saves. :(

36 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I think it should be possible to add it at least to the in-game editor. It would be a nice feature for the in-game editor anyway. 

Thank you !! That would be great if added to the in-game editor, would save a lot of people from having to start a new save to their game. (including me ) :)

I almost read the new fix as “if you want VAR for 19/20 season then a new save is required”.

so preexisting saves might get VAR but just not so quickly as next season 

yes I know I’m being incredibly hopeful and naive 

:ackter:

2 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

was tempted to start new save to get VAR in england for realism sake but ive just invested to much time into my chelsea team and doing really well so ill just wait till i get bored.

Same here. Really not into starting a new game to get Fylde back into the PL once again and editor in my current game is disabled.
Would be much appreciated if they could somehow make it work for current save games.

3 hours ago, KUBI said:

It needs one click for goal line technology and one click for VAR to activate it in the editor.

3 hours ago, Amarante said:

Load up the pre game editor, use the advance rules function and gave all leagues VAR. I can make a more detailed explanation if you want. 

Thanks to both for responding. i have never used the pre-game editor, only the in-game one, so your offer to explain would be appreciated. Also, will i need a new save or will this work with my current one ?

thanks again :thup:

12 minutes ago, KUBI said:

All edits with the pre-game editor do only work with a new save.

Thank you again for responding. Back to hoping for the option to be added to the in-game editor again to use for current saves. :)

6 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

There's technical reasons for why these changes require a new save, and it's certainly not 15 mins work to change that.. :D Sorry guys

Bad news... ;-; Guess I'll stick with my old save for now 'cause I was lucky to generate relatively nice female manager and got no work permits changes.

Guess it's Premier League's fault. They really should sort out important issues like that before FM release!

Archived