FM19: Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund

jlgray.94

1 hour ago, Rollin93 said:

I had that idea at the beginning but gotze was awful for me so I had to free up his wages I’ve bought gnarby from Bayern for 10 million he’s doing brilliant 

Fair enough - he was incredibly average for me, although there's been a slight improvement this season as he's got a couple of goals and, amazingly, an actual assist from open play! by a No.10! on FM19! 

Kagawa on the other hand, was actively awful so he's on his way out the door, even though I'd intended to keep him for the duration of his career (always feel like United offloaded him too quickly).

Guys, any of you'll using Sergio Gomez to good effect? I have just signed him for Portsmouth, he was transfer listed for 4 million by Dortmund! He looks great and is rated as a wonderkid. So far he has played better as CM rather than AM. Just wondering what role he has been used in and how he has fared.

sergiogomez.thumb.jpg.06c8862b1736cf72a89635e1d060b281.jpg

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Guys, any of you'll using Sergio Gomez to good effect? I have just signed him for Portsmouth, he was transfer listed for 4 million by Dortmund! He looks great and is rated as a wonderkid. So far he has played better as CM rather than AM. Just wondering what role he has been used in and how he has fared.

sergiogomez.thumb.jpg.06c8862b1736cf72a89635e1d060b281.jpg

I just started with BVB, so I can't speak with experience, but to me, I like my AMC to have a level of mobility, off the ball movement and work rate. Gomez doesn't really excel in those places, but he has an exceptional ability to spot a pass and he is press-resistant. More of a David Silva than a Kevin de Bruyne, if that's a comfortable comparison for you.

Speaking of Gomez, how does he develop? He looks pretty much close to the finished article.

@karanhsingh I've been using him as backup to Götze, he performs well - partially because he can take an alright set piece, but he just generally seems to be a good performer either at AMC as AM-Su / AP-Su or even when he's been dropped into CM as a role he's unsuited for like DLP-De or BBM. As @TheJanitor says, he is "press-resistant", only seems to lose the ball when he plays a risky ball and Alcácer doesn't quite reach it.

When I log onto my game later I'll get a screenshot, I think mine looks a bit better than that just because he's been developed more, but he does start out the game at 3 star out of his 5 star potential. I'm training him to get some interesting movement - on top of his original ppms (which includes "curls ball" which is actually good to watch in FM19) I'm giving him both "Comes Deep To Get Ball" and "Gets Into Opposition Area". 

38 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

@karanhsingh I've been using him as backup to Götze, he performs well - partially because he can take an alright set piece, but he just generally seems to be a good performer either at AMC as AM-Su / AP-Su or even when he's been dropped into CM as a role he's unsuited for like DLP-De or BBM. As @TheJanitor says, he is "press-resistant", only seems to lose the ball when he plays a risky ball and Alcácer doesn't quite reach it.

When I log onto my game later I'll get a screenshot, I think mine looks a bit better than that just because he's been developed more, but he does start out the game at 3 star out of his 5 star potential. I'm training him to get some interesting movement - on top of his original ppms (which includes "curls ball" which is actually good to watch in FM19) I'm giving him both "Comes Deep To Get Ball" and "Gets Into Opposition Area". 

Thanks for the feedback. Yes hoping to develop him further in my game too. And as you said have him dominating all of our set pieces. He's already scored a couple of belters

So I finished 2019/20!

2098164126_Screenshot2018-12-02at02_07_02.thumb.png.8a2e2d491a0943e0e07c632716e695cf.png

We finished a mile off Bayern, who improved by 14 points over last season compared to our 12 point improvement. In truth it could have been a lot closer, but a surprise loss to Wolfsburg at the start of April had them out of sight, with Leverkusen highly unlikely to close the gap, so there were a lot of rotated squads (including the one that got beat 4-0 at the Allianz Arena on match day 34). Cups were another story, but pour one out for Manuel Akanji who did his cruciate on Switzerland duty and so gets no winners medals and may not return until September. 

Europa League:

196390073_Screenshot2018-12-02at02_12_53.thumb.png.2a87ad22818ad0a82496fb0d14e026a5.png

I didn't play even a half-strength team until Frankfurt - it was fully rotated outfield 10s the whole way (Lafont played all but 2 group games on the way to 52 apps in all competitions with 27 clean sheets, 2 goals from direct free kicks and a couple of assists from long punts too) through the group stage. Athletic Bilbao had the unfortunate position of coming in just after I shouted at Alcácer for not scoring for a while - he put 7 past them. I thought we were out when we went down at City though, however one of their own academy graduates had other ideas:

1386489888_JadonSanchoMOTMvsCity.thumb.png.39873d73c3702e91f061358672407a12.png

He scored after 12 seconds! and when the clock read 1:34 we were already 2-0 up. He's not even a natural at RM but poor Aymeric Laporte finished on a 5.9 by the end of it he'd been given such a runaround. Such schadenfreude seeing their expensively imported German winger (Sané) make no impact on the game at all whilst a guy who left the country because of his ilk blocking his progression dominated. 

We then dominated Roma but Ünder clawed one back for them to take us all the way to penalties - not ideal 2 days before the DFB-Pokal final, and the scorer of the winning penalty, Guerreiro, ended up missing that game entirely as he was gassed. That makes the club's 3rd EL final, my 1st, and our 1st European trophy!

1270301656_Screenshot2018-12-02at02_21_15.thumb.png.0c0743b755a729d84be9083698ea24ac.png

We were lucky to play two 2. Bundesliga teams when we could've easily got a harder draw, but this again allowed our reserve talent to shine, before the big guns game in to thrill against Leverkusen: 2-0 up and cruising, they scored twice in the 67th minute, then we scored three in the last ten, just one of those was into our own net. They had their revenge in the league two weeks later by the exact same scoreline. 

Going into the final, not only were we weakened by our continental exertions (I did not feel confident about Schmelzer's 11 acceleration against the likes of Coman and Memphis) but hadn't actually scored a goal, yet alone got a point against Bayern in our last three meetings, aggregate score 0-9. Another one where we blew them away at the start though, Isak getting us ahead in the 5th minute, and then a long ball from Lafont led to this situation, which I paused and laughed at before seeing the outcome:

1474122364_Screenshot2018-12-02at01_54_20.thumb.png.981d933b1349ee9821c470e508e89d28.png

Yeah, that's Neuer making it nowhere near Isak, who sprinted past him and crossed for Witsel to head home, Maximilian Phillip getting his 2nd of the season just before half time rendering Lewandowski's goal early in the 2nd half nothing but a consolation and making it 2 trophies in 4 days for BVB!

7 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@lblanc its almost reflecting reality - I think he was at fault for one of Lukabakio's goals last week, and he has the lowest save percentage in Europe's top 5 leagues, or is near the lowest anyway.

How the mighty have fallen

On 26/11/2018 at 01:08, jlgray.94 said:

Season 2 Overview

419457379_BorussiaDortmund_Competitions.thumb.png.ac667aadd7ea46c2a1ba5b8dc2e4ea69.png

League - Back to back league titles, secured with 3 games to go hitting a solid 80 points. The first 15 games were a struggle and then my team kicked into gear, winning 14 and drawing 2 of the next 16 matches, that pretty much secured the league opening up a double figure point lead. I was much better this season away from home and as usual making Signal Iduna Park a fortress, I picked up 46 points at home and 34 away fro home. 

UCL - Very similar to last season, this time i won the 1st leg at home 2-0 (3-1 Last season) then i lost 3-0 away to 2 late goals coming in 86th & 91st min, lesson learnt now, i will play on the counter with 2 defensive midfielders if i am leading from the first leg in future. I feel this team with a couple of additions can get into the very latter stages of the champions league next season. 

German Cup - Very disappointed to lose away to Nuremburg (Divison 2) in the semi final, Werder Bremen had already beat Bayern in the semi's, it was ours to lose but fair play to Nuremburg, they were the better team and they did go on to beat Werder 1-0 in the final. 

Key Player Stats

555392920_JordanGray_Home.thumb.png.50bcc0aa0c1295bd243f2552f1b29a90.png

Fiete Arp - 42 Goals, 8 Assists
Jadon Sancho - 12 Goals, 25 Assists 
Jacob Bruun Larsen - 13 Goals, 11 Assists
Christian Pulisic - 12 Goals, 7 Assists
Raphael Guerreiro - 25 Assists
Axel Witsel - 10 Goals, 6 Assists
Julian Brandt - 5 Goals, 4 Assists

Player of the Season

1308414553_RaphalGuerreiro_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.02b05437fb75133e6b71f28ebb027a4f.png

Young Player of the Season 

1933222537_FieteArp_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.d7455ef2f7abf77dcc9c0bb7c9b67862.png

**Looking forward to next season, Ruben Neves is already on his way in a deal worth 70m euros, to replace the ageing Witsel, i have a transfer budget of 275m, therefore there could be some more significant arrivals.**

Bro, your stats are monstrous. Also on my BVB save, De Ligt is always being snapped up by Chelsea so he is out of it. If you notice Christensen is not getting game time, you can woo him to come to BVB instead as a compromise.

Fiete Arp or Pietro Pellegri? Antonio Marin or Brunn Larsen? So many decisions....

And is Frenkie de Jong not a bad idea? Great B2B attributes, young and dynamic, q driving force on the ball IRL?

18 minutes ago, Gungner said:

Was just wondering how you guys are using the midfield trio of Delaney / Witsel and Götze? Delaney or Witsel as DMC or Götze as AMC? Or all three on a three-man flat midfield?

Delaney as a Box to Box, Witsel as DLP with Gotze ahead of them as a AMC or SS

another formation I use I have Gotze as a Mezzala, Delaney as a Box to Box and Witsel behind them as a Regista

1 hour ago, Gungner said:

Was just wondering how you guys are using the midfield trio of Delaney / Witsel and Götze? Delaney or Witsel as DMC or Götze as AMC? Or all three on a three-man flat midfield?

Had Witsel as BBM, Götze as AMC-Su and a DLP-De alongside Witself. Delaney filled in at BBM or CD. Then I switched things up moved Witsel into the DLP-De position and bought a new BBM. 

37 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

@lblanc I'd have bitten their hands off for that sort of offer for him!

I accepted 31 years old. Now just the decision of how to replace him.

Can?-50m

Or give Donny and Gomez their chance to shine.

1 hour ago, lblanc said:

I accepted 31 years old. Now just the decision of how to replace him.

Can?-50m

Or give Donny and Gomez their chance to shine.

I don't know who Gomez is, but if you're play a DLP-Defend duty I wouldn't let van de Beek anywhere near it with his low Positioning (unless you've managed to improve it a lot?). DLP-Su though and I'd absolutely just hold onto the money for a rainy day.

28 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

I don't know who Gomez is, but if you're play a DLP-Defend duty I wouldn't let van de Beek anywhere near it with his low Positioning (unless you've managed to improve it a lot?). DLP-Su though and I'd absolutely just hold onto the money for a rainy day.

Sergio Gomez. 

I think I'll venture on I have Dahoud as well who can play as a dlp.

I have burnic out on loan who I'm considering recalling to have the cover over 3 comps. May even be able to bring in gravenberch but like beek he may be better w support duty

7 minutes ago, lblanc said:

Sergio Gomez. 

I think I'll venture on I have Dahoud as well who can play as a dlp.

I have burnic out on loan who I'm considering recalling to have the cover over 3 comps. May even be able to bring in gravenberch but like beek he may be better w support duty

Ah yeah, I just always think of him as a No. 10 for some reason, despite him apparently being better suited deeper. Burnic was ok for me, I trained him to accomplished at LB too which was useful given Guerreiro's injury issues. 

r.e. Gravenberch yeah personally at this level I'd only field someone as a DLP-De with under 15 Positioning if they were a wonderkid with a lot of room for improvement and weren't far off it - Gravenberch is a wonderkid yeah but no positional sense. 

Started my Dortmund save. Pre-season went well, two draws and five wins and we're ready for Leipzig in the season opener. I've signed P Rajkovic as back-up keeper and for the future for £4 million, but I still might go for a "big-name" keeper next season. I've also signed Lincoln from Flamengo for £1 million, and he'll join on January 1st 2019. No other signings, and I doubt there'll be more. Diallo got injured and is out for 4-5 weeks, so Zagadou will fill in. 

Either in January or start of next season, I definately need another centre-back and right-back. Well, here's to a hopefully long and succesfull save. :)

I cannot for the life of me, get Alcacer to score reguarly... 7 pre-match friendlies - 2 goals, 1 Cup match - 0 goals and 1 League match - 0 goals. I'll give him a few more matches to see if he scores. He's also consistently the worst player on my team. All my goals comes from my wingers and midfielders, and it's not like he's making assists. I doubt I'll make his loan permant, but instead look for another striker for next season. I'm considering throwing Götze up front, and replace him on the midfield with either Weigl, Dahoud or Kagawa. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Starting my 2nd season with Dortmund. On my first one, I have a beautiful first part of the season which helped me to reach Champions league because my 2nd part was awful (even if I lost in semi finals in CL against the Bayern). Alcacer who scored 24 goals in 46 games but scored his last goal in february. The same for Sancho.

The reason for that is that I changed a bit my tactic. I applied the Ozil’s tactic Sacchi recreation which is beautiful to watch, but not solid enough for me. 

I want to change some things in my tactic to reach out some goals :

- around 53/55% possession for each games

- conceding less goals

- my strikers (Alcacer or Piatek), Sancho and Reus (as AMC) must be my main goals threats

- having a tactic that can work away and against big teams. Because with the Sacchi one, I’m beating most of the low/middle teams 4-0 home, and losing away against the same team.

- Last thing I want, 4411 is my favorite team shape. 2 solid banks of 4 in defense and a 4231 or a 424 in attack.

Any advices to reach out those goals? 

The idea is to have Sancho on the left as an IW (but don’t know support or attack), Pulisic on the right as a winger, Alcacer is a beast as an AF but don’t know what to do with Reus behind him.

Thank you guys !

Hi guys, I just finished my 2nd season and things went beautiful !

Let's look at some screens just to show you how I'm happy with what the team accomplished.

Just to let you know, at the end of my first season we finished 3rd but I wasn't happy with how the team finished the season. Way too much goals conceeded, and a lack of mentality and motivation. So I choosed to be very agressive during the summer transfer window.

2064370317_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_48_23.thumb.png.1e9340810df24494ed45af840e4ce603.png

I needed a very good CB, complete and agressive so the best choice was Lucas Hernandez. I had him for 64€ which is a lot but, I really wanted a top player. Then, I needed to double some role like CM, AM, ST and left FB after Guerreiro asked me to go to Paris. I chose Jorge from Monaco and was hoping for him to be my main FB but he is a bit tender for now. I had Alberto Moreno during the first season and he made a beautiful season.
I wasn't happy with Mario Gotze and even if in my dream I would him and Reus to stay as long as possible in the club, his salary was way too high for his performances. So I sold him and he did appear that he didn't make a good season in Leicester neither. Witsel asked me to go to City so I sold him but with Weigl, Delaney, Ndombele and Mandragora, I was ready for my CM.

The first run of the season was good regarding the results but I wasn't happy with the way my team was playing. We were good against small teams and bad against big teams and away games. Just to let you know, I was playing that way (thanks to Ozil with his Milan's thread).
1263084166_Capturedecran2018-12-19a11_11_16.thumb.png.d0c31938d49dd3affcefb95acf82df96.png

516551781_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_05_28.thumb.png.ec78cf278666163924af5bbfec3e3d7b.png

I had to make things changed because my team was starting to depressed, with 3 0-0 in a row. Also, I was in a bad place in my Champion's League group so I had to make things happen. I wanted to involve more Ndombele in the game like the way he's playing with Lyon. I looked at this video to help me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg2ld19symo&t=203s . Also, I wanted to Reus act more like he does IRL this season and make Sancho a real goal threat. So here it goes :

652372620_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_52_30.thumb.png.01e08fc70702033037a0a5ab0655bd55.png

Defense is the same but I add "take less risk" to all of my defenders just to make sure they're playing simple pass. Ndombele is a DLP(s) with just the PI "dribble more". He is now a beast, it's beautiful to watch him play. Sancho is awesome too, lots of goals and assists. And finally, Reus became the leader of my team. Lots of goals and assists too and many goals to save some games (like set pieces at the last minute to win a game).

After I made those tweaks, things went so good, to start with an incredible game against Tottenham in CL.

716588087_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_05_51.thumb.png.7838f64d449ac13791eb10b967f0f08f.png

1733337209_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_06_10.thumb.png.8320783923e4d38f186ce31dc6250c8a.png

Like you see, we lost against City in CL's final but they were too good for me, no shame.

So here is my season's bilan :

540131633_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_09_10.thumb.png.c0043bc597f86d6e1fec88f7d8009868.png

1961929417_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_07_54.thumb.png.13bb2e9e4be9d8670c0c47b19a25fdd9.png

745588691_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_09_27.thumb.png.a0f525c3ded185e6a3b812cae13dbc73.png

851823384_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_09_34.thumb.png.51a6d7b2e2dbe668f947eadd2f96b152.png

1148233201_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_08_37.thumb.png.7c44fa5f0b0ed582e1a21dccf25a4850.png

I finished champion  with more than 20 points beyond the 2nd. Half of my team in the Team of the Year, Sancho player of the year, Reus second. Best attack, best defense... I'm so amazed by those results, can't believe it !

Well, I'm a bit pissed about something though...

1182745168_Capturedecran2018-12-19a10_08_06.thumb.png.97e074823f528c17e412ce2430ce58ee.png

TRAINER OF THE YEAR WITH ONLY 47% OF GAMES ****ING WINNED !?
Hm hm... sorry about that...

Sorry for the long post guys, thanks a lot everyone for all of your advices, do not hesitate to ask questions about my team!

Capture d’écran 2018-12-19 à 10.07.54.png

Edited by Delial

Im currently Dortmund in my 5th season.  Back to back Bundesligas and back to back CL.  Won Bundelsiga too in the first season but never in the second.  problem is my youth intakes are terrible. Havent got anyone enar the first team yet and no one looking likely.  

play a 4-2-4 and score loads of goals.  Play my two full back Gaya and Semedo as attacking wingbacks.  Have two fast defenders in Militao and Zagadou and play my defensive line on the halfway line.  i did have Akanji but lost him on a free to Juventus.  Not quite as pleased with my CB pairing so might look to rectify that. Infront as the two CMs (sometimes play them both as Mezzalas but currently a DLP and Ap) Diawara and Soler.  Fred and Palm (regen) as back up.  Also have Kai Havertz and find although hes Green on attacking MF he plays better as a Cm set on AP.  My two wiide mine are Sancho and Bailey, Reus and Pulisic as back up an upfront i have either Werner Belloti or Isak.  

Must admit my board are very generous and have paid silly money for some of these players.  still pissed i havent got any young players in through the academy.  Ive gobbled up loads of other academys players that are now starting to knock on the door

• 2 months later...
On 25/11/2018 at 15:08, jlgray.94 said:

Season 2 Overview

419457379_BorussiaDortmund_Competitions.thumb.png.ac667aadd7ea46c2a1ba5b8dc2e4ea69.png

League - Back to back league titles, secured with 3 games to go hitting a solid 80 points. The first 15 games were a struggle and then my team kicked into gear, winning 14 and drawing 2 of the next 16 matches, that pretty much secured the league opening up a double figure point lead. I was much better this season away from home and as usual making Signal Iduna Park a fortress, I picked up 46 points at home and 34 away fro home. 

UCL - Very similar to last season, this time i won the 1st leg at home 2-0 (3-1 Last season) then i lost 3-0 away to 2 late goals coming in 86th & 91st min, lesson learnt now, i will play on the counter with 2 defensive midfielders if i am leading from the first leg in future. I feel this team with a couple of additions can get into the very latter stages of the champions league next season. 

German Cup - Very disappointed to lose away to Nuremburg (Divison 2) in the semi final, Werder Bremen had already beat Bayern in the semi's, it was ours to lose but fair play to Nuremburg, they were the better team and they did go on to beat Werder 1-0 in the final. 

Key Player Stats

555392920_JordanGray_Home.thumb.png.50bcc0aa0c1295bd243f2552f1b29a90.png

Fiete Arp - 42 Goals, 8 Assists
Jadon Sancho - 12 Goals, 25 Assists 
Jacob Bruun Larsen - 13 Goals, 11 Assists
Christian Pulisic - 12 Goals, 7 Assists
Raphael Guerreiro - 25 Assists
Axel Witsel - 10 Goals, 6 Assists
Julian Brandt - 5 Goals, 4 Assists

Player of the Season

1308414553_RaphalGuerreiro_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.02b05437fb75133e6b71f28ebb027a4f.png

Young Player of the Season 

1933222537_FieteArp_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.d7455ef2f7abf77dcc9c0bb7c9b67862.png

**Looking forward to next season, Ruben Neves is already on his way in a deal worth 70m euros, to replace the ageing Witsel, i have a transfer budget of 275m, therefore there could be some more significant arrivals.**

That's the kind of numbers I want to see from my lone striker! Did you accomplish this with the tactic you mentioned in the post before this one? Did you use any PI's?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I know this is a looong time ago...but I never bought FM20 and have been playing a bit of 19 recently. Decided to do a Dortmund save and things are going well.

January window just closed with me top of the pile. 1 loss and 2 draws all season, though RBL are keeping pace, just 5 points behind, and surprise package Mainz 5 further back. Bayern have been woeful and sit 20 points behind me!

I've mainly kept the first team together, in the first window I only loaned out Bruun Larsen, but in January I shipped out some deadwood: Kagawa, Wolf, Toprak, Toljan and Hitz (that one not my choice, he wanted to leave for first team football), while Isak, Zagadou, Burnic and summer signing Soucek left on loan.

In the first window, I signed Arp, Marin, Danny Loader, Soucek and Rus (the free agent gk) for most of my transfer budget, before asking the club to sign Pavard for his release fee. They did.

That gave me a really strong platform, with Arp playing his way into the starting spot up top as Alcacar just would not perform. He's scored 13 times so far, all of them in the league (11 starts, 1 sub appearance).

The attacking mids have been superb. My first choice is Pulisic on the right, Sancho on the left and Reus in the middle, and they have 5, 7 and 6 goals respectively. Gotze has also played a lot as I rotated to keep the team fresh, scoring 3 times form AM(a).

Delany and Weigl have rotated at BWM(d), while Witsel and Dahoud have done the same as BBMs. The latter 2 have 5 goals apiece from there.

In January, I was given 60m to play with, so decided to sign 3 of my long term targets, Vagnoman, Sessegnon and Joao Felix. Fulham wanted 100m, so I unsettled Sessegnon and got him for 20 up front and 33 in installments. Felix came in for 32 and Vagnoman for 5.75m. I also managed to pick up Uduokhai for a bargain 4.3m as he was unsettled. Gives me 2 lefties in defence with Diallo, too.

My Champions League group was a killer, Valencia, Juve and Liverpool. I beat Liverpool twice, 3-2 each time. But an opening draw against Valencia and a 4-0 hammering by Juve set the tone and when I lost to Valencia 1-0 during a mini-crisis, I was out, despite thrashing Juve 4-1. Malmo awaits in the EUROPA.

On the transfers, I'm no longer going to go crazy. I'd like an upgrade on Burki, but don't know who, while I will go after either Milinkovic-Savic or van de Beek as Witsel's long term replacment. Mainly I will look to trim the squad further, as it's a little bloated, still.

• 3 weeks later...

Slow going thanks to real life, but finally got around to finishing the season and it was a good one domestically.

Won the league from RB Leipzig, Bayern were nowhere, except beating both of us once, RBL in the run-in to give me the title. Ended up 9 points clear, but only when RBL lost 2 of their last 3 games.

Arp was sensational, while Reus, Sancho and Pulisic were all excellent. Reus missed a lot of football with injury, though, and will miss the first 6 weeks or so of the new season with injury, too.

Also won the cup, beating Freiburg (yeah, wow, their 2 up top was troublesome for many teams) in the final 2-0.

Lost in the Europa league semis to Man Utd 5-3 after losing 4-2 at Old Trafford.

I've changed my plans slightly. Gotze is a weight around my neck but can't get rid of him and he got pissed at me for offering him around. Dahoud also proving less than easy to shift.

Instead of Milenkovic-Savic or van de Beek, I've signed Gedson Fernandes, his physicals should be perfect in the BBM role. I'm interested in Rice for alongside him but won't make a move unless I can do it for the right price.

Alisson signed a new contract in the end at Liverpool and Barca want too much for ter Stegen, even though he actually would like to come, amazingly. Other options are limited in goal, so I might leave that for another season.

Outgoings: Guerrero is wanted, Weigl is wanted, Sancho and Pulisic both. I would be willing to let Guerrero go for the right price, Pulisic too, if I can sign a replacement (Leon Bailey perhaps). I will send Udokhai out on loan and might sell Diallo, even though he was my starting CB for most of the season. Dagadou improved a lot on loan and will come in to play alongside Pavard. Will probably send Passlack out on loan again as he doesn't quite seem ready.

Likely starting XI for the new season, if no-one else comes in, is:

Burki

Hakimi Pavard Dagadou Guerrero

Fernandes Delaney

Pulisic Joao Felix/Reus Sancho/Reus

Arp/Reus

Second choice:

Muller

Vagnoman Akanji Diallo Sessegnon

Witsel Weigl

Larsen Gotze Marin

Isak/Loader