MacBook Pro (Late 2013) vs Football Manager 19

Hi, 

I am wanting to ask people about playing Football Manager 2019 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013). (2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB), running in Mojave.

So my question is does anyone play FM on a MacBook Pro (Late 2013) and if so what is the performance like? and what spec should you be thinking about? 

Well I'm running a 2012 Macbook Air and its fine, tend to have 35-40k players loaded and it rates me between 2.5 and 3.5 stars for the performance and allows me to get through everything at a respectable pace, so I'd imagine you'd be alright too given you have a newer, more powerful device. Depends on your expectations though.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb mets13:

Hi, 

I am wanting to ask people about playing Football Manager 2019 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013). (2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB), running in Mojave.

So my question is does anyone play FM on a MacBook Pro (Late 2013) and if so what is the performance like? and what spec should you be thinking about? 

Why don't you test the demo on your mac?

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at buying a Mac at the moment and tossing up between an Air and a Pro. Given FM takes a lot of my time, I'm keen to make sure the game runs at a reasonable rate. I'm thinking I may have to drop to the 2D engine on an Air? Any thoughts appreciated :)

• 1.6GHz dual‑core eighth‑generation Intel Core i5 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
  • 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
  • 256GB of SSD storage¹
  • Intel UHD Graphics 617
Edited by Toonarmyfc

x

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Toonarmyfc:

I'm looking at buying a Mac at the moment and tossing up between an Air and a Pro. Given FM takes a lot of my time, I'm keen to make sure the game runs at a reasonable rate. I'm thinking I may have to drop to the 2D engine on an Air? Any thoughts appreciated :)

• 256GB of SSD storage¹
  • Intel UHD Graphics 617

There is no separate 2D engine, it's just a 2D view. You can lower the 3D graphics, if it does not run smooth. And you can't run many leagues on an Air. 

50 minutes ago, Toonarmyfc said:

• 256GB of SSD storage¹
  • Intel UHD Graphics 617

If you spend a lot of time on fm why buy a Mac? You could literally get a laptop and a pc capable of running it for that price

12 hours ago, Gunnersmoke said:

If you spend a lot of time on fm why buy a Mac? You could literally get a laptop and a pc capable of running it for that price

Fair point- I'm looking for a light/small (13") laptop mainly for ease/convenience when travelling. I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which is great, but on its last legs, just too big for travelling! 

17 minutes ago, Toonarmyfc said:

Fair point- I'm looking for a light/small (13") laptop mainly for ease/convenience when travelling. I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which is great, but on its last legs, just too big for travelling! 

Fair enough buddy, have you looked into stadia? If you were to get that then you could have a thin laptop that fits your other needs better