Remove kits FM 2009

Andreas

Is there any way to remove the default kits on the team information screen? Because when i download custom made kits I cant get them to work. The original kits are still there instead. It works for most of the premiership teams but not for the championship teams. I tried to remove the kitsfolder from the sigfx-folder but it doesn´t make any difference. I have unticked "use skin cache" and ticked "always reload skin on confirm" but it still doesn´t make any difference.

Please help!

Cheers!

Short answer no, as the graphic files are contained within the graphics.fmf file - you'd need to extract this file using the tool that will come with fm09, delete the kits, then rearchive the graphics.fmf file. Though through skinning you should be able to disable the showing of all kits on the club infomation screen.

If you are only wanting to download kits to replace the ones that come with the game, you don't need to mess around with the graphics.fmf file, you just download the kits you want, unzip the files and put the kit folders in your User Data folder (thats normaly the Sports Interactive folder in My Documents) - open the football manager 2009 folder within the sports interactive folder, create a new folder call it graphics and put the kits you've download in that graphics folder.

Now when you have added all the kits you want, load the game go into the preferences menu, untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin (you can put this options back once the kits show), click confirm and after the skin has reloaded hopefully your new kits should show.

That´s exactly what I have done (just like I did when adding kits in fm 08). But now for some reason some of the added kits doesn´t show in the game, the ones that come with the game is still there. The logos I have added the same way works 100 %.

Any ideas why it doesn´t work?

There have been reports that defult licensed kits are not being overwritten by downloaded kits in the Demo..

I have read some posts in FMGlive forum and they have said that it should work with the full game and patch..

If this does not happend then the only way to remove those kits is my FMF..

Archived