Unemployed Sunday League Journeyman

toiletfootball

As the title suggests, I'm starting a game unemployed, with Sunday league experience and no coaching qualifications. (Nationality: English. Language: English only). I thought it might be interesting too run a test (19.1.5 with latest update courtesy of sortioutsi)  to see where jobs might be found. . I've posted my results below in case fellow journeymen might be interested:-). Obviously some leagues where one might expect to gain an interview had no jobs available. I'm aware that this is a very small sample size and other factors might affect job opportunities. The results:

Country

Job Status          (L= Division Level)

Argentina

No jobs

Australia

No jobs

Austria

No jobs

Belgium

No jobs

Belarus

No jobs

Brazil

L2: Not interviewed L3: Not interviewed

Bulgaria

No jobs

Chile

L1: failed interview

China

No jobs

Czech R

No jobs

Croatia

No jobs

Denmark

L 3: Offer

Egypt

No data

England

Isthmian Prem : Offer

Finland

No jobs

France

L2: Not interviewed

Germany

No jobs

Greece

No jobs

Hong  Kong

No jobs

Hungary

L2: Failed interview

Iceland

No jobs

India

No jobs

Indonesia

L2: Offer

Ireland

L1: Failed interview

Israel

L 2: Failed interview

Italy

No jobs

Korea

L 1: Not interviewed  L2: Failed interview

Malaysia

L1:  Failed interview    L2: Offer

Mexico

L1: Not interviewed

Netherlands

N Ireland

L2: Offer

Norway

L 3: Not interviewed

Peru

Poland

Portugal

No jobs

Romania

L 2: Not interviewed

Russia

No jobs

Scotland

No jobs

Serbia

Singapore

L1: Offer

Slovakia

L2: Failed interview

Slovenia

No jobs

South Africa

No jobs

Spain

L 2 : Not Interviewed L3: Failed interview

Sweden

L 4: Offer

Switzerland

No jobs

Turkey

Ukraine

USA

Wales

No jobs

You're as bad as me! Desperately refreshing the forum every 5 seconds waiting for the first English 10-level file to be uploaded, can't wait a second longer, load up a big save and off you go. So when the one we've been waiting for is released tonight will you start again or keep going with this one? I'm caught right in the middle myself!

Ha ha, you're right. I spend more time messing about editing and reading the forum than I do playing. I think to get immersed in a save you need to stay off the forum for a while, otherwise you'll see something and think 'oh I want that in my game'. I'm going to make a decision and start a long term save tomorrow. I think Hexagon, but starting English LL to get experience and badges before going to NZ or Egypt! Let me know what you decide:-)

Well we can't stay off the forums if we're writing daily updates! I've been in the editor touching up all the edited files and honing my Little Oaks. Now trialling a holiday season. Can already see that after making all my players have CAs between 9 and 1 (youths all 1) the game added a bunch of better ones to my squad. When I restart I'll have to untick add players.

So, if I get sacked it's all good as Leo or Dan (or Aaron) will have their files out; if I'm doing alright I'll be constantly torn having jumped the gun.

Might being starting a new thread tomorrow then.

Ah yes, maybe we should just stay off the editors download sub forum then ;-). Setting player CA between 1 and 9 is hardcore LLM and I salute you sir! The team I've picked, Oakwood, share training facilities with Crawley Town IRL and although the facilities are not great they're some way in advance of the other teams at L10. I edited Oakwoods' training and youth numbers to match those of Crawley and in a test save the game gave me a squad of 16 year olds who could probably walk the league on their own. I'll have to re-think that otherwise things become too easy:-)

We seem to be thinking quite similar! Whilst I've rigged it so we have by far the weakest playing squad, I'm yet to see how much advantage the facilities and DoF Dario Gardi make to my job. So are you using Dan's L10 file without the cups? Alas, we won't meet in our mutual universes, I guess.

Yes I'm using Dan's file but I've created the FA Vase (only using L9/10 clubs) , the Sussex County Cup, and added some prize money to the leagues. Although reliable data for the latter is hard to source. Trouble is, I keep thinking of something else to add but then need to verify the advanced rules again which takes forever on my aging laptop. Anyway, time to stop faffing and start a save I think. Hope you make the PL;-)

Archived