Insane friendlies

Why friendly results are THAT weird in FM19?

1.thumb.png.75d39f417834f666bf1df3d0c90d8890.png

2.thumb.png.f37cad545f055157af8468b5df6ebb68.png

3.thumb.png.380acf95c01c4bbca92b01e19a797b3a.png

And no, they play with the best players available, nothing is edited, I don't have top players at all (only solid average ones). I don't change tactics, don't use shouts, only change players in bulk at 45 and 60 minutes. Why top teams play worse than my reserves?

Why they shouldn't? EPL club in EL zone (twice) and CL zone (once). And it's early for my team too. Wonder if it's a common problem or not. I'd like harder pre-season 'cause players may start thinking they're too good.

Edit: I clearly remember saner pre-season results in earlier versions, even DRAWS! :)

Pre-season results obviously do not matter and obviously the AI doesn't care about it either, because the result is not important. It's about setting up a decent tactic, getting familiarity and match fitness.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Pre-season results obviously do not matter and obviously the AI doesn't care about it either, because the result is not important. It's about setting up a decent tactic, getting familiarity and match fitness.

Yep, that's exactly what I say to my players: play for fitness. But why they score 5-6 to top teams? Why top teams make only 1-2 shots per match? Why their ratings below 6.0? I'd transfer list my players for a performance like that even in friendlies.

Just now, Xeewaj Q. said:

Yep, that's exactly what I say to my players: play for fitness. But why they score 5-6 to top teams? Why top teams make only 1-2 shots per match? Why their ratings below 6.0? I'd transfer list my players for a performance like that even in friendlies.

Because of what I posted in the part you quoted.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Because of what I posted in the part you quoted.

I don't care too. Should be 0-0 or 6-6 then. But "Average EPL Team" 6-0 "La Liga Champion" is a very unrealistic result.

They:

they.thumb.png.f8678f8ad9fc67148962fabfa950cb99.png

Us:

us.thumb.png.c91f5dea4caf2d6e6f0166387151384c.png

The hell is this? Unpossible even if they're drunk.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

La Liga's 2 weeks behind the Premiership IIRC so they're 2 weeks behind on their pre season prep too

It doesn't matter THAT much. Also, in my save World Cup 2022 wasn't moved from desert to civilized world, so everything starts much earlier in most countries.

Archived