Random questions about AI managers / Tactics

Just a couple of random questions that have popped into my head (based on how we create our own tactics etc)...

1. Does the AI manager set all his players to their best roles, taking into account his tactical preferences? Or do they stick to more general ones with their preferred ones mixed in?

2. When a nation isn't selected and you come up against a team from there, do their tactics mirror that of the manager that should be in charge? Or is it completely random?

3. Can constantly changing a players role (within matches etc) affect how long it takes your team to gel?

• SI Staff

1. There's a few factors but mostly the AI manager will pick players in their best role, but managers also have preferred roles that they may look to use instead if they have players that suit it.

2. Comes from the manager.

3. Depends what you mean by 'gel', I'm going to assume tactical familiarity. If you hover over the bar on the tactic page it shows you the breakdown, one of the sections is Position/role/duty so it does have an effect, although if the roles are fairly similar then it's not a big factor.

On 27/11/2018 at 12:58, Jack Joyce said:

1. There's a few factors but mostly the AI manager will pick players in their best role, but managers also have preferred roles that they may look to use instead if they have players that suit it.

2. Comes from the manager.

3. Depends what you mean by 'gel', I'm going to assume tactical familiarity. If you hover over the bar on the tactic page it shows you the breakdown, one of the sections is Position/role/duty so it does have an effect, although if the roles are fairly similar then it's not a big factor.

Cheers for the reply!

Archived