Both centre halves closing down?

I’ve just had a game where both my centre halves have come across to close down a player leaving a massive hole in the middle for two goals to be scored. I have them both set to the lowest closing down you can and didn’t have the player they were closing down set to “close down more”. Is this a decision making thing from the centre half? 

56 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Maybe they have high aggression (attribute)? Have you set them to mark tighter in their PIs? Have you used the tighter marking as a team instruction? There could be a number of other factors as well, so I'm just guessing.

Will tight marking on pi or ti do that for both defenders .I would thought one will go if they have pi of tight mark 

If they have the Tight mark PI selected, they will look to stick to the nearest player, which is usually an opposition striker. The same goes for the team instruction "Use TM". That's why I prefer not using tight marking for my defenders, instead applying the opposition instruction "Mark Tighter Always" on opposition strikers.

Archived