Tactics for very wide fields

I'm playing as Sevilla in Spanish first division. There are multiple teams that have very wide, almost complete square fields. They are often very low on the table, but very hard to beat because my usual tactics just don't seem to work.

Can anyone help me with tactics for fields like this?

I don't know the makeup of your squad - I imagine as a reasonably high level team Sevilla have Inside Forwards rather than Wingers? 

In my opinion ideally you'd attack very wide, with Wingers, and either a striker and an AM attacking the box, or two strikers. Then either defend wide to stop crosses coming in, or if you have CBs that are really good at heading away crosses then you would defend narrower and invite them to ping balls into the box all day long knowing they won't get anywhere. You'd probably want your most defensive midfielder to also be good in the air in this case. 

Good thoughts, I'm playing another team with a "square field" so trying this out as my second half tactic after a 0-0 first half. So frustrating as I'm number 2 and can NEVER beat 18-20 table teams with this garbage field setup.

Also wondering, is this a real thing?

Archived