How to create a new nation in Europe that plays in European competitions?

Micho21

Hi everybody

I'm trying to update an old DB with a new created nation that works fine in last FM editions. I read a lot of threads in this forum , and I achieved so many progresses, but the only thing I didn't got is to  play european competitions with this nation.

Now, I'm remaking  UEFA Nations League system including this country and changing Kazakhstan to Asia (I think that's the thing that should make this work), but I couldn't make this compatible my other DB, because I don't know how to merge two different league structures. Anybody knows a way to solve it?

• 3 weeks later...
hace 8 horas, Yespy13 dijo:

Please tell

hace 7 horas, erikeagles dijo:

I think a lot of people want to now, so please tell. 

I didn't know there was so much expectation with that, if I have time this weekend i'll make kind of tutorial.

Well, I don't have so much time, but I will try to explain it briefly.

First of all, you have to create a nation & league structure (doesn't mind if it's basic or advanced rules). You should recreate all of the features that you want to implement. When you finish, you should verify it and recognize all errors that you might have.

Once you have checked all, you have to move one european nation to other continent. In my case, I set Kazakhstan to Asia. This step might be unnecessary, but I would do it just in case.

After that, now you can recreate Uefa Nations League. You should change to advanced rules in that point, if you haven't did yet. I've uploaded a file with my version, you should edit your files in the same way to avoid problems. The country that I selected is "Galicia", so you have to change "Galicia" for the country you have chosen in the cases that you need it.

When you finish with this, you have to delete the following field:

1.thumb.png.23968190898ed90c9d38cca67272a641.png

...and after deleting that, verify it again.

If it's correct, you can go to the final steps. Firstly, you should write the start year again, save all and export the file to xml.

Then, you have to open the -xml exported, and change "false" into "true" in the following place:

2.thumb.png.5e59bcc94d2c9cc46a62b90f381768e1.png

And that's all, now you can play with your DB in the game, and your country will play Uefa Nations League, and European Championship without any problem. If you have to edit the DB other time after exporting to xml, probably you have to recreate some steps, and in any case, you have to export xml and change "false" into "true". Anyway, you can check all steps again for avoiding any problems.

UNL.fmf

On 08/01/2019 at 22:35, Micho21 said:

Once you have checked all, you have to move one european nation to other continent. In my case, I set Kazakhstan to Asia. This step might be unnecessary, but I would do it just in case.

Actually it's the crux of the matter and an issue many have struggled with in FM: the number of nations per continent is fixed. If one could add more nations or delete nations, it would be amazing. You could recreate older entities such as Yugoslavia or USSR. But I have never seen it being possible; it's most likely hard coded unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2019 at 03:35, Micho21 said:

Well, I don't have so much time, but I will try to explain it briefly.

First of all, you have to create a nation & league structure (doesn't mind if it's basic or advanced rules). You should recreate all of the features that you want to implement. When you finish, you should verify it and recognize all errors that you might have.

After that, now you can recreate Uefa Nations League. You should change to advanced rules in that point, if you haven't did yet. I've uploaded a file with my version, you should edit your files in the same way to avoid problems. The country that I selected is "Galicia", so you have to change "Galicia" for the country you have chosen in the cases that you need it.

Hey would it be possible for you to give your created nation and unl competition together?

I have tried following how you did it, but always getting the error "no discipline rules for nation"

En 29/1/2019 a las 10:33, Hridoy dijo:

Hey would it be possible for you to give your created nation and unl competition together?

I have tried following how you did it, but always getting the error "no discipline rules for nation"

No problem.

Anyway, dou you have activated advanced rules? It's essential to do that. I also recommend to create your league system before.

G20192.fmf

16 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Can we can change continent for old nations like before so they not greyed out to make a new nation ??

Not sure what you mean, but as you may know it's not actually possible to create or delete a nation in the FM Editor: you need to either remove them from a continent or add them to a continent. In which case you can use the file found here to do just that, and then edit them as you see fit.
https://community.sigames.com/topic/456161-additional-editor-options-download/

So in order to do this, you have to have a league system before making any of the changes?

Because if you do, my Pays Basque database is screwed. I don't want a league system, I just want the national team to play Nations League, Euro Cup Quals and Finals, World Cup, e.t.c

Please help if you can

BASQUE.fmf

5 minutes ago, Sambamtime said:

So in order to do this, you have to have a league system before making any of the changes?

Because if you do, my Pays Basque database is screwed. I don't want a league system, I just want the national team to play Nations League, Euro Cup Quals and Finals, World Cup, e.t.c

Please help if you can

BASQUE.fmf

I also do not have the Resource Archive,r and I don't think I will be getting that anytime soon. if there is any alternatives, please tell me.

On 04/02/2019 at 02:57, Sambamtime said:

I also do not have the Resource Archiver and I don't think I will be getting that anytime soon.

It's free if you bought the game.

On 04/02/2019 at 02:57, Sambamtime said:

if there is any alternatives, please tell me.

Should've read the thread. :brock:

On 04/02/2019 at 02:09, BMNJohn said:

Not sure what you mean, but as you may know it's not actually possible to create or delete a nation in the FM Editor: you need to either remove them from a continent or add them to a continent. In which case you can use the file found here to do just that, and then edit them as you see fit.
https://community.sigames.com/topic/456161-additional-editor-options-download/

En 6/2/2019 a las 23:57, Sambamtime dijo:

No, I am asking for a tutorial with a country that just has a national team and no league.

How do you do it then?

It's exactly the same, you should ignore this step and follow the next ones. It doesn't matter if you have or not a national structure.

On 08/02/2019 at 09:16, Micho21 said:

It's exactly the same, you should ignore this step and follow the next ones. It doesn't matter if you have or not a national structure.

It isn't allowing me to change to advanced rules unless I make create a league for my Pays Basque database, that is not what i need. I just want to change the Nations league so that Pays Basque can qualify for it. I moved Kazak to Asia, but it still will not allow me to go to advanced rules. That is my problem. Have a look and test for yourself. I am not mad, I just need help and cant understand why it will not work unless you have made a new league for your new country. 

BASQUE.fmf

En 10/2/2019 a las 19:21, Sambamtime dijo:

It isn't allowing me to change to advanced rules unless I make create a league for my Pays Basque database, that is not what i need. I just want to change the Nations league so that Pays Basque can qualify for it. I moved Kazak to Asia, but it still will not allow me to go to advanced rules. That is my problem. Have a look and test for yourself. I am not mad, I just need help and cant understand why it will not work unless you have made a new league for your new country. 

BASQUE.fmf

I`ve just see your file...you can't change to advanced rules if you don't have any rules :D

Anyway, maybe you could rewrite all your modifications in the file that I've uploaded (maybe merging works, I don't use this option) and after all, follow the following steps. Other option could be recreate my Uefa Nations League file in your file.

En 11/2/2019 a las 6:48, mattcanary dijo:

Can you in effect remove nations by saying they are no longer FIFA members, setting reputation to 1, etc,?

Yes, but you should take care about the balance between continents. It could create many problems, specially in european countries.

On 11/02/2019 at 06:48, mattcanary said:

Can you in effect remove nations by saying they are no longer FIFA members, setting reputation to 1, etc,?

You can remove a nation a continent with the right "comp editor.fmf" file. If you alter the overall number of countries per continent, and especially if you have less countries than you should have, it will break a few graphic things as I've explained in another thread linked below (save creation menu, add/remove leagues menu), but no biggie. And you're likely going to have to rebuild international competitions if you alter the overall number of countries in the world/per continent or you will encounter crashes. You can also just erase every continental/intercontinental competition, that also works. Nuking everything always works! :lol:

Additionally, if you were to remove/add a country to a continent and load leagues in other confederations like Asia, you could have issues with the local club continental competition (in this instance, the AFC Champions' League and AFC Cup). That's also why I don't exactly want to resurrect something like the U.S.S.R since it would involve making deep cuts in both Asia and Europe; difficult to completely envision how much of a challenge it would be.

Archived