Carl Jung once said "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or RKC.."

Deisler26

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2022

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

Intake #4. It's the Class of 2022.

2022 yoof 2

A bumper haul here!. We'll concentrate on the 3* prospects and up, unless there are any significant deviations. We had Rick Visser, Mitchell Bosma, Lucas Vente, Ruud van Dijk, Tommie Hereijens, Arie van der Plas, Kees Werumeus Buning and Scott Langerak as our 3* and up.

Rick Visser

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Arsenal FC

Rick made his debut in the 2021/22 season and in the three seasons he was at the club, he made 57 appearances, scoring 8 goals and assisting 14 times for an average rating of 7.07. He proceeded to start the 2024/25 season on absolute fire, scoring 5 goals and assisting twice for a 9.45 rating in two games. This prompted Rassenballsport Leipzig to come in with a then-club record £12.5m + 50% sell on. During his time are RB Leipzig, he made 75 appearances in all competitions for them, scoring 20 goals and assisting 13 times for a 7.04 average rating. He spent the 2025/26 season on loan to Bayer 04 Leverkusen, where he made 15 appearances in all competitions, scoring 6 times and assisting once for an average rating of 7.22. In the early summer of 2027, Visser was sold to Premier League giants Arsenal for £61m, netting us a whopping £30m in sell on clause!

So far, the only winners medal that Rick has is the 2026 DfB Pokal winners medal that he got, whilst on loan at Bayer 04.

Rick made his debut for the Netherlands in September 2026 in a UEFA Nations League match against Germany. Since then he has picked up 5 caps, with his first goal coming against Armenia in March 2027.

Lucas Vente

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, S.S Lazio

Lucas was an automatic move into the first team when he came in from the academy. where he made 62 appearances for the first team over three & a half seasons, scoring 6 goals and assisting 3 times for an average rating of 6.93. However, in January 2025, S.S Lazio made a transfer bid of £7.5m for him and it was accepted. He settled into his new life in Rome, appearing 22 times in all competitions for them since his move, assisting 7 times for an overall rating of 6.85. He also spent the 2025/26 season on loan at U.S Salernitana 1919, where he appeared 18 times, scoring 1 goal and assisting 3 times for an overall match rating of 6.89 on the season, as they failed to hold onto their Serie A TIM status.

Lucas has two winners medals in his closet, both Coppa Italia wins by Lazio in 2025 & 2027

Lucas also made 5 appearances for the Netherlands, scoring on his debut in the September 2026 UEFA Nations League match against Germany.

Tommie Hereijgers 

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Sporting Clube de Lisbon

Despite coming into the club with the rest of the intake, it took until 2022/23 for Tommie to make his debut. Over the course of five seasons at the club, he made 73 appearances, scoring 20 goals and assisting 11 times for an average match rating of 6.84. Tommie also spent the second half of the 2024/25 season on loan at FC Twente Enschende where he made 12 appearances, scoring 4 goals and assisting once for an overall rating of 6.94. He started the 2026/27 season well, but on the August 2026 transfer deadline, Sporting Clube de Lisbon activated his £20m release clause and he was off to Portugal. He made 20 appearances in all competitions last season for Sporting, scoring 4 goals for an average of 6.66. He'll spend this season on loan at Sparta Rotterdam

Tommie also has 27 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's, scoring 10 goals

Mitchell Bosma

Now: 21 years old, Hamburger SV

Mitchell was one of those players that played in two different positions when he made the first team in 2022/23, depending on the formation used. In his five seasons at the club, he played 73 games, scoring 4 goals and assisting 6 times for an average rating of 6.99. In the January 2027 transfer window, German side Hamburger SV came in with a clause-meeting £15m bid. He then played 19 games for Hamburg in all competitions, scoring two goals and assisting once for a rating of 6.85.

Mitchell has made 20 appearances for the Netherlands U-21 side, but has yet to graduate to the full team

Ruud van Dijk

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Hertha Berlin SC

Ruud became a valuable contributor to the side almost straight away. In four years, he made 107 appearances for the club, scoring 16 goals and assisting 13 times for an average match rating of 7.16. Sadly, as is the way, Hertha Berlin SC triggered his £15m release clause in the January 2026 transfer window and off he went to Germany. In the latter half of that season, he made 17 appearances in all competitions for Die Alte Dame, scoring once and assisting 6 times for an average rating of 7.06. Ruud spent the 2026/27 season on loan at Sevilla FC S.A.D, playing 49 games in all competitions, scoring 4 goals and assisting 17 times for an overall match rating of 7.26. This season he'll be on loan to Zenit St. Petersburg

Ruud has made 4 appearances for the Netherlands to date, making his debut in the September 2026 UEFA Nations League match against Germany. He netted his first international goal three days later in the Nations League match against Austria.

Arie van der Plas

Now: 21 years old, Helmond Sport

Arie was a rated prospect, coming out of the academy. Sadly, in his time at the club, he failed to make the grade and was released at the end of his contract. In the 2025 offseason, Helmond Sport offered him a deal and, up to this date, he has made 3 substitute appearances for an average rating of 6.20.

Kees Werumeus Buning

Now: 21 years old, TOP Oss

Kees made one appearance for the club in his time here, getting a rating of 6.20, before being released in 2025. Roda JC Kerkrade picked him up on a free in the 2025 offseason, but he was released at the end of the season without making an appearance. He then signed on with TOP Oss in 2026, making two substitute appearances so far for an average rating of 6.60

Scott Langerak

Now: 21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Scott has battled his way into the first team since entering from the academy. Since he graduated, he's made 47 appearances for the first team, scoring 11 goals and assisting 9 times for an average rating of 7.15

We've had one player make a first team appearance from the rest of the intake. Jual Talea has made 17 appearances for the first team, assisting three times

Edited by Deisler26

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2027 Transfer Window

Targets:

2028 targets

Our first season in Europe since 2001. Our first ever in the UEFA Europa League.

Transfers:

2028 aug trNSFERS

Absolute carnage. We were picked apart this offseason. For some reason, making Europe meant that all the players wanted out, or in Stenzler's case, wouldn't sign a new deal at the end of the season.

Andre de Wit (sold to Borussia Dortmund for £71m + 50% sell on)

My guy. Our main threat. He scored over a half-century of goals for us and I put in a £70m sell on into his latest contract. Sadly, Dortmund came closest and when presented with a put-up-or-shut-up offer of £71m + 50% sell on, they put up and I lost the best striker I'd had so far in this career

Peter Goedgebuure (sold to A.C Milan for £15m + 50% sell on)

Again, much like more of the same. Bid was in installments, close to his clause, I went to it with a 50% sell on tacked on, they took it. Simples

Jessie Stenzler (sold to Rassenballsport Leipzig for £15m + 50% sell on)

Jessie was a little different in that he refused to sign a new contract even though we'd made Europe, so I had to make do with what I could get.

We also came into a lot of money this window..

Visser sellon

2028 sell on

:D

Looking forward to the Europa League. Those sales are painful, but in the long run you should see substantial income from them which will take you to the next level... Provided you don't ***** it all on someone like... You get the picture.

giphy.webp

25 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Looking forward to the Europa League. Those sales are painful, but in the long run you should see substantial income from them which will take you to the next level... Provided you don't ***** it all on someone like... You get the picture.

giphy.webp

As if I'd buy someone anyway... :lol:

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

27th October 2027

KNVB Beker Second Round

Marcel Brands Arena, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk 1 - 1p SC Telstar (SC Telstar win 4-3 on sudden death penalties)

2028 cup exit

Same team, same round, same method of exit. FFS.

This time we were royally stitched. We smashed them all game and their goal came from a catastrophic f*ck up as our DC tripped whilst heading the ball back to the keeper and their winger tapped in.

Brutal luck again, man. Reminds me of my constant misfortune in the DFB-Pokal with Dortmund, which was one of my biggest frustrations with that save. I hope you get them again next year and smash them instead.

3 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Brutal luck again, man. Reminds me of my constant misfortune in the DFB-Pokal with Dortmund, which was one of my biggest frustrations with that save. I hope you get them again next year and smash them instead.

Next time I get them, or play them, I'm going to put my first team out and smash them

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2028 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2028 jan transfers

Surprise! We never had a raid for our players! Miracles do exist!

ST Robin ten Hag (sold for £2m + 50% sell on clause to AFC Ajax Amsterdam)

This one was a weird one. His contract ran out in 2029, so I was getting in early and for a 17 year old who had played precisely two games for the first team, his agent wanted £8k p/w!! This was double what I was paying any of my players!!! I tried to get him to sack the agent, but no dice. So I put him in the U-19's. He then kicked because he was down there. So I transfer-listed him and Ajax came in. RESPECT MY AUTHORATAH!

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

10th February 2029

UEFA Europa League First Knockout Round, Leg 1

Saint Petersburg, St. Petersburg

Zenit St. Peterburg 0 - 1 RKC Waalwijk

2028 fkr1st

A smash and grab, personified by the deflected Sam van Weert shot that got us the vital away goal.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

17th February 2029

UEFA Europa League First Knockout Round, Leg 2

Rat Verlegh Stadion, Breda

RKC Waalwijk 2 - 0 Zenit St. Petersburg

2028 fkr2nd

Stunning win. Out-shot them 30 to 1 and just utterly dominated! Second Knockout Round awaits!

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2nd March 2029

UEFA Europa League Second Knockout Round, Leg 1

Artemio Franchi, Florence

ACF Fiorentina 1 - 0 RKC Waalwijk

2028 UEL skr1

We had suspensions and injuries that meant any result was a good one and, just conceding from a corner was good news for the second leg

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

9th March 2029

UEFA Europa League First Knockout Round, Leg 2

RKC Waalwijk 1 - 2 ACF Fiorentina

2028 UEL skr2

An absolute heartbreaker. We were leading and looking good for extra-time, when van Duijnhoven idiotically got himself sent off. His replacement, Colin Ajach, made a mistake to let Fiorentina level the scores and the extra man helped them to get the win. Angry isn't the word.

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2028 Youth Intake

2028 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #10. What a way to usher in our second decade at the club with what could be it's worst intake yet, at first glance. We're still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Prospects

MR Gino Lurling

Gino is sorely needed to be honest. We have one defensive winger in the entire club and when he's been out, we've missed him. So he'll become a serious player if he can develop

AMR Frans Meeuwis

Frans is a bit of an anomaly. Where do I play him? I don't use AMR/L's, so he'll have to be re-trained as a striker or left midfield IMO

GK Cagri Bal

Cagri is a good get for goalkeeping depth tbh. He'll sit 4th choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2028?

Just how local are my intakes? We have State of the Art Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

Our intake pool stayed strong on this, with only Bal being more than 100km from the club

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2028

2028 yoof result

Another poor match, where the RYC never seemed to get out of first gear.

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Gino Lurling (6.9)

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

11th May 2028

Eredivisie European Places Playoff Semi Final, Leg 1

RKC Waalwijk 5 - 1 FC Twente Enschende

2028 euro playoff l1 result

Boom! Looks like a cake-walk into the Final

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

14th March 2028

Eredivisie European Places Playoff Semi Final, Leg 2

Grolsche Veste, Enschende

FC Twente Enschende 5 - 1p RKC Waalwijk (RKC win 4-1 on penalties)

2028 euro playoff l2 result

Holy crap. This nearly became a nightmare. With an early OG and dubious VAR, I wasn't massively bothered. But when they battered another two quick goals, we were in serious trouble. I made three subs by the 35th minute and it was enough for us to get the vital away goal. It took an 88th minute goal by Twente to take the game to extra time. We managed to survive to penalties and, despite our issues with penalties, we managed to get through.

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2027/28 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 4th place (predicted 9th) - Lost in European Playoff Final vs AFC Ajax Amsterdam

A quite uneven season where we battled hard, seemed to make light of rotated squads, but the backside fell out for a bit, then we rallied strongly to pip PSV Eindhoven to 4th place in the Eredivisie on goal difference on the last matchday. Sam van Weert picked up the Eredivisie Golden Boot award and we look good heading into the next season, albeit one without European football

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Second Round (predicted Quarter-Final)

Again. We breezed through a First Round matchup with minnows HFC Harlem with youth striker Robin ten Hag getting a double. We then came up against Keuken Kampioen Divisie opponents SC Telstar for the second time in two seasons. Still smarting from last season's exit, we looked comfortable for most of the match until, on 80 minutes, a ball over the top seemingly caused havoc with our centre-back and his poor header back to the keeper allowed Telstar to score. Again, we went to penalties and they scored their first sudden death penalty to dump us out of the competition 6-5.. Cup Results

UEFA Europa League: Lost in Second Knockout Round (predicted Group Stage)

Our first time in Europe since the InterToto Cup in 2001. We breezed through a group containing Hapoel Beer'Sheva, Vitoria Guimaraes SC and Club Brugge, losing only the dead rubber to Brugge at the end. On winning the group, we then faced Zenit St.Petersburg who happily rolled over and allowed us to progress 3-0 on aggregate. Sadly, our Second Knockout Round opponents, ACF Fiorentina were made of sterner stuff and sent us packing from the competition, 1-3 on aggregate European Results.

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Summary

A brief foray into Europe was our reward this season. Hopefully, we can keep going forward and finally land some silverware this season.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2028/29 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them. We're chugging away quite nicely right now for players, but we do need to start retraining players for positions, otherwise we'll see an issue when injuries or player sales bite (Lineups accurate on 00:01, 06 July 2028)

Goalkeeper

Adnan Mulic

Bjorn van Veen

Wil van Boekel

Right Back                                                                                                     Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Rob Eind                                                                             Bryan Dirkx                                                                          Danny van Agt                                                  Gijs van Duijnhoven

Joep van Lieshout                                                               Lee-Quincey Profijt                                                                  Pim de Jong                                                           Colin Ajiach

Ingo van Weert                                                                   Joep van Lieshout                                                    Erik Franssen

Defensive Midfield

Rogier de Jager                      

Niels Smit

Floris Bastiaansen

Right Midfield                                                                                     Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                              Left MIdfield  

Rein van Helmond                                                               Mark Wijks                                                                            Scott Langerak                                                        Bjorn Wolf

Gino Lurling                                                                     Mart Ramos                                                                               Frans Smit                                                        Maurice van Duren

Niels Smit                                                                                Frans Jansen                                                    Stefan van Gerwen

Striker

Sam van Weert

Rene van Dongen

Kevin Prent

Well, we don't have that much of a difference this season, apart from the sales from last season.

Edited by Deisler26

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2023

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

Intake #5. It's the Class of 2023.

2023 yoof 2

A bumper haul here!. We'll concentrate on the 3* prospects and up, unless there are any significant deviations. We had Leo Munsters, Andre de Wit, Driss Taarabt, TIm Pattinama, Maurice van Duren, Frans Smit and Adan Mulic as our 3* and up.

Leo Munsters

Now: 21 years old, Olympique de Marseille

Leo made his debut in the 2022/23 season and in the three and a half seasons he was at the club, he made 52 appearances, scoring 3 goals and assisting 13 times for an average rating of 7.20. In the January 2026 transfer wiindow, Olympique de Marseille came in with a £10m + 50% sell on bid. During his time so far at Marseille, he has made 66 appearances in all competitions for them, scoring two goals and assisting 4 times for a 6.90 average rating. 

So far, Leo has two winner's medals in his pocket, the 2028 UEFA Europa League and the 2027 Coupe de la Ligue BKT.

Rick made his debut for the Netherlands in September 2026 in a UEFA Nations League match against Germany. Since then he has picked up 21 caps, with his first goal coming against Iceland in June 2028.

Andre de Wit

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 20 years old, Borussia Dortmund

Andre came out of the academy, tagged as the best player ever to come through the system. So much so, that I hothoused him in the Under-18's when he was clearly ready for the first team on Day 1. He made 80 appearances for the first team over four & a half seasons, scoring 51 goals and assisting 6 times for an average rating of 7.63. However, in the summer of 2027, Borussia Dortmund smashed their, Germany's and the Netherlands transfer record when they made a bid of £71m for him and it was accepted. He settled into his new life in Dortmund, appearing 46 times in all competitions last season, scoring 24 goals and assisting 6 times for an overall rating of 7.65. 

Andre has no winners medals, but a slew of personal accolades, winning the 2027 European Golden Boy and 2027 World U-21 Player of the Year awards last season, as well as being voted into the 2027/28 UEFA Europa League Dream Team, to go with his 2026/27 Eredivisie Golden Boot award

Andre also has made 12 appearances for the Netherlands, making his debut in the September 2026 UEFA Nations League match against Germany and scoring his first goal against Uruguay in October 2026, the first of 5 international goals so far.

Driss Taarabt 

Now: 21 years old, Jong Ajax

Driss was in the intake, however we decided not to give him a youth contract. He was released and signed for N.E.C Nijmegen in the summer of 2023. He went on to make 83 appearances for them over 4 seasons, scoring 3 goals and assisting 7 times for an average rating of 6.74. He was released in the summer of 2027, only to sign a contract with AFC Ajax Amsterdam. To date, he made 31 appearances for their Jong side, scoring 3 goals and assisting once for a match rating of 6.61.

Driss appeared for the Netherlands U-20 side, but has yet to make an appearance higher up.

Tim Pattinama

Now: 21 years old, Feyenoord Rotterdam

Tim was one of those players that could have played in two different positions when he made the first team in 2022/23, depending on the formation used. In his four seasons at the club, he played 70 games, scoring 2 goals and assisting 3 times for an average rating of 6.76. In the January 2027 transfer window, German side Rassenballsport Leipzig came in with a clause-meeting £15.5m bid. He then played 14 games for Leipzig in all competitions, mainly European, for a rating of 6.60. Sadly, after just one season in Germany, Leipzig cut their losses and sold him to Feyenoord Rotterdam for a cut-price £6.75m. He made 14 appearances last season for them, getting an average match rating of 7.09. 

Tim has just the one winner's medal, a 2027/28 Eredivisie winners medal from his first season with Feyenoord.

Mitchell has made 15 appearances for the Netherlands U-21 side, scoring two goals, but has yet to graduate to the full team

Frans Smit

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Frans was a project when he came up through the academy. In his time at the club, he's made 64 appearances in all competitions, scoring 7 goals and assisting 14 times for an average rating of 7.05

Frans has appeared 6 times for the Netherlands U-21 side, scoring 3 goals.

Maurice van Duren

Maurice has been steady, coming out of the academy. He has made 31 appearances for the first team so far, scoring 5 goals and assisting once for an average rating of 6.84. Last season, he went on loan to fellow Eredivisie side NAC Breda. In his time there, he made 17 appearances, scoring 3 goals and assisting twice for an average rating of 6.90.

Adnan Mulic

Adnan has risen through the ranks to become our starting goalie. So far, he has made 46 appearances for the club, keeping 20 clean sheets at a match rating of 6.89,

Adnan also has two caps for the Netherlands U-21 side.

This was certainly the hidden gems intake. Bryan Dirkx and Rein van Helmond are both first team starters for us, Erik Franssen is third choice left back and Marco Schouten has also appeared in the first team.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2028 Transfer Window

Targets:

2029 targets

Transfers:

2028 aug transfers

Out of the four sales this window, one was my fault, two were good offers and the last one was surplus to requirements

Siem Vergouwen (sold to Watford FC for £15.5m + 50% sell on)

Siem was desperate to move on from us and Watford came in with close to his release clause. So to get the 50% sell on, I put it up to his release clause and they accepted.

Jordy Mulder (sold to De Graafschap for £1.5m + 50% sell on)

Jordy started last season as our #1 full back and ended up fourth choice. He was surplus to requirements and De Graafschap were happy to take him off our hands

Frans Smit (sold to AZ Alkmaar for £5m + 50% sell on)

Frans was doing OK, but was chomping at the bit to be more of a key player, but he wasn't good enough, so it was easy to make the sale.

Frans Meeuwis (signed by Sporting Clube de Lisbon for £725k compensation)

This was very annoying. I hadn't signed him to a full time contract and Sporting nipped in and stole him from under my nose. Annoyed isn't the word.

• 2 weeks later...

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2029 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2029 jan trasfers

This was the most frustrating transfer window of them all. 6 players came to me unhappy with their playing time and none of their problems got solved. Well, apart from one..

DM/MC Mart Ramos (sold for £4m + 50% sell on clause to Lille OSC)

He just wasn't playing, due to not learning a new role well enough and when he complained, I was happy to sell and Lille were happy to buy.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2029 Youth Intake

2029 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #11. A full defensive bounty here, which will create some logjam problems in the future. We're still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Prospects

DC Jordi Hulsman

Jordi is possibly one of my favourite prospects in this career. I'll break the bank to keep him here.

DL Dennis van Leeuwen

Dennis is a good future prospect for DL. The 3 years he'll sit in the U-19's will give me time to sift through the logjam

DC Ruud Propper

Ruud will form a deadly partnership with Hulsman in defence, meaning our backline will be anchored for years IMO

-------------------------------------------------------------

Other 3* Prospects

GK Bradley Knopper

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2029?

Just how local are my intakes? We have State of the Art Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

Our intake pool expanded with this one, with a number of graduates coming in from over 100km away

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2029

2029 ryc game

Jordi Hulsman, having signed a pro contract earlier in the day, managed to get himself sent off for the victorious U-19 side. 

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Ruud Propper (6.9)

• 2 weeks later...

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2028/29 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 2nd place (predicted 9th) - Qualified for UEFA Champions League

A very odd season, in that we achieved our highest ever placing, 2nd in the Eredivisie, but we were miles behind a rampant Feyenoord Rotterdam, who seemed to sweep all before them in the league, ending up 9 points clear of us in second. Sam van Weert scored his 100th goal for the club this season and, if things hold, he should break the league goalscoring record for RKC next season.

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Quarter-FInal (predicted Quarter-Final)

A better season in the cup for us. We breezed past Keuken Kampioen Divisie side PEC Zwolle, 4-1, in the First Round before humiliating part-timers ODIN '59 9-0 in the Second Round with three players hitting braces for the win. Relegation-haunted Almere City were our next victims in the Third Round and our first team sleep-walked to an easy 2-0 win. Sadly, we came up against all-conquering Feyenoord Rotterdam in the Quarter Finals and it meant another pot-less season, going down 1-3 Cup Results

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Summary

I just hope that Feyenoord lose their £40m-rated loan striker for next season. Otherwise, I think we may be in for another long season. However, we are about to embark on our first ever Champions League adventure, so it's not all bad!! And with a new £23m stadium naming deal (Hello, KLM Flightpath Arena), we should be in the mix

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2029/30 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them. We're chugging away quite nicely right now for players, but we do need to start retraining players for positions, otherwise we'll see an issue when injuries or player sales bite (Lineups accurate on 09:00, 01 July 2029)

Goalkeeper

Bjorn van Veen

Oussama El Khatib

Wil van Boekel

Right Back                                                                                                     Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Rob Eind                                                                             Bryan Dirkx                                                                          Danny van Agt                                                  Gijs van Duijnhoven

Melvin Plat                                                                      Lee-Quincey Profijt                                                                 Jordi Huisman                                                         Colin Ajiach

Gilberto Costa                                                                        Ruud Propper                                                                        Pim de Jong                                                            Erik Franssen

Defensive Midfield

Rogier de Jager                      

Floris Bastiaansen

Edward Franken

Right Midfield                                                                                     Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                              Left MIdfield  

Rein van Helmond                                                               Mark Wijks                                                                            Scott Langerak                                                        Bjorn Wolf

Gino Lurling                                                                        Jelle Maas                                                                               Frans Jansen                                                    Mitchell Mokono

Anthony Assouiki                                                                  Simon den Dikken                                             

Striker

Sam van Weert

Rene van Dongen

Andre Wassenberg

A number of changes to the depth chart this season, with massive changes to the midfield and right back positions. Mitchell Mokono makes a surprise entry as a capable backup for Wolf

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2024

Intake #6. It's the Class of 2024.

2024 yoof 2

Our intake fields went from rich and verdant to fallow in just one year. We'll concentrate on the 3* prospects and up, unless there are any significant deviations. We only had Jesse Stenzler and Peter Goedgebuure as our 3* and up. However, Jordy Mulder was tagged as a possible late-bloomer. 

Jesse Stenzler

Now: 21 years old, Manchester City

Jesse made his debut in the 2023/24 season and in the three and a half seasons he was at the club, he made 47 appearances, scoring 4 goals for an average rating of 7.02. In the summer of 2027, he intimated to the club that he would not sign a long term contract, Rassenballsport Leipzig then came in with a £15m + 50% sell on bid. During his time at RB Leipzig, he made 47 appearances in all competitions for them, assisting 4 times for a 7.00 average rating. In the summer of 2028, however, he would be sold to Real Madrid C.F for £13.25m. In his time in Spain, he would make 28 appearances in all competitions, scoring once and assisting twice for an average rating of 7.16. Sadly, he would be on the move again this recent offseason, moving to Manchester CIty for £33.25m

So far, Jesse has four winner's medals in his pocket, the 2028 La Liga Santander and Supercopa de Espana, whilst in Madrid and the 2029 UEFA Super Cup and McDonalds Community Shield with Manchester City.

Jesse made his debut for the Netherlands in March 2028 in a UEFA Nations League match against Slovakia. Since then he has picked up another 3 caps

Peter Goedgebuure

Now: 22 years old, AC Milan

Peter made his debut in the last game of the 2024/25 season for the club. In his three and a half seasons at the club, he made 67 appearances, conceding 77 goals and keeping 21 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.96. In the summer of 2027, AC Milan came in with a £15m + 50% sell on bid. He has yet to make an appearance for Milan, but spent the 2027/28 season on loan at Real Zaragoza C.F, where he made 42 appearances, conceding 72 goals and only keeping 6 clean sheets for a 6.74 average rating. He also spent last season on loan at Borussia Dortmund where he made just the 4 appearances in all competitions, conceding 6 goals for an average rating of 6.72.

Peter also has made 15 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's, but has yet to make the step up to the main side.

Jordy Mulder 

Now:  21 years old, De Graafschap

Jordy made his debut for the first team in the 2025/26 season. In four and a half seasons at the club, he made 56 appearances for the club, scoring 3 times and assisting 16 times for an average rating of 7.27. He was incredibly consistent for us, but I had somewhat of a logjam at right back and needed to make way, so when relegation-haunted De Graafschap signed him to a deal starting in the 2028/29 offseason for £1.5m, I was happy to let him go. He has made 20 appearances for the club so far, scoring once and assisting twice for an average rating of 6.78.

This was also a hidden gems intake, on the defensive side. Pim de Jong, Melvin Plat and Simon den Dikken have all made appearances for the first team recently.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

8th August 2029

UEFA Champions League Best Placed Third Qualifying Phase, Leg 1

KLM Flightpath Arena, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk 5 - 1 Bestiktas A.S

2030 uclbq3 result 1

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2029 Transfer Window

Targets:

2030 targets

Transfers:

2030 aug transfers

All four sales this window were excellent deals for what we needed.

Joep van Lieshout (sold to Fortuna Sittard for £525k + 50% sell on)

WIth Rob Eind and a gaggle of backups available, he needed to be moved on.

Adnan Mulic (sold to AZ Alkmaar for £2.5m + 50% sell on)

He was blocking Bjorn van Veen's path to being #1, so he had to go.

Rene van Dongen (sold to SC Freiburg for £12m + 50% sell on)

Rene was doing OK, but was chomping at the bit to be more of a key player, but Sam van Weert wasn't making it easy, so again, he had to go.

Rob Eind (sold to Borussia Monchengladbach for £7.5m + 50% sell on)

This was a complete left-field offer and one I couldn't argue with, being wayyyy above his value.

Just had a good read through this thread - like that you approach youth only in more or less the opposite way to myself. I bend over backwards to keep players at the club, while you're very happy to sell on and bring someone up the conveyor belt. How's Andre de Wit getting on at Dortmund? His physicals are insane. I feel that trophies are just around the corner!