Rangers and Celtic

Carlf788

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of transfers going on for season 3! Scott Arfield, Saido Berahino, Tommie Hoban, Nikola Katic, Eros Grezda, Ross McCrorie and Julian Baumgartlinger all sold for a total of £104mil. Nearly sold Jon Flanagan as well for £38mil, but he didn't want to leave for Leeds United, I had a possible replacement lined up as well in Robert Gumny for just £5mil! Also have Callum Paterson on his way for £6mil from Cardiff which will be a boost to our Scottish ranks. Our biggest signing has to be Blaise Matuidi on a free transfer, he might be 33 but he's still our best midfielder in the squad and he's also a coach at the same time. Brought in Lewis Gordon as backup to Rogerio and also an 18 year old scottish regen for £12.5mil who seems to have great potential, might have to loan him out though as our midfield is packed with backup players.

My squad for the 3rd season and to think we still have a transfer budget of £86mil! I won't be signing anyone else though, I'll save the money until we can sign top class players. I'm hoping we keep Flanagan but Leicester are looking at him and if we get a similar bid to what Leeds offered, I can't refuse. We literally just signed Roque Mercado who is even better than Rogerio and considering we're lacking at left wing, I've decided to retrain Rogerio to left wing as we have 3 left backs.

Squad.thumb.png.4cff76938b5e569fdf9a33ff05610bac.png

Really disappointed that Connor Goldson is leaving us :( Liverpool came in with a bid (as well as Everton) and he supports Liverpool, so I couldn't say no, especially when he's our captain and could disrupt the entire squad. Also annoying the Everton were willing to pay more, but his obvious choice was Liverpool, still manage to squeeze £35mil out of them though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just played celtic at theirs in the last game before the lg split.  Won it 3-1 and am now 12 points clear at the top going into the last 5 games.  Have only lost one game all season and currently on 90 points.  Also in the semi of the cup.

Looks like their 10 IAR dream is over lol

League won with the first game after the split,, beat Killie 2-0 ,, but then the following day Celtic lost 4-1 away to Hearts , Job Done.  Didn't even have to do the old editor or sugar daddy thing,, although might later on for fun if I start to get bored.

Transfer budget has been slashed tho for next season.  Only 3mil or 5mil if I adjust the wages,,,, money back from transfers also down to like 30%,, gues Dave King is just content now he has stopped 10IAR.  Tbf its probably to be expected after what they gave me last season and we are expanding the stadium,, due to be finished in the summer,,, so guess that needs paid for, but should provided more funds in the long run.

Just read through and caught up, I've had two saves (due to a laptop death and my save not being on the cloud :seagull: )with FM19 trying to stop Celtic and both saves Celtic have just been unbelievable!

First tried with Hearts and got about 10 years in before laptop died. I had managed to dethrone them by season 6 but those early years were just something else as you guys have posted. I'd go a season losing only 2 drawing 3 and yet they still did better to win the title. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Eventually though my fully Scottish squad took them down and was on for 4 titles in a row when tragedy struck.

New laptop and the urge to take a smaller team up the leagues was appealing so I plumped for Raith Rovers as doing a bit of digging they had some quality there and good facilities.

Into 2024 and Celtic have been dominant every year but with a squad made entirely of academy players (bar 1 AMC regen I nicked from Killie) I'm currently top as of Jan 2nd by 4 points and daring to believe. 20 games, won 16, drawn 2 & lost 2.

By the way, took my 18 games to finally even just BEAT Celtic in a game let alone think of winning the league :eek:

Kept in contention right up until the penultimate match day but just couldn’t see it through and Celtic have gone marching on :seagull:

I need some better central midfielders to come through the academy and hopefully will take me to the next level.

Won the league cup though and got them in the Scottish Cup final so hopefully I can bag that and keep the squad happy as a few starting to think they need to move to a bigger club :(

03771EAC-27EE-424F-A8AE-889A36180B75.jpeg

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Kept in contention right up until the penultimate match day but just couldn’t see it through and Celtic have gone marching on :seagull:

I need some better central midfielders to come through the academy and hopefully will take me to the next level.

Won the league cup though and got them in the Scottish Cup final so hopefully I can bag that and keep the squad happy as a few starting to think they need to move to a bigger club :(

03771EAC-27EE-424F-A8AE-889A36180B75.jpeg

Rodgers is due a move mate, if he goes everything will change...

Just read the 3rd paragraph in my pic, dunno what's up with that glitch saying they are on a 15 game unbeaten streak back to last season and they are second :idiot:.

Yeah Rodgers isn't very realistic in this game staying to achieve immortality instead of going for mediocrity :brock:.

I think I could dethrone them if I went out and spent money but I'm interested in trying to achieve success with regens only now, 1st couple of years I took out of contract players and paid £200k for the regen from Killie as his stats were just unbelievable but I keep getting 3/4 4star potential in my regens so I'm now just doing youth only.

My worry is though that the blend may never come with current wanting to leave while potential still too raw to challenge Celtic.

Was inspired by this thread, and literally just loaded a new game. This is what i'm thinking of working with, with very little knowledge of league and players. Some controvertial decisions, but i think it might be worth the gamble. Any tips for a newbie in scotland?

99388366a87cf378f480129eeb28a685.png

This is the setup for the few hard games we will have. Most of the time i'll play on positive moving the DLP next to the CMA

Edited by Raymond85

Edit: well i stupidly lost the save. I'm mad and i don't think i'll be restarting soon, i'll just let it sulk in a bit

Summer went fantastic, and my Carlos Pena gamble paid off. He was one of the best players, despite his determination and work rate, picking up 4 goals

5c3b6d5774a9fab76d92d617073e91c7.png

I fielded many reserves in the League,because we really want Europa League's money and attraction. And managing a magical defeat of Sevilla, we are into the group stages. That means we will need both experience and talent. So i invested heavily into the transfer market, terminating almost all loans, except kent, because those players were not in our project. Here's what happened (with Lafferty also in talks with Millwal to leave the club.

3bf23810eeef426d36935a93deb29708.png

Candeias was not a programmed sale, but how can you say no to that money for a 30 y/o, even if he is great. We found a cheap alternative in 26 y/o Jacolis instead.

We needed a lot of experience and alternatives in midfield. Perfect for mentoring also.

Spoiler

d0335b787b97e8e4115191bfeee1b3f3.png

fafd36410f1e806210b86509f88fc86d.png

5af04376dca685b12d6738aee04f753d.png

Also brought in a cheaper alternative to Defoe, who got sent. Thing is, his knee cracked for a couple of weeks already.... won't be easy dealing with him in training

Spoiler

da90726ce1abb6e61c8f61c45b470709.png

We have flanagan who can cover both flanks but we lacked a good alter ego on the other side

Spoiler

40c9c3ad6609468818c4b05d7f7745d6.png

Now here are our quality buys to set us for the present and future

Spoiler

4205ccc38c01466d69d150acc6593340.png

8e860f592c7fb78707b61c024a971f3d.png

717c643351d794782d29e2f82028e1e3.png

3d86c628213ebc22a3f88c16e2887ad8.png

30883854eac39b7275edebe9a96fabdd.png

This was not necessary, but when you find such a quality DLP on loan, you just have to grab him

Spoiler

106f0f9de986bf3f0ae66d218e1a0ffa.png

Another unexpected signing, with Candeias going ouit, in comes the substitute, and 4 years younger

Spoiler

57e8314976e5f41b287382021ac22dff.png

Our squad now lookes like this

a0ddd192e72d3dbead9145f23021a58b.png2350465aa0ae67247c9626db110f9433.png

And our tactics. As i said, in tougher matches we're going to drop Samper deeper and go on balanced instead of positive. Let see how it fares in Old Firm.

51f4b995774f729368b30b7681dcda29.png

We also found out our EL group. It could have been better, but still, could have been far worse

05d5712dc04726efae3a42639bc2823f.png

Edit: well i stupidly lost the save. I'm mad and i don't think i'll be restarting soon, i'll just let it sulk in a bit

Edited by Raymond85

• 4 months later...

My team half way through season 3.

Gk. Malenica

DR. Juranovic/Walker Peters

DL. G. Taylor/Jamal Lewis

DC. Kalaica/McCrorie

DC. Okore/in talks with Issa Diop

CM. Andreas Periera/Lewis Ferguson/Andre Almeida

CM. Zakaria/Jack

LW. Trincao/Mario Ferreira/Middleton

AMC. Piug/RyanChristie