Seeking help for Barca 433

I've started a save as Barcelona in the year 2031, where they're distinctly not as good as they are now (they came 6th place last season). I've created a 433 which is doing alright, but I'm unsure over roles. Basically, the idea is that the AP on the left comes deep and drifts inside and the deep-lying playmaker drops deep alongside the DM to give the AP room and to cover the space left by the advanced left-wingback. Is DLP(Su) the right role for this (maybe if I gave the player the PPM 'comes deep to get ball?)? Is it possible to make the desired movement, where the DM shifts left and the DLP drops deep to create a double-pivot? The WB would bomb down the left flank into the space created by the AP. I'm unsure over what to do with the rightmost CM, and was thinking to make him a mezzala or advanced playmaker. My final question is is it possible to have a fullback drift inside and the two centrebacks shift over to create a back three like Abidal sometimes did with Pep's Barca, if that makes any sense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry if my English isn't very good.

idealmovement433.thumb.PNG.30e03637ec91c3b671c85f930bbc4e55.PNG

barca433potential.thumb.PNG.4460e20e125ea73f420e31f46d3649e5.PNG

Looks a decent setup to me but we could really do with at least the squad list to have a look at at least. Do you have the players to fit the roles? Does your backline have the qualities to hold a high line? etc

Your role selections look fine for what you want but I'd have a think about whos going to get up and support the lone attacking forward. As your trying to create a double pivot plus have a wide forward dropping as a playmaker I think you'll run the risk of having 6 players behind the ball and limited forward passing options when playing a positive mentality.

Not sure that much shorter passing, lower tempo, narrow width and focus play down the middle would be of much help (not necessarily in terms of achieving your desired style of play but from a purely practical standpoint). The defensive section of your tactic can also be risky, but I guess you don't care too much about defending (assuming your philosophy is "score one more").

We don't know your players, so it's difficult to speculate which particular setup of roles and duties would suit them best. I can only tell you what I personally would try based on a vague assumption of what type of players you have, and without changing a lot compared to your setup:

DLFa/PFa

APMs                            Wa

CAR    MEZs

DLPd/s

WBa    CD     CD      IWBd

SKs

Mentality - positive

In possession - (slightly) shorter passing, play out of defence, work ball into box, overlap left

In transition - counter, distribute to CBs & FBs

Out of possession - higher DL / standard LOE / more urgent / offside trap (and only sometimes tighter marking)

Most of our games this season have been really low-scoring - either 1-0 wins, 0-0 draws or 1-1 draws, so although I'm aiming for a 'score one more' mentality as you said, it's certainly not that at the moment. My centrebacks are quick and have high anticipation and agility, so I don't think playing a high-line is a problem. Ideally I'd like to build a team around this guy, who at 17 is insane (and one of the reasons I decided to manage this team):

ROCCOPONCELAS17.thumb.png.cbe59bdfcb7245e7815a3bb95c029d45.png

Here's a new formation, scrapping the AP.

newbarca433.thumb.png.a18e7b066cfb490af3a6a2a589cda255.png

Would the carrilero stay deep enough to cover the WB(At)? Is this the best way to utilise Poncelas, who could become one of the best players in my save? Do the new team instructions and player roles look better to provide more attacking penetration? I could drop the mentality to standard, which would presumably make the buildup play slower and more patient, allowing time for more players to get in front of the player on the ball?

Perhaps the defend setting doesn't come to low creativity?

If you set it to six support, max will come out.(check the creativity in familiarity) I recommend it.

Personally, I have organized one play-maker for every three supporters(so 2 play-maker + 6 supporter + 2 attacker system)

In addition to the attributes and preferred moves in position to fit. (It's really hard work.)

Always, but instructions are just instructions and players don't follow instructions.

So the cause analysis is difficult (tactical problem or player movement problem).

The problem is that too much random playing like a noise if you don't limit your player to preferred play.

You can handle and fix those things.

And then you can see below highlights.

Full length game playing scene

** The point is that the tactical instructions are free and flexible,

but the movement is limited for dribbling(or passing) in the wrong direction.

then that leaves a pretty useful and creative movement pattern.

P.S Frankly, the trophy is not the goal of mine.  I just want to see a football of some great tactician .

So I'm sorry I can't help much.

15 hours ago, RedNomad said:

deally I'd like to build a team around this guy, who at 17 is insane (and one of the reasons I decided to manage this team):

ROCCOPONCELAS17.thumb.png.cbe59bdfcb7245e7815a3bb95c029d45.png

I would try this guy as a RMD as one of his potential roles on the left flank. Of course, that would require a couple of changes to other roles or duties (the striker would be on support, left WB also on support, the mezzala (MCR) could go on attack and then the right back would be IWB on defend). Btw, in your current system the lone striker appears to be too isolated as the only advanced player with an attack duty. So if you want him to remain on attack duty, then either set the winger (AMR) or the mezzala on attack as well. 

Would the carrilero stay deep enough to cover the WB(At)?

Carillero's main duty is to protect and "patrol" the flank, especially when his FB/WB bombs forward. How well he will do the job though depends on whether you have chosen the right player for the role.

Do the new team instructions and player roles look better to provide more attacking penetration?

Honestly, no. 

1 hour ago, RedNomad said:

I've made your changes and went through four 0-0's in a row, so I'm going back to FM18 where it was actually possible to score without resorting to a gegenpressing system.

I would do the same if I had bought it, instead I only have FM 17, but played enough of that. To summarize, teams only score CONSISTENTLY from set pieces, long shots. I think the build-up is very much non existent a lot of the times (for example IN BUILD-UP there is no difference between attacking duty runners and support ones, somehow players are just unwilling to do as they are told, sometimes never making a run unless in the final third, that's just totally unrealistic and gives zero creativity to me), decision making is horrible at times, and yeah I just wrote cuz I found comfort that someone is as frustrated as me 😅.

13 hours ago, RedNomad said:

I've made your changes and went through four 0-0's in a row

You've made changes to some roles and duties, but what about other instructions?

13 hours ago, RedNomad said:

so I'm going back to FM18 where it was actually possible to score without resorting to a gegenpressing system

I also like FM18 more than FM19. Not because it was easier to break down packed defences and score, but because the tactics creator was more user-friendly IMO. Btw, I never use geggenpress (or any sort of extremely aggressive defending for that matter). What I do tactics-wise is just set the most basic instructions for each segment of play, then watch the match carefully and analyze if certain tweaks are needed based on what I see. And I do analyze the opposition prior to the game in a lot of detail.

Archived