New Save - Leicester City Chairman

Hi All,

Apologies in advance, I wasn't sure how to name this thread or where to place it, but below is the explanation.

Every now and then I'll create a new save which involves starting the season in March 2019 (using Sweden/Norway leagues).

I'll then go to the EPL league table and go one of the teams sitting in the relegation zone with the sole purpose of trying to save them from the drop.

This time I chose Leicester who were 18th as Fulham and Cardiff were too far gone to save.

In the game Leicester have a managing director and no chairman (I understand the situation there). I assumed that after a month or two in the game this would change but it hasn't, there seems to be no sign of anyone becoming the chairman or taking over.

Does this sound like a bug or will a chairman eventually take over? It wouldn't be an issue but I got zero for the summer transfer kitty, despite being given £15m for my final position and a further £80m for TV rights.

Any ideas? Happy to provide further details if needed.

12 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I suspect that the Chairman issue will be addressed in the January transfer window update which will include a database update as well.

I get that mate in terms of there will likely be a chairman added, thats not really my issue (probs due to my poor explanation).

What I assumed would happen is that the game would identify that Leicester were without a chairman and then maybe promote a board member or create a takeover scenario? Does that make sense?

Its more to address the financial side as I wasn't given a transfer budget etc. 

This is a good point if playing a long term save. My view is that Leicester should appoint a Chairman in FM as its empty FM role within the game. real life updates as always can be made at appropriate FM update windows

• SI Staff

Leicester will not appoint a Chairman until there is a board takeover. The MD fulfils the role of Chairperson here, finances should remain unaffected.

We'll investigate the budget issue, could you please post in our bugs section attaching a save just before the budgets are due to be given? Cheers.

Archived