Striker issues

Hi there first time poster

Im having issues with my players passing to the striker.  I tried a few different formations  The striker seems to hang next to the defender but no one makes any effort to play a pass in behind. They seem to pass it around and shoot from distance. I have changed all of them to Shoot less often. 

Can anyone see something im missing? 

Thanks

image.thumb.png.d2ac0be7236a5ef3f0c853d41a4dc478.png

An obvious problem is the isolation of your lone striker, as he's the only player on attack duty, which gets even more pronounced when you play on a high mentality like you do (attacking). 

You are also using too many team instructions, especially in possession, a number of which seem unnecessary if you ask me. Unless you are a tactical master, you should start with just a few basic instructions that would initially define your preferred playing style (such as mentality, passing, tempo). Then watch the matches carefully to see if you should add some more, but add them just one step at a time until you've become confident enough in your tactical knowledge. 

Also try to be less one-dimensional with roles and duties. Instead of having both fullbacks as wingbacks on support, one could be a FB on attack. The same goes for wide forwards. If one is IF on support, the other could be a winger on attack. As in the following example:

PFa

IFs      APs      Wa

CAR   DLPd

FBa    CD    CD    WBs

SKs

6 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Btw where can I set target man or playmaker? I've read something about it but can't find it where to set them

I didn't quite understand what do you mean by "set" TM or PM? You can assign either role to a player in an appropriate position. A target-man can play only in a striker position (on support or attack duty), whereas playmakers can play in a number of different positions and have various duties. And there are also several types of play-maker roles (deep lying PM, advanced PM, roaming PM, regista, enganche, trequartista and wide PM).

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:42, the raven said:

The striker seems to hang next to the defende

Change the striker role, team instructions or both.  When you don't have the ball, as a pressing forward his job is win the ball back and track defenders.  When in possession your instructions leave little space for him.

2 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

AM / FC combinations don't particularly work at the moment. Even if your striker is a F9, he'll spend most of his time glued to a centre back, won't make many (if any) good runs and the AM will almost never pick him out unless you're playing on the break.

Agreed, the striker just won't came deep to support the play

Archived